Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Special Thread: The Toyotomi Accord
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 25 2017, 10:55 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

It would happen late in the afternoon. Roshi and Kai would both be summoned to the Headmaster's office. The order was simple enough. Regardless of what they had been doing they needed to report to the Headmaster's office at once. As the two arrived, however, they wouldn't find the Headmaster. Instead they would find the familiar personage of Hattori Keiichi. The top ninja for the shogunate. He was in an all black suite. His red hair was nicely combed and his eyes gazed deeply at the two. Sadly that would be the last thing either saw for a while. Before either could say even a word Keiichi snapped his fingers. Both boys would feel a decidedly sharp pain in their necks before they both fell to the floor with a hard thud. Keiichi walked over as seemingly out of thin air two ninja appeared behind the unconscious students.
"Search them. Any weapons, tools, relics, and i.d. all need to go."

A few hours later both boys would slowly wake up. They came out of a drug like state. The world spun around them as they would steadily realize they still lived and breathed. However, their hands had been tied to their legs and their legs had been tied to the floor. Neither of them had anything on them except their clothing. As their vision finally settled they would realize they now resided in a dark but expensive looking room. Likely a room deep inside of Edo Castle.
"I wouldn't suggest moving too much." the familiar voice of Keiichi warned. As the two boys began moving around they would quickly realize that next to each of them stood two masked Hattori-ryu ninja with blades drawn and pointed at their throats. Behind Keiichi sat the Shogun. Lord Tokugawa himself. Next to him sat the young girl they had rescued in Western Japan, as well as the blue haired boy that resembled Masumi. All parties involved had serious looks on their faces, except the girl who looked absolutely terrified. The drugs had been strong enough to knock the two boys out for who knows how long, but their heads should have started to clear as their minds began piecing together the situation around them.

"Before either of you say anything. I take responsibility. You had been sent to infiltrate an Ikko base. I was sent to find someone and investigate rumors of the Koga ninja's return. It was only until you had already entered the base that I realized our missions intersected. Neither of you, nor the other two with you, should have been in that base." for the first time today his words seemed slightly sympathetic.
"That girl, Kurome, as well as the fourth member of you party are being handled in other rooms." the shogun said as he gazed at the two. Keiichi walked over to the two and sat down right in front of them.
"To be clear, everything we are about to tell you is classified. No one is suppose to know. The four men with swords at your throats? Heavy narcotics stolen from the Ikko and an old jutsu. They won't remember a thing because quite literally they can't. They likely won't even remember who they are for at least three days." it was then that the Shogun raised his hand.

"Keiichi. That is enough. They deserve to know what is happening." he said then nodded to the girl next to him. The small girl got up and bowed deeply.
"My full name is Totyotomi Ayako. I am a blood relative of lord Toyotomi Hideyoshi." it was a name that any Japanese would recognize. The Toyotomi family ruled Japan after Oda Nobunaga's death. When Hideyoshi died it was Tokugawa Ieyassu who took over Japan and started the Tokugawa Shogunate. Many had always viewed the Tokugawa as traitors, and the Toyotomi crest, and family name, was often used to help gain support for rebellions against the Shogun. All Toyotomi clan members had supposedly been killed in 1615 when the Tokugawa killed their entire family at the battle of Osaka Castle.
"I thank you for saving me." she said and gave a deep bow.

Then Keiichi stepped forward again.
"Now, if anyone knew a direct blood relative of the Toyotomi still lived, what do you think would happen to the girl? How many groups would be after her? How many people do you think would want to use her? How many others do you think would want her dead? Are the drugs wearing enough for you both to understand what you have gotten yourselves into? That the Koga not only know of the Princess, but know the two of you may know the Princess, or at least her location?" he asked simply.

Mass
KaiIzuki

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 02:36 PM

Elite Member

Member No.: 81

How? How did it get like this?

All he wanted to do was help out, to do something that any person would've done in order to protect others. He'd only done...the most that anybody could have expected of him, and more! They'd pushed him beyond the boundaries, even, rendering him forever changed. After all of this, for the greatest and most-humbling ideal of simply doing the right thing, how...?

How could it have come to this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Truth be told, he had almost gotten in trouble for the letter, because he had had severe issues in the wake of the sudden war in Edo. You can expect no less in a boy who was not a tried-and-true combat machine. Roshi was an artist. Even if he'd been given instruction, it was the potential for battle wrapped around a wild artist, a fellow of imagination and creative talent. Fighting was just something he used sometimes within performances. The capability and the desire were two things far removed, as far as he was concerned, and yet he had elected to join the mission to the secret base. Even so, he had done well in there. Nobody in his team had died. And after the mission, back in Edo, he and Nobu had not only survived, but helped defeat a General

Still, the letter had demanded his attention, and so not long after his night with Suishoku to calm his shocked and traumatized mind, he went out as instructed and reported as desired. He hadn't told anyone, of course. It had, in fact, appeared on his desk, at home...because he did not live in the dorms. The letter was one of the things that made it hard to sleep at night, prompting him to reach out for help...which he had thankfully received. However, upon reaching the designated location, he found that there was a ninja waiting for him, a ninja of the shogunate. The head ninja, in fact. Roshi hadn't even the chance to finish saying "Oh crap." before he had a dart in his neck and fell over like a sack of potatoes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The waking world returned to focus slowly for Roshi. He had never been drugged before. Yes, even though people made jokes about it, his life was more of a natural high, if anything. He was just a goofy guy, nothing actually wrong with his brain at all. His surroundings were not very pleasant, and quickly he began to feel that perhaps unconsciounsess was the better state to be in. He was bound, not only to himself, but the floor. As soon as he - and Kai! - began to shift at all in their bonds, there was a familiar voice...

"I wouldn't suggest moving too much."

Roshi looked around. They could permit at least that. They were in an ornate, but dark, room. Keiichi was there, clearly having recovered well enough from whatever ordeal the deathtrap at the base had done to him. At the moment, it was a bit hard to feel relief about that, though, since it appeared that the man was holding him and Kai hostage. Indeed, there were ninjas right there, holding knives to their very necks! Despite himself, somewhere between distress and anger, Roshi found his voice.

"Oh, not again!"

Kai, Keiichi, and anybody else in the room would have no idea what the hell he could possibly mean by 'again', unless they thought it had to do with the Koga Ninjas out at the base. Somehow, given the nature of his statement, it was something a bit more personal. Truth by told, Roshi suspected there were ninjas on the campus, watching him. They told him to be quiet in the library, and they ticketed his ride. Nevermind. Unimportant, on the whole, especially that he was just now noticing other people in the room...like the Shogun.

Okay...that was awkward.

Next to him, apart from Not-Masumi, was the girl that they'd rescued, that Keiichi had rescued if you want to be specific about it. While everyone else looked serious, she looked terrified. In that moment, the young artist realized that this...this was more trouble than he'd ever been in before, saving only the war itself. This wasn't about the war, though. This was about their mission to the Ikko Base, which may have been a Koga Ninja Base. They held this girl captive, and Keiichi had gone through hell to get her out, and now...here they were.

Now, as the head ninja spoke, Roshi understood more of what happened. They had been on the same mission, practically, without knowing it, and not only were he and Kai here, but Korume and...uhh...whatever that last guy's name was. They all had knives to their throats, hearing confidential information while guys drugged out of their minds were prepared to slit their throats. Roshi could only imagine how that affected Kai. To him, it was obvious that Kai and Kurome liked each other. He wouldn't see harm done to them if he could help it. The question was...how could he help it?

The girl was...more than just high profile. Her existence was the problem, very clearly the most high-profile political name around. She was...the heir to the imperial throne, a Toyotomi. They had rescued the most important person in Edo, apart from the Emperor and any relatives he might have. But...because she was a Toyotomi, after the Tokugawa had taken over, her being alive was both a miracle and a danger. Roshi's 'Oh Crap' alarm shifted to 'Oh Shit' now, and was seriously considering taking it up a few more notches by the time they explained that many groups would kill for information leading to her existence, which included the Koga Ninjas...

How did it come to this? I was only trying to help people!

He'd put his life and perhaps his own sanity on the line, lately. And now, it looked like he had become a threat to everything because he knew too much, because he had been where he was suppose to be, doing what he was suppose to do, and had the gall to survive that mess! Roshi was definitely worried now. They were hinged upon the possibility of quietly executing them. He'd read plays like this, where someone innocent was to be killed for reasons like this. It didn't usually turn out well for the guy.

Roshi's thoughts turned to that better, peaceful time he shared not long ago with Suishoku and the Hatto-san. Eating breakfast together, talking about acting and traveling, about a new performance he wanted to start up. He was going to do so many things, get as many people in on this as possible, even his brother if he could. Hell, he wanted to have a Karaoke Battle with Kai, since he'd learned the boy could sing. This couldn't be the end of it all. He still had so much to give, so much to say and perform, so many great memories to make...

Now, like the expression on Ayako's face, Roshi was more-or-less terrified, as well.

There had to be some way out of this, something they could say or do.

Think, Roshi. Think... They wouldn't bother with this unless they wanted something.

They want to be safe, assured that the secret won't get out, no matter what.

If they can't trust you'll keep their secret, they won't permit you to live.

"Haven't...haven't we already proven ourselves? We've been through a base filled with deathtraps, and we went to war immediately after...when traitors - people that we probably knew - set fire to the town. How much loyalty do you even need? They burned my town, and I killed people, when I've never done that before. I even headbutted the foreign general in the face, and I have his hat in my room...and I'm still just an artist! What more do you want?"

--------------------
PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 02:34 AM

Story Teller

Member No.: 2

Kai blinked as he woke. He could tell what had happened right awya, after all in his years as a assassin for the government this wasn't his first time being drugged or captured. He raised his head waiting for his vision to clear. His red eye seemed to glow from behind his hair as he looked around the room. He felt his arms and legs tied together and let out a sigh of annoyance. He saw Roshi next to him and his eyes widened a little but relaxed in a split second returning to the calm blank look. He moved himself to a more comfortable position and began feeling around for any slight weakness. Given time he could wiggle out of this, but he was unsure how long he had.

"I wouldn't suggest moving too much."

Kai frowned at the voice of Keiichi. He looked the ninja in the eye with a cold blank stare that would send lesser men running. "Best be a good reason for this." He spoke calmly the deadliness of his eyes betraying the calming tone. Of course the Hitokiri would never kill the Hattori, he wasn't against beating him up. He gather his surrounding and his eyes rested on the two ninja threatening him and Roshi. "The hell is going on here." The veteran hissed angrily. He was more angry that Roshi was being treated like this them himself. This he could take, but Roshi was an iunnocent civilian.

The next thing that caught Kai's eye was the figure of a tall man. Once again this was a person Kai was familiar in dealing with. Lord Tokugawa. He bowed his head slightly in respect, however he didn't apologize for his tone. After all he had just got done fighting and ENDING a war personally on the Shogun's behalf. " My lord.." He said softly.

Keiichi began to speak again. Kai froze at the mention of Kurome being held in a similar situation and his eyes flashes with deadly fury as he stared the man in the eye. However, he remained silent, with Roshi and most likely Kurome in harms way he wasn't going to make any mistakes. If he found out she was hurt in anyway.. he pushed those thoughts back as he stared at someone he once thought a trusted and honorable ally. Did it matter that they had been there? Why even send a group if there was that possibility? Was the Shogun's forces really that unprepared? Of course not, he knew that.. but his anger was coming back clouding his judgement.

Keiichi explanation was cut short by the Show who told them they had the right to know something. The girl they had saved before walked forward. He could see the fear in here eyes. He wondered what he looked like. He hair was a bit longer now, his right eye glowed red like a demon. His gaze softened and he felt the sudden wish that he could hide his eye from the child. He didn't want her to think of him as some evil Oni. He adjusted his head allowing his Hair to fall over his eye. He nodded kindly towards the girl as she revealed her Identity. Kai's mouth opened only slightly, but that was enough to convey his shook at the news. A blood relative of the Totyotomi clan.

That couldn't be true.. the Totyotomi were dead, they had dead hundreds of years ago. He looks back at the Hattori ninja and The Shogun as the Young girl thanks them for saving her. He responded without breaking his gaze. "It was our pleasure." HE moved his gaze to Roshi his eyes filled with concern for his future elite.

Keiichi began to speak again and the way he worded his questions made Kai stare at him again with distain. This all felt dishonorable to Kai, He didn't care what happened to himself.. but Roshi and Kurome were at risk over this and he couldn't sit by and let that stay. Roshi began to talk trying to prove his worth and Kai smiled at him a little nodding his head. "Aye, that he has and Kurome as well. Both of them have killed for you, both risked everything for the Shogun. However, they are civilians. If there are to be consequences please let it falls to me. It seems you are worried that you won't be able to protect her." He stared at the Hattori. "What if I could take care of her, as a personal bodyguard. I'll offer my services at once. All I ask is Roshi here be made an Elite year, and Kurome and Suishoku to lead the classes in m sted."

He looked back at the girl and smiled softly again before speaking again to the Shogun and the Hattori. "While they may believe Kurome and Roshi know of her, I find it hard to believe they think they would know her location. Which is why I suggest that I take her, and we travel to remote areas in Japan, mostly forests and small towns. Out of the way areas where the Koga will need to spend months searching. And with me by her side, they will think twice about attacking. You all know my name holds weight." He wasn't bragging, he wasn't flaunting his name, he was offering a suggestion that would save the girl he cared for, and the boy he had come to respect a whole lot of stress and trouble. "I swear I will care for her as if she were my own sister."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
Kai Izuki: Head of the Elite Years, Bugei Staff ------- Kenji Tokugawa: Heir to the Shogunate 3rd Year
William Midoriya - Detective in Training
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 12:38 PM

Administrator

Keiichi looked at Kai and Roshi with cold eyes as they pleaded for their lives. The sense of tension in the room was thick, as well as the obvious sense of worry from Roshi. The four drugged ninja, two for each boy, seemed ready at any moment to remove their heads.
"You two don't seem to understand. This isn't about a bargain." the Hattori leader said bluntly.
"The Koga are back. Those fox masks they wear are to symbolize that they aren't humans but wild, savage beasts given form. They had killed Shogunate officials, leaving their skin completely stripped from their bodies while they still lived, then demanding they try and run. Every record we have of the Koga, and their actions over the past few months, all point to sadistic beasts hellbent on destroying not just the Shogunate, but Japan as a whole. They saw you with the Princess and myself. You aren't safe, and neither is anyone you know or love." with that Keiichi dropped photos of crime scenes in front of them. Kai would be able to recognize a few of the officials he had guarded before. However, most of the bodies looked so mangled that it was next to impossible to tell they use to be human. It would be hard for either of the boys to not want to vomit at the scenes displayed before them. Some of the photos looked like someone had taken gallons of dark red paint and simply threw it across every corner of a room.

"We currently have Hattor-ryu ninj guarding your families, and guarding every square inch of this city. If you go on missions, if you leave Edo, I can't promise you will survive." the Hattori leader gave his words time to sink in. Then the Shogun raised his hand, causing even Keiichi to back away from the boys as he looked at the two.
"Both of you, have served this country well. You had to kill your fellow students, and Ikko rebels, to keep this city safe. That is undeniable. However, Shin, and students at Edo Bugei who turned traitor, also killed the enemies of the state simply to pull the wool over our eyes." with that his eyes narrowed as he seemed to gaze directly into the souls of both boys. As though searching for something. He then stood up and walked over to the two.

"I truly believe, that you two fight for the well being of this country." he said as he looked back at the Toyotomi Princess.
"The Tokugawa Shogunate, has reigned for 400 years. In that time, our samurai have grown too use to peace. They had not been ready for the war Shin brought to us. Nor would they be ready for a war brought to us by other countries. Kill you two, would only weaken our power further. Fighting the Koga, admitting they are real, putting the Bugei students through more war, would only weaken our country further." with that he looked at Keiichi who snapped his fingers. The four ninja cut the bindings restraining Kai and Roshi. However they held their swords near the two boys, making it clear they would not be able to yet stand.

"Roshi Bento. An artist, and a man who fought so hard against the Ikko traitors. You will be allowed to return to Edo Bugei. However, you will not be allowed to tell anyone of this meeting, and will not be allowed to tell your parents of the guards that follow them. Breaking either of these rules, saying what we have talked about here, will result in execution. We are at war with the Koga, and we believe they are the ones that stirred up the Ikko, and that traitorous dog Shin. However, for now, this war must stay in the shadows for the mental well being of the country. Japan can not take another civil war right now." he then stood directly in front of Kai.

"You have done so much for our country. Killing rebels before they could rise. Helping to slay your predecessor, and keeping more secrets about the Shogunate than even the Hattori-ryu Jonin that serve us. We do not question your loyalty. However, this girl, her very existence, threatens Japan. If she was kidnapped, hurt, killed, or brainwashed, rebellion would break out all over the western lands that even today still hold the Toyotomi bloodlines in their hearts. What you ask, keeping her safe by yourself, is too much. However, I will allow you to travel with this girl as long you regularly report to Keiichi. Should you try and escape the Hattori-Ryu's eyes, or bring any harm to this girl, you will be damning all of Japan to civil war." The Shogun then walked up to the Toyotomi Princess herself, looking extremely tense, and gave a polite bow.

"The Tokugawa Shogunate, is built on the corpses of the Toyotomi and Oda clan lines. However, I do not wish to add more bodies to that pile. If you will accept this man, Izuki Kai, as your bodyguard, he will transport you North to Hokkaido. The Norther Tokugawa clans will guard you. It will be rough journey, and we can not risk sending you by boat. However, if you can make it north then you will never need to worry about the Koga again." but the girl cried loudly.
"I WANT TO RETURN TO OSAKA! TO MY PARENTS! TO MY HOME!" she screamed until Keiichi gave her a look telling her to be quiet. It was a surprisingly harsh look even for the ninja. Though the Shogun gave Keiichi an equally harsh looked telling him not to threaten the girl.

"I think you already know what happened to your parents. I want repeat it." but the Shogun's eyes quickly fell upon one of the gory pictures in front of Kai and Roshi. Keiichi quickly filled in the blanks with a statement of
"We weren't sure how an innocent couple in Osaka got targeted by the Koga, but we know now." he said with his head a bit low. He then nodded to his four ninja to back away from Kai and Roshi.
"You two. Do you understand why we had to do this? How much danger you are both in right now? As well as your families? Are you sure you can both accept what we have told you? Izuki, are you sure you want to shoulder the heavy burden this girl's blood contains?" they hadn't talked about Rorhi's placement as an elite student yet. After all, to the Shogun and Keiichi, that was far from the most pressing matter at hand here.

Mass
KaiIzuki

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 02:44 AM

Elite Member

Kai was, understandably, not in much better a position than he was. He had more authority - more to his name - but they held him down physically and emotionally, and that made him no more capable of lifting these bonds or these knives. Neither one of them could do so, even if Keiichi could be swayed...because the Shogun was in the room, and the tense feeling of 'serious business' was made constant. Still, as he was a military Scion of rank, he attempted to take responsibility, shoulder all of the burder - and we mean all of the burden - onto himself. As much as Roshi would have felt some relief to something like that, he wouldn't find it fair. It was akin to giving up much of his life - maybe all of it - and receiving no happiness for himself, which Roshi would know that there was at least one person he'd want to spend his time with.

All thoughts on this matter were crushed as Keiichi shot them down.

Their worth, apparently, wasn't in question. Or if it was, then apparently one of the turncoats had made the problem deeper than merit and deed. That was how Roshi read it. However, it was what he was shown that truly hammered the issue home. Their actions meant, of course, nothing to the Koga Ninjas, and if they were memorable enough - and they could very well be - then these very real, and not library ninja at all, ninja assassins could swoop in and kill everyone he cared about, and then go after him. They were terrible sadists. It was no wonder that Toya the Spider had been around. He was their kind of sick, twisted monster. He could easily have committed the acts that...were visible by photographs tossed to them.

The shock on Roshi's face at these images was palpable.

'Oh my god' did not even begin to describe the sheer shock and astonishment on his face. He wasn't going to be sick, because his mind was already rebelling to protect his sensibilities. Even still, the thought of his family or friends, or...or Suishoku, becoming like that... It was too much. He shut his eyes and fiercely shook his head at the thought, trying to launch it free from his mind through sheer force of will and velocity. Everyone he ever knew was in danger, and up against foes that were already a greater threat than the Ikko Monks. More dangerous than them, by far, and he was still under the threat of this vast political threat, the problem of knowing way too much. Making overt moves, or even talking about them, was punishable by death. The only good thing, thus far, was that - finally - talk of not wanting to kill them came up, meaning that they were no longer under true threat of death, here and now in this room. At least, so long as they remained quiet. Somehow, Roshi found his voice again.

"I...I understand."

He was emotionally out-of-whack at the moment, maybe even on the verge of tears. Roshi did not know how to handle this. He officially had no means to sort this out, because he not only wasn't any good at this war stuff, but he couldn't talk to Suishoku or a therapist or anyone in his family. Not the Hatto-san either. He forgot entirely about the Hatto-san. Anyone he knew, anyone who could be associated with him, was in danger. And wait... If they leave, then...wasn't it possible that they would be attacked? Hakuro was a traveler. He went places regularly. Suishoku lived in Kaga, originally. What if she wanted to go anywhere? What if his brother was sent on another business trip? This was too much. He'd done this. Even if he hadn't meant to do this, he'd done this to all of them. God sakes, he'd actually told Suishoku about the base. No details, but he mentioned the Koga Ninjas to her.

What have I done? Everything I did to help people has been turned on its head!

"You just did what you thought was right. Isn't...that usually enough?"

It wasn't, though. It really wasn't. I don't know what to do now... I've literally made everything worse.

"You don't have to be that way again if you don't want to be. A soldier or special ops."

But it isn't about what I want! I was trying to help the city, this country, all the people I care about - all in my own way. I completely failed, and everyone is going to suffer, because of it.

So, in short, Roshi understood the consequences of everything. Maybe his worry was a little out of control, but all those concerns could come to light.

"I know...why it is...I have to keep silent about what I know, but...there must be something that can be done...to alleviate the ninja problem. All I wanted was to help, to make Edo and the country safer for everyone, and especially those I care the most about. That much is in ruin, apart from the war. Even though I'm an artist, I can't just let be if there's something to do...right? Isn't there any way to take them out of danger?"

Preferrably not by killing them and proclaiming them to be 'safe'?

--------------------
PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 04:35 PM

Story Teller

Kai's eyes looked to Roshi as The men in the room talked to them. They explained the threat to the nation this girl represented. He looked down, he wished they wouldn't talk like this in front of the child. He linage was not her fault and from what it sounded like her family wanted nothing more than a standard normal life. However, this also meant that the Toyotomi bloodline had been alive for generations keeping quiet. HE wondered to himself how the Hattori had let this happen.

He looked towards the girl trying to look as kind as he could given teh situation that he was in. He nodded to her reassuringly. He had a new mission now. Whilst it would take him away from those he care about this mission was most assuredly the most important one he has ever taken on. War between Ninja clans were always worse than open warfare. Ninja wars depended on hurting the other side so bad they don't have the will to fight anymore. This was the simple way of things.

He looked towards Keiichi and the Shogun. They wanted him followed, should be simple enough as long as the Hattori kept their distance. However, he had conditions that needed to be met. "If we are to be followed.. we need the best. Or the best you can spare. The Koga have alluded detection for years which means they are highly skilled." He was blunt. He didn't care if he offended the Hattori, they needed blunt honest truth right now.

He bowed his head a little before speaking again. "Yes, I accept this weight. I will protect this girl with my life until you see fit to release me from this task." He raised his head. "What of Roshi and Kurome? Are they just to remain silent about this?" He didn't like to think about those two being put on dangerous missions as well neither of them honestly had the experience yet.

His mind was full of questions now, how long had the Koga been plotting, what would happen next? Most of his worry was for his allies. Who did they know about besides Kurome and Roshi? Suishoku? Eriko? Could they already be targeted. He looked at Keiichi dead in the eye. His look was rude, demeaning, or judgemntal. It was respectful. Assassin to assassin their eyes locked. "Protect them. Protect them for me while I'm gone. Please." He loowered his head in a humble bow to The Hattori. This wasn't a demand, he didn't care if it made him look weak. Masumi's passing, killing Shin, the entire war had changed him.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Kai Izuki: Head of the Elite Years, Bugei Staff ------- Kenji Tokugawa: Heir to the Shogunate 3rd Year
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 09:33 PM

Administrator

Keiichi watched carefully as Roshi looked visibly ill. It was clear that what the Koga ninja are, what they do, had sunk into his very core. Both boys seemed to begin understanding the absolute weight of the situation, and the combined power in the room right now. The first to speak about what was discussed was Kai.
"If we are to be followed.. we need the best. Or the best you can spare. The Koga have alluded detection for years which means they are highly skilled. Yes, I accept this weight. I will protect this girl with my life until you see fit to release me from this task." He raised his head. "What of Roshi and Kurome? Are they just to remain silent about this?" Keiichi looked over at Roshi. Then briefly as Kai, as though offended by his words. The look on his face was saying that he obviously knew how dangerous the Koga ninja clan was, and that he had already planned far ahead.

"I know...why it is...I have to keep silent about what I know, but...there must be something that can be done...to alleviate the ninja problem. All I wanted was to help, to make Edo and the country safer for everyone, and especially those I care the most about. That much is in ruin, apart from the war. Even though I'm an artist, I can't just let be if there's something to do...right? Isn't there any way to take them out of danger?" The Shogun seemed to nod at the two boys, a clear sign of respect as the Toyotomi Princess next to him started looking extremely concerned for them both.
"Out of danger you ask?" Keiichi repeated.
"Protect them. Protect them for me while I'm gone. Please." Kai pleaded. Even Keiichi and the Shogun seemed a bit taken back by Kai humbling himself and giving such a request.

Keiichi sat down in front of the two boys. He wanted to emphasize the situation as much as humanly possible.
"Your friends, Kurome, is fine. Yuubae Suishoku, Tagami Yumiko, Yamana Eriko, your families, all of them are safe for now. I imagine you both must think the Hattori are somehow wrong for not knowing the Koga have been alive. However, it is the Koga that have played their hand too soon. We know of them now. We know what they want and what they can do. So we have prepared." and with that he stood up and walked back over to the Shogun and the Princess.

"How will we protect you? How will we protect anyone? The answer is simple. Killing them." the words had been emphasized. They weren't said with malice or after thought. The words had been said as absolute fact.
"The Koga live to kill. They only understand strength. The Hattori will hunt down and murder every Koga we find. Every Koga that comes in or near Edo will die." looking at the Princess and then at Kai he added.
"Any Koga that come near you, will also die. The Koga will not stop until either the Koga or the Hattori have been erased. So we will make sure that we are the ones who win. What can you do Mr. Bento? Live. Stay alive as best you can, and if the Koga come for you make as much noise as you can." and with that he helped the Princess to her feet.
"I should warn you both. You are about to be blind folded and paralyzed. It is nothing against you. However, I'd rather this room's location remain a secret." Keiichi then bowed to the Shogun.
"My lord. May I dismiss them?" the Shogun gave a nod and stood up, moving towards the back of the room before looking at the boys.
"You are both commendable boys. You, Izuki Kai, willing to take this girl's weight on your shoulders. Roshi Bento, even with your own life in danger you think of your friends, your family, and the people of Edo. I praise you both. Please continue to live." and with that the Shogun left.

The Toyotomi Princess looked towards Keiichi as the four guards left the room. Keiichi smiled a bit at the Princess and took a knee in front of her.
"I'm sorry to make you so scared. These two boys will live, and so will you. I promise, Hime-sama, someday you will return to Osaka. For now though, while I make Osaka safe for you, Izuki Kai will make sure you stay safe." the girl hugged Keiichi tight, her entire body shaking.
"I don't want more people to die. I don't want them to die. I don't want you to die." she said crying. Even the leader of the Hattori looked soft, as though he was dealing with the Tokugawa Princesses he had cared for since they had been little.
"If Izuki Kai can't protect you," he then gave Kai a look with his eyes glowing a dark shade of blood red. A look that lasted only a moment but made it clear that what he just said wasn't an option Kai had available to him.
", I will come and make sure you are safe. You have my word." and with that he rubbed the girl's head and looked at the two boys.
"Any last questions? After this Mr. Bento you will be returned to the school while you, Mr. Izuki, will soon disappear."

Mass
KaiIzuki

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 05:13 AM

Elite Member

To be perfectly honest, Roshi had not any preconceived notions of the Hattori, in regards to the Koga Ninja situation. He assumed, for the sake of argument, that they were all human people who didn't know absolutely everything. When it was revealed back there that there were almost two-dozen ninjas coming for them, Roshi's mind wasn't on 'How could they not know?'. It was on 'Oh crap, they're here and they're not happy!'. Blame wasn't something that Roshi was eager to toss around. He was here and he was essentially blameless, but things happened that landed him here, nonetheless.

Now, for a moment, the young artist felt the chilliest of chills go through him as Keiichi said 'By killing them', when he'd asked about how to protect friends and family...but fortunately, he misinterpretted. What the man had meant was that they would kill every Koga that they find, that they would dilligently execute them on the spot as best they can. For them, this was a kill-or-be-killed situation. And what could he do? Survive, thwart them, slip out of their grip... They wanted him to live, but also they wanted him to live because he was a target. The more he blazed alive, the more the Koga would want him, and the more times they failed to get him, the more they would be infuriated.

It made sense that Kai would be hard for them to deal with. He was a master with the blade, as much as Roshi was a master with the brush. But if they were to find it hard - the most difficult of difficult - to take down a bumbling artist? That would be the worst, and something in Roshi's mind said 'Make it happen'. It was probably the same something that felt sympathy for the little girl who was also thrust into this matter, a matter beyond her control. When Keiichi apologized to her and she hugged him, her words invigorated Roshi in a way he didn't expect. Roshi was the youngest in his family, so he had no younger siblings to look up to him. Seeing someone who quite-audibly did not want him or anyone to die... It was like he had gained a little sister too, like Kai had said.

It made Roshi's next move abundantly clear, and it stoked a flame inside of him after so much of this meeting had filled him with icy dread and terror. When they were asked if they had any questions before they were returned to the world, Roshi decided to make good, but in a way unexpected...

"I have a request, actually. This isn't something I would normally ask, but it seems like the best move, right now. Earlier, Kai had spoken his recommendation to make me an Elite. This wasn't simply to protect me, to make me more suitable to handle sensitive information. He mentioned this before we even returned to Edo. I'm a little humble about my skills, an artist more than a fighter. I just do what comes naturally and hope the training I've had holds out."

He now looked directly at Keiichi, no longer feeling the quaking in his stomach or the chills in his spine. He was dead-set on this.

"Kai must believe that I can pass, so that's what I'll do. I can take on more training and have access to more things that will enable me to do what you ask me to do: Survive. If I pass, though, I don't want it widely known. Just let me be an artist to people. That way, if anyone comes to me, I'll surprise 'em and make all the noise in the world."

Roshi has chosen the path that will keep the people closest to him both safe and not worried about him. It will also protect him by making it easier to protect himself. Maybe he was Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass. Maybe he was something more. The point of it is that he is choosing to take control of his siituation, to rise to the occasion. As Suishoku had said to him, after the war, he didn't have to do anymore, and the truth was that he didn't...but he would.

--------------------
PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 05:47 AM

Story Teller

Kai didn't react any further after his plea was voiced. He just listened and he did so silently his eyes unmoving as they stared at the Young Hattori. He'd just finished a war, he'd literally caused the end of it when he ended Shin and now there was another war he was going to have to deal with. He didn't know if he was fully ready for it, but at the end of the day the Hitokiri didn't have any choice. Kai tried to push the thoughts away as he finally turned his attention back to the Toyotomi princess. It hit him how young she was.

Deep inside his chest he could feel a slight flame of anger build up as he gazes upon the child. Someone so innocent, someone who'd never hurt anyone in their life had such a target on her back. It was unfair. This world was unfair. However, this was one unfairness he couldn't accept.

The Hattori was now asking if they were allowed to be released. The Shogun agreed and gave them a few words of thanks each before taking his leave. Kai bowed his head to the Shogun in respect. They were then warned that they were about to be drugged again. Kai simply nodded. It wouldn't be his first time and he hated it.. but there was no point in protesting it. Next Keiichi spoke to the girl and gave Kai a glare. Kai simple looking back at the man. His face held no aggression or rage, simply acceptance of his situation. Kai then turned his attention to the girl.

" I promise you my lady that I will protect you to the best of my abilities and keep you safe and away from violence as best I can." He tried to give her a calming smile. The hitokiri had never had much dealings with children minus the incident at the orphanage during the earthquake, but the look on her face reminded him of the fear he had seen that day from the kids. He didn't like it at all. It made him feel uneasy and helpless... but Kai knew he wasn't and he was going to do all he could to keep this girl safe and happy.

Roshi was the next to speak and what he said made Kai swell with a small sense of pride. He turned towards Roshi as the boy stopped speaking and he nodded to him. "Roshi Bento, you are one of the most impressive students I have seen enter Bugei. I have the upmost confidence in you and your abilities." He smiled at the boy. "You are a valuable ally and someone I consider a friend."

With that said he turned to Keiichi. "I'm ready." He turned to the girl and took a deep breath and spoke to her one more time. "I look forward to our time together Princess, I'll see you soon." He bowed his head to her in respect before preparing his body for the coming drug. He looked towards Keiichi and spoke his final words before being drugged. "I leave the rest to you."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 09:08 PM

Administrator

(Second to Last Round)

Keiichi looked at the two boys, a rather wicked smile on his face. Though his body didn't show any signs of aggression. To the Hattori leader it was more like a look of absolute amusement at the two in front of him. In his eyes, however, a small flicker of sadness could be seen.
"It is a shame, neither of you were born into the Iga-ryu." he said as he looked specifically at Roshi.
"Elite students, aren't my concern. That is something the school handles. If you want to play secret elite, I have no objections." he then turned to Kai.
"If you are needed in Edo, we will find ways to return you to Edo. You will not need to be on the road all the time. The Koga are bloodthirsty, violent, depraved dogs. However, they are not stupid. They will not simply wonder into the halls of the Shogunate." which of course raised the question of why the girl wasn't simply kept in Edo Castle. However Keiichi had no intention of explaining that to the boys directly. The simple truth was that having her in Edo Castle would put the Edo Shogunate in even more danger, and he had no intention of drawing the full force of the Koga upon the city of Edo when it had only been destroyed a year ago by an invading army.

"Well then, I guess this is goodbye." This time, however, he didn't produce any needles, or poison. He didn't have anyone jump out of the shadows or strike at the boys. He did, however, snap his fingers as the guards around them collapsed. He then walked back over to where the Shogun had been sitting and pulled out three sake cups. He then pulled out a small flask from his robes. Pouring a dark liquid into the bottom of two of the glasses he then filled all three with sake. He handed the two liquid bottomed cups to Roshi and Kai before raising the non-poisoned one for himself.
"I can't let you leave of your own accord, but I will not blindside you either. The two of you are now doing so much for the future of the Tokugawa. You deserve a proper drink." he said as he held his glass out for the two to touch their glasses to his own.
"I am sure, being students at the Bugei, you know better than most. Never forget, however. In every shadow, the Iga-ryu watch, wait, and listen. Even if you are afraid, or feel alone, you will not be. The Koga, will not be allowed to be alone with you."

Mass
KaiIzuki

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 12:10 PM

Elite Member

Well, if you wanted to give the guy a vote of confidence, Kai certainly did it. After his promise to basically protect Ayako from the world - as bodyguard and surrogate family while in hiding, a real sacrifice - he then turned to Roshi and made that confidence properly known. If this weren't a serious matter, the young artist might've made the moment a bit more funny, but this was no time for jokes.

"Thank you, Kai. And although we hadn't worked together for long, I can already tell that Ayako is in good hands. If there's anything I can do for you here while you're away, I'll see to it, I promise."

If he's able to, that is. There's alot that a guy like Roshi can do, but of course it has to be humanly possible. So, while we're singing each other's praises, it's worth noting that the hardships placed upon the two might...actually play to their strengths, in a way. The stakes were high enough, but Roshi could give people a run for their money and Kai could definitely protect with the best of them. You have to wonder if Keiichi might've shaped this into what it was to solve the problem for him, the clever ninja.

#NeverTrustNinjas

That aside, when it seemed like they were about to be put out...they weren't. Instead, they were - the three of them - going to sit and have a drink. No, it was more than that. That was a drink drink, to quote a certain comedian actor. It actually wasn't a hard drink. It was clearly sake. Nevertheless, it was going to put them out. They couldn't be seen walking out of here anymore than they were allowed to have known they were coming in. More than anything, though, Roshi wanted to switch all the cups around to see who could guess what, but this was the leader of the Hattori we're talking about. He'd know. Roshi pick up his cup and nodded to Keiichi, Kai, and Ayako, while saying...

"To your health, your good fortune, and a good life."

He would drink when the others did. It's how you do these things.

--------------------
PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 02:21 AM

Story Teller

Kai looked at the drink carefully, part of him wondered what type of drug was in it. After all there were many ways of producing the same result when it came to putting someone to sleep. Kai felt a slight weight off his shoulders after letting it all out like that. It gave him a sense of peace. He knew what had to be done now and there was no reason to keep things wiating any longer. He looked and Roshi one last time and nodded to him as a gesture of friendship. Another ally to count amoung his few, so maybe today wasn't so bad after all. Roshi offered his assistance and Kai shook his head.

"I can't ask you to do anymore then has already bene asked of you. Just take care of yourself and when you wake I'll have sent you your uniform. I doubt anyone at the school can deny you've faced enough trials to earn your place among the elite." He looked towards Keiichi one last time. "While I know you'll be busy. Pass my approval to the Principle please."

Kai looked at Roshi as he made the toast and he mock raised his glass. As soon as the liquid touched his lips he could tell what type of elixir it was. It made him feel faint in a matter of seconds. It took him around a minute before he slumped over on his side completely knocked out and ready for his mission when he woke up. No rest for the wicked as they say

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 02:55 PM

Administrator

As Roshi and Kai drank they would taste the sake at first. After all Keiichi hadn't mixed the two liquids together. It was the layer of smooth sake before a thick syrup followed. It tasted spicy, and bitter to the tongue. In a lot of ways it seemed like brown curry but stronger and hotter. The two looked confident for only a few seconds before their eyelids began to drop and by the end of one minute both had completely blacked out. Both boys had been put in such a deep slumber it was hard to tell if either of them where even still breathing with how quiet and shallow their breaths had become. The Princess looked worried and reached out as Keiichi reached his hand to stop her.
"They are fine." he said quietly. it was then that he let the sake in his cup fall to the ground, showing it had never even touched his lips in spite of him holding the sake cup up to his mouth.
"Sorry, both of you. Couldn't risk you not taking your medicine." he said, though he knew neither of them could hear. Picking up Roshi and putting him over his shoulder he then proceeded out of the room.

It would be heard to tell exactly what time of day it was. In a small barn outside of Edo, in Northern Edo past the shrines to the farms between Edo and Aokigahara Kai's vision began to clear. He could hear crickets and owls, enough to make him realize it was clearly late in the evening. The area was extremely dark but he was fully dressed and besides him two swords, his relic, and a backpack, as well as the Princess who currently slept sound asleep on a small sleeping bag that had been placed below her. No note or anything from Keiichi, after all that wasn't the way the lord of the Iga operated. Kai new his mission, and no further words needed to be traded between Keiichi and Kai.

At the same time, back in Edo Bugei, Roshi slowly came too. His body would feel stiff as he realized he was on a hard wood floor. Around him rested various art projects he had been working on recently. It wouldn't take long for him to realize that he was in his Edo Bugei dorm room turned studio. He had apparently been on the floor of the room for some time due to how stiff his back felt. It would be obvious by how dark it was that it was currently night time. No lights had been left on in the room and no notes from Keiichi had been placed anywhere in the room. Roshi knew his assignment, and words weren't necessary. However, as the cloudiness left his mind he would find his room locked from the inside and all of his windows closed. It was as though Roshi had locked himself away for some time to work on projects, raising the question of how whoever had brought him here had even managed to get out after putting him here.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: May 1 2018, 12:29 PM

Elite Member

Roshi's last word while still in the castle would be to suddenly go "Hot...!" and then fall over as the drug took effect. Spicy sake... That was a novel idea. He would wonder, later, if that would ever catch on. Eh, you never know.

Time passed, and Roshi Bento would eventually begin to stir, muttering to himself. Kinda' hard to work out what he was saying. Something about fish, sake, and giant robots. Not anything that one could find any coherancy in, unless you had been talking to him about some of his projects. Speaking of which, we were among them! We dunno who delivered him here, but they would see him curious crafts and something like a big salmon costume...next to the rubber sumo-suit and the Bruce Lee yellow martial arts suit.

This place was indeed a studio, not a bedroom. Roshi was not allowed to sleep in the dorms, because of an argument won by his father against the Bugei staff. However, he was to have a dorm room anyway, so why not use it for another purpose? Yes, that was most-definitely acceptable. As a result, supplies for painting - paints, canvas, tarps, scrolls, etc. - were all over the place, as well as properly-stored clay, various tools for carving and chiseling, and also...some dominoes. Yes, he was never going to be fully-rid of those.

The young artist felt his body return to life, though slowly and stiffly, and then...his cellphone rang. Roshi groaned, and began to crawl towards it without focus. He picked it up and answered automatically, not even bothering to see who it was that called.

"Roshi, are you alright? I've been trying to reach you for hours."

"...Hatto-san?"

"The one and only. You alright? You don't sound so good."

He WAS disoriented, but he had to think of a good answer quick, or else Hakuro would guess that something was up.

"I guess I'm overworked. Did...did I fall asleep in here?"

"Must have. Where are you?"

Good question. He looked around.

"I'm in my dorm. Definitely working too hard. Dad'll have a fit if he found out I passed out on the floor like this."

"You really need to get your folks straightened out, Roshi."

"Like that would ever happen... Did you need something from me?"

"It wasn't anything that couldn't wait. Go get some sleep."

"Alright. Later."

He hung up, looking around. It looked like they took him here, didn't explain anything to his family or friends, and...good god, did they lock this place from the inside?! Did they crawl out through the air vent and re-screw it into place from the inside? That's how HE would do it... Still, Roshi began to slowly get to his feet.

Damn ninjas... Now, I have to get back home and make sure mom doesn't notice me coming in. If she sees me, she'll know I was drugged.

Her mother was a nurse, after all, and quite good at her job. Thus began Roshi's secret battle against everything. From now on, it was all looking over his shoulder for fox masks and leaping for cover...or something.

--------------------
PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: May 12 2018, 04:42 AM

Story Teller

Kai woke slowly and silently. He could hear the soft chirping of birds, the crickets and the wind and that was all. IT was dark before he even opened his eyes, he could tell that it was nighttime. His eyes adjusted to the darkness quickly and soon he found himself in a barn, He figured he'd be on the outskirts of Edo. Looking outside the barn doors he could see the city in the background shining in the night sky. He stood up slowly moving his arms and back to loosen himself up. He wondered how long he'd been out for, that drug wasn't weak stuff after all.

He looked down at the ground and his eyebrows rose as he spotted the small child sleeping. It hit him once again how young she was, she was fast asleep. Kai didn't bother waking her, after all it was dark, the dark might be scary for the young child. He moved over to the swords that had been places that and attached them to his belt without much effort. He also put his relic on over his red eye. As the relic touched his skin he felt a sense of comfort, like holding a precious treasure after not having it for a long time.

Looking around he saw nothing else. He reached into his jacket and pulled out his phone. He called Aizen and asked him to deliver a car to a street he knew was nearby. Aizen didn't ask why he needed it, he trusted Kai. With that Kai gently picked the girl up. She stirred in his arms a little and he hushed her. "Shh, go back to sleep, I've got us a car. We'll be on the road for a while you need your rest. We'll be heading to Kofu first."

The girl put up no protest and instead curled into the Hitokiri's arms. With that she soon fell asleep. And Kai made his way towards the car that would be waiting for them. Hopefully things would go smoothly and he'd be back to work in Edo soon. However, for now... the silence was welcome.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY