Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Kurome Huzaki's Journal, A small notebook in the top drawer
Mezua
 Posted: Aug 24 2016, 03:41 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 64

Awards: None

Kurome Huzaki
June 1st, 2016
9:45pm

I decided to start a journal because of the recent earthquakes. If anyone were to pick this journal up and be confused, let me fill you in.

My name is Kurome Huzaki. I am a second year at Edo Bugei in Japan. I am a scion, meaning I have an item that has been passed down from my ancestors and was bound to me upon birth. It gives me special powers, meaning I am put in more serious situations than 'normal' students. I have three close family members. My father, Maasato Huzaki, who owns a dojo. He taught me everything I know. My mother, Naomi Huzaki, who runs a bookstore. And my other, Keeichi Huzaki. He's 6, so he's just a kid.

On May 28th, 2016, a massive earthquake hit our town and surrounding areas. Our school was almost destroyed. Our dorms were destroyed. People lost their lives. I was apart of ta relief mission to help others who were stuck in a mall that had crumbled. We managed to save a few people, but the mall crumbled before we were able to complete our rescue efforts. Many people died.

Today at the school they held a funeral for the two teachers who passed away in the quakes. Saika-sensei and Cross-sensei. May they rest in the eternal light that watches over them.

I'm keeping a journal in case I, too, were to lose my life in another natural disaster, or worse. If I am apart of another relief mission, or something that requires war, fighting, or worse...
I may very well be injured.
I'm writing to share my story, in case of the worse possible outcome.

--------------------
PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: Aug 24 2016, 04:16 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jun 9th, 2016
3:15pm

I'm finally settled in my apartment. It took a few weeks. The first night was the hardest. I unpacked everything and I got settled. It's lonely and different. The apartments provide a longer walk to the school but the school also provides transportation. I prefer to walk. It clears my head and allows me to remain fit for training.

Classes are going well. Everything seems to have resumed back to normal, besides the dreaded sadness that just hits you when you walk into the school. It's.. disheartening.

I'm trying to make friends. I met two girls, Yuubae Suuishoku and Konda Aiko, along with Shiro (who I'm sure is the son of some large clan I think), and Izuki Kai. I mean, I knew Kai before of course. We used to train a lot. He always beats me. And critiques my moves! My father owns a dojo I have no idea why he think he's better...

Anyways. Things are going well, so far. My family is okay. They survived the quake and noone in town was harmed.

I hope it gets easier.

--------------------
PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: Aug 24 2016, 04:28 PM

Bugei Adventurer

August 10th,2016
11:13pm

A lot has happened since my last journal post. Mostly normal things like school and classes. People having breakdowns in calls over their lost favorites teachers. Relief efforts at the school and in the city..

The biggest one I wanted to write out was some exciting news I just received! I just got an email around 10pm from Izuki Kai (ick. But he has a good singing voice... and he has nice eyes..) asking me and a few others to be tested to be Elite students!!

I replied as soon as I could write a reply out. He wants us to meet at a hotel and talk over the details. I saw three uniforms, so he picked two others. I wonder who they are? I haven't met many people here. I've been trying to focus on classes and such. Maybe being elite will give me a reason to make more friends. I hope I pass! I wonder what the test is? Oh boy!

I'll update you once I know more!

--------------------
PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: Aug 24 2016, 05:26 PM

Bugei Adventurer

August 27th, 2016
2:00pm

I turned 18th on August 24th and I had a wonderful birthday party at the bath house! So many people showed up and I received so many presents! A beautiful charm bracelet, some sweets from Eriko's hometown (I'm eating one as I write this!), a pink kimono with a short skirt, a hair bow with a dojo symbol stitched into the fabric (This is my favorite), a small butterfly hairclip, a silk kimono with swirly patterns on it, a hard-copy of Tokugawa Ieayasu's biography wrapped properly, a bokken covered with velvety black cloth with the Tokugawa and Honda clan's crest, made of a rare hard-wood of the highest quality, and a dark purple kimono with floral pattern adorning the upper mid-section (These all look like they're from the same person!), and an adorable stuffed panda from Yuimko!
I made a lot of friends and had a blast. The party was a great idea and it seemed to lighten up the mood within the school. I'm so glad I could help everyone get their mind off the earthquakes.

I also just got back from Elite training with Eriko and Suishoku! It was easy at first. We wandered through the forest, making marks as we passed, and found this beautiful cave with a waterfall and a pool in front of it. We stayed the night in there, making sure we were safe before continuing on. After that it rained all day. We mostly sat around inside, deciding how to ration our food...

--Post will be edited to include birthday party details as well as elite training--

--------------------
PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: Oct 10 2016, 01:27 PM

Bugei Adventurer

September 22, 2016
11:15pm

Today was both a good and a bad day. We had a morning festival to remember those we lost in the earthquake, as a memorial. It was very relaxing and nice. It was sad, however, bringing it back up. I kind of wish we could get over it, stop living in the past, and rebuild. It's okay though, because it's good to have something like this so that we can move on, knowing our dead are at peace and are still loved.

After the memorial, I found the dueling arena and signed me and Iziki Kai up for the battle. This allowed us to re-do the battle from the first time we met, so I could prove to him that I have improved! During the fight he injured my shoulder and fell on top of me, because I tripped him. The fight was good, though!

--to be edited to include details of both threads found HERE(memorial) and also here.(duel)--

--------------------
PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: Jan 19 2017, 02:44 PM

Bugei Adventurer

October 9th, 2016
2:31p.m.

It's been almost a week since my last mission. The mission was to protect the Shogun during the annual walk to the Shrines for Higan-e, to honor the dead. It was a rough mission. This whole week has been hard for everyone...
Me, kai, and the Shogun's daughter Eiko were chosen to make the hotel preparations, meaning we didn't have to do the walk to the hotel. Which was nice, I enjoyed that. However we did have to march from the hotel to the shrine, which was not as bad as I thought it would be.

When we got there, the shrine was in flames. We were surrounded by monks who had turned against their god, and now they were following a Silver Haired Warrior that was in charge. They tried to hurt the shogun by blocking off the steps to the shrine, however me, Suishoku, Eriko, Kai, and a few others were protecting the Shogun on the shrine.

It was a rought battle. One of our classmates died... Ironic considering we were honoring the dead. What a cruel way to celebrate Higan-E. Kai lost his eye protecting me from the silver haired warrior...
I should thank him.

The shogun is safe, the warrior is gone, for now. He promised he would come back, and that Edo has fallen. I'm worried for the future. How much more can we take? How many more lives have to be lost before we give in and lose our own battles? I'm not sure how much more I can take of this.

I really hope it gets easier...

--------------------
PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: Jan 19 2017, 02:57 PM

Bugei Adventurer

October 12
8:00p.m.

I bought a cheesy thank you card and signed it. I wrote a little note in it too, for Kai. Because he saved my life. I couldn't be more grateful, but I'm not sure what else to do. I guess a cheesy card is okay. And maybe a gift card to the lunch buffet...

I'm not sure.

This is stupid, what am I doing?
I don't need to thank him...do I?

Ugh.

I'm going to do it. I'll deliver it later this week...

Wish me luck!

[Thread]

--------------------
PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: Jan 19 2017, 03:14 PM

Bugei Adventurer

January 2nd, 2017
1:54pm

Whew, what a crazy few months it's been! Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year; ahh!

I went home for the holidays to see my family. Dad is doing good as usual, and mom expanded her shop! I'm so proud of her. My little brother has grown up so much. He might be attending Edo Bugei in a few years! I'm so excited for him. Dad says I should try to get a part time job somewhere so I might go into town to apply for jobs soon..

Christmas was good! I got a lot of nice things. A new kimono, since my favorite one was ripped during Higan-E, a brush, a gift card, some new shoes, a laptop! I can do my homework in the dorm now instead of on the school computers!

New Year's was good as well! When I returned from home to the school there was a festival to celebrate the new year. I saw a lot of new faces and I'm excited to meet and make new friends. This might be my last year at Edo, and I'm afraid to leave. I love this place, I've made so many memories and friends. Maybe I could get a part time job here..

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY