Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 02/17/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Tactical Meeting [Yumiko then Open], -plans for taking Kaga-
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 08:30 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

"You mean...like being a first response? Apothecary?" Suishoku asked as a troubled look crossed her face. Instantly Yumiko looked a bit like a spooked rabbit. She realized just how ambiguous her statement had been and it made sense that Suishoku would have taken it so literally.
"If it's something more akin to a hospital style, you could get a lot of experience in working with Nurse Aki." she suggested.

Yumiko sat in silence for about two minutes as Suishoku sipped at her miso. The poet girl was trying to figure out how to better phrase her desires.
"I would like to study medicine. Not on the front lines, but maybe research into diseases. I'd...really like to help people...like Masumi in the future. I thought about it a lot lately. I don't like blood, or bodies, or fighting for that matter. But if I can help do research and help people like Masumi live, I think I would feel really happy." she said with a nod. Her expression still looked slightly ambiguous and it was hard to tell if this was simply a spur of the moment decision on her part or an actual goal. However her voice seemed to hold conviction.
"Also, just because I study medicine doesn't mean I can't still write poetry or dance." she added.

After all, she had been admitted to the Bugei to do poetry and become as skilled as her father, but once someone was in the Bugei they weren't required to stick to the track they had been accepted on. Someone in the Shogunate had already pinned Yumiko as someone of promise, thus she was in the academy even without being a Scion. Though now that she had said it out loud and let the words hang in the air she seemed to back up a little bit from her bold declaration.
"At least....I want to try the first few medical classes here, and see what they are like. If it is something I can do." unlike Nobuyori, Yumiko was a bit more level headed and practical. She knew from experience that it was best to start with something small and grow, as opposed to constantly looking at a massive goal somewhere in the far, distant future.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 09:10 AM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

That terrified look made her realize that what she said was either very off the mark or something regretful about taking on a field medic. Suishoku was, while a bit regretful to scare her like that, was thankful that Yumiko was smarter than that to not do exactly what she did. Yumiko was more gentle than that to deal with bodies and live blood, let alone carrying a heavy med pack. Offhandedly did she then wonder if Yumiko could even lift an equipment pack like that. The results would be a cute attempt.

"Oh, researching and lab work." Suishoku sighed in some relief. An indoor job safe from the front lines would be something that would befit the girl. Quiet, careful, studious, focused; the qualities that would mark a researcher in her mind. Although a few lectures in medicine wasn't all chemical compounds and their reactions as there were the physical reactions and the signs to look for. "I have some books they gave us for the lecture if you want to borrow them. The stuff is pretty complicated so I try to read up on things now and then but if the library is out of a copy then swing by my room." She offered gladly and took a slow drink of her soup again. After which did she prodded at a tofu cube stuck to the wall of the bowl.

"But in actual practice, you would be experimenting on if your cure works on lab rats or human subjects. Even studying how these illnesses react to the body. The course does a share of poison crafting study." Suishoku explained as much as she could so nothing would come as too much of a surprise with some grimace to who she had to mention slightly of."I feel a study in that direction would provide more knowledge. There might be a kid in there that's a bit eager with his knowledge of toxins but he does the research and background checks."

That kid in particular still rubbed her the wrong way. She wasn't sure if he was being eager to run a business or showing off his talents of poison crafting but it was hard to take his talents and that level of passion in the same basket. Objectively, she should be glad for him to try making a business that would eventually have her go to him for some aid. If only he wasn't so cheerful about it during that questionable dinner party. Having said all this, she pushed forward her tray a bit to signal the end of her breakfast and rested back in her seat.

"That is stuff down the line though. The homeroom instructor wouldn't mind an extra face or two to sit in on the lectures. They're nice enough to do that."

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 06:44 AM

Administrator

As Yumiko listened intently to Suishoku's explanations about the medical track her face seemed to contort a bit over the thought of testing on mice and humans. She clearly didn't want people to suffer. However, that was also part of why she was doing all of this to begin with. She wanted to find cures.
"I heard no one knows, even now, if Masumi's illness was caused by his relic or a natural sickness. Either way, I want to help people." she said, carrying a clear sense of determination in her voice as she did so. She knew that she couldn't become an amazing scientist over night, but she simply wished to do something instead of sitting around writing poetry all day.

"Even the boy you talk about sounds like he could be a good person, just strange." she commented. In her head she thought that anyone in the medical track wanted to help others. Suishoku, herself, Nurse Aki, others. She truly believed that the best way to help the people of Japan, since she couldn't fight, would be to study medicine instead.
"I think everyone in the medical field wants to help others. I know we can." with that Yumiko looked at Suishoku with absolute confidence. It was clear she had given a lot of thought to this.
"I'm going to tell my parents soon. I think they will be happy." after all, it was court intrigue and how cut off Kyoto was that forced her parents to leave the city in the first place. Now Yumiko intended to do her best to aid the outside world.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:23 AM

Platinum Poster

"That is true," she nodded slow in thought of the last time she tried to maintain his health. The autopsy of Masumi was kept private information for what good it would help anyone on. It's been known that Masumi has been ill but no hard facts were found if his sickness was taken a worse turn or that the relic was at fault. She contemplated on the event with a concentrated look than outright dismissing it subject before. Taking what she 'felt' at the time, the damage was too far gone. Like the inside of a sponge getting gutted by a mixer.

Meanwhile, Yumiko adamantly explained her reasons in a more ambitious and positive light. Even that poison kid was viewed almost saintly compared to that business dinner to advertise his talents. She ate some of her meal, polishing off her miso soup, and nodded. The enthusiasm didn't stop there at all as the words that came out had that bright eyed idealist look in them. The kind that spoke out 'I want to save everyone' sort of look. Suishoku smiled at this hopefulness which would balance out the real cynical aspects.

"But it would be a case by case study by nature," the girl reminded gently. "I'm sure your parents would be thrilled when you tell them with the sort of drive you just shared. It would be a new approach even to finding official cures." She said in support of Yumiko's mood there was visibly worry for her endeavors.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 08:30 PM

Administrator

"But it would be a case by case study by nature," the girl reminded gently. "I'm sure your parents would be thrilled when you tell them with the sort of drive you just shared. It would be a new approach even to finding official cures." She said in support of Yumiko's mood there was visibly worry for her endeavors. At Suishoku's words Yumiko seemed to nod and appeared even more excited. The girl was overly optimistic, and obviously didn't understand failing at finding cures, or patients she cared about dying, however she also couldn't allow herself to focus on that right now. If the small girl had she likely would begin to run away from her new choice right away. Right now she was focused on her idealistic views.

"I think at first they will be upset that I am not doing poetry full time. I am sure my dad will tell me to not let medical studies get in the way of my poetry, but I think after that they will be very happy." again she nodded, though this time less to Suishoku and more to herself. She wanted to help people alongside Suishoku. She wanted them to be work mates and also to work on medicine together. She and Suishoku had become friends over the course of her depression and in a lot of ways she looked up to Suishoku.

In spite of Suishoku being from a common family she interacted well with nobles, treated them well, and even managed to become an elite student. While Yumiko was clearly from a wealthy noble family it didn't mean she looked down on Suishoku or others who weren't. On the contrary, she thought SUishoku was quite amazing.

With calling her parents on her mind she seemed to get through her morning nourishment a bit quicker as she looked at Suishoku with apologetic eyes.
"I should call them soon though. So maybe we should meet up again later?" she asked, her tone whispering a sincere sorry without actually saying it.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:35 AM

Platinum Poster

In the length it took for her to work back down to the original scone she ordered, Yumiko left her blinking on how quickly this thin girl tucked away her breakfast. Suishoku held back the urge to point that out when the face she made left her reminiscing of those puppy dog eyes. So that's what they really would look like. she commented about the apologetic look sent her way and held up her hands in defeat. "Hey now, don't worry about it. I don't know how busy your parents are but if they're not occupied now then go ahead and give them a call."

Suishoku honestly didn't know if the life of a poet was ever busy. Compared to how her folks work and run their business, did poets have that same thing? Wake up and observe the world undisturbed for poems? Perhaps that can be like working, the undisturbed part anyway. Whatever the window of opportunity was then Yumiko should be on her way and take it before it closes.

"We'll just meet up another time like this if you want since I technically don't have a homeroom to report to anymore." The odd perk of no longer being classified as a student but more so a teacher's aid. "I'll keep my phone silent if you want to text me anything after whatever paperwork I'm given."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 09:50 PM

Administrator

"I'll keep my phone silent if you want to text me anything after whatever paperwork I'm given." the words made the small girl extremely happy. Suishoku had a point, she didn't have a home room. Though Yumiko had heard that elite students stayed far more busy than the regular students. In her heart she realized that Suishoku wouldn't be able to simply text Yumiko back whenever the mood struck. Though that was enough. It was time for her to go and contact her parents.

Looking down at her food it was clear she had a larger appetite than she had realized, even as she checked her phone she didn't even think she had gone through her food that quickly. Turning a bit red looking at her plate she couldn't help but feel embarrassed in regards to it all. Her mind had been on everything she had to do today such as contact her parents and plan this vacation that the food simply hadn't seemed to have been their.

"I hope you will have a good day Senpai." she said politely, standing up and giving a deep bow before double checking she had the correct number for Suishoku and then quickly returning to her dorms. She had to call her parents and inform them of what was happening, as well as write in her journal about it. She also wanted to pray that no one got ill and that everyone would be well during the trip. There was so much to do now that they had a plan and she wanted to double check that everything the group wanted to do would even be possible for now. Things she knew she could do without bothering her senpai or taking more of her time.

Left Thread

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes