Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Way to fall (open)
Gawf
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 03:46 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Awards: None

The night was alive this sunday in the toshima ward. Everyone was up to somthing tonight, it was oddly warm drawing everyone and their mother out. Groups of students going out together to cafes or other locations. Tucked away in a back alley was one such student of the edo bugei, sitting alone in a side street cafe, Eiji came to this place often. The old man behind the bar didnt card him and gave him booze so long as he could pay, being a kid of a clan head was starting to show a good side. Eiji was sitting at the bar nursing a bottle of whisky while the old guy was in the back washing dishes. God how he reeked of booze,
He made a note to sleep at a hotel tonight. He sure as hell couldnt come back to the doorm smelling as he did. Alone again tonight he put his head on the bar. He dug his phone out of his red jacket and gave it a gander, he had sent his parents a text yesterday and still no reply. Why did he even carry this thing? The only messages he ever got was the phone company telling him he got billed for another month or mandatory school texts. Eiji took a swig from his bottle, this thorat burned as he downed it. Just another average sunday for this lord to be.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 05:55 AM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Suishoku yawned and leaned on her desk with the fan running and the window open to cool a room in the teacher's floor of the school. Her eyes looked to her two empty can of coffee milk on one end of her desk then rolled over to see the results of the day's work load. Izuki-senpai has been placed on a mission notice for some time now and the papers were piling ever since. She experienced this before as a detention service but to take on his share out of being an acquaintance to this task eventually became another part of her work day. Clubs were still a viable option for her but, now removed from the standard classroom as a teacher's aid, here was where her class time ended up being. Searching through files of students and grading papers for adult homework then intern a bit with Nurse Aki for a smaller portion of the day. Kurome and Eriko were all absent in their own tasks as the three were long since split up since their camping trip in the infamous murder forest.

"It's all done," she heaved in looking forward to a long bath and shove the files away to hand off later in the coming morning. She leaned back and stretched her arms above her head in victory of another all nighter success after wasting her saturday playing games at the dorm. The student got up and happily took her two cans to a recycle bin and started removing the files from her desk to a side table for pick up of the few other home room teachers that were assigned to her the previous week. As Suishoku sorted out the folders, one of the lighter ones feel out from the bottom with a light plop than a more audible flop. Hurriedly she picked up the light vanilla Sakuma folder and set it on top in small wonder of how light it felt and headed out for the dorm bath house.

Elsewhere, Honda Mikazuki looked all the pleasures of a disgruntled cat as she walked down the alleyways in a short styled mint green short informal kimono with lavender accents for the butterfly belt obi and trimming. Once more she attempted an outing and yet again did she find her proof that these people were not to her tolerance. It all started innocently enough on an invitation to a textiles and fashion comparisons, things the girl wouldn't easily say no to, when the topic shifted to participating in the local night clubs. Having seen a bad ending of that and the signs of this happening again once men not of the Bugei school appeared did Mika politely declined with a glass face and left. The alleyways were detours she half a mind remembered when searching for a lost cat in the district to discourage anyone following her despite the rather bright and airy attire.

Once when even Mika felt herself to be lost was the blonde certain that anyone following her had since given up. Then came the problem of where exactly was she. Her ankle high laced boots pointed toward the way she came from and to another road where she thought to have passed by before. The flaw of getting lost had come full circle. Taking a breath of a warm evening air, Mika straightened her clothes and fixed her hair a moment before setting off on a lighter choice of pace. Safe in thinking of being lost than in company of traitors, she sought out for whatever establishment looked the cleanest in this side of the city.

Eventually, the light of a side cafe drew her to a door with a decently polished handle. Without looking back for seeing what patrons were already within, Mika entered inside and shut the door behind her promptly. Inside was rather spacious and empty save for a man in a red jacket looking at his phone. The way he then slugged down his bottle made her hold a corner of her robe over her mouth in mild annoyance of the open servings this man took upon himself. There was even that souring lingering scent of alcohol in the air. Mika felt to make her rest quick and went to the counter some odd chairs away. "Some water if acceptable," her withdrawn voice spoke clear and decidedly to avoid giving the menu a glance over.

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 01:40 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji's hair stood up as he heard the door open.
He didn't move his head to look but his eyes wandered over to his peripheral. A girl wearing a flashy kimono. He put his phone back in his pocket and proceeded to reach over the bar to grab a tumbler. He turned his eyes forward as he adressed the girl. "The only water he's got back there is city water for washing dishes. You are better off ordering a coffee or some tea." Eiji said as he poured his drink into the tumbler. The older man proceeded to open a freezer and grab a bucket full of ice, which he played next to Eiji. Eiji grabbed some cubes and dropped them into his drink. He took a drink before asking, still staring at the wall infront of him"So what is the princess of the Honda doing in a cafe way out here?"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 02:48 AM

Platinum Poster

"Tea. Jasmine if you have."

Mika corrected her stance as water wasn't an option for her tonight. Her hands shuffled into her robes and settled to standing around the bar area to take in the small cafe. There wasn't anything really too special about it at first glance and the time of day won't grant further learning about it. A few ash trays were set out among the tables and there wasn't much more to it. It was just a cafe to bare bones about it. She closed her eyes a moment to consolidate these thoughts when bringing her attention back to that man in the red jacket.

Mika even raised a brow as she didn't even need say much as the man was the first to say something. "My former company left so I went another direction," she explained lightly of what happened. The details would make her angry so she did her best to keep control of that as Mika now turned to eye the man a few bar stools away. "And what sort of lord hides here to ask?"

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 11:00 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Huh that sucks" having company just up and leave you must suck. "I guess you guys where doing something festive for you to be all dressed up like that" Eiji said as he shook his drink around in his glass. It was a damn fine stroke of luck she didn't know who he was, she looked like the rule abiding sort, Eiji kept his drinking on the down low, and he would like if it stayed that way.
"No lords here, just your everyday joe enjoying his drink, well your average joe who also happens to also attend Edo bugei." He said as he turned to look to her. It would be at this time the man behind the counter would return with her cup of tea before going back to polishing his various glassware. "So if your company ran off without you then why not call one of your body guards to drive you back to Edo bugei?" He asked as he took another drink from his tumbler

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 03:47 PM

Platinum Poster

Mika stared at the red jacket with suspicion as he talked. “Most...unfortunate,” she remarked for her current events and his own from what it appeared for him as well. His posture was horrible too as he kept drinking from something in that glass. From afar, she could gather that it wasn’t sake. She bowed a little to the man and took her seat at the bar to turn her attention to the tea. The dishes looked clean enough with a subtle aroma. Mika sat with her hands in her lap with little movement while waiting for her tea to cool a bit. Unlike his hunchback drunken slouch, hers was a doll on a shelf sort.

“So the school, with its downsizing, still has an average amount of students in the city,” she mused with little idea of how can that be average to properly assess the term given the current situation and event results. His question about guards made her press in palms into her lap in restraint before taking her time drinking the hot tea. “The school can’t afford to house every guardsman, neither would every house suppy any after the initial arrival and departure,” she explained as more of a self reminder why they had sent no guards on her and her brothers behalf. The Honda thought the twins to be capable, that they would endure the school together. Endured they did but together they were not. Maybe the Honda did plan things to be this way but who plans the abandonment of one of their own in that same course?

“Assume it to be their pride they sent and need not of no other.”

Indeed, they sent the pride of their future clan lord and their foolish sibling who wanted to tag along. There was no need of any other when the clan only needs their soon to be lord to return.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 10:49 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Ahh I see." He said as he poured himself some more whiskey. He held it up towards the girl
"Well here is a toast, may you live up to their expectations of you as their pride" He then drank all of the liquid in his tumbler. He looked away for a moment wincing as it burned his throat. He exhaled and refilled his glass once again.
"Just to satisfy my curiosity miss Mika, what is your brother up to nowadays? Had a class with him last year and haven't seen hide nor hair of him."
He had hoped it wouldn't creep her out that she knew her name. People did talk about her often and Eiji was a proffesial practitioner of the art of eavesdropping.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 05:47 PM

Platinum Poster

“Their expectations,” the word made Mika bitter that she waited for the drunken red to finish his drink of a lonely toast. Mika felt there were nj expectations on her own behalf. Study, marry or whichever. Becoming an advisor to her brother was certainly out the window once becoming unwanted. The clan name feels to be all that’s left and their blood to be connections to them. After his lonely drink was finished, she resumed taking her time with the tea. As of right now, neither of them should be holding up names.

The tea was soothing for a moment and in that brief moment did it slip away at the mention of her brother. Apparently this boy also knew of him and wondered whatever became of them. The question irritated Mika so she gave him what was the literal last things she knew of what became of her ‘beloved’ twin.

“Somewhere. Anywhere. He is progressing more swiftly to being the next leader that he has his own appointing guards it seems. He returned briefly from overseas and....that’s that. May be in the same school still or returned home for something father and mother wanted of him.”

The teacup set down on its saucer as Mika took in a breath. This was the longest she has spoken about him in a year now and even while being in the same class, she wasn’t willing to give him a single inch in reconciling their broken bonds. It wasn’t just between him but with family afterall.

“I believe you owe a bit of an explanation.”

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 01:48 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"I owe an explanation?" He repeated to himself. Well with all he information he had just spit out may well have. "Well I don't know what I owe an explanation to, but I'll just tell you what comes to my mind," Eiji took a sip of his drink before continuing. "Well I know your name because we had a class together last semester, don't kick your self if you don't remember me, I blend into walls well and I did not attend that often. I want lying when I said me and your brother also had a class together, but that was last year and I haven't seen him around campus. Also people like to gossip and I like to listen, and no one has been talking about him for a long while. I don't take pleasure in it but some people talk to loud to ignore." Eiji said as he turned his head to her. Noticing her arms where tensed up. She did a good job of concealing her feelings. "Apologies if any thing I have said offended or irritated you, if it'll make you feel better you can whoop on me." He said with a smile
"If you have any questions for me feel free to ask" he said as he leaned over the bar to grab more ice for his drink

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 05:56 AM

Platinum Poster

Having nearing her limit with this boy, Mika tried to enjoy what little of her tea remained. A single class didn’t help much and the events inbetween made it harder to draw up a name. Another aspect to all this that while he had an ear to the ground of what was going on, he failed a basic principal. Something so basic that it was like being violated.

“As you wish,” she spoke gently and sipped her tea. The invitation was open and there was a free shot and a question. Well, she didn’t understand the lingo of a whoop but it sounded like a free shot to her ears and this spurred her violent tendency to vent a little.

Mika slid down from her perch in the chair and walked over as she reached for her kimono for a paint brush. Approaching behind him, she held the brush aloft and painted on that gaudy bright red jacket of it and drew a circle with a >:( face on it. It honestly would accent this brute nicely before walking away to leave him alone with his temporarily ruined clothes.

“If you can share your name, it would be a start toward redemption of your conduct and foul indulgence.” Mika resoned, leaving him to aweful drink as the drawing on his back gradually swelled to a balloon bearing the same angry looking face at him. It won’t take much to pop it really, not that it is advisable to.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 01:24 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"Huh" he said to himself as the drawing on his back started to grow. A lot of the time he offered people to hit him they usually did, this was a welcome change of pace. He really didn't care about getting his clothes dirty, he did care about getting the cafe messy though the old man who owned it was nice enough to let him drink there so he really didn't want to make him clean up ink. He also thought he had been wonderfully nice to this girl but she had claimed otherwise. "Names Eiji. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I would shake your hand but I spilled whiskey all over mine earlier and something is telling me you don't much care for the smell." He said as he finished off his drink. Though this time he did not refill it. He screwed the cap back on the bottle and turned toward mika. "Any other questions?"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 10:44 PM

Platinum Poster

By now an odd balloon hung over him. Mika paid little mind to it as she finished her tea and pushed the saucer before her. So they were Eiji..something. This didn’t help much at all as she didn’t look impressed by what she was seeing. This boy was an utter problen but the main address was that bottle in his hands.

“Typically drinking is reserved for ceremony. Must be in a constant state of celebrity,” she commented abd maintined her distance. “But for my question. Is there something you want? I do not approve of this knowledge as well as to offer an apology. There is nothing of the clan obtainable through myself.”

She brushed her kimono to smooth it out abd ordered another tea for the evening. He seemed like someone to keep an eye on for now.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 01:48 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji couldn't believe what he was hearing. All he had done was make small talk, well he couldn't blame her. Not every one you meet in a random cafe would know intimate details of your life. "Constant state of celebrity?" Eiji shrugged as he looked at the bottle. "I just drink after a stressful day. Some people go to after school clubs, some hang out with their friends, I drink. Different strokes for different folks." He took a look at the balloon hanging above him. "And I'm not blackmailing you if that's what you are asking. I asked about your brother because people have a tendency to just drop dead around edo and I had hoped he didn't, he seemed like a nice guy." Eiji turned back as the old man brought mika her second tea, simply shaking his head as he saw the balloon. Eiji continued with his statement. " I'm ssy sorry if I came off as creepy or something. Just thought I'd chat you up while I had the opportunity"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 06:34 AM

Platinum Poster

“How unfortunate leniency is in your favor,” Mika shot a look at the bar master and took her tea. They were ones responsible for their patrons and this one allowed for a student to partake in drinking. “It must be stressful to skip classes without any issues. How do the mentsuke that watch us leave you alone to your hobbies?” Mika honestly didn’t want to hear how that was possible.

Inside the tea waters, Mika half heard what Eiji ws saying and then taking his words and dropping them to the ground like spoiled fruit. “Of course one would ask. Edo and its high death rates and all, not that brother needed such a handicap to be asked for.” She added to counter the man’s curiosity which didn’t please her to hear. For all his nosing around and keeping up with the rumors of her brother, it is what they were and all she was for. An easy outlet of what is happening to the Honda’s heir and main clan. Her shoulders sulked a bit before drinking heavily in contemplation of leaving after this cup. Not even a throw away corner store would want much of her.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 07:29 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji started to frown as he heard her sarcasm.
After her last statement he watched her form lower,people always talked about her brother and not her and if they did it was rarely positive.
Eiji knew how she felt, after all his brother was the star diplomat and people pleaser. He took a deep breath and took a chance on her. "Sakuma" Eiji said. "My surname is sakuma, so I know how it can be, everyone looking up to your sibling and not you, my asshole of a brother Shuu is my parents golden boy, always will be. And it's always okay when you get thrown on the back burner, 'Its for the clan' 'you will understand when you are older' is what my folks told me, well I still don't understand." Eiji said as he turned his body toward her. " "I know how you are feeling because I feel like it every day." He said as he looked at her. He knew just how hard it es when every one compared you to your sibling, everyone comparing your faults and shortcomings. He however just gave his brother and father the finger,he didn't think she had the luxury of doing so. The silence was starting to get awkward so eiji spoke up. "Well I've been talking your head off about myself and your everything else, I forgot to ask about you, how are you doing today? How are you holding up?"

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY