Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Dreams and Ambitions (Masato x Jugemu)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 08:36 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

Masato's response would seem strange to others. In response to everything Jugemu said, all of her seriousness about trade goods and the future of Japan, then suddenly shifting to her date and how pathetic his taste in fine cooking was, he couldn't help but laugh.
"You are the only person I know, aside from Headmaster Hosokawa, who can shift so easily from serious statements to jokes." he said as he shook his head a bit. It was almost unnatural how she did it. Yet the fact was she did it and this was essentially Jugemu.

"In regards to the trade, that is a good point. Though it would take a lot of work for a country to import things and them to be cheaper and better products than what nearby provinces can produce. Japan can't even fully trade with itself from end to end. Let alone with other countries." he knew in the future, someday, it would be possible. However that "someday" still felt far off. Textiles and non-disposable products sure. Food, however, was very tricky and he didn't see that as a possibility any time soon.

"As for your boy....thing. Have you tried making him better food? Maybe he just hasn't had good food and so his appetite is stunted?" it wasn't unheard of. After all someone from a far off province had probably never tried Edo style ramen or soba. So they wouldn't actually know what they had been missing. Of course Masato didn't know what part of Japan this person was from, but he at least knew that Jugemu's cooking was no laughing matter.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Aug 3 2018, 06:58 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

"Spending too much time on serious thoughts will make your face turn into a prune and the weight of the world's problems will stoop you over until you are eye to eye with the tanooki." she joked. "So cast them aside and relax when you can, it's your only hope when you're as perfect as I am." She gave her hair an exaggerated flip. "But the truth is, we don't know what other countries are capable of. And if we scrabble for the scraps amongst ourselves, they will surpass us while we play in a crab bucket. You know that term? Crab bucket?"

Actually, crab wasn't a bad idea. There was a lot you could do with the right crabs, and with her history along the coasts, she'd seen quite a lot. The academy wasn't too far from the water and she could probably nip on down to the market and or even the docks and negotiate her way into some beautifully fresh crab. She could even start him off slow, let him have his soba. But she would make the broth from the shells, broken up to release flavor and oils. Then it could be beautifully garnished with large chunks of lightly steamed crab. He'd understand beauty then.

"When a fisherman has caught a net of crab, he can throw them all in the bucket and that bucket will need no lid." She looked down at her hands and made little clawing gestures. "They scramble to get out, but the ones on top just get pulled back down by the ones below and so none escape." She looked at Masato. "The clans must recognize that fighting for power in any way but influence is just going to be crab buckets until the other countries show up to put us in the cooking pot."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 06:31 PM

Administrator

Masato looked at Jugemu with a thoughtful gaze. The woman certainly wasn't wrong, and she managed to not only keep up with his thoughts but help guide them as well.
"I suppose for now we can do nothing more than wait." he said with a bit of a sigh. The clans, foreign nations, possible wars, none of it would happen in an instance. In the blink of an eye every clan in Japan wouldn't have killed one another. By the same token the foreign nations wouldn't suddenly appear and strike down all of Japan's most powerful scions. With that in mind all that was left was, as she had said, to not over think.

"Talking to you really does help." he said, chuckling a bit and coming his hair back with his hand.
"Japan wont suddenly be in total war over night. You are right, I shouldn't think overly long upon this." with that he closed his books and actually proceeded to put them back. He was doneDone with the thoughts about war, and done over thinking all of this. Instead he now wanted to focus on more positive thoughts.

"How about we talk about whatever you want to talk about. For now, no war, how about ou tell me your plan when it comes to the dance. What do you plan to wear? What is your date coming with? Bringing any food?" the last question being clearly emphasized. After all, even with lots of heavy talk about serious topics, in the end Masato was still Masato and was still curious what kind of food the dance would have it. If any at all of course.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 07:48 PM

Elite Member

"Wait, plan, research. Danger is out there, but not every silence is a ninja." Masato had good ideas, there was a crumb trail to follow. The attack had left a great many strings to follow and that was precisely why, she felt, it should not be obsessed over. With so many paths one could follow, so many false leads likely buried among it all, why go imagining new ones? The idea of a student having planned out this attack seemed like a great story, a new line that nobody else was following. Different people on different paths meant one of them was more likely to get to the knot at the end of the tangle. Then it could be cut.

"Well, I don't have all that much planned for the dance itself. A great deal of it isn't up to me, after all." She smiled with just a little bit of smugness. "I mean, I've chosen our outfits and rented a space for photos beforehand, but it will be up to Taka to arrange transport to the dance hall. I expect something wonderful. Perhaps a car, wouldn't that be fun? Ooh, or a convertible if the weather holds up." She was all smiles and excitement.

"I'm not in charge of the food, silly. We'll be catered by the best and brightest the school can find in the country. We do have to show off for the foreigners, after all. And as for clothes, I've got this lovely pink dress I think will look gorgeous on me. Ruffles, bows, and lace flowers, it's absolutely perfect for a western style dance. I've already chosen Taka's suit so no worries about him showing up and not matching me. Or not matching the theme. That wouldn't do at all."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Aug 9 2018, 07:19 PM

Administrator

Masato smiled at Jugemu spoke. He liked her, and he wanted her to be happy. Though he would rather she be have gone to the dance with him. Even if he had just recently decided he had those thoughts. Standing up a bit he stretched and looked at the woman with a large smile.
"Well, if studying will only create more trails, and I can't really follow them without talking with school officials, then why stay here? It isn't a horrible day out. Why don't we walk around?" it was how the man was. Even though he had a lot on his mind he couldn't actually solve those thoughts right now. He would need to get resources from the school's library, and talk with an actual school or Shogunate official. Right now the archive had served it's purpose and helped him focus his thoughts on the Ikko Ikki and who may or may not be supporting them.

Though, he ward hardly here by himself. Jugemu had probably come for her own research as well and he really didn't know what she was up to. It seemed she was studying poisons and assassination but that could have covered a large number of ways to carry them out. So he caught himself.
"I mean, if you would like too of course. If you still have things to study here we can hang around." he said with a bit of a shrug. He didn't want to just drag her out against her will. He did, however, very much want to spend more time with her. Even if that meant staying put in the library for a while longer.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 10:43 AM

Elite Member

Jugemu looked at her collection of things. "Well, I suppose I wouldn't mind an excuse to stop working on my homework. Not that I don't have enough of those already." She closed the book in front of her. "Let me just clear this up and put these away and we can get outside." She stacked the books up and stood up from her chair. She'd actually made a small little nest for herself, with the books, the snacks, her notebooks, notecards, pens, and pencils.

She didn't really worry about leaving her things unguarded right now, though. Masato would keep an eye on them, so she busied herself putting the books back on the shelves. It didn't take long at all, they were, after all, all from the same history section. She came back to the table and slid all her papers and notes into her book bag and then tucked the container of snacks into a side pocket. The needles, however, were tucked into her back pocket.

"Alright then." She announced. "I think I've got everything here. So are we just going for a walk or do you have a special place in mind?" Knowing Masato, there would probably be food involved, or the walk would end not too far away from the kitchens where she might offer him a snack. His predictability was cute sometimes.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Aug 14 2018, 06:37 PM

Administrator

As Jugemu asked if Masato had any particular place in mind he just smiled. He watched her put everything up as he made sure they had left the area as clean as possible.
"Western Edo has some really nice food. After all only nobles live here." he said with a large smirk. As the two left the library Masatop stopped and looked at the old man who acted as the librarian and receptionist. Giving a deep, polite bow he said
"Thank you very much sir." after all the man was always kind when Masato came around, and he didn't want to leave even the slightest bad impression.

When the pair left he stretched and yawned. It was always nice to be back in fresh air. The building was lovely, and he was certainly use to it, but fresh air was nice in it's own way. Looking out towards the distance he pointed
"I hear the best ramen shop in Western Edo is that way." he said with a large smile as he spun on his heel and began walking forward. Looking around at the old Japanese architecture he still felt amazed every time, even while walking by the gates to various mansions.
"To think, some of these mansions have been around since the third Tokugawa Shogun." he said with his hands resting on the back of his head like a little kid. In it's own way history was amazing.
"Would you ever want a mansion?" he asked casually.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Aug 14 2018, 09:27 PM

Elite Member

And she had called it. What a predictable boy, but there was nothing wrong with a healthy appetite and he wasn't wrong. There were a great number of highly ranked chefs in the western district. Though you did tend to find some that simply overcharged for simple fair. There was no shortage of nobility that mistook expensive for high quality. But Masato, despite being a bit of a hoover, did have good taste. He could be trusted to find something nice.

As they walked out, she watched Masato bow to the library's keeper. How very polite. She followed suit, though more out of politeness and unity. "Alright, ramen might be a nice thing to have today, so long as it's properly fresh." While her walking partner looked at the buildings and sights, Jugemu paid very little attention to anything. Though occasionally small details caught her eye, jerking movements from a person across the street, a woman on a bench staring ahead with her hand in a purse. You picked up on slight inconsistencies in the world on the assassin path. But she wasn't worried about any of it, that was just the world being naturally weird without malice.

"Can't say I have need of one. I've always quite liked the look of Kyoto's kyōmachiya though. I plan to set up in one when I move back home. Though construction may take some time. There are a great many people who need homes fixed there. But even if it would be empty, it is a bit sad that my ancestral home is still in ruins."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY