Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Grinding Gears (Kayoko)
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 04:25 PM

Bugei Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Awards: None

Kayoko kept to nod and hum at her sentences, like she was making in the meantime long notes out from her words. Be free, find your limits... it sounded hard since her own Relic was just like her: light, thin, delicate and fragile, the complete opposite of her apparently, whatever her powers were to be resistant enough to self inflict such hit.

If she did that to test her own limits, she would've broken a bone for sure.

"Then... then we might still try once, then twice, I wanna know how far I can get then!" She lastly ended with more determination filling her heart and "polishing" her Relic. If she really gave her that possibility, she wouldn't miss it.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 05:00 PM

Elite Member

Member No.: 77

"Fantastic." Bu clapped her hands together and a huge smile appeared on her face. She reached over and patted Kayoko on the shoulder. "You should tell me what kinds of things you can do right now though. My friend makes stuff explode and has some fireball stuff that she does with her spear. If yours is different, Ah gotta come up with a different set of exercises, doncha know."

This would be an awesome chance to test how her stone held up against a new kind of attack. It did ok against fire and could do stand against a light strike from the spear. But the explosions still sent her flying. A new opponent to train with, maybe Kayoko would be the one to actually hurt Bu.

Bu pulled out her phone, tapped a few icons and held it out to Kayoko. "Let's exchange emails, you can let me know when you have some free time and we'll work something out."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 10:46 AM

Bugei Student

"O-Oh, sure! Well, uhm... honestly I am pretty much based on middle range attacks with my twin fans. They make strong winds able to knock down objects, or person when I focus long enough in my Relic. Since they're in steel, they're quite harmful if I hit somebody with those closed, so even without my powers they're still dangerous, heh." She explained as she took out one and unfolded it with a swift yet elegant flick of her wrist.
The texture was simple, a thick fabric with a bit of reinforcement on the upper borders to make it more solid and stable. There were no Clan Logos on it, making clear that she comes from a simple Clanless family. Honestly she never cared of them, too.
With a second flick of her wrist, the fan was closed, hissing a metallic whisper in its fast and precise movement given.

She gave a brief nod to her after the explanations, then she took out her little agenda off her suit to check where's her personal e-mail to give. "There, it's written here." She said as she kept the page open in front of Bu, pinched in between her thumb, index and middle finger.
"And above it there's my cellphone, so you can call or text me outside the lessons time."
In her tone lingered her excitement to actually try and test how her skills were enhanced by the precious Relic she wields, even more against someone else that wasn't her brother nor a Teacher.

Once that Bu seemed done with that, she placed the booklet on the desk and picked out her pen to write down hers on a new page. Later in her dorm room she'll add Bu's informations in her own phone.

"Perfect! I'll make sure to arrive in time when we'll decide for a day to start our training. For now have a pleasant permanence here, and good luck with your motorbike project!"

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 06:54 PM

Elite Member

Member No.: 77

Bu was definitely interested. Her biggest issue when it came to fights was how easily people seemed to toss her around. Strangling was a close second but she'd found a pretty successful way to get out of that, it just took a little presence of mind and a strong grip. Also a lack of scruples but when it came to Bu, that was a given. Her artifact had tried to adapt to keep her on the ground, but that was pretty limited. She would prefer to be able to move too, and it didn't last nearly long enough to be a really viable turtling maneuver.

The fans were pretty cool too, her own artifact was slightly less showy than those, but no less fancy. At least she had the option to go around with hers hidden but still active. Things like the spear or those fans were a lot harder and patently obvious to somebody looking for them. Probably wouldn't be of much use while riding a bike, but very few things were. Bu reached over and took back her phone.

"Luck is what Ah'm gonna need, that and money." Bu grinned. "Good meeting you, good luck with your...books and whatever you've got." She realized that she had no idea, but it didn't really matter. Even if she did, Kayoko was probably doing some kind of school work and that was of zero interest to Bu.

"Ah look forward to your call. Maybe we can get together all three of us at some point and have a big group thing sometime. Course, not yet. It's hard enough setting up a satisfying exercise for one person, let alone taking two people at once, doncha know."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 03:36 PM

Bugei Student

I can do that, I could... But then she silenced her thoughts, in no way she could already handle two Scions at once, either if it was in a training session or in a serious battle.

A step at a time, a step at a time.
She lowered her head a moment, then she nodded at her with resolution. It will be enough also her alone.

"I'll give you an answer when possible, if I can also this evening!" She lastly reassured with a bright and confident smile towards her.
That was a sealed promise between them.

Calmly she picked back her books from the table, where they rested all this time of their meeting, and took her way out of the building, but not without looking behind at her one last time, sure that this isn't the last time she met her.

"Again, have a nice day, Bu."

THREAD END

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY