Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Walking into a trap? (Junko, Shinsuke)
Suzu
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 09:56 PM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Awards: None

Things had gotten better with the passage of time, all things considered. Edo had gotten rebuilt by the combined efforts of the leading clans and government, the lost had been properly mourned and school was back in session. It would be a lie to have said that things hadn't been rough for Todo Shinsuke in that time. Losing a sister to the earthquake, possibly losing a friend over his decision to admit a crush on the friend's sister and the ongoing demands of classwork hadn't been easy. Probably thanks to his other sister now attending Bugei and some new friends he'd made, Shinsuke was doing all right.

He still hadn't talked to Nobuyori after the blow up between them. Inori had helped him calm down after his soon-to-be-aunt had lectured him. Things were much more in day-to-day mode than panicking over the potential troubles of the future. Still he didn't want to lose what friends he'd made like he might have with Nobuyori. His own thoughts had drifted to his identity again, and there was really only one of those friends he could turn to for that kind of discussion.

So he'd sent a text ahead to Junko, asking to meet up and hang out. Oddly it turned out that Junko's room was in fact in the men's side of the dorm building. Maybe his interpretation of the Matsudaira clan student's identity had been off? Regardless Shinsuke went with a leather school bag over his shoulder and his hair still resembling the feminine style he'd gotten during their last meeting. A bit more grown out and tied back in a loose ponytail, but still present. He wasn't sure how he'd break the full truth about himself, but he thought of anyone he knew that Junko would understand the most. It would be the first time that his friend had seen Shinsuke and not Todo-chan as well.

Once at the door he took a deep breath, then knocked twice, "Jun-kun, I'm here!"

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 10:02 AM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Meet up and hang out, it was exciting. His first friend that he made here at school and they were going to hang out even more. It was super exciting. Getting started at the school had been really hectic but he definitely was willing to make some free time available for a friend. But free time for what, he had to wonder. What was hanging out? With Hachi it would be going out into the woods, setting traps, or even stalking a deer. That probably wasn't what Shin meant. She didn't really seem the type for that, but who knows?

Junko decided to prepare for anything. His bow and arrows were prepped next to his hunting clothes, mostly furs and leathers that he draped over his bed. Next to that were regular street clothes, just the jeans and t-shirt with the Hokkaido kendo team logo on it. Beside that were his nicest clothes. Well that was a lie, his nicest male clothes which, sadly, weren't all that nice. It was difficult building a wardrobe from scratch. These were just slacks and a blue jacket. Then, hanging off to one side, was the school uniform. Easy, simple, and perfect for whatever occasion.

He really should have tried to find out what they were going to do first. He reached for his phone to send a text when the knock came at the door. He'd lost track of time trying to decide on the four different outfits, what a pain. He checked himself over, he was decent, at least, wearing his silken pajamas, so that would have to do. "Come in, come in." He chirped and opened the door to his dorm. "Sorry about the mess, I was unprepared." He said and bowed politely. "Um, I was just going to text you to ask what you wanted to do."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 07:43 AM

Story Teller

The door opened and Shinsuke was immediately uncertain of his newest assumption about Junko. Those silken pajamas were certainly not helping him discern the true nature of his friend. Combined with the decidedly androgynous looks of Junko it made him feel almost as if he were intruding on a lady. Almost. Why would a lady have a room in the men's dorms though? Nope, had to be a guy. That would make what he'd come to say a lot easier to relate to, he hoped.

Once he'd stepped inside Shinsuke looked at the 'mess' of which his friend spoke. Not so much a mess as what looked like an attempt to pinpoint what attire would be best for today. He assumed as much based on the fact that Junko mentioned not being prepared. Once he looked it all over the Todo boy looked back to Junko and smiled. Incredibly polite, this one. With the right training he might almost make a diplomat. As things were he felt lucky to have a friend who would go so far out of his way to prepare multiple outfits just for hanging out. Would they still be friends after this revelation? He hoped so; he really didn't want to lose another friend due to his big mouth. It wasn't a subject he could avoid any longer though.

"Oh, it's fine Jun-kun. Really. If anything you're super prepared," Shinsuke replied, then took a deep breath, "Actually there's something really important I needed to tell you first. I'm not sure if you'll want to hang out after I've said it.. if I upset you I apologize ahead of time."

Then he paused, looked Junko straight in the eyes and announced, "Jun-kun.. I'm.. I'm a boy. I guess Todo-chan isn't a good name for me... then.. but I sometimes enjoy dressing like a girl. And hanging out with friends as one. It's comforting in a way and I don't intend to stop unless someone makes me. I would really like it if you could help me dress up sometime."

With that he rubbed the back of his head nervously, "So what do you think?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 08:08 PM

Elite Member

Junko smiled. "You're too kind, Todo-chan." Todo-chan was so polite. It was nice to have a friend who understood how hard it could be to keep things clean. And he'd gotten a compliment about being well prepared. That was super nice. But none of that excused or side stepped the fact that the room was a mess. Too many outfits and the only way to clear it up and start getting some heavy duty cleaning done would be to get dressed. Of course, he'd need to know what their day was going to be like. Junko was just opening his mouth to ask when Todo-chan started to speak again.

Junko listened intently, this sounded big, like proper serious stuff. Should he hold her hand, what did you do at a time like this? He hadn't had any real experience being deep with people or like super seriously comforting with a friend. He'd have to play it by ear. Of course, there was no preparing for that secret.

"You're what?" His jaw dropped and he stared in wide eyed wonderment at Todo-chan...or kun. At his friend. She was a boy. That was crazy. "That's crazy." he thought out loud. He moved forward suddenly and took her...his hand. "But your hands are so well manicured." He said, and brushed his own well kept hand across Shin's cheek. "And your face is so soft and you smell so nice. There's no way you're a boy." His eyes opened even wider as a new revelation struck him.

"Wait, that's why you were kind of awkward at the salon, since I'm a boy and you're a boy, it'd be totally weird if I had a crush on you since boys can't like boys." He looked off to one side. "Wait, but if you're a boy, why did you let me take you to a salon?"

Junko started mumbling to himself as he tried to work several things out still holding Shin's hand. "Haircuts aren't occasional, you gotta stick with that. But you want to sometimes dress like a girl but why would anyone want to be a girl when they could be a boy?" He brought his hand up to his lips while he thought. He turned his head quite suddenly back to Shin. "Why do you want my help dressing you up? I'm trying to be all not that, you know? Put the girl stuff behind me, start a new life."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 06:23 AM

Story Teller

The admission seemed to be blowing up in Shinsuke's face just like his previous one had. Telling his childhood friend about a crush had lost him that friend. He was damned if he was going to let this admission lose him such a close friend in Junko. Still it was really awkward having the admittedly very feminine boy take his hand.. and run a hand across Shinsuke's cheek. If he didn't know better it would've been just like a girl holding hands with him. As things were he just hoped there was some way that he could salvage the situation.

He wasn't really sure what to make of Junko's remark about it being weird if he had a crush on Shinsuke. Had that just been some sort of verbal miscue? Weirdly Shinsuke's first instinct - the first instinct of a boy who had flirted with a good number of girls - was that boys could totally like boys if they wanted. Which in turn got him wondering where such a strong sentiment had come from, since he'd never given it much thought before.

They both just stood there, holding hands while Junko mumbled and Shinsuke's mind raced for a boatload of answers. There didn't seem to be any direct answers at the moment, though he did know a few things to be true. He wanted to stay friends with Junko, he had no intention of giving up his alter ego at the moment and he didn't want Junko to feel awkward. That was enough to work with for now. Shinsuke looked to Junko and attempted to look as calm as ever despite obvious nervousness in his eyes.

"Well, it's complicated. Um.. sometimes I just feel like I need to be someone else. And dressing up lets me do that. I don't have to be the clan heir, the guy who.. um.. ruined a friendship with callous words.. I can just be Todo-chan. It's kind of nice sometimes," Shinsuke attempted to explain, "And I know that it's probably not right to ask for your help dressing up. You're trying to be the man you always knew you were. I'm not going to force you to do anything you're not comfortable with.. you're just the only person I know who might understand this at all."

He attempted to smile, though he was getting increasingly worried that he was going to screw this up big time. Still he pressed forward, "We don't have to do anything like that today. We can just hang out, whatever you want to do. No matter what else happens, I want to be your friend."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 04:54 PM

Elite Member

Junko exhaled slowly and let go of Shin's hand. This was some heavy stuff, like, super heavy. He wasn't sure what to do with all the new information in his head. So Junko did what he always did when confronted with something beyond his ken. He ignored it. With both hands, he grabbed Todo-chan's hand and pulled him over to the bed and gently pushed him down onto it. Specifically on the hunting furs since that was the softest and most comfortable option. "I gotta admit," he started, "I don't really know what to say. I don't really get it but I do get the whole escaping the path that somebody else set for you." He stepped back and looked at his friend.

"I didn't choose to be a boy and it'd have made my life and my mother's a whole lot easier if I could have been the her daughter." He shrugged. "But you gotta go after what you want, what you feel and know is right." He stepped over toward the head of the bed and knelt down. "Just because I don't exactly get it doesn't mean that I'm not your friend. If you want to be two different people then I'll be friends with both of them." He said partially crawling under the bed. "Can't have enough friends."

He slid a box out against Todo-chan's feet and then three more past that. Every one was fairly nondescript but they all still had their mailing labels on with an address in Hokkaido. Then he wiggled and shimmied himself back out from under the bed. He picked one up and tossed it onto the bed and swept several of his prepared clothes onto the floor. He wasn't sure he was in the right mind set to go out. And Todo-chan...well, Todo-chan had come with a bombshell and who knows whether Todo-chan or kun wanted to hang out with Junko today. That could be decided on the bed. Beds were comfortable and good for talking.

He took the box and lifted it into his lap and looked down at it. "Er...I don't know what to call you, like, You're Todo-chan but what should I call you when you aren't?" He paused for the answer and then continued on. "So, umm, you know that I was a girl, well I've always been a boy but I was a girl beforehand or whatever." He waved his hand as if shooing an insect away. "Whatever, doesn't matter, you know. So I know how hard it can be to build up a wardrobe."

He tore the tape on the box. "You're bigger than me but I was raised all proper and whatever so I have more flowy clothing than anything that hugs and shows off the lack of curves. If you want to borrow any of it, you can. I'm not going to use it and better out in the air than getting all ruined in a box. Especially if my mother shows up unexpectedly." He paused and rethought. "Yeah actually, don't take all of it, I might need some here if she does show up and I need to do a quick change."

He looked at the top layer of the box and already knew most of the contents. Most of them were expensive and very high quality, no expense for the little Hokkaido princess. Yuck. There were many reasons he'd left them at home but mother was so very helpful and had shipped off a small wardrobe for him to supplement the only suitcase he had brought.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 08:08 AM

Story Teller

For a few excruciating moments Shinsuke was absolutely certain that he'd screwed up so badly again that he might lose a friend. This probably wasn't the sort of thing that a boy struggling to affirm his identity as a man wanted to deal with. Yet instead of exploding or even shaking with quiet indignation the boy from Hokkaido guided Shinsuke over to the bed. The diplomat-track student wasn't sure what to make of it, though he could tell that he was sitting in quite the comfortable spot.

Then Junko started to speak. Shinsuke could feel the stress which the Matsudaira boy had dealt with growing up in that household. Even a few words were enough to convey the semblance of an idea about what it was like to have such a mother hovering over one's shoulder. Making important decisions for you and always disapproving of who you really were. Yet Junko had the strength to keep moving forward. Though he didn't claim to understand Shinsuke's situation he was still willing to be friends. With two sides of Shinsuke if necessary. The stressed expression which the Todo heir had worn was gone, replaced by sudden and unexpected relief.

Seeing the box which his friend put into his lap, it dawned on Shinsuke what the boy was offering. That same domineering mother had found a way for the troubled past to follow Junko. Yet Junko had turned it into something that could help Shinsuke instead. He marveled at that adaptability, but also at what appeared to be inside the box. It really did appear to be of the highest quality, the sort that his mom would have purchased for Inori in a vain attempt to get her to be more refined.

"You're really okay if I borrow some of your stuff? I mean, I know you don't want to deal with wearing it unless you have to.. but that's very generous," Shinsuke finally spoke as he reached down for another of the boxes. It felt a little heavy for its size but he figured mama Matsudaira must have packed it full of girlish things. As he tore the tape off, assuming that was fine, he added, "If you're okay with it I think today I kind of need to be Todo-chan. We can go do some manly stuff too if you like.. make up for me dumping all of this on you so suddenly."

Once he had the box open he saw just what was inside.. it was incredibly well made, exquisitely embroidered and soft.. it was a furisode. A full formal kimono, with what appeared to be all the trappings along with it. He held it up for a moment before looking over to Junko and gulping.

"Um.. you think it'd be okay if I wore this? I've.. er.. never actually gotten to try one before.."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 08:32 AM

Elite Member

Junko laid down on the bed with his feet hanging off and stared at teh ceiling. "No, I really don't mind. You're my friend, Todo-chan, and I'd be a pretty bad friend if I didn't help you out when I could. Besides, their just crappy old clothes." Which was entirely untrue except in his own mind. For Junko, who had grown up with all this stuff, it was normal and just what he had been led to believe was what normal people wear. He'd not been allowed to do his own real clothes shopping, the places he had been allowed to give his own opinions on were filled with clothes like these, and these were still on the budget side in comparison. But what he didn't know or realize or care to find out, was that the middle of the road in a specialty boutique was still quite high end.

He looked at Todo-chan as she pulled out the furisode. "Ugh." Junko made a face. Of course mother had sent that thing. "Go ahead and try it out, though maybe it should stay here with me." As much as he'd hate seeing it, an outing with mother would probably involve a formal tea ceremony or some other nonsense and he probably would need to have it at hand. "Probably of all the stuff in those boxes, that's the one I'm most likely to need right away."

He pushed himself up onto his elbows. "I bet it would look pretty on you, Todo-chan. Better than it ever looked on me, certainly." Which was mere conjecture, he didn't know how it might look on anyone else and his views of how he looked while wearing it were perhaps a bit biased. "If you want to take any of the boxes with you, that's fine too. It'd be easier than coming to my room every time you wanted to dress properly. Then I won't have to lend you a key." He smiled. They probably weren't allowed to have extra dorm keys made anyway but the thought was a fun one.

"Everything in the boxes, consider yours, if I'm lucky, I'll never need it again." Though luck was never that kind. "Don't worry about making it up to me, getting some of this crap out of my room is kind enough. If you want to spend awhile checking out the outfits, that's great. I don't mind staying here. Or if you want to go out, we can just go do whatever normal things a girl and boy do together."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 07:14 AM

Story Teller

"Well, if you really don't mind.. and if they're just old clothes you don't want," Shinsuke began, the relief settling in a bit more gradually now. From what he could see these weren't just 'old crappy clothes' like Junko had said they were. Pretty high class, as far as he could tell. The sorts of expensive boutique items that his mother had gone out to buy for Yuki and Inori. Not that Inori wore many of them. In fact she'd practically leave them in boxes just like Junko! Though they were smaller than he'd have bought for himself, they were flowy enough that they should work fine.

He almost laughed when Junko made a face at his request to try the furisode. How often had Junko had to wear this sort of fantastically fancy outfit? Enough that he despised the garments enough to make that sort of disgusted face. Not enough to banish it from his existence, since there was the threat of his mother dropping in. Which planted the seeds for an idea that he hoped might help out his friend.

"I see," he nodded at his friend's assessment of the boxed up wardrobe on hand, "Well I'll take good care of it, I promise. I wouldn't want your mother to notice any small or perceived imperfections in it if she does turn up. I don't want to get my friend in trouble. Um.. I hope you don't mind me asking, but.. do you think your mom sent you any hair ornaments to go with this?"

Once he had an answer, he stood up and began to carefully set out the different layers and parts of the furisode. Oddly he did know quite a bit about the process of putting on such an ensemble. Partially because of his sisters and the game they'd play as kids. Also partly because he had to help Inori practice dressing up for formal events when Lady Suzume wasn't around. Soon he had the juban ready and, after he'd stepped around the bed began changing. It took a little while to get it folded properly and secured in place. Then the furisode itself, pulling it up a little, tucking it, securing it in place so he could don the obi. All in all there was a lot of time between his setting out the garment and its donning being finished.

To fill that time he kept speaking, "I really appreciate your offer of the clothes, Jun-kun. I mean it. This is a part of myself that I don't think i can really keep denying exists. I'm not sure how much that makes sense but like you said, you shouldn't feel forced to be one way by anyone. Plus if it helps unclutter your room of unwanted things it's all the better."

After taking a moment to adjust the furisode he went on, "Just let me finish trying this on and then we can head out. If you'd prefer to leave the furisode here I'll grab something else to wear. Also, I had a thought.."

The Todo student smiled as he began tying the obi into a simple bow, "I'm sure I've got some old clothes at home in Agata that my parents are saving for my brother. If I asked one of the servants to send some of them here, I'm sure they'd fit you. You can rest assured that they're all very masculine. Or if you want I'll help you pick out clothes today that are suitable for a promising young man such as yourself."

Once the promise was made he let his longish hair down and turned around, "Well, how do I look Jun-kun? Does it suit me?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 09:23 AM

Elite Member

Junko sat back up and slid himself off the bed. "I don't know, she might have." He dropped down to his knees and then down to under his bed again. "I don't know what all is in these boxes. She didn't label them." He wriggled a bit further under and there was the sound of things sliding around. Another box slid out. "This ones pretty light, could be that." There was more shuffling. Junko could hear the sound of shifting clothes on the outside, was Todo-chan changing in here? With him? Well maybe he'd stay under the bed. Sure they were both boys but it was...different. Self consciousness was instilled into him by his mother, primarily to keep his secret.

Junko pushed out another box. "Don't worry over them too much. A little regular wear and tear from normal wear is going to be fine." He shifted another box out and turned to look back out. He could see Shin's feet which was the most appropriate thing he needed to see, she hadn't dressed yet so he stayed underneath and made a show of moving boxes back and forth. "And like I said, I'm pretty good with a needle and thread. Mother thought it was a proper skill for a young lady to have. I made the clothes you were sitting on on the bed."

It wasn't like mother would buy him hunting clothes and he'd quickly grown out of the things Hachi had bought for him. So at least those lessons could be transferred over to his manly new life without too much trouble. Junko wiggled his way out from under the bed with another box. Looked like Todo-chan was just about done too.

It's not exactly wander around the city clothes but I wouldn't stop you if that's what you want to wear." He smiled at his friend. "I appreciate the offer, but I need to build up my wardrobe permanently." Admittedly, he didn't really have much money for for new clothes. They could get pretty expensive after all. He thought about it for a few seconds. "I mean, if you got a few things, maybe then I could try out a lot of stuff and figure out what styles look good on me."

Junko looked over Todo-chan and smiled. "Hmm." He raised his hand and moved his finger in circles. "Give me a bit of a twirl." He stepped in close and made some mild adjustments to how the fabric hung. "You look beautiful. Like a proper society girl." He twisted the Obi a bit more and then pursed his lips. Yeah, the hair needed something done with it. "I'm thinking we need to find some hair decoration, something simple. Don't want to distract from your face."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 06:48 AM

Story Teller

"I wouldn't want you to have to make adjustments to something this fancy, though. If anything I'd expect that someone like your mother would be able to tell that it's been altered even a little bit. No matter how big it is before you put it on and get it all secured," Shin posited as he continued working on the finer aspects of the furisode. He was sure that he was probably going to need some help ensuring that it was put on properly. As he kept at it he looked back to the furs on the bed, "Those are probably very comfortable for venturing into the forest, aren't they?"

Once he'd said that his friend remarked about wanting to build up his masculine wardrobe more permanently. That did pose a problem in that it could be pretty spendy to do so. At least if the boy were expecting to do so at the same level of elegance and cost as his girls' clothing. After considering what he knew about Junko he wondered if the cost would be that big of a deal. It might well be a case of comfort and looking manly over appropriate cost. In which case Shinsuke knew someone who was pretty well versed in inexpensive places to shop for things.

"Okay, I'll ask them to send a few things," he said with his own smile, "And don't worry about the cost of clothes. As long as you don't mind getting them second-hand, I know an expert at getting deals. At least they claim to be one.. don't worry, I'll keep any requests for advice anonymous if you'd prefer. Just in case somehow your mom hears about you looking for boys' clothing."

Sure enough, Junko ended up fussing over the furisode after all. Despite his disgust over the garment he seemed to know the intricacies of getting it to hang just right. Once the expert attention had been satisfied Shin nodded in agreement about the hair decoration. Something this fancy you couldn't just wear without a bit of accessorizing. He held his arms out so that the long sleeves hung at their full length, showcasing the full femininity of the special garments. On the one hand they were going to go out on the town and this wasn't the sort of thing that would be typically worn. Yet on the other it'd taken a while to get on right. It'd be a shame not to take it for a spin.

"Yeah, definitely need a hair decoration for this ensemble," he remarked, then added, "I think we've at least got the same shoe size though. If you can help me slide into the geta for this, I'll be happy to go out like this. Or something a little lower key if you'd prefer not to attract too much attention."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 03:36 PM

Elite Member

"It's going to be altered either way, Todo-chan. I'm planning to grow at least a foot this year." He said with great certainty. Probably now that he was being manly, he'd get the wide shoulders and all that rugged stuff that he'd seen on the soldiers in Hachi's old photographs, or like his father. "And even if I don't, I'll probably grow at least some. That furisode was meant to last until marr-" he choked that word off. That word was not applying to him. How could it apply to him? "They're supposed to last until marriage anyway." He forced himself away from that. "Probably why they've got so much extra fabric. Cheaper to buy one that lasts than get a new one every year."

"They're pretty comfortable wherever you are. Nothing like soft fur for that, it's why animals grow it but sometimes it can be really rough and coarse. That's better for the outside of the clothes. Of course, you still ought to wear a fair amount of markers or you might get mistaken for prey." That wasn't a joke, hunting accidents were serious business. "But if you need to blend in, they work like a treat."

Junko smiled at a job well done when Todo-chan showed off the outfit. It was very pretty on her. She'd definitely turn some heads going out in that, and not just because it was an unusual choice for a night out on the town. "I doubt I'll attract any attention next to you. Anyway, it's fun. As long as we both have fun, who cares." He turned to look at the rumpled clothes he'd shoved onto the floor. None of them were really a good match for the furisode. "Guess I'm going fancy as I can."

He knelt down and picked up the slacks and the blue jacket. "Maybe we could go out for tea or something, it would feel appropriate, right?" He paused and looked back at Todo-chan and bit his lip. "So umm, I know it's not supposed to be weird because we're both guys but...umm...because of you know." This was super awkward. "If you could turn around so I could get dressed?" He waited until she did and then rushed to get himself dressed and decent. "Sorry, it's hard to get past a hang up drilled into your head for a lifetime."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 05:53 AM

Story Teller

"You're right about that, they're really not cheap. I know my mother bought one for my sister a couple years before she'd need it on a regular basis. Actually she hasn't grown all that much since then, so I'm not sure she'll ever grow into it," Shin thought aloud, then realized what he said might be discouraging for his friend. With a reassuring smile he added, "But girls stop growing sooner than boys anyway. I'm sure that in a year you're going to be just the man you want to be."

He couldn't speak too much to hunting, but he supposed that Junko was probably quite an expert. Shinsuke was such a city guy that he didn't really know what markers were or why they were so important. Something to do with smell maybe? It was hard to infer meaning with something you weren't familiar with. Maybe getting Junko to explain some things about it would help his friend feel more confident and manly? It was a possibility. And what his friend said about having fun brought a bigger smile to the returned Todo-chan's face.

"You've got a good point there, Jun-kun. As long as we're both having fun it doesn't matter what others think," Shinsuke nodded sagely, then added, "Tea would be very nice, and I'm sure we can fit it in with our other plans. You've solved my problem of lacking in a girlish wardrobe.. maybe I can still look around a bit.. but we can find you some good boys' clothing and then have tea to celebrate our success."

At the request to turn around, he blushed a little before nodding, "Sure, no problem. Let me know when you're done.." At that he turned around, wondering at the oddness of the scene playing out in the room. Any outside viewer might think it was some really well dressed young lady in the same room as a boy changing clothes to go out with her. Well, go somewhere together. Not 'go out' in any sense other than as friends.

After waiting a couple of beats (and without turning around) he asked, "Do you mind if I text that contact of mine about good places to shop for affordable clothes? She'll respond pretty quick I'm sure."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 05:01 PM

Elite Member

Todo-chan was certainly right. He was young still and had a whole lot of growing to do. No need to fret over something that was beyond his control, he just had to be patient, like with hunting, if you went chasing your prey all the time, you'd never get there and would waste you energy. If you sat, and waited, and were just a bit lucky, what you desired would come to you in time.

"I don't know." Junko replied as he adjusted the jacket over his shirt and decided that buttoning it up was slightly fancier than leaving it hanging open. It wasn't like a suit but maybe if he only did the buttons up three quarters of the way then it would be an attempt to look a bit more stylish. "I guess it depends how much it all costs. Technically it's all allowance from my mom anyway. Can we even have part time jobs here?"

A part time job would be a good way to get some extra spending money and there was no way for his mother to find out about it. No monitoring spending habits, or faking being on the art track to keep getting the funds, he could be his own man. But hunting wasn't going to make enough though it was an option if he wasn't allowed to have a job as a student.

"Sure, give her a text, I'm all dressed up now so let's see if we can find any hair clips for you." He sat down on the bed and pulled a box up into his lap. The tape wouldn't peel on this one so he pulled an arrow from the quiver by the furs and sliced the box open. Tightly packed blouses and smocks filled it to the brim. He rolled his eyes and dug his hand around. Maybe the more delicate things had been wrapped in other clothes but, if they had, it wasn't in this box.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: May 1 2017, 03:44 AM

Story Teller

Shinsuke really wanted his friend to feel just as manly as he desired to be, but it could be a little hard to see it. When that friend was small in stature and bore Junko's looks it could be difficult to see the inherent manliness. As his friend buttoned up the jacket, that perception changed a little. Despite himself the Todo clan heir couldn't help but admit that the boy looked stylish. Certainly stylish enough to cast any doubts about his gender aside. It also brought up some ideas for what sorts of clothes he should take Junko shopping for today.

"Don't worry about the cost so much, Jun-kun. If it makes you feel safer, I'll be happy to help pay for some manly clothes for you. Then you can pay me back later so that your mom can't trace the purchase," he promised before adding, "And yes we can have part time jobs, actually. My sister worked one with me for a little while, though it was for charity."

With the go-ahead given he pulled his phone out and began rapidly typing up a Line message to his sister. She tended to like more boyish clothes herself and was decent at finding bargains. He still wasn't sure to this day whether that was to allow her to save money for keychains or not. Regardless she'd probably know some good places to hit up. Within moments his phone alerted him to a series of messages which detailed what Inori thought the best bets were. She seemed rather excited that Shinsuke was hanging out with Junko in fact. Apparently they'd met or something? Whatever. He had the information he needed.

"Hey! Good news, I've got three shops that are really reasonably priced that have mens' clothes. She says they have 'super manly clothes fit for a true manly man'.. anyway, I'll navigate for us since she sent me the addresses," Shinsuke offered, hoping to make this a fun day for his friend.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp