Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Special Delivery, [Closed][To Yumiko from...]
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 08:19 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

"I think he's got something much more important to watch." Suishoku's response made Yumiko think for a bit. It wasn't wrong to be sure. Though Yumiko couldn't help but mentally yell at herself a bit. Suishoku was doing so much to try and cheer her up and she had come right back to missing her senpai. These weren't the thought she needed to have right now. She needed to think about moving forward. Things like making friends with Suishoku, and working at a job that wasn't poetry related for once, and getting her pet rabbit. Nodding to herself a bit she stood up with her fish cake in hand.

"Sorry Senpai. I know how hard you are trying to cheer me up. Well..thank you." she said and gave an honestly large smile.
"I think if Kajiwara-senpai was watching us right now, he wouldn't want to see me frown. I'll take better care of myself, and of his fan." she said it less to Suishoku, and not even to Masumi, but to herself. She needed to shower me and not spend all her time crying. She needed to be stronger, and to help prevent deaths at the hands of the Ikko, and protect those around her. She needed to become stronger and grow as a person.

Taking a bit of the red bean fish and looking up at the heavens she silently prayed that Masumi wouldn't have to look out for her anymore. That he had done enough in his life to take care of her.
"Do you think, someday I can be strong enough, to look out for others?" this time she honestly was asking Suishoku, even though her eyes currently pointed straight up at the stars and moon. She really wasn't sure she could become the strong person she wanted to be. Right now, however, a small part of Yumiko really wanted to try. Not even aware that by signing up for a part time job, and getting out of the house, and trying to smile, she had already started becoming so.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 02:39 PM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

She stopped herself from delving further and nodded in thanks. "Don't be hard about that. I got to spend today with you and look how it turned out. We're practically bunny girls if things go well." Hard to argue when the results were right in front of her. The half finished taiyaki nearly gone down to its fin. Again did she nod and had to sigh a bit at the thought of growing stronger.

Everyone needed to be stronger by spring. Who they are today may not be enough when everything goes down. However the students wished to spend their times till then would, bit by bit, work in their favor to make things all worth while. Spending time with Yumiko like this, getting those feelings about Masumi off their chest, and now thinking of what lies ahead were what Suishoku considered to be things needed than stay cooped up training somewhere.

"That is true. Though we all need to better take care of ourselves. This year has been rough the whole way through." Suishoku replied and closed her eyes. If not for having people and things to hold on to, she sure wouldn't have.

"Do you think, someday I can be strong enough, to look out for others?"

"Hmm, maybe." The answer came out a bit blunt as Suishoku nibbled away a corner and cleaned some of the filling off the side of her mouth. "We're here at the school and the school's purpose is to make its students stronger. To want to look out for others though, if that's what you want to do, then set out to do just that." The last of the taiyaki disappeared and she covered her mouth with the napkin wrap. "People will see how strong you are for doing so. Goes without saying that you also can't really help people if you go and get yourself hurt."

After saying this, she chuckled at the heavens staring girl and patted Yukimo's back. "I'm glad that we can be friends like this. I hope that after spring, want to have outing like this if you ever need a break?"

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 10:22 PM

Administrator

Yumiko listened carefully as Suishoku talked. She couldn't help but smile at her senpai's points. The point of being at the Bugei was in fact to get stronger after all. They would someday be the best at what they did, at least that was the goal for every students at the school. As Suishoku reminded Yumiko she couldn't help anyone if she was hurt the poet girl nodded. Of course her senpai had a point. She needed to protect herself, if she didn't she couldn't take care of anyone else. As Yumiko pondered how best she could help others she felt Suishoku's hand on her back

"I'm glad that we can be friends like this. I hope that after spring, want to have outing like this if you ever need a break?" Finishing the rest of her fish cake Yumiko nodded.

"I would really like that." she looked out at Edo and thought of how nice it would be. Hopefully by spring the issues with the Ikko would be cleared up and they really could do something together.
"I think, what I want is for everyone to be happy." of course Suishoku would understand that Yumiko's "everyone" wasn't just the people she knew. She honestly cared about her friends, her family, her city, and her country. She wanted Japan to be at peace.
"I think that is what Masumi senpai would have wanted too." she said. Looking up a bird flew past and she smiled and laughed a bit. Taking it as a sign Yumiko turned towards Suishoku.
"Senpai. I think i'm honestly ready to return to my dorm now, and not be sad anymore." she declared.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 07:08 AM

Platinum Poster

Hearing Yumiko's agreement brought a large smile on her face before it shrank to a smaller and caring one. It was humbling and left a wonderful feeling to have accomplished this much with Yumiko this afternoon. To think that this may not last long due to the coming spring war made Suishoku understand that these moments are most previous and fleeting. "Finding happiness for people is a pretty heroic goal. I hope to do what I can to support you on it." These words from Yumiko was reassuring in so many ways. Seeing how her efforts have grown made Suishoku want to do more than simply swearing to protect Yumiko. The young woman simply smiled and watched with patient observations. There was even a small worry that something may happen that could turn his day for naught. It took Yumiko's next declaration of change to get the Elite to rouse from her thoughts and nod.

"Yeah, sounds about right," she agreed then approached Yumiko more closely this time to poke the poet girl's cheek lightly with two finger tips. "Brrr! You're as cold as canned coffee milk!" Suishoku laughed and offered a hand while pointed a the station ahead of them with the other. If it's time to be less sad then time to play a little carefree. "Let's hurry and warm ourselves up back at the dorms." She mused and started to quicken the pace a little. "Hmm, what to do really? Take a hot bath or just dive under layers of futon." The girl began to wonder aloud to herself while leading the way. It was the only thing she could think of to start off toward the goal of happiness. "Oh! And bunny names! Oooh, I better start making a list on finding a good name." Their footsteps lightly kicked up the light snow as their moods began to brighten and start to shine as two new additions to the shrimming festive atmosphere as they departed the southern district.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 06:33 PM

Administrator

The two girls moved through the snow, lightly kicking it up as they went. Both of them seemed in far higher spirits than when they started the day. At least on Yumiko's part her stomach was full, her bag had a reminder of Masumi in it, and her head was full of thoughts of a possible new pet in the future. Somehow even in the freezing cold Yumiko felt a bit warmer and her steps a bit lighter now that the fog of depression was lifting from her.

"Let's hurry and warm ourselves up back at the dorms." Suishoku had suggested as she felt how cold Yumiko's face was. It wasn't as though the girl had much body weight so she didn't retain heat almost at all.
Hmm, what to do really? Take a hot bath or just dive under layers of futon." as Suishoku asked aloud Yumiko was quick to respond with a small yawn.
"Many blankets." she said as she thought about how warm they would be. A long warm bath sounded nice but perhaps after a nice nap. All her depression had caused her to sleep a lot, but it was short and restless sleep that didn't actually do much to revitalized Yumiko as a person.
"Oh! And bunny names! Oooh, I better start making a list on finding a good name."

Getting on the train Yumiko thought heavily about rabbit names. She wanted just on rabbit, not sure which gender yet. After all the breed of rabbit she wanted was a bit rare. She thought of Masumi but that was creepy and would only remind her of negative things. Thus she quickly discarded the name. Looking at the light snow fall outside as they boarded the train to take them to the station just south of Edo Bugei she thought more.
"If white, then Yuki." it was a simple name, it meant white, but also meant snow which is the meaning she would use.
"If gray, Toya." It was a strange, masculine name. She couldn't explain why but she had also liked the name for some reason. She wanted a male and female name and those two had come to mind first, thus she said them out loud to her senpia.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 12:14 PM

Platinum Poster

"You're pretty quick on those," came a surprised tone. Even to pick a name like Toya could only invoke a shocking image of a rather buff rabbit. Yumiko already hat a set of names thought up and she haven't even started. For the sake of having something of a placeholder, Suishoku chimed in with more neutral names as she too didn't have an idea of what the rabbit's gender would end up being. "Patches or... Fuu," the older girl replied with a realization that 'Fuu' didn't sound like a bad name after all. They would soon climb the snowflake illuminated steps of the train station and show their student passes. The accumulation of snow and the lights turning on for the night made the station drastically different than when the girls first arrived into the southern part of Edo earlier this evening.

"But I like the names you picked out. Heh, Toya sounds like a great one,"
her compliments not at all hiding the humored smile. Neither of them needed to wait long as their train soon coasted into the station. As it is the season of festive, a green, red and golden trimmed car came to a halt at the platform. Inside looked like a log cabin style with woolen seat covers and interior. The lights were replaced to look like gas lamps with small tree and deer decorations on the windows as stickers. Over the speakers in soft guitar also plays the crackling of a campfire.

Happy to take a load off and warm up from a warm and chilled walk, Suishoku took a seat and patted the cushion beside her to invite Yumiko over. Today felt like a real accomplishment and a highlight in the longest time to be in Bugei. Next to meeting Nobu, this would be the happiest Suishoku has been in Edo."You think your parents will be fine with having a rabbit added to the family? I'm sure they would be happy with it from all the good it'll bring."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 11:00 AM

Administrator

Suishoku seemed extremely amused by Yumiko's name choice. The name Touya had always been something Yumiko associated with maturity and strength after watching an anime with a big brother of similar name. The big brother figure was strict but clearly always cared for his little sister. It always made Yumiko wish she had a big brother, but sadly she was just an only child and would likely stay that way.

As the two enjoyed the calming music and the warmth the train provided Suishoku asked what Yumiko thought of her adopting a rabbit and if her parents would approve. Truth be told Yumiko didn't know Suishoku's parents, but they both came from the same city and Yumiko had a good idea of what people in their town acted like.
"You think your parents will be fine with having a rabbit added to the family? I'm sure they would be happy with it from all the good it'll bring." Thinking a bit of how to answer she nodded.
"I heard your parents own a brewery right? Maybe if you get a cute rabbit it can be a mascot. Our city is peaceful, and a lot of people either own or like rabbits. As long as they don't have allergies anyway."

With how much hunting happened in the area and how common rabbit meat use to be as food it was rare for people to have rabbit allergies. Also in spite of the Maeda clan being strong warriors everyone knew the clan had soft hearts towards family and pets. Yumiko couldn't count a day in which she went for a walk and didn't see at least three family pets running around with children on some road or another. The more she thought about it the more she tilted her head a bit.

"I guess, we are lucky to live in our city though. No one really picks a fight with the Maeda. So people can have pets and do business without worrying about much." the more she thought about it she realized that must have been why her parents chose that city when they left Kyoto. Sadly she never got to show Masumi her home town.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 11:37 PM

Platinum Poster

Suishoku laughed a little and stretched her arms out in front of and sat back, swinging her legs a bit within the cabin themed train cabin. The thought of a mascot for her brewery could easily be a bit impossible and a bit confusing. "I don't know. It'd be easier to believe an Inaba Brewery if it had a rabbit logo than ours. Ours was styled like the sun coming over the mountains with a river below through a rice field. Hard to change that." The idea of a rabbit holding a sake bottle would be adorable though! Mom could make some small crafts for the store, charms, and other things like that. Rabbit decorations would be hung on the walls and ceiling with tags lines such as the 'Drunken Bun' or 'Lucky Sake Paw' but as silly as it all was, there was another realistic snag to the idea that made the cute images in the dream cloud puff away. "I could try pitching the idea to my dad but the company won't be in my hands to run. Currently my cousin, living with gramps now, is being groomed in how to run the business. It's been a guy thing while the girls moved out of home or lived locally." Safe to say that while the men took care of the business, the women were given leave to pursue life whether or not they stayed around to support the generational business in other means.

"But that's a first. How'd you come to know my family ran a brewery?" Suishoku looked to the girl with interest in her eyes. The Tagami family wasn't a very well known family in the area while it has been said they moved in nearly a decade ago. The poetry girl must have been registered in the school under Maeda sponsorship. "Heh, so true." She smiled a bit fondly when thinking of their current Lord of the Maedas. The Maeda clan has come along in ways that always showed strength. In this strength did few enemies dare to attempt their lands and its people. Now they're half the power of all of Japan and as far as Suishoku know, live has been amazingly peaceful growing up. "I hear it's hard for people to have pets in larger cities due to crowds and space. We are pretty lucky to have some area allowed for the dog owners." With the conversation leaning back towards home, the feeling of homesick swam around inside her. Funny enough that the person to even prompt it was a fellow citizen of Kaga.

"No surprise Lord Maeda is pretty popular. He's like the idol guy for men to look up to but, I don't know, what do you think? You think he can be a ladies man too?" Suishoku laughed jokingly. "But ya know, I kinda miss the old places I hung out with my middle school friends. Just some arcades and the bake shops around to check the cool treats. Like kamifusen, rakugan, or the sweet shapes of the cakes sometimes paired with the gosai tea. Ooh...I feel like we've practically grown up as sweet-tooths there. Heh heh~" She laughed more, swooning a little at the thought of all the amazing cute desserts back home. While Kaga is home base of the strong Maeda, it is also a top rated area for women to shop for these sweet desserts.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 10:43 PM

Administrator

The ride back towards school was peaceful. As Suishoku and Yumiko both day dreamed of different rabbit related logos for a brewery Yumiko imagined a cute commercial of two rabbits looking at each other as though madly in love as the camera kept going from one rabbit to another, only to end the commercial with both rabbits actually looking at a beer bottle that was between them. It was silly to be sure, but it felt like the kind of unexpected twist that would come at the end of such a cute commercial.
"But that's a first. How'd you come to know my family ran a brewery?" Suishoku asked, cutting the daydream short.
"People at school." she said simply. Edo Bugei wasn't a large school, and given the noble background of most of the students that attended a lot of students got in other student's business and like any school gossip was fairly common place within the school's walls.

Both girls couldn't help but feel a bit home sick. After all not many students came from Kaga. Let alone the same city.
"No surprise Lord Maeda is pretty popular. He's like the idol guy for men to look up to but, I don't know, what do you think? You think he can be a ladies man too?" Yumiko started loudly giggling just thinking of Lord Maeda in a western style suit and asking people out on dates. She imagined him smiling with small maeda clan crests against a flowery background like he worked at a host club.
"But ya know, I kinda miss the old places I hung out with my middle school friends. Just some arcades and the bake shops around to check the cool treats. Like kamifusen, rakugan, or the sweet shapes of the cakes sometimes paired with the gosai tea. Ooh...I feel like we've practically grown up as sweet-tooths there. Heh heh~"

It sounded nice to her. All of it. Yumiko herself hadn't gone out much as a kid, and mostly stayed in her father's shadow or in her home's courtyard.
"I think, Lord Maeda was probably charming once right? He has a wife and a lot of kids." she said and giggled more. Again the thoughts of the ruler of two provinces awkwardly trying to ask women out flooded into the back of her mind. Though she also imagined him now doing it in full battle armor and waving his spear around.
".....maybe...not now." she said and this time openly laughed.

"I miss the smell of spring back home. It is different from Edo. Edo is pretty, but I think home has colder, more pure air." her words didn't have as much to do with people or places as they did atmosphere. Though from the daughter of a famous poet noble that was to be expected. Given the distance between them, even though they both rested near the coast line the two towns had very different sounds, smells, and air to them. As Yumiko spoke she could almost imagine Suishoku and herself on the beach looking back towards their home town.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 02:47 AM

Platinum Poster

"Oh yeah...forgot about that one," her voice trailed off as she began to talk more to herself at that often neglected aspect of being around Nobu. The senior rested back into seat and stared up at the ceiling for awhile. He's a noble child by birth and it's all likely that people who were interested in trying to make an angle for his noble status would looking into her background. People must have thought her to be too much of a simpleton toward clan status. They're not really wrong about it as Suishoku tends to over look it when being casual one moment to playing the bowing peasant the next. Maybe it was because the Azai had been a revived clan than, say, her run in with the Tokugawa heir Kenji where she was pulled to the wire in stress. "I wonder if they did that cause they got turned off." She continued to utter more. No secret to anyone that's been around Bugei for the previous two years that the Azai Prince was a little standoffish. The last year has been the largest turn around of Nobu making efforts to move ahead of that part of him. Hopefully her friend is doing just fine somewhere. Humorously it would be kinda funny if Nobu felt a bit miffed because not many were trying for his Azai support.

Her musing ended when Yumiko began giggling loudly at something. Suishoku looked at her and puffed her cheeks out in a pout of jealously, wishing she knew what Yumiko was envisioning of their Lord. "I think, Lord Maeda was probably charming once right? He has a wife and a lot of kids," Yumiko spoke before returning to her sneaky giggles.

"Well of course he had to have been!"
Suishoku agreed a bit boldly about their funny subject. Luckily they can get away with this since their ever so protective Lord was on the other side of the country. "I mean, it's not like he held a wife tournament or something." She said this as Yumiko laughed more over the delusions of Lord Maeda, the warrior dandy. "Argh! Now I'm getting the image that he rode around flexing on his horse! Backwards even!" The girl ended up laughing and putting a hand over her eyes in embarrassment to now have that mental image stuck in her mind.

Laughter filled the cabin over the poor and crazy interpretations of Lord Maeda's crazy dating life. A shame that none of this would be true because there's no humanly way possible that the man could live any of these down while being the head of Japan's military half. It soon came to a rolling pause like the tide going on. Her head remained over her eyes a bit before her fingers parted to view the ceiling. Yumiko had it right that home wasn't like Edo. Home wasn't so busy and glaring of fashion trends but also had the ocean air accenting the smell of sweets and nature, cooler coastal temperatures with distant waves from the water and canals in city. These thoughts finally made her calm down and her hand rested back to her lap.

"One thing I've kinda wanted to go on back home was traveling on those canal boats. My family gets a bit busy with Dad running the company and Mom having her job with textiles. We really only get together when Dad goes on a business meeting with extended invitation for family to come as well. This winter and new year, we're likely to do the same thing as a business vacation of sorts." She explained lightly on how things usually were went going back home. On days when it's national holiday was went families are together the most but that went without saying thanks to many businesses temporarily closing around that time of year. Since getting family together was a bit harder without a holiday convince making it easy, Suishoku declared this aloud to the girl she began to think of as a friend. "Let's take one of those boat rides back home when it's peaceful again. Invite anyone to come along and have a real outing Kaga style."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Yesterday at 03:35 pm

Administrator

"Let's take one of those boat rides back home when it's peaceful again. Invite anyone to come along and have a real outing Kaga style." at the suggestion Yumiko smiled wide. She had been so wrapped up with Edo life that she had forgotten about life back in Kaga like that. Her parents had often taken her on such outings when she was younger, but the past few years her and her father had mostly been home bodies working on poetry before Yumiko came off to be a student at Edo Bugei. Though as Yumiko thought about Suishoku's idea an interesting idea came to mind.

She looked at Suishoku hesitantly, not sure if she should ask. She didn't want to envelope herself in all of the rumors circling about her classmates. Though the question still hung in the air.
"Will you invite Azai-senpai?" she didn't seem to ask in a way to hurt Suishoku, or give attention to the rumors about the two of them. Instead it seemed like a fairly innocent question since the two often spent time with one another.

Thinking of who she could invite she looked towards her bag. Maybe if she took Masumi's fan with her it would be nice. Plus Suishoku would be with her so the school shouldn't object that much. Plus as they had just talked about the Maeda clan's provinces would easily count as the most guarded areas in Japan. No one would dare wage an attack on her or her family if they knew her as an Edo Bugei student. At least she hoped not.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere