Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 3/8/2017Spring has come. The war with the Ikko Ikki monks has begun! The Bugei students set off to various areas of Japan in the first war the country has seen in nearly 200 years! What will happen as monks and samurai clash? FIND OUT!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Center Meets West (Nobu x Shinsuke) (Closed)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 9 2016, 12:40 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

Suzu

Hyuga felt so far away from Omi Province. From Omi province one had to travel by train to Osaka. From Osaka one then got on a boat and traveled for hours until they reached the southern area of Kyushu. Right now a ten year old Azai Nobuyori was on such a boat. Currently the young Azai didn't have his trademakr blond hair yet. Instead his hair was a dark shade with a short cut, fitting for a future prince. He was also dressed in a very nice button up shirt, nice pants, and expensive shoes. He was with a very young Azai Kaori, as well as his mother and father.

The lords of Omi Province, the Azai clan, currently set sail towards the Todo clan controlled province of Hyuga. The two clans had always been close. The most famous lord of the Todo, Todo Takatora, had begun as a soldier under Azai Nagamasa. The difference was the Azai had been destroyed and the Todo survived. The Todo clan, an unbroken line since the Sengoku Era, actually aided Nobu's family in re-building their clan. The Todo always acted as diplomats for the Tokugawa. Given how far they where stationed from each other the two clans talked often but rarely met.

Today, the Azai family was finally going to Hyuga. They Todo clan had invited them for a nice meal and visit to talk about how to improve relations between various clans and so the Todo could help set up trade networks in central japan. After a long travel the boat the Azai traveled on arrived at a large port in Hyuga. In the distance a castle larger than their own could be seen. After all, it was said the Todo happened to be master builders. They also had more wealth and power than the Azai due to being a continuing clan that had always supported the Tokugawa. Nobuyori couldn't help but look at up at the huge castle in absolute awe.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Nov 10 2016, 05:08 PM

Story Teller

Member No.: 10

In Hyuga the past week had been a flurry of activity and preparation. It was not uncommon for clan dignitaries to pay a visit to the home of the Todo clan of course. As the leading diplomats for the Tokugawa it was very common for them to be involved in major social events as well as meeting with a wide range of important personages. This was to be a bit more major of an event than their last few undertakings however. Going back to their famous lord, Takatora, they had long been intertwined with the Azai clan. Though the latter had faded for a time their fates seemed inextricably intertwined. When the clan had been reformed the Todo had played an integral role.

Since the reestablishment of the Azai they had not had occasion to have a meeting between the two clans alone. Therefore no expense had been spared in preparation for the visitation. While the lord of the Todo and his wife had busily overseen these, a nine-year-old Shinsuke had been playing with his sisters. It kept them out of the servants' way, not that Shinsuke minded playing with them. In fact he enjoyed it a great deal - they were possibly his closest friends, he felt responsible for looking after them, and no idea was so silly that he wouldn't try it out. If they wanted to play princesses, that was fine! That's what they'd been doing in the morning - he'd had to stop the game prematurely so they could get ready for the visit by the Azai.

When the visiting clan arrived they would find a wide array of finely dressed servants waiting to greet them, lined up just inside the castle gate. Not ones to keep distinguished guests waiting, the ruling Todo family were gathered as well. It had taken half the morning to get the children ready for the visit, all dressed and prepared in traditional clothing. Shinsuke was getting a bit impatient as they all waited for the Azai to finally arrive. He had longer hair than he would later in life, down to his shoulders but pulled up into a top knot for the meeting. Meanwhile his sisters Yukiand Inori had gotten extra primping in anticipation of other potential outcomes of the meeting. His parents, unbeknownst to Shinsuke, were hoping to see how the girls interacted with the Azai heir Nobuyori. Should there be chemistry it might be fortuitous to negotiate an arrangement to that end. Both girls were only a year apart from Shinsuke, so the age difference shouldn't be too big to overcome.

When the Azai finally appeared, Shinsuke felt a bit of relief. Standing around to wait for their arrival had gotten pretty obnoxiously boring. The little games he played in his mind to keep himself occupied had only gotten so far. Now that they were here it was going to be better. More exciting. He'd heard they had a son around his age, so there would be someone to talk to other than his sisters. Getting another boy he could talk to was a pretty big thing for the Todo heir. His brother was only two, so there wasn't much to be said for conversation there. Upon the arrival of their guests, he bowed along with his parents and sisters, though he looked up to see if he could spot the Azai boy.

Meanwhile his father Hiroaki announced, "The Todo clan humbly welcomes you to its home and offers you the warmest greetings, Azai of Omi. Please make yourselves at home for the duration of your stay."

After further formalities he added, "Allow me to introduce my wife Lady Motoko, my son Shinsuke and my daughters Yuki and Inori."

Shinsuke added, as instructed, "I welcome you to our home."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 10:25 PM

Administrator

The boat finally docked. After days of travel Nobuyori was glad to get off the boat. As his mother, father, and little sister followed they had an elderly man follow them. He had long white hair and a white beard. The Green and gold katana and short sword at his side showed he was a samurai of the highest order. This man was a senior retainer and guard of the Azai clan. As the five got into a very nice car with the Todo clan seal on the side they would drive for a while up to the large castle overlooking the town. Upon arrival they would find a long line of service staff, and a family eagerly awaiting them.

The Todo clan humbly welcomes you to its home and offers you the warmest greetings, Azai of Omi. Please make yourselves at home for the duration of your stay." The clear elder of the family said. He was obviously the head of the Todo clan. He stood next to his wife, song, and two daughters.

Nobuyori's father, the current lord of the Azai, gave a deep bow. He was a very casual looking man with neck length black hair, wearing a blue kimono with gold Azai crests all over it. Next to him stood Lady Azai, a very serious and pale woman with a slender face but worn hands. She was a hard working woman who had started as a peasant. Then came Nobuyori, his younger sister Kaori in a pink yukata, and their senior bodyguard. All five gave a deep bow as Nobuyori's father spoke up.

"Thank you for having us Lord Todo. It has been a long time since we last talked. I trust your family are doing well?" and with that he moved his children in front of him.
"This is my son Nobuyori and my daughter Kaori. I see you've a few youngsters of your own." he said with a large smile.
"As well as my wife, and our senior bodyguard." and with that the lady Azai and the senior bodyguard gave a deep bow.
"I am glad our families could find time to meet. I look forward to staying with your family for the next few days. I have ordered these two to be on their best behavior." he said as he rubbed his children's hair.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Nov 18 2016, 03:24 PM

Story Teller

Both families exchanged very formal greetings with one another, just as the Todo always offered visiting clans. Today being their first meeting with the newly restored Azai in a very long time, the lord of the Todo had been very explicit with the children. Especially Shinsuke. These were very important guests and friends, to be treated with the utmost courtesy and deference. It was to be the clan heir's job to entertain the Azai children, or at least ensure they were all welcome and comfortable. A test of what he'd learned about diplomacy thus far in his young life.

It wouldn't be hard to tell by observing the Todo that the two girls were fairly close to their elder brother. In the presence of unknown guests they had moved a little closer to Shinsuke, who in turn gestured to them to indicate they should move back to where they were. He could tell that Yuki just didn't seem interested in interacting with the Azai boy, given her somewhat sour expression. Inori had always been shy and if she could have hidden behind her brother she would have. Though he cared for his sisters, Shinsuke dearly hoped they'd get along with the Azai clan's daughter. Maybe make a new friend. That way he could do boy stuff with the son. Yeah, that's what he'd do! Meanwhile the adults were continuing formalities and small talk.

"It is our pleasure, Lord Azai. It has truly been too long since we've had occasion to speak," the Todo clan lord spoke, "We are doing as well as can be, thank you most graciously for asking."

Then he followed suit and had his own children move in front of him. Yuki had let her sour expression subside, but looked disinterested in being there. Inori was more composed but had taken a hold of Shinsuke's sleeve. Shinsuke for his part was as formal as a nine year old could be. In fact he even smiled a little bit as he led the Todo children in bowing yet again.

"It's nice to meet you," they all said, in varying audibles.

"You need not worry, my children have also been asked to be on good behavior. It is important to us that your family enjoy your time here," Lord Todo replied to the Azai lord with a gentle smile, "Now that formalities have been completed, would you like a tour of our home? We would be honored to show you and your wife the grounds. Of course if your children would rather spend time with ours, perhaps playing? I will be happy to have one of our bodyguards watch over them."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 09:46 PM

Administrator

"Now that formalities have been completed, would you like a tour of our home? We would be honored to show you and your wife the grounds. Of course if your children would rather spend time with ours, perhaps playing? I will be happy to have one of our bodyguards watch over them."

Lord Azai's wife smiled widely. She had never seen such a large castle before outside of Edo or Osaka and Nobuyori's father, the Lord Azai, smiled whole heartedly.
"Absolutely. I trust your men Lord Todo." with that Nobuyori's mother and father walked over to the leaders of the Azai clan, their senior bodyguard in toe as he bowed politely to the Lord and Lady Todo.
"I hope you don't mind Lord Todo, my senior bodyguard has been with me since I was a small child. He doesn't like the thought of leaving me outside of his sight in a foreign province, even if we are allies." coming from anyone else it would have sounded like an excuse, however the senior bodyguard of the Azai had been extremely polite thus far and even had coverings on both of his sword handles, to clearly show he meant no harm.

Meanwhile Nobuyori and his sister Kaori walked over to the Todo children. Nobuyori looked Shinsuke up and down. They seemed about the same age. Kaori, on the other hand, seemed closer to the age of Shinsuke and Nobu rather than his sisters. Nobuyori and Kaori both bowed politely.
"Hi, I'm Nobuyori. Future prince of the Azai." he said it with absolute confidence, puffing out his chest a bit as he spoke. From even this young age Nobuyori was proud to be the future lord of his clan. Meanwhile Kaori smiled at the Todo girls.
"I'm Kaori. Nice to meet you!" she said bubbily as she waved a bit.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 05:20 PM

Story Teller

Lord Todo looked to be considering the request of the Azai to retain a personal guard on their tour. Under other circumstances he would have doubted the veracity of the request and questioned it. The Azai were allies to the Todo, though, and the guard had gone out of his way to show deference. After a moment's consideration he nodded and smiled ever so slightly. Lady Todo meanwhile had been smiling politely since introductions had been made. It wasn't as often as she would have liked that they received visitors in such a peaceful situation as this.

"As you trust my men, I too trust yours, Lord Azai. Your senior bodyguard may accompany us," Lord Todo agreed, then motioned for the visiting lord and lady to follow him, "Come, we have much to show you today! So long as you are under this roof please make yourself completely at home. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable you need only ask."

Lady Todo meanwhile chimed in, "We've recently concluded restoration of the west wing of our home, with permission from the Shogun. There is a new dojo as well, should you like to train while you are visiting."

-----------------

With the children was one of the Todo's more experienced guards, who made sure to maintain his distance so as not to trespass on their interactions. Shinsuke took time to look Nobuyori and Kaori up and down as well, trying to decide what to do. While the boy was maybe a little older than him, the girl was probably his own age or close to it. Hopefully, he thought with a mental sigh, his sisters wouldn't insist he play with them and the Azai girl to the exclusion of Nobuyori. Or just as awkwardly insist on Shinsuke playing a less than manly role in some game. Not in front of the very confident Nobuyori - he had to look just as good as the visiting boy, no questions asked.

"Future prince? So you're n-" Yuki began to speak up after Nobuyori's bold statement, only to cut herself off after a stern look from Shinsuke. He really didn't want to mess this up.

"Hi Nobuyori, I'm Shinsuke," the Todo boy replied with welcoming smile. Though he didn't showboat as much as his guest, Shinsuke did stiffen his posture to affect a more commanding presence.

Yuki, a bit annoyed at being cut off by her brother, looked to Kaori and.. actually smiled, "Nice to meet you too. Wanna play away from the boys? It'll be way more fun."

Inori stayed quiet, aside from keeping close to her brother while saying, "... h-hi.. I'm Inori.."

Shinsuke rolled his eyes - this was going to be difficult, he just knew it. Ignoring Yuki being Yuki, he asked Nobuyori, "So what do you like to do? Any games or stuff that we can do together?"

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 12:23 AM

Administrator

As the children's parents talked Lord Azai smiled wide.
"A new dojo? Not a bad idea." he thought of his own back at home and grinned. Meanwhile Lady Azai moved to Lady Todo's side.
"Boys will be boys, no matter the age." she said giggling a bit.
"I'm curious to see what fashions you have for kimonos here in Kyushu." The look in her eyes clearly curious as opposed to simply asking for conversation. Many people wouldn't know it but in spite of being from a commoner's background Lady Azai had rather good taste in fashion and would pass it on to her daughter Kaori.
"Also I here Kyushu has many strong men. I imagine Lord Todo's samurai must be quite strong." Lady Azai said, offering a compliment to the rulers of the castle.
"I wouldn't mind seeing them myself." Lord Azai said with a large grin.

The air felt different here. This place, Kyushu, was a lot warmer than Omi province and the humidity was intense. More than that, however, the people of Kyushu cooked different foods and even talked differently. It was almost like being in a different country compared to back home. It was a bit overwhelming as Nobuyori looked at the castle wide eyed. It really was a lot larger than their own and even Kaori couldn't help but look around at the castle grounds and then the actual castle itself. Even the amount of Samurai walking around was more than their own men back home.

"Hi Nobuyori, I'm Shinsuke," he said. Nobuyori smiled wide.
"I don't get to play with many other guys my own age. Life in a castle gets kind of stuffy don't you think?" he said with a laugh similar to his father's. Meanwhile Shinsuke's sister went over to Kaori
"Nice to meet you too. Wanna play away from the boys? It'll be way more fun." Kaori looked back at Nobu and Shinsuke and nodded a bit.
"Um, are you sure your sister doesn't want to come with us too?" Kaori asked.

Meanwhile the third Todo child talked quietly, introducing herself to Nobu.
"... h-hi.. I'm Inori.." she said. Nobu smiled a bit and bowed.
"It is nice to meet you Princess Inori." then turned and did the same to Shinsuke's sister near Kaori.

"So what do you like to do? Any games or stuff that we can do together?" Shinsuke asked. Nobu thought a bit. There wasn't much he liked in terms of noble stuff. His father had recently bought him a portable gaming system and he had become pretty wrapped up in it. Sadly he wasn't allowed to bring it on his trip. Thinking for a minute he did think of something.
"Do you guys do a lot of things for fun? I mean, I like sailing, and archery I guess." he said. Mostly he just did a lot of what his mom, Dad, and teachers wanted him to do. He knew a bit of martial arts with his naginata but not much unfortunately.
"Have your parents let you do martial arts training yet?" he asked Shinsuke.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Nov 30 2016, 03:00 PM

Story Teller

The parents continued to move at a leisurely pace through the Todo home as they spoke. Lord Todo proved adept at moving from traditional formality to casual 'boy talk' as it were.
"It seemed like a good idea to ensure future generations of the Todo have a place to hone their martial skills. We aren't simply diplomats after all."

Meanwhile Lady Todo nodded slightly to Lady Azai, "We could always venture into downtown to have a look if you would like. Perhaps we can take the girls with us, they may enjoy it?" In truth she was quite grateful to have another woman in the household whom she felt she could speak freely to. The serving ladies were, in her opinion, not privy to a noblewoman's thoughts. Among those thoughts were concern that one of her daughters might not be marriageable if she kept making use of that dojo that Lord Todo was so proud of.

Her husband meanwhile smirked a bit at his guest's compliment, "But of course. The Todo househould is guarded by the strongest men on all of Kyushu. Should you like to see them you need only make a request and it shall be done."

With guests from Omi, it was easy to begin wondering what that place was like. Shinsuke had never been there himself on any visits but he'd heard his father speaking of it at length. According to the lord of the clan it was a beautiful place fitting for a noble clan known for its bravery. He wondered how big their castle was - was it as big as this one? Shinsuke would have to find out this kind of thing from the Azai children. Did they have a lot of samurai to help protect and train members of the clan? Maybe more importantly he wondered how many friends Nobuyori and his sister had been able to make. It wasn't as easy for Shinsuke as he would've liked, but maybe today was a chance to change that.

"Yeah, it does get kind of boring sometimes when you're in a castle all the time. I don't really get to play with other boys either," Shinsuke replied, relieved to find they had something in common. Now if only Yuki would behave just a bit more.

"Huh, Inori? I think she'd have way more fun too," Yuki agreed with her Azai counterpart, "But she's always sticking with Shinsuke for some reason. Unless Suzume-san is around, but.. Suzume-san is kind of scary."

When Nobuyori greeted them both, the girls had different reactions. Yuki was still a little off-put by him and made a point of looking away from him back at Kaori instead. Inori on the other hand bowed in return, as if thanking Nobu for the gesture. She wasn't exactly hiding behind Shinsuke now but she was still a bit nervous about all of this. They didn't exactly get enough visitors close to her age that she could talk to. Shinsuke knew that she seemed to worry about saying the wrong thing or having people think she was weird. This visit he hoped would help her come out of that shell a bit.

"We play Noble's Court," Yuki responded to Nobu's question even though she hadn't been asked. No explanation was given of what this meant other than, "Shinsuke is the head of the court of course, since he's so pr-"

"Weeeelll..." Shinsuke interrupted her before she could finish the thought, "We do go for hikes sometimes, and we've started learning some calligraphy. That can be surprisingly fun."

Realizing those might not be the kinds of things Nobuyori enjoyed, he added, "My father just got me a game system, but he keeps telling me I should limit my time on it. Maybe he won't mind if I'm playing it with someone else?"

It was the question about training that suddenly got Inori's expression to brighten up. Shinsuke glanced at her, thought it over and then answered, "They said all three of us can try some simple things. I'm afraid I'm not that good at it yet.. Inori has tried too." The girl nodded more enthusiastically than one might expect for such a shy child, but this just seemed to annoy Yuki a bit more.

"Come on, Inori, let's play together with Kaori-chan," she insisted, rolling her eyes at the very notion of martial arts training, "It can be just us princesses." With that she somewhat firmly took Inori's hand and tugged her over to join the girls.

Trying to salvage the moment Shinsuke asked, "What about you? Do your parents let you do any training?"

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 11:29 PM

Administrator

As the men carried on about combat Lady Azai nodded to Lady Todo
"I, think it may be best to leave the two of them alone. They already seem lost in their own world." she said as she shook her head a bit. Her husband had started doing a few quick punches into the air with a smile, talking to Lord Todo about how he wouldn't mind a bit of afternoon sparing and seeing how strong the men of Kyushu happened to be.
"It has been a long time since I have taken on a man from Kyushu. I wouldn't mind." the Azai's old bodyguard said with a focused look in his eyes. The old man seemed ready for combat, even more so than Lord Azai.
"Men may grow older but they neer actually grow up!" she said, loud enough to make sure her husband could hear her. Then she instantly broke out laughing a bit before turning back to Lady Todo.
"Shall we?" she asked smiling rather wide.

============================

As the children talked Kaori didn't say much. Instead she just watched the boys interact. Shinsuke was certainly pretty in his own way. The girl was also curious about the Todo sisters. One of them seemed as refined as their mother, while the other one clearly liked hanging around the boys much and seemed to perk up a little at the thought of combat. Kaori imagined herself somewhere between the two of them, but definitely leaning away from the interest in combat. When talk of what games they usually played came up she couldn't help but giggle. All three Todo siblings certainly had a lot of energy.

Meanwhile Nobuyori just kind of went along with the craziness as the girls seemed to go off and do their own thing. With the air finally settling Shinsuke turned to Nobuyori.
"What about you? Do your parents let you do any training?" but he shook his head a bit.
"Not, a lot of training really. I mostly watch my bodyguards train. Dad really enjoys boats so I'm pretty well trained in doing stuff on the water." sadly that was about it. A young Nobuyori hadn't really done much combat training yet. Being a naval focused clan, however, the Azai certainly did a lot of with boats and Nobuyori had been taken out on the waters of Lake Biwa multiple times with his father. He would often to be ordered to carry out essential tasks for boating like making sure various parts of the boat worked and checking weather charts.
"My parents don't allow me to play video games at our home. Mom says it will ruin my studying. Though, dad still lets me." Nobu said with a large grin.
"What games do you guys have?"

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 07:42 PM

Story Teller

"There are times when great women must leave their husbands to their games while they conclude business. That's the only way things get done sometimes," Lady Todo spoke quite seriously in response to Lady Azai, her expression suggesting that she was joking. She was known in noble circles to be both incredibly demure and ladylike while also possessing the ability to precisely analyze evidence and solve disputes. Sometimes she honestly believed she was the main diplomat of the Todo with how distracted her husband could be. While not an accurate account of his ability, she'd always given him a hard time about it.

"We have many strong men of course," Lord Todo went on with a confident smirk, "But if you really wish for a test, there is one particular warrior of ours you should see in action. I have entrusted the protection of my children to them."

Lady Todo's serious expression wavered as she obscured a light laugh behind her kimono sleeve. A woman must be ladylike even in casual company after all. That was a value she'd worked hard to pass on to her daughters. At the other Lady's question she nodded.

"Yes, let's," she agreed, her smile still subtle but widening, "Would you like to take the girls with us, or shall we make this a proper Ladies' day out?"

The three Todo siblings were approaching the interaction in different ways as a consensus seemed to be building for who to play with and what to play. Yuki was dead set on avoiding anything that was overtly masculine. She actually had a great distaste for conflict and preferred to do things which built partnership instead of enemies. So the idea of sparring was so distasteful that she'd gotten a bit more upset than usual. Just imagine her brother doing all that... competitive boy stuff with Nobuyori! Much better to stick with Kaori and hope that Shinsuke wouldn't get too macho from this visit.

Inori had been a bit excited about the mention of martial arts, but things didn't seem to be going that way now. As the boys appeared to be deciding on video games Inori dejectedly slunk back toward her sister and Kaori. She was fine with any and all girly activities. It was fine, and it was fun. Not very often did she get to show off her knack for martial arts to anyone outside the family. If Kaori looked she'd easily notice that Inori looked a bit depressed for some reason, yet didn't cling to Yuki as much as she did to Shinsuke.

"What do you wanna play, Kaori? We can do anything you want," Yuuki promised, then hugged Inori close with one arm, "And Inori's going to join us too!"

"I'm sure that if you want to try some training, my father would be happy to find an instructor. I guess I should try a little harder at it myself," Shinsuke told Nobuyori, "Just hope he doesn't ask Lady Suzume to mentor us.. she's kind of creepy." With that he nodded toward the entryway which led to the house proper. There in what appeared to be a man's formal robes stood a young woman with a high ponytail and a scowl on her face.

Not wanting to dwell on her presence he answered Nobu's question,"Now that you're our guest, I think the rules about video games aren't as important. I've only got a few games.. I just got Fighting Climax and that's pretty neat. There's also a couple of strategy games."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 13 2016, 12:04 AM

Administrator

As the men kept talking about combat and warriors Lady Todo asked Lady Azai about a proper day out. She was quick to agree to the idea as she kept glancing over at her rather unruly husband. She could swear that being out at sea so often gave the man's brain barnacles of it's own. Though she still loved him with all of her heart.
"I think we should let the children get to know each other. it is rare I find another woman who understands what it is like having a man child for a husband." she said, shaking her head a bit and giggling.

As the children seemed to split between boys and girls the three girls got together to talk about what they wanted to do. The two Todo girls seemed extremely different and if not for being sisters likely wouldn't have crossed paths much in a different life. As Kaori thought about the question of what to play inspiration struck.
"Do you two like flower arrangement? I've been learning it recently!" she said in an excited voice. Flower arrangement was a careful art that Kaori's mother wanted her to learn in order to be more noble and princess like, but even beyond the requirement for her to learn it she seemed to honestly enjoy flower arrangement as a formal art.

Meanwhile Shinsuke gazed at a young woman with a rather upset look on her face. Nobuyori didn't know they had female samurai here. None of the samurai back in Omi happened to be female so he was quite shocked. Though the woman looked just as nasty and intimidating as any other samurai he had ever seen. She must have been quite strong he reasoned.
"Woah, she is scary." he said a bit loudly. He wasn't quite good at whispering.

While Shinsuke then mentioned what games he had Nobuyori shrugged a bit. The thought of games practicing fighting seemed less appealing. He didn't really get to talk to boys his own age much and his father was rubbing off on him a bit.
"Do you have kendo practice weapons? We could try sparing." he tossed the idea out less as a forced thing and more an idea.
"If you want to fight on video games though alright." he didn't really know Shinsuke very well and like any two strangers meeting for the first time it was hard to sync up and figure out exactly what made the other person happy and what didn't. Nobu was young but if Shinsuke was just doing stuff to make Nobu happy then he would be bored, and in turn Nobu would become bored too. So Nobu hoped to find something they could both agree on. Of course, being children, both seemed indecisive.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Dec 13 2016, 03:38 PM

Story Teller

The lords of each clan continued carrying on as if they were both in junior high school, comparing warriors and their relative toughness. That was the impression Lady Todo had about the men of each clan respectively. It highly amused her to see her husband acting in such a manner. He was always so polite and mature - the very model of a proper diplomat - that to see him now was like seeing another person entirely. It would be beneficial to leave the two alone to discuss 'boy things' while she planned a proper day out with her Azai counterpart.

"You speak with wisdom, Lady Azai. It is just as rare that I see anyone who's capable of bringing out the childish side of my husband," she concurred, "If you aren't too tired from your journey here I will see to arranging transportation into the city."

After speaking with a servant briefly to arrange for the car, she turned back to her guest, "Here's hoping the children become fast friends. We truly want to strengthen the bonds between our families in a lasting way.. and I'll admit that my eldest son could use a friend who's a boy."

Both of the Todo girls listened eagerly as Kaori suggested that they try flower arrangement. Their differences emerged rather quickly again in their reactions to the proposition. Yuki nodded enthusiastically at the suggestion since she'd just been exposed to it herself. While she didn't seem to be too good at it yet she really liked how calm, relaxing and princess-y it was. Inori meanwhile nodded just a bit, uncertain if she could actually do it. She'd always skipped out on learning it because Lady Suzume always offered to teach her something new in the dojo when flower arrangement came up. Given the choice she'd always chosen the latter due to her own tastes and the company of the female samurai.

"That sounds like a lot of fun! I've been learning it too," Yuki exclaimed cheerfully, her sourness evaporating in the face of something fun being suggested. When her sister didn't say anything Yuki nudged Inori, who blinked in surprise.

Finally Inori agreed, "It... might be interesting.. I've never.. um.. tried.."

Shinsuke was a little relieved to see that Nobuyori seemed to be a bit intimidated by the samurai assigned to guard the children. Though he knew that samurai women weren't all that common in many places, Suzume wasn't even typical for the places where they were. The woman looked like she could draw her weapon and slice apart someone in mere seconds all at the drop of a hat. Perhaps that was why his father had shown her favor by giving her this assignment? Nobody would mess with children guarded by such a terrifying woman. He cringed when Nobuyori spoke aloud about her; he glanced over and noticed that Suzume had raised an eyebrow in annoyance. Or was it just to show she was listening?

Whatever the case he was quickly distracted by trying to figure out what to do with Nobuyori. The idea of games didn't really seem to be what the other boy was interested in at the moment. Considering that Shinsuke had been sneaking in time with his game system at night recently, maybe it was for the best. You could only do so much with them after all. What Nobuyori really seemed interested in was the dojo. An idea crossed his mind - maybe they could compromise!

"How about we try sparring first, then go for a walk around the castle? I'll show you all the super secret stuff my parents wouldn't tell you," Shinsuke promised, thinking this might be a neat plan of action. He then sighed as he added, "Just be ready to deal with Lady Suzume over there.. she's our dojo instructor."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 17 2016, 11:46 PM

Administrator

The adults and women both seemed to have their own plans set up as Shinsuke smiled at Nobuyori.
"How about we try sparring first, then go for a walk around the castle? I'll show you all the super secret stuff my parents wouldn't tell you," Nobu seemed excited about the idea. Even Kaori turned her head a bit, hearing the words. Both Azai siblings had figured such a huge castle would have a lot of interesting places to explore.
"Just be ready to deal with Lady Suzume over there.. she's our dojo instructor." and both Azai siblings looked at the rather intimidating woman near by.

Kaori shook her head a bit and looked at the Todo siblings. She had no intention of watching the boys get beat down by the intimidating woman. After all she had two girls to talk about flower arrangement with.
"Don't worry, even if you haven't done it before it isn't that difficult. We just need to go pick some flowers. Do you guys have a private garden?" she asked cheerfully. Though she still wanted to explore the castle, but that could come once her brother and the Todo body had managed to get their energy out.

Meanwhile Nobuyori kept looking at the intimidating woman, making sure to politely bow a bit. Turning back to Shinsuke the young Azai gulped a bit. The woman did seem rather strong and he would be lying if he said he wasn't a bit terrified. He was just now realizing he may have gotten a bit ahead of himself in suggesting combat. Though he still straightened himself up a bit and gripped his hands into fists.
"Alright, I look forward to it!" he declared less to Shinsuke and more to himself, trying his best not to look weak in front of a new friend and possible future alliance partner.
"Hey, Do you have any other brothers and sister or is this it?" Nobuyori asked. He was shocked to see that the only boy, and thus likely future leader of the clan, was the same age as him.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Dec 21 2016, 03:28 PM

Story Teller

Inori for her part glanced back at the terrifyingly tough woman watching over them questioningly. This was actually the first time she'd had someone outside the clan invite her to do something. Was it okay? Suzume locked eyes with her and mouthed the words 'be a Lady'. With that permission she nodded and actually managed a little smile for Kaori. Yuki on the other hand was all too ready to get away from her brother and his Azai counterpart.

"You can be our teacher then! Kaori-sensei!" Yuki proclaimed before motioning to a door off to the right, "If we go through there we can get to the garden entrance. Just the three of us princesses."

Nobuyori's bow didn't go unnoticed - Suzume did offer a curt nod in response to show she'd seen it. In fact she followed it up with a slight bow in response. Still she looked ready to gut anyone who crossed her, that toughness being why Lord Todo had assigned her to guard the children. Shinsuke followed Nobuyori's example in committing to sparring though. After all it couldn't be any worse than training with Inori could it? Plus this was a boy around his age and there was no way he'd let an opportunity to make a friend slip by.

"Let's do this! Azai and Todo together in the honor of sparring!" he proclaimed both for himself and his guest. He wondered if it were too soon to consider Nobuyori a friend - possibly.

He then shrugged in response to the boy's question, "I do have a little brother, but he just turned 2 years old.. he won't be joining us, he has a special caretaker when my mother isn't around. Otherwise it's just me, Yuki and Inori. I guess you've only got one sister and that's it, huh?"

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 28 2016, 09:23 AM

Administrator

As Shinsuke cheered and declared a sparing match Nobuyori shouted too. To the princesses the two boys must have looked crazy. Yet it was ironic just how much the two acted like their parents and the Princesses, no doubt unamused, acted like their mothers.
"I do have a little brother, but he just turned 2 years old.. he won't be joining us, he has a special caretaker when my mother isn't around. Otherwise it's just me, Yuki and Inori. I guess you've only got one sister and that's it, huh?" Nobuyori nodded and looked over at his little sister talking with the Todo daughters. They seemed to be getting along pretty well and Nobu figured they would be doing their own thing. Turning back to Shinsuke Nobu smiled.
"Do you have a favorite weapon? I really like spears and naginata!" he said with a confident smile as moved his hands around and changed his stance a bit to mimic himself holding a naginata and smiled at Shinsuke confidently.

Meanwhile Kaori cheered at the Todo daughters as they talked about her being their flower arrangement teacher.
"LETS GO GET FLOWERS THEN!" she said with a cheer, clearly having found her own thing to do while her brother and parents did other things.
"Just remember, flower arrangements isn't about only the most beautiful flowers. You need average looking flowers to balance out the vase and make the beautiful flowers stand out even more." she said confidently, in spite of the fact she was blatantly repeating stuff her mother had told her before. Saying it certainly made Kaori feel like she knew what she was talking about though.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Get Ink'd! My Hero Academia Roleplay Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis LIGHT IT UP .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES DELTA CROSS UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH MASQUERADE Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow SHOWDOWN! Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule Missing Frames Koi no Yokan RWBY-AU Those Among Us Battle Born Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Temporal Deadzone Bravelink All of Me Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo