Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Starlight and Magic (Suishoku x Nobu)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 11:30 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

Adachi ward was considered one of the happiest places in all of Edo, or so people said. The majority of Edo's lower and middle class lived in this area and celebrations seemed to be common place. Tonight, as winter was brought in and welcomed fireworks soared over the city. A famous Sumo stable in Edo had won the national tournament and all of Eastern Edo was celebrating. In the cold night air many Bugei students from various backgrounds could be seen. Among them a particular blond noble in black pants, a white shirt, and a long but beautiful blue coat with a golden Azai crest on the back.

Looking at the festival and people celebrating was a stark contrast to the events of earlier in the year. Edo was being rebuilt, something the Bugei students had worked hard on over the summer, and slowly but surely the people of Edo had started remembering what it was like to enjoy life again. Nobuyori sipped a bit of coffee milk and smiled.

He hadn't been back in Edo long. After all the new school year had just begun. However, all summer and even before then he had something on his mind and planned to carry it out this evening. No matter what.

Alida

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 02:29 PM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

A festival! Finally! It felt like years to fully attend a good one! Suishoku grabbed her coin purse, made sure her phone was charged, threw on a coat and scarf and out the dorms she bolted for the train station for Adachi ward the moment the last of her responsibilities were done. Responsibilities as in, thus far, reviewing student progress under Izuki-senpai's instructions. It wasn't a bad or hard task but with the number of students to review and then assist in filing work as the hitokiri tends to fall behind between missions, it was a small thing that was ultimately time consuming.

Once she scanned her pass card and boarded the train, Suishoku stretched and bounced into her seat. It never occurred to her that becoming a Elite made a huge damper in enjoying festivals like she used to. Now and days if anything was hosted by Bugei or the Shogun then it was all guard duty for the majority of it and hardly a moment's time to just walk with the people and play the stall games or sample the difference meals. Those days she missed more than homesickness and hanging out with what friends that managed to survive. A dark thought but a par to the course if she was willing to quietly admit that.

As Adachi ward was announced over the intercom would it be possible for all passengers to see the festive ward all decked out. Banners and colored little flags standing out brightly. Not as gaudy as the southern area but it felt right at home in its aesthetics. She left the station in high hopes to enjoy the celebrations, no matter what.

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 07:38 PM

Administrator

The sounds of insects and children could be heard as festival music resonated through out the streets. Children screamed and grabbed at their parent's clothes, pointing up with awe at the various fireworks going off over head. Seeing the site made Nobuyori smile a bit and remember his own youth as a few years away a man with a goldfish stand yelled out how cheap his prices happened to be that evening.

Taking another sip of his drink it really was beautiful to see the people of Edo in such high spirits. As he started walking around he saw various street merchants that normally resided in Northern Edo selling various goods. Walking over he made sure to pick up a small steamed bun and a pair of chopsticks. Glancing over he noticed a stray cat eyeing his meal and opened his pork bun a bit, throwing some of the contents to the cat before walking off.

"LOOK MOM! A LORD!" one boy shouted and pointed at Nobuyori. His mother quickly giving a bow as Nobuyori smiled and bowed back.
"SHINTA IT ISN'T NICE TO POINT!" the woman scolded the boy but Nobuyori quickly shook his head.
"It is fine mam." the smiled at the boy.
"My name is Azai Nobuyori. Should you ever travel to Omi province, please come visit my home." and with that the boy cheered as his mother turned deeply red with embarrassment over her son and gave a deeper bow. Nobuyori didn't have the heart to correct the boy on his rank as only prince of Omi, but he would get to lord, someday.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 09:11 AM

Platinum Poster

The number of stands had Suishoku feeling nostalgic for her first year in Edo. The real means of getting away and feeling a bit closer to home in a neutral feeling. Who wouldn't love a festival happening? People happy and playing games and being more friendlier than usual were the things that made Edo less stuffy from it's high controlling Shogun and political figures when crossing through districts. That's the sort of thing Edo should have been like! A more welcoming place like Kaga or even the merchant eccentric Osaka! She breathed in the scent of sizzling yakisoba noodles frying near by and the lingering wafts of smoke from the fireworks and small fires in deep vigor before coughing a little when it got too smokey by a flaring griddle.

She held her coin purse tightly as she scanned past the throng of equally colorfully dressed people for her first snack of the evening. The main course of plans for the evening would have been to scout the food vendors, the games area, and then the flee market area for some memorabilia of what the festival stood for before heading back to the dorms to figure out how she was going to mail some back home. For now, Suishoku went to hit up a takoyaki vendor to warm up her hands with a nice small boat of comfort food while keeping her eyes and ears open. The girl had to be blind to not miss the flower banners stands and the many mini sumo decorated uchiha fans, daruma dolls, masks, etc. Nor the sounds of cheering sumo fans themselves, utters of amaze from the firework viewers and a Lord spotted in the crowd?

The voice of a child derailed her a moment as she looked curiously to see what lord was the kid referring to. It can't be the Shogun or else everyone would be giving a wider berth for him so maybe a neighboring one came to visit? That sounded key but as she searched for who it might be would there be a noticeable lack of heads bowing. Instead did she find a single woman bowing deeply toward a certain individual. Gently she weaved through the crowd with care not to shove anyone to greet a face she hasn't seen much of nearly all summer and then some.

"Didn't know you just got announced Lordship, I would have gotten some premium coffee milk and cake to celebrate. If, well, that's acceptable anyway," Suishoku greeted the Azai prince with a casual wave before turning that to a small bow from what the kid said. It was all in good jest since her offer would be considered too small and almost insulting for such a high standing title. Either way, who knows if that was really true. It's been close to two or three months or so since the train ride to Kaga and back. After finishing her small bow did she give him a once over before speaking in a less teasing manner to more warmly welcome her dear friend.

"I'm glad to see you again."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 07:04 PM

Administrator

"Didn't know you just got announced Lordship, I would have gotten some premium coffee milk and cake to celebrate. If, well, that's acceptable anyway," the moment he heard the voice a deep smile crossed Nobuyori's face. He turned to see a familiar face he hadn't seen all summer. The young Azai didn't say a word, he just looked at her with a wide smile.
"I'm glad to see you again." she said. The two hadn't had much time to text, let alone see each other, for months. As a few people took note of Nobuyori and bowed and waved he gave a few quick bows until they had stopped and everyone had returned to their business.

"I'm not quite lord yet. My father is fortunately still in good health." he responded, blushing a bit both at the thought of being lord of Omi and also the fact that his crush was now standing right in front of him after months.
"Someday though." and with that walked over to stand next to her as a series of bright red fireworks lit up the sky.
"You look like you are in good health. How are your parents doing after the attack?" he really didn't enjoy the fact he was starting the conversation on a sour note but it was better than him accidentally bringing up something bad later and ruining the mood. After all the battle in the north was the last major event that both of them did together, as sad as it was to admit.

His own parents, sister, and bodyguards had asked him all summer about Suishoku, and the battle to save her hometown. Unfortunately due to a busy schedule of working on the city of Edo, and trying to keep the people of his own province from being terrified of some unseen Ikko attack, the amount of time Nobuyori had even had to himself was virtually none. Though he had gotten to spend a lot of time with his father for the first time in years. The fact his father was allowed to return to Omi instead of heading the Shogun's naval forces may have been the only true virtue of the entire war.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 03:23 AM

Platinum Poster

"Heh, well, he could retire when the time is right," Suishoku offered with sliding her hands behind her back coy. This meeting was almost unreal for her. Not only was there time to fully participate without acting as an Elite security member but Nobu was here and he rarely came out for a festival. Suishoku could hardly remember the last time they spent an outing like this since Kurome's birthday party. Finding him out here added that extra bit of warmth inside her for this evening.

As for the whole lordship business, nothing said the current clan head has to die. It would just be disheartening to go wishing death upon her friend's head. It's fact that Nobu will become the next head of Omi but in the wake of his father's passing would be too sorrowful than celebratory. She tucked her hands into her jacket pockets to warm them as he came to stand with her after a few other local residents bowed to Nobu. Seeing him get natural recognition than boasting about it was a charming change of pace.

Her eyes lifted away to watch an array of fireworks go off. The brightness of their bursts lighting up the chilled faces in the crowd below. "They're really going all out," she chuckled at the state of the fair before glancing at her left arm briefly. "Heh heh, a few weeks helped to get moving again. I could say the same to you," she commented rather lightly about some muscle therapy since her chat with Roshi. "You were a mess back at the castle meeting. Was surprised you didn't stay a bit longer instead of making the return train."

"But my folks are alright. A bit shaken but ok thanks to the heavy guards on the estate. Minor fire damage to the house and shop too. The ones that managed to reach the city mostly tried for the castle with minor ruckus done here and there. The group I encountered and myself only messed up a few homes." Suishoku admitted with some unease of having to crash a Maeda's guard car along the way. That may be something Nobu doesn't need to know and she didn't want to start lamenting on the loss of her whip. The matter of weapons was her own personal debate on what she should continue onward with from possessing a whip for so long and then shifting for archery the next.

Her head tilted a little toward the side Nobu stood by her as she stared at his body for a moment. Her mind couldn't help but imagine how he looked like during Edo from how he wounds were in a hazy layer of seeing the healthy man beside her to one covered in blood of both his enemies and his own. "What about you? Kaori, Yamazaki, Murata, and the family? I heard from Roshi that you two met up in the same district. You didn't get hurt during that, did you? I couldn't get anything after coming to so I assumed you went back home at some point during the early reconstruction." Mentioning Kaori also brought to light that she did neglect to think about messaging Nobu's sister if she was doing well. Part of it was also how they lost the dorms in the last earthquake and with it were the majority of the items from the Omi trip a few months prior.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 05:49 PM

Administrator

"What about you? Kaori, Yamazaki, Murata, and the family? I heard from Roshi that you two met up in the same district. You didn't get hurt during that, did you? I couldn't get anything after coming to so I assumed you went back home at some point during the early reconstruction." at the words Nobuyori's body visibly tensed a bit and for a few seconds his face looked upset. The fight in Northern Edo wasn't pleasant, not even close. Fighting an illusion master was one thing, but even worse was Nobuyori's view towards the Ikko monks. The Azai heir was a noble. He always looked nice, dressed well, and carried finely crafted weapons on him. During the battle in Edo all of that was thrown out the window. He had on robes borrowed from the Maeda clan, and a wide head glaive that felt less like a naginata and more like an axe with too long of a handle. He saw what the Ikko could do at the shrine, he was reminded in Kanazawa. So by the time they returned to Edo he had stoned his own heart. The moment he saw the Ikko monks he gave them no chance to surrender, and no hope of withdrawal. Instead he slammed the blade of his weapon directly through the necks of every Ikko monk unfortunate enough to cross his path while declaring that the Azai clan had come to save Edo.

Realizing how tense he had made himself he brought out, letting his body relax and looking at Suishoku who must have been concerned.
"Sorry, thinking about Kanazawa, and the battle here in Edo is rough. Roshi-senpai and I both had to kill. Not just one or two monks either. I feel like a horrible person for having to take lives like that, but at the same time, we did it to protect a building full of innocent people. I'm sure they had a lot of psychological problems after the battle, but we saved them. All of them." he said with a depressive smile. It was one of the reasons that ever since he returned to Edo people had recognized him more recently. People in Edo didn't think much of the Azai clan, far away in Omi. However, now people in Edo had become painfully aware that at least one Azai clan member was in the city fighting for them.

"I'm sorry we couldn't talk much during summer. After the battle in Edo the Shogun said that all heirs and clan members could return to their provinces to help rebuild. Dad even got allowed time to return to Omi instead of commanding part of the naval forces. Fortunately, Omi didn't have any Ikko uprisings. The Azai samurai fought no battles. But after hearing about what was happening in the rest of the country the people of Omi got really riled up and scared." again his face looked a bit sad for a minute. Once again, he just took another breath and looked at Suishoku, which he felt gave him strength.
"Its alright though. Dad and I went through Omi on a sort of tour, with Omi samurai following us. Dad made sure to visit the barracks in every town, and the town elders. We even had a small fleet of boats used for training out on Lake Biwa for four days straight to make it clear that Omi was guarded. It was really hard memorizing so many names and meeting so many people, but it helped our people know they are safe, and that we would protect them. So it was worth it." it was the most he had ever said at one time to her when he wasn't talking about Mecha Vice. He hadn't really had anyone to talk to most of the year aside from his dad and Kaori who had been busy doing the same things he was doing, with him no less.

"I'm glad Kanazawa is alright, and your parents, and...you." he said with a smile almost brighter than the gold Azai crest on his back. It would have been obvious to anyone around that seeing Suishoku really did make the boy happy.
"I'm a bit jealous of Roshi-senpai, getting to see you first though." he admitted with a small laugh. It was the pure laugh he had whenever they talked about fun things, and not the hard expression that had stayed on his face from the moment they got to Kanazawa until they returned to Edo.
"Oh, Murata-san and Yamazaki are doing well. I guess Yamazaki's wife got really shaken up by scenes of the Ikko battles on t.v. and was pretty terrified So Murata-san told my father he would be enough, especially since we had so many samurai with us. So while we went on our tour across the province Yamazaki stayed with his family. His wife is doing better now though." and he gave a small nod, as though to say that he was absolute sure she was doing better.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 01:56 AM

Platinum Poster

He started to tense up and immediately she wanted to apologize for bringing it up. There were still feelings from Kanazawa that also made her feel displeased in her effort. "About..Kanazawa," she interjected to look at his tensed face with guilt. "I'm...sorry for how Kanazawa was for you and Mirai. I...took too long with my time at the castle when I should have been supporting you both among the other troops." Suishoku apologized then went quiet for a bit out of fear that whatever more she would say about Kanazawa would be just excuses. Talking to her parents, Lord Maeda, then running into those soldiers in the city. By the time all of that was cleared did she meet up with the tail end of whatever Nobu and the others were fighting beyond the gates. She felt guilty in not being there with them on a lengthy detour that may not have even been needed. Kanazawa was so heavily guarded and protected that it would have been smarter to think her parents and Lord Maeda would have been just fine! Her hand pulled at the fabric of her scarf in this conflicted displeasure.

Meanwhile, people at the festival walked past them without question and some even bowed upon seeing the Azai emblem on his jacket. Neither of those things were important for now nor the small pops of fireworks that sizzled in the sky. This talk was clearly hitting several nerves for them both as she clawed the fabric. She gathered what she could from Roshi on that one late night meeting of theirs but there weren't heavy details in that exchange. If Roshi came out like that then Nobu took a more serious stance. She meekly glanced at her friend to scrape for any clues on what to say.

"You don't have to be sorry...I think," she began but continued to fiddle with her scarf. "There...is what happened at the school as well." News that students from the school turning traitor explained a lot in why not many were assigned to go back to Bugei. The idea of having to fight former classmates as sleeper agents made her frown when recalling the bodies she found in southern Edo. Stabs and cuts in any sort of direction with vacant expressions less so of fear but hurt. The citizens weren't so much scared or angry but in shock that their own neighbor would run them through. Suishoku frowned from trying to play such seriousness off when those were grave events.

Hearing how Nobu and Roshi managed to save many people made her grin in that hopeful thought. Assurance from him helped her in finding her own ability to smile a little for the better parts of their tasks. "Yeah, our group saved a good few too. Whoever we happened to run into at the time," she tried to smile past the fact that that part of her memory was blank but the mission turned out a success for those foreign girls. "It's the most we could do at the time, isn't it?"

Suishoku spoke then stopped fidgeting and took this time to listen how Nobu's life had been. The relief and transition from his stern eyes toward a brighter shine in them made her feel safe that she haven't lost her friend in these current events. "A tour of the peoples," she just about whispered to avoid interrupting him. This was certainly something Nobu would do and even his whole family were in mind to do that. Her own, right now, would be working with the local neighbors in getting everyone's lives back in order but it's different with the local lord walks through the city to provide that moral support to carry on. It was easy to envision Nobu on a strong white steed strolling through the various villages in Omi. Although if the province was more canal like then Nobu would be riding around on his boat.

The idea entertained her enough to chuckle absentmindedly, a prince on a white boat than a horse, till he spoke of how Kanazawa was safe as well as her folks and herself. Suishoku blinked a bit at first since he wasn't a Kaga native before sighing into a smile. He was honestly that concerned about her home. "I'm glad Omi was spared of all this craziness," she responded as he teased about being jealous of Roshi. "Heh heh, aw~ Nothing wrong with being second~" She rubbed her shoulder against his in a playful nudge. The girl remained close to her friend this way as he recounted how Murata and Yamazaki are doing. It just felt comfortable this way listening to Nobu talk more cheerfully and sure. "Really does sound like all is well in Omi. Maybe another a trip that way for some peace and quiet in the future," she suggested but there were already plans to go to day tripping Kaga.

Having expressed what concerns that plagued their minds that faithful day, Suishoku moved away a bit motioned with her head toward the main festival stands of games and snacks. While they were occupied in their grievances of their fighting, time still kept moving around them. "Let's hit up some of the games, Nobu. Wouldn't be much of a festival if we stood around the whole time. Let's wander around a bit and see if there are any neat prizes to win."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 06:22 PM

Administrator

The Azai heir sniffled a bit. Between the cold air, and the horrid smell of gunpowder in the air, his nose couldn't help but feel terrible. Still, his mind would dwell on it for only a moment. He was here, which was far more then others could say. He was here, and alive, on a perfect night, with her. Someone who had been in his thought all summer.
"Let's hit up some of the games, Nobu. Wouldn't be much of a festival if we stood around the whole time. Let's wander around a bit and see if there are any neat prizes to win." Suishoku suggested. With a wide smile Nobuyori responded.
"Yeah, that sounds great. Though I also want to get something." he said as he started taking off. "Oh, and about earlier. Thank you. It was nice to talk about the events of earlier this year to be honest, to get all that off my chest, and really know we are both going to be alright. Even if it takes a bit.""

With that he began walking off with Suishoku towards the food and game stalls. For once he wished he didn't have his Azai clan jacket on so he didn't have to keep stopping and bowing to people. Though, at the same time it was nice. Now people knew him better, and after helping the city rebuild over the summer the people of Edo as a whole seemed to have become kinder towards the students of Edo Bugei. The battle involved the people of Edo, and the students. Regardless of rank everyone had to fight, to survive, and to accept the horrible truth that Edo had been infiltrated with traitors long before anyone could have done anything about it.

As they approached the stalls Nobuyori saw exactly what he had been looking for. He walked past the shooting games and fishing booth, instead walking over to a food vendor for something they didn't often have in Omi.
"I'd like a chocolate covered banana please." and with that pulled out a black and purple coin purse with a gold Azai clan seal on it. Gladly paying for one he lightly tore off a piece from the top and started chewing it as more fireworks went off overhead. It was a sweet treat that he didn't often get.

"You should get one too. I know I don't eat them often but lately I've been find more appreciation for them." he said to Suishoku with a light smile.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 25 2017, 07:37 AM

Platinum Poster

Her shoulder leaned away from his as Nobu took off and she followed after him a pace. It seemed like his eye caught sight of something in the food sections. He thanked her for being here to listen about all the things that happened this year despite how long it took to get around to it. Often times it felt longer than those few months. Hearing that he did liked to talk about these events, unlike her previous considerations of his avoidance of these topics, she gave a somewhat sad smile as she nodded at his back. "Yeah, it helps to let go of some things held to the chest," Suishoku agreed. She had this sort of talk with Roshi and found it comforting to bond with him about these troubled events. In learning that Nobu felt the same way made the girl rather upset with herself for not confining to him specifically when it came to the stress of club rivals, the earthquake, Elite year promotions, and so on that all snowballed together to this Ikko eruption. It was almost as if everything came bundled together to go out wildly at the Ikko that in part of this, she wondered if that was the cause of her being less focused on saving people and more to her mission team.

People's heads turned more often now as Nobu lead the way down the road. Suishoku glanced at the people's faces to find all eyes were on Nobu. It wasn't just that instance with the child but people really were starting to recognize Nobu for what he is. He must be feeling thrilled compared to the school environment. Her mind continued to dwell a little over the wave of sadness that rippled through her till coming to the choco-banana stand. "Ooh, this one," she mused at it. Her first go-to would have been takoyaki or taiyaki but a choco-bana? This item wouldn't be the last on her list but it was something she didn't try very often.

Nobu purchased one for himself and already started eating away at it. Being the second person in line after him, she took ordered one and went to stand with him as more fireworks popped away. "Appreciation for them? What do you mean?" She raised a brow at him then bit at hers right off the stick since she didn't want to go melt the chocolate right away by touching it with her hands. The first bite made her eyes widen a little then blink in confusion. It tasted oddly cool but creamy and almost ice cream like with some mild taste of the fruit blending well with the chocolate and sprinkles.

"Mm..! Hmm...hmm mhm,"
she hummed as if mmm-ing her studious thoughts of how the vendor made this treat while sucking on it to get the chocolate taste and sprinkles than eating it right away. It wasn't like a takoyaki that had an obvious way of eating so her debate for now was treating it like a lightly frozen ice cream to lick away at or nibble at eat portion like a snack bar. Maybe this was the kind of appreciation Nobu was talking about, or so she guessed. "This really is pretty good. I'll have to rank this a bit higher on my vendor list on the next festival." A small confession of what her earlier thoughts of the treat were as she scanned around the games area for a neat prize among the dozens of sumo and mascot masks.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 12:12 PM

Administrator

Suishoku was quick to question what he had meant by an appreciation of the snack. However, that quickly changed once she actually tried it. Both of them came from fairly traditional areas and mixing tropical fruit with European chocolate seemed odd for sure. Yet as the flavors blended together it was clear why Nobuyori had been so eager to buy one. They tasted amazing and he smiled as he saw her enjoying the snack.

Just seeing her next to him and smile made his heart beat a bit quicker. As the people of Edo ran around the festival and the fireworks went off his eyes took notice of every bit of her smile, of her eyes, of the way she had her hair. All of it seemed perfect in the eyes of the future lord. Looking away from her he gazed up at the fireworks as she looked around the area for games.
"I'm glad you like the snack." he said as a green and red firework went off next to one another above them with loud pops.

Looking around the games area as well he mused at what to get.
"We should get twin kabuki actor masks. One red face and one white face. It would be funny." he mused as he ate more of his banana.
"I mean, if you'd like." he said with a smile and slight blush. This was exactly how Edo should be. No one afraid of attacks, no one crying over lost family members. Sure the occasional baby screaming, or child yelling to find their parents or sibling, but all of that was normal for a city. A city on edge, ready for war, mourning, wasn't how life should ever have been.
"Oh! We could probably win them from a gun game!" he thought. He himself wasn't well versed in long rifles, but he knew Suishoku didn't use long rifles either so perhaps they would be on equal foot in terms of the game.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 10:25 PM

Platinum Poster

The games area was sprawling with the usual things. Her eyes skimmed the prizes of stuffed animals and masks before turning them away into Nobu's gaze warming gaze. Being with him did bring a sense of peace at Bugei and her time in Edo. "Mhmm!" She nodded enthusiastically in the light of the fireworks. Taking another bite to appreciate this new snack, she licked at some of the melted chocolate from her lips. The doubts of earlier seemingly melting away as she looked upon her friend as he suggested what masks to get.

"Heh, kabuki masks would be fun. Sure! I'm in!" A matching set of masks. The thought thrilled her to try that she wouldn't even feel bad if she got the worst one of the set. But how would they get these items? Luckily did the festival have a few games where the prizes were the same in a few booths here and there since it was more of a common mid-tier style if prizes like this had a ranking system. Oh, before she would forget, they had to be a matching pair. "Hmm, then we'll have to find a booth that has both of these."

A she searched for a pair of red and white ones, spying some Oni styled and Tengu ones, Nobu brought to her attention toward a shooting gallery. "Ooh," she awed at it and went over to check it out the fake guns and the line up of what they're shooting at. Her eyes then flicked toward the array of masks that framed the outer sides of the gallery. "Oh hey, they got a few," Suishoku pointed at a set of the same ones she saw for purchase at a cotton candy stall. "A pair of tengu and fox ones." It wasn't all clear to her if he meant by full coloring or just one painted and the other not. As for the game itself, Suishoku was the first to polish off her chocobanana and pointed at her friend with the left over stick in a playful challenge. "Heh heh, winner picks the loser's mask~" Since it was a shooting gallery, even if she didn't use rifles, Suishoku assumed it would be kinda similar to archery. Nobu must have some cannon knowledge as well for being on boats so much, so the girl also assumed, that this game felt to be a good even match. If not just that, they both play an online game called Mecha Vice so maybe game aiming would be on their side.

After declaring her challenge to him, she went up to the stand and got her coin purse to start paying for her gun and review what other rules there were. Hit the most targets, hit all of them, shot bbs at a paper star, whatever the mechanics of this game were to be.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 09:46 PM

Administrator

"Oh hey, they got a few," Suishoku pointed at a set of the same ones she saw for purchase at a cotton candy stall. "A pair of tengu and fox ones." as Nobuyori looked at the masks he set his eyes on them. Both types of mask looked festive and nice and he definitely wanted one for himself. One for Suishoku would have also been cute too. Both of them wearing tengu masks would be pretty cute with the super long noses the masks carried. Now the only question was how to get a tengu mask for Suishoku. Apparently the answer was simple enough as he and his crush stepped up to the shooting booth. The rules seemed simple enough. They just had to hit a moving target with the toy rifles provided. As Suishoku took out a few coins Nobuyori did the same.

The stall owner, a skinny fellow with his front tooth missing, smiled wide at them.
"I'm going to start the star moving, and if you hit it at least three times I'll give you small prize." he said as he pointed to some trinkets in the back of the booth. The red and brown booth had a few items displayed on a purple cloth. They appeared to be small trinkets such as a small comb, a hand mirror, a pocket knife, a compass, and a pain of chopsticks.
"It isn't much but the star doesn't go too fast don't worry." he said with a bit of a smile and wink. Each gun appeared to only have six shots so it would be a struggle to be sure. As the man flipped a switch off to the side the star in the back of the booth started moving. It didn't move fast per say, but the rhythm of it was strange. Just as Nobuyori would be sure it was going up it suddenly jerk down and to the right. Just as he thought it was going to the left it suddenly jerked up. It seemed to be in a seemingly random track.

"Alright. Lets do this!" he said to Suishoku as he loaded his weapon.
To make matters more distracting the booth had lights and swooshing sounds going off. The entire thing was clearly a grand display for what the stand owner could afford at a local festival. Preparing his fake gun Nobuyori closed one eyes and looked at the star. Breathing in a bit he shot the rifle as a small pellet flew out of the tip at fairly lower power. It would have nearly hit the star if not for a sudden jerk to the right, causing the pellet to hit against the back wall instead.
"Five shots left!" the stall owner declared for Nobuyori.
"Dang it..." the Azai heir said as he started to reload. Firing a second shot it too missed.
"Four now. Try a bit harder. Young lady you can shoot any time you want." the man said sincerely.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 08:39 AM

Platinum Poster

Suishoku held her toy gun to get a feel for it and how to wield the mini rifle as Nobu took a more natural approach in going at it. By observing him and how the stall owner explained the mechanics of this game did it all seem so simple. Hit the star, winna prize; the slogan would resound in a carny voice in her head. "You got this!" She cheered him on by reflex despite her role was suppose to be the rival team. When the first two shots were an utter miss, Suishoku couldn't help but laugh at what was happening. "What a weird star. Okay okay, here I go."

She hunkered down next to him to follow the star's movements. The tracks on the back board showed the lines of where the target had to go but there were so many pivots and interactions that there wasn't any true route even if someone were to cheat by shooting at the crossroads. "Hmm..." her joyous tone mellowed out when trying to concentrate like in kyudou. Unlike in kyudou, this stand didn't have any martial steps to follow so it was all for her eyes.

The first trigger pulled and popped a shot after of the star as it passed by. She underestimated the lowered fire power and speed of the pellet in result of that. A groan left her as the owner called out the shot count for her. "Five shots missy!" Suishoku pouted and exhaled to try again with the muzzle of her rifle following after the star. Just when she thought she had it did the pellet bounced off a corner when the star jerked downward. "Four shots, lil lady," announced the man. "You mean it goes down too!?" Suishoku looked appalled at the star, having yet to see it just move downward before to even go as far as to peek over the end of the booth to see if no one was behind it manually taunting them. Feeling that maybe being this noisy would interfere with Nobu's shots, she stood up a bit for a standing shot approach and for a wider view of the star's track. This time! This time for sure!

An empty thud resounded against the back wall.

"Three shots!"

Suishoku wept internally from wounded confidence.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 07:27 PM

Administrator

Nobuyori watched carefully as Suishoku took her first two shots. One hit hard against the back wall as another hit the edge of the star. Nobuyori's eyes had a look of absolute concentration as he loaded and raised the gun. Keeping it level he tried to follow the movement of the star to predict when the star would again lurch forward. Getting ready he shot when he thought the star lurched forward. Sadly the momentum of the star's movement seemed to deflect the shot as it hit the bottom left of the star.
"Urgh...." he said under his breath.
"Three shots." said the man to the Prince.

The young Azai couldn't help but grit his teeth a bit.
"We'll have to hit it dead center." he told Suishoku with a defiant look on his face. Behind them a few people had gathered to watch, with the same little boy from earlier pointing at the Azai crest on Nobuyori's back. The young lord couldn't let down a fan. Thus, reloading his gun, he shot again as his fake bullet slammed into the upper part of the back wall much like Suishoku's.
"Two shots left." the man said to him. Looking over at Suishoku Nobuyori nodded.

"We can do this!" at least in Nobuyori's mind it was no longer he and Suishoku against one another but instead against this man and his clearly infernal machine! The cold air flowing through the the festival grounds made Nobuyori's blond hair flow behind him like the beautiful prince he was within his own mind. Tonight, at this festival, with Suishoku next to him, the two of them would win. If this was an anime a large wall of flames would appear behind the two.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp