Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Rank 3 Mission: Nobunaga's Fan
Aideen
 Posted: Nov 15 2017, 07:49 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Junko nodded. "You have to be respectful of your elders, be polite and accept their choices, even when you don't agree." He was reciting now. "Keep your thoughts to yourself and your feelings locked up, it's dishonorable to show such weakness in public. But I'm not in public, not with you. We're about as private as we can get without locking ourselves alone in a room together." He said as he followed her into the cave. "It's hardly strength, it's about doing what's right."

Junko thought for a moment. "Well, most animals are wary of fire, but most animals are going to avoid you anyway. They are more afraid of you than you are of them. Mostly." He reconsidered, after all, she might not like animals. "But any animals that would just attack you are probably starving and desperate, so fire is probably not going to be much of a deterrent. He stopped and wrinkled his nose in disgust. Well, that was a sign of humans around, a nasty sign. It was better when tracking animal scat, human poop was nasty. "Gross." It wasn't much of a sign but it would have to do.

"We may have to split up here, we can't have him escaping us if he is here. You have the weapon but he can't sneak up on me." Junko walked to the cave path on the left. "But not yet, let me see if I can find any sign of recent travel." H checked the dirt, checked for foot prints, shining his light low and high. He checked the walls for stray fibers. Then he went to the other path and did the same. Maybe it was a human, but humans were just bigger, clumsier animals who didn't know how to travel in the wild.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 08:46 PM

Member No.: 143

Oh no, oh no, no, no, n o. Hell no. Hana didn't squirm, didn't cry- she really, really wanted to. She truly thought she was going to be sick, maybe throw up, but she wasn't that weak in the stomach, if at all. She simply hissed- sort of like a cat? A fox perhaps. She didn't even bother to check her shoe, not when she could take a step back and get it off by rubbing between the leafy floor of the cave and the walls.

Huffing she looked to Junko, her brows framing an angry face.

"Junko, which path are you thinking of taking?"

Logically, the latter choice would be best, seeing as that was the only path that would allow her to have her Yari at hand in case of any attacks. However, it was important to view all options with equality, they were trying to catch a desperate, homeless thief after all.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:42 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As Junko looked around he would find that the dirt in the cave had clear shoe prints going all over it, as well as the fact that the leaves going down into each tunnel seem to have been either trampled or completely cleared out of the way. The problem was that it was impossible to tell if someone kept slipping on them and moving them, or kicked them out of the way. However, either way they seemed to have a clear trail and low foot prints going down into the various tunnels.

As the two talked in spite of how much the cave seemed to echo they wouldn't hear any rumblings of any creatures or shuffling of leaves. Fortunately for them, no bear noises either or the sound of any large objects quickly moving towards them.

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 06:33 PM

Story Teller

"Well, there's not much here that is specific to anyone, seems like people have been down both paths." He looked between the two. "Neither of these options is particularly great but I still think splitting up is our best bet." He closed his eyes and took a slow breath in to calm himself. "I think you should take the wider path. You will be able to fight better that way."

He turned his head to look down the narrow path. The leaves were a strange sign. Somebody might have cleared them away if they planned to be living there but maybe not, maybe they didn't go much further into the cave and it was just a minor detail. It was too soon to guess. "So long as the two paths don't diverge too far, I should be able to keep an eye on you and anyone else that ends up with you. If it seems like that's the case, I'll double back quick as a bunny." He nodded to himself.

"Plus, that one looks like the most obvious path and the hardest to really track. If I find an end of the trail down mine, I'm most likely to recognize it and be able to come back to help you. Of course, if you run into a dead end or something, come get me. Let's try for some common sense and hopefully we can go home."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 11:57 PM

“Hmm,” Oh hell no, Hana wasn’t having any of it.

“Junko-what if I told you I could smell your fear right now,”
A kind speculation to say the least, but there was quite a bit of animosity in it. Sure, she didn’t want to be rude to him, but he was sort of making it hard for her to protect him.

“But, it’s okay.” She would’ve liked to stay as close as possible, but she also had to respect that Junko was her partner, not her damsel in distress.

“Stay close to the walls, so I can hear you clearly, okay?”

That was nothing like a request, in fact it was a demand that somehow came from the depths of her heart.

She gripped one of her yari firmly between her hands, she already took on a defensive stance, had already primed herself for anything unexpected and would give Junko a couple once overs to decide on whether he was sure he wanted this or not.

“It’s a deal then,”

She chuckled, but at the same time, she was dead serious. If anyone was down there, they’d most likely heard them conversing already. They were either making an escape or planning a trap.

“Let’s go,”

---

Aideen

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 01:44 PM

Administrator

(OOC: I think it would be good for Junk to have a response to being called out like that before we continue. one more in character round please. Then i'll delete this post and make an NPC response. I can safely say you guys are nearing the end of the thread though.)

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 10:42 PM

Story Teller

"I don't know what I'd say, so it's a good thing you didn't say it." He smiled at her before his face sank into a serious frown. "But I am scared. I've never shot a person before. I don't know if I can kill a human. Even if I tell my heart that it's just like hunting an animal, I don't know if I can do it. I don't really want to find out." He drew an arrow and nocked it in his bow. "So yeah, I'm kind of nervous. But my godfather believed in me. I won't let him down and I won't let you down."

Junko turned to face down his path. Making noise was antithetical to everything he'd been taught while hunting. You had to be so silent to sneak up on prey, or be there so long that the noise you made was just background noise that was forgotten about. "I'll do it for you, Hana." If it made her feel better, he would and knowing that she felt better made him feel better too. "We're partners and we're gonna be amazing together." He set off, keeping close to the wall and occasionally tapping his middle knuckle against the wall, even if her life aura went out of range.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 09:53 PM

Hana hummed, murder was- not something she could sit well with, often she masked it as justice and honor, but she could still feel the blood between her fingers, coagulated on her cheek no matter how much she tried to wipe it away, could still see it reflected in her own brilliant hues, flickering like two violent candles. Hana held her breath as he spoke to her, before letting it go and offering him a smile. It would be alright if he didn’t know for now.

“It’s fine, you don’t need to know that so quickly, now go.”

Smiling, she followed on her path, keeping close to the walls and seeing with her feet and ears rather than her eyes. With that’d she glided down the path with speed that could only be summed up to the power of her relic. Like a humming bird’s wings, she needed to have that grace, that soft silence.

----

Aideen
Nobuyumi

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 06:40 PM

Administrator

As the two entered the paths, the large room wouldn't reveal much. The large cave room didn't contain much, though underfoot would suddenly be a pile of discarded wallets. The wallets would be old, dirty, and completely empty. The large room had a few, what appeared to be, old animal nests and cleared out areas but no signs of human activity far in. Just a series of discarded wallets that seem to have been haphazardly tossed into the large room.

Down the skinnier path would be a cleared out path and in the distance would be a small light with a bedroll next to it. Yet, Kire would still sense no movement around him nor human activity in the immediate area. Upon further investigation it would appear the bed roll was recently used. On the ground around it sat a few tins of empty canned food as well as various pictures of cute girls, families, and idols. The kinds of pictures people usually kept in their wallets.

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 07:41 PM

Story Teller

Junko felt safe in showing his own light around now, he didn't sense anybody here which made him feel a bit more relaxed, if anyone could feel relaxed in the den of a thief who would rob from the dead. This had to be the place, the photographs everywhere were not the family of a single person. Plus there was teh tin food and the unkempt bedroll. This was not the hideout of a seasoned woodsman, this was the hideout of a scumbag.

He closed his eyes and slowly inhaled. The air wasn't stale or used up, as might have been from somebody staying here for a long time. Junko knelt and gave closer examination to the area around the bed, looking for footprints, scuffled, or photos kicked to signal a quick escape. After all, they might have alerted the man. Well, if he had run, Junko would track him down, the young hunter knew all about tracking panicked prey, and those who were intruders to the land left obvious trails. He tightened his grip on the bow and clenched his teeth. He needed to check for another exit in this cave, hopefully Hana wouldn't end up ambushed by the guy without him there to help.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 09:59 PM

She spent most of her time stressing about Junko’s safety, as the thief didn’t seem to be in the vincinty. No doubt their conversations from earlier scared the man off, or worse, he was currently on a little scavenge hunt in that very moment. Just the thought of it, and the grotesque sight of old, musty wallets completely devoid of their contents-all the while crawiling with dying maggots from their rightful owners- made her sick.

Was this how he wanted to live out the rest of his life, surviving on the contents of the dead and running away from the shogunate? Well, either way- he was absolutely fucked whether they found him or not, so it wasn’t an entirely bad idea. Hana hissed, she couldn’t wait to be over and done with this. He was causing as much trouble for them as he was causing for himself. Of course, she was still on high alert, she wasn’t a seasoned hunter like Junko, she hoped to learn from him when this was all over. What she was- for her entire life was a samurai, bred and trained for moments like these.

She kept her relic active, and her body and mind ready for anything. If Junko needed her, he’d come to her. If not, well she’d find him after thoroughly searching the room.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 10:07 PM

Administrator

As Junko examined around the bed roll nothing looked as though the man had made a quick escape. His light also seemed to show no additional exit to the cave. The cave area seemed as though it had been frequently used the past few nights and was set up like a den more than anything else. It was clear that for a least a few days, this had been the thief's hideout. Junko would find one thing he had been looking for, however. Next to the bed roll was a black wooden box with a fan in it.

Meanwhile Hana wouldn't find anything in her part of the cave aside from the discarded wallets. Even as she waited for any emergency, or any signs of life, nothing would happen. If Junko waited he wouldn't sense anyone either. The chances would be good that the pair had arrived while the owner of the bedroll was out likely looking for more wallets and money.

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:11 PM

Story Teller

Well, his ability to kill or fight another person wouldn't be tested just yet. He breathed a slow sigh of relief. Still, the day wasn't over and the man was out there in the wilderness still. His roving eyes caught on to the box lying beside the bedroll. He knelt beside it and opened it to find the fan. Was this it? It certainly looked the part. He unfolded it and gave it a brief wave. But what was he expecting, this wasn't his artifact. It was just a ancient trinket in his hands. Well, that was one victory out of the way.

Junko moved back out of the cave to the fork and stopped. It was time to be very alert. Without thinking, he dropped into what his godfather had amusingly called hunter mode. He crept along, side stepping with his back close to the wall, his eyes were open but he was focused more on the life around him, above ground and in it.

Wait, no, he'd made a promise, hadn't he. Junko whistled down the other corridor where Hana had gone. He hadn't heard shouting or fighting or anything so she probably hadn't found the guy. It was time to discuss what their next step would be. Junko was quite prepared to just wait here but maybe Hana had a better idea.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel