Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Traveling is in the blood (open)
jinn kuki
 Posted: Jul 28 2018, 05:17 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 160

Awards: None

The wind calm and the sun was high in the sky. A sailing ship with the Kuki clan symbol was docked on the harbor. It wasn't quite busy on the ship since most people already left. One of the few people on the ship was Jinn Kuki. He was standing ontop of the main mast holding one of the ropes.

The caiptan would scream towards him to come down that it was too dangerous. Jinn was pretty high ranked a long the Kuki clan members so it would be bad of he got hurt but Jinn simply shrugged it off. Jinn would jump fowards in a swan dive while holding the rope. He would jumps far enough to tighten the rope before the deathpoint. He would swing on the rope downwards while the uppersail of the mainmast would be pulled up so it can't catch any wind anymore.

Jinn would set a couple of steps on the ground before walking towards the mast and knot the sail up so it stays in place. "I have done this more then you captain.". Jinn said in a lazy yet tired tone before he walked towards the edge of the ship so he could look over the edge wondering if there was someone close by he knew.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 11:25 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 172

She couldn't stand the call any longer. Her curiosity and sense of wonderment had enough and wanted to see this massive ship up close.

Viola made some time in between classes, track, and her nightly guard duties to come down to the harbor to see the Chinese ship while it was still docked. It was truly a sight to behold, a massive ship comparable to some Spanish galleons she had read about in her history classes, with blood red sails like she seen as she came to Edo for the first time.

Wow... and to think, if I've heard right, their students built this.

Her eyes and head moved up and down the ship, taking in every detail she could, watching the deck hands as they cleaned and performed maintenance, noticing how clean and sleek it looked despite such a long journey. She was enamored with it's looks.

Viola lived a small distance from the shores where she grew up at home. It only took a few minutes to wander from her house to the beaches that lined the province she lived in. In all her years there, all she seen were small, personal vessels that were used by the rich and those whose lives depended on the ocean. It seemed like an incredible life to live, but a risky one at that.

Just as that thought crossed her mind, she heard a man yell further down the harbor. As she looked toward the noise, she noticed what appeared to be a young man falling from the mast of a smaller ship toward the deck. Without a second thought, she charged toward them, preparing a Force Blast to attempt a mid-air rescue before seeing he had a rope in his hand and was in full control of his descent, but it was too late. The energy had already collected, and she couldn't stop the release.

Crap, crap, crap... CRAP!

With her hands still behind her, facing toward the ground, they released the compacted energy, propelling the now panicked and screaming Viola over the ship. To onlookers, you hear what is the equivalent of a cannon blast, and a teenage girl flying from the source of the noise flailing wildly in the air, with her Bugei uniform on to indicate she was a student at the school. She passed a couple feet above her intended target. With only a few seconds until she passed the ship, she rights herself, her hands now extended behind her to catch anything to slow her down, her stomach and face toward the deck and legs up to prevent them from catching on any objects that would harm or break them.

She manages to catch the far edge of the ship's deck and stops her propulsion successfully, but because of the deceleration, swings down, smacks the side of the ship and slips, falling into the ocean, still conscious, but aching.

Great... What a wonderful way look like a hero. Try to save a life only to realize he's alright and jeopardize myself.

--------------------
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down her life for her friends."
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Aug 3 2018, 01:04 PM

Bugei Adventurer

The moment Jinn reached the ground he saw someone flying through the air although less gracefully then he did. A second later he heard someone hit the side of the ship followed by a splash in the water. Jinn ran towards the side of the ship with a piece of left over rope and removing his shirt from his upper body revealing his athletic upper body he carried.

Jinn flew over the side of the ship. He held the piece of rope on his hand and before he touched the water the rope reached it end. Jinn was holding the rope with one hand while his bare feet where placed against the side of his ship making his body dangling horizontal a few inches above the water. His free hand was stretched out towards the girl so he could help her get closer to him.

If she would take his hand Jinn would pull her up towards the rope so she could climb up although the captain was hanging over the ship where he yelled towards Jinn. "Jinn stop being such a lady man kind of hero." Jinn looked up towards the captain. "Sorry captain, I learned this from you." The captain chuckled. "Well at least you learned something from me."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Aug 6 2018, 09:42 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 172

Viola emerged from the ocean water after her embarrassing accident, her arms sore from catching herself and body hurting from the impact against the hard surface of the boat's side. While she had no sufficient injuries, the impact against the boat had disoriented her for a moment before looking up and seeing the half-dressed young man she had aimed for now reaching down to her to pull her up from the water. She noticed he was quite athletic and limber for his size, reaching toward her as to suggest he was going to pull her up to the deck while he clung to his rope with one hand.

Oh wow, I wonder what his workout routine is to be so fit? Maybe I can get a few pointers from him later... after my shameful rescue.

Viola reached and grabbed the young man's hand, and with a swift pull, she was placed on the side of the deck as she had grabbed earlier, with only little hesitation from the man due to the extra weight the water added to her frame. This time, she was able to hoist herself to the deck, the man pulling himself back up just after her.

Once onboard, she waited for the man to get to his feet, then bowed to him and the captain and began her speech of shame, her face and eyes mirrored that of someone who was about to be scolded for a severe offense.

"I am sincerely sorry you had to do that, I was reckless in assuming you were in danger and could have seriously damaged your ship and injured myself had I hit your mast or grabbed a weaker structure on your ship as I came down." She rose from her bows and finished. "Though I am very thankful for your kindness in pulling me from the water. I think I would have managed, but it made getting out of the water much easier."

She looked toward her rescuer, a more calm expression coming over her as she was addressing him. Viola felt as though she should know who this guy was, so without hesitation, introduced herself.

"May I ask your name? I'd like to offer you something in return for your kind actions, even if you consider it a small hassle." She again bowed to him as she gave her name. "My name is Viola Konishi. I was recently admitted to Edo Bugei as a student, so I'm still adjusting to my powers a bit. Sorry for my explosive entry."

She lifted herself from her bow, her hand reaching toward the back of her head in a symbol of embarrassment. She gave the man a moment to introduce himself as she soon after began wringing her hair to drain the water that had collected in it. Her thoughts drifted, wondering where she was going to go to do the same for her clothes. She did have a shirt under her outfit to deal with her top half, but was unwilling to undress herself with two men within arms distance of her. Her skirt, she figured, could be wrung out easily while she had it on, so there shouldn't be any issues with that.

As her thoughts ran and she dried her hair, she paid attention to him as he replied.

--------------------
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down her life for her friends."
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 10:16 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn vaulted over the edge when she got onboard. She suddenly bowed infront of him and the captain making the captain raise a eyebrow. The captain wasn't used to the bowing anymore since he was traveling a lot to Europe.

After the appoligy and the thank you towards Jinn the captain chuckled a bit and swung a arm around Jinn's neck. "Don't worry about Jinn. This guy is bored if he doesn't do something dangerous. He is pretty crazy." The captain said before giving a punch on Jinn's shoulder. Jinn's eye shifted from the girl towards the captain before he quickly let Jinn's neck go and walked away.

Jinn looked towards the girl and smiled a bit. "Don't worry about it we all make mistakes and it is better to help eachother then go against each other." Jinn said calmly with a simple shrug.

The girl then bowed again and started to introduce herself towards him. Jinn chuckled a bit. When she raised up again. "I am jinn kuki. Second year of bugei. No need to now here though. Everyone is equal in the waters plus looking down can make some seasick." Jinn teased a bit.

Jinn thought for a few seconds. "so you are a Konishi? So big chance your father is a priests and you are raised Cristian am I right?" Jinn asked her. Jinn did his homework on clans although he has been in Bugei for a while now so he had a lot of time to study on clans.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY