Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Moving Forward (Kai x Yumiko)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 07:25 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

In the middle of the club room used by the culture club stood a small girl. She had snow white skin and short black hair. Her normally large, beautiful eyes current sat closed. In the room soft biwa music played. The girl's outfit was a beautiful black kimono with a large gull and three flowers in white, pink, and green on it. In the girl's hand was a beautiful blue fan with a series of white flowers and reeds upon it. In unison with the slightly rising pitch of the music Tagami Yumiko slowly raised her arm the fan rested in. When the melody stopped for a moment she slowly raised her other hand and unfolded the fan.

As the music began to play again she slowly lowered the fan and took three steps forward, stopping when the sudden beat of a drum came from the c.d. player she had brought. Slowly she turned in place, her eyes opening as she lifted the fan up and took one small step forward.

She had been here the past hour as the sun had already set outside. As the lights in the room stayed on she kept practicing. While practicing she reflected on the past year. So many things had happened. She had lost Masumi, then lost herself. She then found herself, went to Kyoto to help protect from the Ikko, and even watched as Edo Castle burst into lights and then fire above her while she guarded the Princess. She was upset with herself that she couldn't do more. However she was no scion. She did the best she could, but as she slowly breathed in, then breathed out, she knew she could have done better.

KaiIzuki

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 07:02 PM

Story Teller

Member No.: 2

Kai walked throught the parking lot of Edo Bugei academy. He passed by construction workers toiling away at the building as they repaired the last of the damage done by the Ikko uprising. Kai stared at the works in slight amazement. A war had just ended and already the signs that it had happened at all were disappearing. It puzzled him to think that an event that had broken him as well remake him disappear and fade into the page of history. In that moment Kai felt old... it wasn't a overly bad feeling either. He'd moved on in his life, he had friends, allies, and the memory of Masumi to honor. Speaking of his deceased friend he had a something important he needed to do.

Kai put a suitcase into a black luxury car. While it was a nice car it wasn't anything that would draw attention. Which was what Kai had in mind. After all Kai would be going away for a while, he wasn't sure how long but he knew it would be a few months at least before he could see Yumiko again. Masumi had always been close to her and since his passing Kai had taken his place as he protector and friend. He locked his car and made his way back inside the building heading towards club rooms. He knew her schedule.

He moved to the club room he could hear music coming from and silent slide the door open entering while Yumiko was dancing. She looked beautiful. Kai wished Masumi was around to see her like this. She used to be so shy and timid, but now she had grown into her own adult. She carried her self with grace and purpose. However, he could tell something was also eating away at her. And that is one of the things Kai came to check on her about.

As she finished Kai smiled and clapped for her announcing his arrival with the praise. "Well done Yumiko, very well done." He smiled at her his red eye soft and warm instead of glowing Red as it normally did. "I see you haven't been skipping out on practice." He moves to sit on a table folding his arms. "I..came to check on you before having to leave...again.." He said again with a bitter tone as he moved to look out the window towards Edo castle a small flare of anger in his eyes.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
Kai Izuki: Head of the Elite Years, Bugei Staff ------- Kenji Tokugawa: Heir to the Shogunate 3rd Year
William Midoriya - Detective in Training
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 09:30 AM

Administrator

As she finished Kai smiled and clapped for her announcing his arrival with the praise. "Well done Yumiko, very well done." He smiled at her his red eye soft and warm instead of glowing Red as it normally did. "I see you haven't been skipping out on practice." He moves to sit on a table folding his arms. "I..came to check on you before having to leave...again.." He said again with a bitter tone as he moved to look out the window towards Edo castle a small flare of anger in his eyes.

At the words Yumiko paused and blinked a bit, her face slightly red with embarrassment. She had assumed she would be alone to practice, and while the thought of a random first year, half lost, walking in had crossed her mind she wasn't expecting Kai's appearance. Giving a polite bow to him she folded up her fan and gracefully walked over to turn off her performance music. The way she moved was graceful. Even though most people knew her as a poet the family Yumiko came from was a family of upscale performers. Thus she knew well how to handle herself while in ceremonial dress compared to her usual, casual pajamas or school uniform.

With the music turned off and her folding fan placed next to the radio she turned and bowed again at Kai.
"I'm happy to see you, Izuki-senpai." she said. She hadn't talked in poetry much recently. Lately she had become a bit better at expressing herself directly after Masumi's passing and Suishoku's help. She figured he probably wouldn't be allowed to talk about what his new assignment was, and doubted even more he would actually want to. Whatever it was it clearly stung him to have to attend to it. As she looked over at her Senpai it was clear he was troubled by a lot of things, thus she sought to ease his mind as best she could.

"I'm doing well. It is strange without Masumi, still. Though Azai-senpai, and Yuubae-senpai have helped a lot" her face didn't look hurt when she said his name. At least not nearly as much as it use to. However, it was clear that in a room with both Kai and Yumiko, the situation was clearly missing a third person. It had been one year since Masumi passed, but to Yumiko it felt like only a few weeks.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 02:24 AM

Story Teller

He nodded at her responses his eyes when he looked at her were delicate and soft. The anger towards the Shogunate had vanished as his focused was then fully directed at her. She talked about how she had been able to cope with the loss of Masumi due to the help of others. He smiled approvingly at this news. It was good to hear she was making new friends especially with the news of Suishoku being one of them. Suishoku was one of his elites and thus she was someone he trusted.

"Ah Yuubae?" He asked as he leaned back a little getting comfortable. "She's a very kind and down to earth girl. I'm glad to know she's helping you." He motioned to his red eye. "In fact she even treated my injuries." His red eye glowed warmly. It was like a window into the mind of the hitokiri. Kai was usually a hard person to read, however around those he trust like Yumiko the barriers and personal defenses dissipated. He could truly be himself with no worries or fear.

"I'm going to ask my handler if I can write to you. I'll send you messages are often as I can... I don't want you to feel alone." He said quietly. "You are important to me. Like you were to him." He smiled at her and he felt a slight pain in his chest. He actually had to catch his breath. He hadn't really thought about Masumi being gone for a while.. well not in the mourning sense. He'd been fueled by the rage of his death and the need to avenge his most beloved friend that he hadn't taken the time Yumiko had to actually cope with him being gone. He caught himself and adjusted slightly hoping she hadn't noticed.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Kai Izuki: Head of the Elite Years, Bugei Staff ------- Kenji Tokugawa: Heir to the Shogunate 3rd Year
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 11:04 PM

Administrator

"You are important to me. Like you were to him." the words hurt more than she would ever let Kai know. The fact Masumi was being referred to as just "him" stung. As though saying his name would hurt either of them too much. Yet that was the truth of the matter wasn't it? If either of them had actually fully said his name it would have made both of their hearts break more in that instance. She had said his name once, and that was enough for them both. At least that is what Yumiko's heart had told her.

"I hope you stay safe, and can write." she said with a genuine, warm smile. Kai was one of the few people at the academy who really knew Masumi the same way she had known him. He had even known Masumi before he had become sick, which Yumiko would be forever jealous of. Yet Masumi had been laid to rest, and his body returned to Kyushu for his family. If their was one thing everyone could be sure of, it is that Kajiwara Masumi was at peace now. Since he had died directly protecting the Shogun his funeral had been small, but very well attended. His family had also received a fairly sizeable letter of praise from the Shogun himself, and pay. They even had onmyouji come to help divinate a peaceful route for his spirit through the afterlife. Provided such things actually existed.

"I am thinking, of going into the medical track soon. I have given it a lot of thought. I want to help people, and make medicine. I can still dance and write poetry, even as a medic. I want to do it for people like him." she said with a warm smile, looking down at her own soft, white, warm hands. The hands that would hopefully, someday, craft all kinds of medicines to help the people of Japan. She then looked at him and nodded, as though showing just how strong her resolve was towards her new decision.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 12:58 AM

Story Teller

Kai noticed the hint of pain in the young girls eyes and bit his lip a little aware he may have done something wrong even if it was very much unintentional. Kai had spent a lot of time worrying about this interaction with Yumiko. Part of him wondered why the sweet girl hadn't berated him for going overboard at Edo castle. However, honestly he was glad she didn't. The Hitokiri hoped both of them could put the war behind them forever and leave the pain behind eyes focused onward to the future. He smiled at her warmly.

She asked if Kai would able able to write to her. He shook his head sadly. "I'm not entirely sure I can, nor would it be safe for me to try. I can't go into it any further, all I can say is this is most likely the most important task I've ever been assigned." He said with a hint of sadness. He didn't want to disappoint Yumiko. "However, I don't think this task will take long, maybe a month or two. Then when I return we'll get together as often as we can." He said smiling again at her.

His eyes lit up at the mention of the medical track and he nodded approvingly. "If that is what you truly want then I'm sure you will make a fine medic. You're already so gently and kind so it would suit you. Perhaps Suishoku Yuubae will assist in your training? She's quiet capable with her healing even without her relic." He looked at her with a sense of pride, she'd changed so much over this year. No longer the small shy poet girl, now a woman trying to make her own path.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 10:22 AM

Administrator

"If that is what you truly want then I'm sure you will make a fine medic. You're already so gently and kind so it would suit you. Perhaps Suishoku Yuubae will assist in your training? She's quiet capable with her healing even without her relic." Kai offered. Yumiko stood for a moment, looking off into the distance as though considering her options before her eyes returned to looking at Kai.

"I agree. She is very kind." Yumiko had talked to her often, and she had never treated the girl poorly. In fact Suishoku was one of the few people that Yumiko could confidently say she considered a friend. Though even th Suishoku around, one of Yumiko's friends, and the other person who knew Masumi well, Kai, was still leaving. Walking over to her stuff Yumiko pulled out a thin notebook. It looked as though it only had about four pages left in it and the rest had been torn out. With a slightly gloomy look she handed it to Kai.

"Please take this. It is the last set of poems Masumi and I wrote together. I've been holding on to it, but I already copied it to another book. Masumi hand wrote all five pages." she had a sad look in her eyes but a warm smile on her face.
"This way you can have part of Masumi-senpai with you." it was the best gift she could think of. Something that she wouldn't miss, and something that may have meant a lot to Kai, even if he would be alone for a while.
"Please stay safe senpai. I don't want to lose any more people." she knew Kai would understand the words better than anyone else. After all, her and Kai had been losing people left and right. It was also why she didn't scold him for the castle. Kai and the others did what they had to in order to save Edo. Something that was more than she was capable of.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY