Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Kabuki 101
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 08:45 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

(OOC: LAST ROUND!)

As two of the students seemed fairly quiet, one final question was asked.
"Well, er.. I guess the question I've got is do ya think it might be possible a future shogun would change his mind about this? It's really not fair to keep sayin' girls can't perform in kabuki," she pouted, before another thing floated into her mind, "And will there be more chances to learn some kabuki actin' here at Bugei?" Kono-sensei couldn't help but smile. Clearly it was a great question set and in the teacher's mind it was a beautiful way to end the class.

"I'm afraid I can't comment on the actions of future Shoguns. In a way, anything is possible. Though I feel that the institution of Kabuki is fairly low on most Shogun's agendas." her answer seemed sad, but it was honest.
"Now, what I can say to grant some hope is that Kabuki acting will always be available at Edo Bugei. Either as formal classes or as private teaching. I can at least promise you all that much." she said with a warm grinn.
"For now, however, my lecture notes are over and you all still have a day to attend to. I hope you will all take care." she said with a humble bow as she then slid all three students a large box.
"I have prepared a kabuki paint set for all three of you. Please, hold on to it. I think it will mean a lot to each of you in it's own way."

Fairy
Suzu
Kitsu

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 06:55 AM

Elite Member

Member No.: 10

Inori wasn't totally satisfied with the idea that what seemed like a simple fix wouldn't take place. She could agree that there were probably a lot of more important things for the Shogun to be doing, but still. It wouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to proclaim that banning girls from official performing troupes was silly. The more that she thought about the situation the more worked up the girl was becoming too. The young Todo hadn't much background in acting but now she really felt like this was something that needed to change. Could a girl who was training for combatant's duties alter how a performing art was handled? That was yet to be seen.

However she did take some heart in the fact that learning kabuki was available at Edo Bugei. What was it that her aunt had said about training? You started with a foundation, no matter how humble and made it strong enough to withstand a tsunami. Forge it so well that what is built on top of it is unmovable. So if she got started on this kind of thing now, she could start building a foundation. One thing at a time, like her brother would tell her. It was hard though because she wanted to roar out from the start and change the world!

"Oohhh, a present? That's pretty nifty!" she remarked cheerfully as she stepped up to receive her makeup set. After a moment she remembered herself and bowed in thanks to the teacher. But before she left she took the box in her arms, gazed right up into Kono-sensei's eyes and said, "Sensei, I'd be happy to take more lessons on this from ya.. I'm sure we can change the Shogun's mind about girls in kabuki." It was a promise from her, in the moment, to do what she could toward that end. Even if her ghostly acting left a lot to be desired.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 09:53 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Kitsu folded his arms. It was time for him to speak out a bit. "A Shogun will not change his mind without good reason. Random flip flopping on ANY issue, even one as small and simple as weather or not Females can participate in official Kabuki performances, can show a certain amount of weakness. And weakness is not acceptable for a Shogun to display on any level."

He it was a comment made with a level of aggression, but was true if you thought about it. Any weakness shown could be exploited by an enemy looking to overthrow an unstable country. "That's just my two cents. Nothing major changes without reasonable cause, and so it won't until the next shogun is in power."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 10:16 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

NPC POST

With all three students giving final thoughts and words they departed. Thus leaving the fine arts teacher alone in her room. With a large smile on her face she cleaned up the room and put her stuff away. She was very proud of the student's questions and how they responded to her presentation.
"Hmm, it was a bit short though." she thought to herself. She certainly needed to put more into her presentation than simply the history of Kabuki. However, no matter how she looked at it she certainly had inspired at least one person. Todo Inori had certainly seemed interested in the art of Kabuki, an art that Kono-sensei certainly hoped the girl would pursue more later.

Leaving the room she moved to her personal office and put her materials back before removing all of her make up and changing into proper robes before leaving for the day. She needed to return to the Kono-clan's estate near Edo Castle and get some warm tea. She had a lot of paperwork to handle today, but after that lesson she was inspired to go visit the statues of famous Kabuki artists in the city of Edo and then watch a performance saved on her computer.

"I was suppose to inspire them. However, I suppose I'm in a very Kabuki oriented mood now." she said to outloud with a large grin on her face, laughing a bit more leaving the campus.

Three days later all three students would receive letters at their dorms with full marks for the class and notes on the credits that had been added to their school accounts. They would also receive a DVD from Kono-sensei in each letter with a series of her favorite Kabuki plays on the disc.

~Thread End~

Fairy
Suzu
Kitsu

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY