Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 02/17/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Kaga Party, Ahoy!, Tagging all participants
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 09:34 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Fantastic, the Azai wasn't already occupied, at least there was one glimmer of hope that this trip wouldn't be a reminder of loneliness and failure. He turned to look out over the bridge. "Sweet. I'm glad there's somebody here I'm on speaking terms with. If I'm honest, I don't know our host all that well." He thought back to their encounters. Neither were particularly successful, even if they had come out alive and relatively unhurt. Mostly it felt like fetching a bucket of water during an apartment fire. Sure, the water helps but it's hardly going to make a difference in the end.

"Not sure why I was invited, we just kind of ended up hooked together. For a mission. Not like we did though. You and me were deliberately together. Me and her just were in the same area and stuff kind of happened." He stopped. Not only was he babbling but he was definitely giving off the wrong idea to anyone nearby. Kire hung his head. "Screw it."

He gestured at Yuubei. "Same place, wrong time, and we fought together. Not really much chance to do any real bonding, you know?" Down in the tunnels, he'd gotten a pretty good idea about the Azai. If there was one thing that had been good for, it was revealing personality traits. Azai was pretty helpful, if a little overbearing at times. Certainly he was a pretty good example of a Noble. Which was mostly why Kire mostly acted like he wasn't. Not that he would have treated the guy better if he was a noble, honestly, Kire probably would have been a bigger ass. That anti-authoritarian streak always seemed to shine through.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:33 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Familiar company would make this trip a lot more relaxing for 'Mikoto' than the whole ride up thus far had been. Not really the ability to walk around freely so much as it being company familiar with this form. Rather than the identity they were better known for and attended school with regularly. Since only two people outside the family had met Mikoto so far, it was going to be a bit tense even so. For now they were relaxed enough with Suishoku in the lead that a new person didn't scare them off. Though Mikoto still was shy and smiled anxiously when the other girl was introduced.

"O-oh, Mirai-san, is that right?" 'Mikoto' asked in confirmation before bowing despite the informality of the situation, "It's nice to meet another friend of Suishoku-san's. She's been a great help for me.. I.. um.. guess that I'm still not used to meeting people my own age. But let's have fun together!"

They glanced down to the bracelets around their wrist, nodded and added, "I've never been this far north before, so it's a bit of a change for me. It's quite beautiful though.. I'm glad I was able to come along!"

------------

There were a lot of people around, and it seemed to be overwhelming for the poet who'd given them a speech about Kaga. Eriko felt for the girl - it wasn't easy to be thrown into the spotlight like that. As soon as she'd gotten accustomed to a leading role within her clan, she'd had to relearn things on a larger stage. One where the whole country's gossips were watching for any errors no matter how minor, rather than just the gossips of Inaba. At least the people whom were crowding around the poet girl seemed supportive rather than critical. Though anyone who came along on a trip to the north of the country just to criticize everyone else would have needed a lot of introspection.

As everyone seemed to have broken off into their own little groups, she took stock of who was here in hers. The shy poet, Kai, and a boy she hadn't met before but whom apparently knew Yumiko. Not too big of a group, then, and no one that she wasn't certain she could socialize with. She only noticed Kai's eye once the other boy had said something, but it was impossible to miss once the subject had been broached. That was something that hadn't been that way before the battles with the Ikko.. so was it a result of that or some other duty of his? She didn't feel it was quite her place to ask once someone else had, so she waited for a moment before deciding to talk with Yumiko again.

"It really was a wonderful talk you gave," she added before smiling in a supportive manner that only a big sister could perfect, "If you need any help with the tour stops or any events on the trip just let know. It's probably a bit overwhelming to suddenly be in charge of something involving a lot of people. You can count on the Yamana for support!"

That was when she remembered something - something to share! She dug into her bag for a bit before pulling out a wrapped sweet potato omiyage snack from home. It wasn't much but her family had sent a few to her so she could share a taste of the countryside with other students. Eriko held out the snack to the poet with a bit of an embarrassed smile replacing the big sister one.

"I know it's not much, but please accept this as a token of friendship," she explained, "It's from the fields of Inaba, so it's guaranteed fresh!"

--------------------
PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 11:24 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Kai was very aware of members of the group looking at his new eye. It made him want to leave. He tried to ignore the on lookers and focus on Yumiko. She had responded to him with her poetic voice. "I know, I'd like it to change as well. Prehaps.. we should arrange weekly outings. With the war over and my relic.. broken I've been put on leave until my powers have been restored." He spoke softly giving her smile and nodding. He really did want to spend more time with her as well as a few of his other friends.

He turned his head back to look towards the sky as he stayed near Yumiko and Suishoku. Now that he thought on it this was the first time most of his elites had been together since the test. He looked towards Eriko and was about to ask her how the heir was doing before the question he knew would come was finally asked. He shut his mouth and turned to look at Roshi who had now joined their little group. His eyes looked over the boy before he finally decided to answer.

"That's not an easy question to answer." He didn't bother speaking in a hushed tone his voice was calm and clear. "This.." he motioned to his eye. "Happened when I fused with my relic, and I don't mean it in a spiritual way either, the relic literally went inside me. When I was fighting Shin at the tower something triggered inside me causing me to unleash the full power of my relic." He paused for a moment remembering the fire and battle as he reached up touching the cheek below his eye. "I could of sworn it even spoke to me before turning into this energy light that entered and healed my eye. Or most likely accelerated Yuubae's healing as her power was already tending to the wound."

He let the hand fall to his side. "And that's all I can really tell you. I don't know why it happened, but it did and I seem to be stuck with it now." He turned away. "I sincerely apologize if I've brought down the mood at all. Forgive me." Honestly he just wanted to have a calm quiet day with the group and relax.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image user posted image
Kai Izuki: Head of the Elite Years, Bugei Staff ------- Kenji Tokugawa: Heir to the Shogunate 3rd Year
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:44 pm

Story Teller

Member No.: 114

“I’m glad I could make it too! I’m excited to be here.” It was going to be so much fun, indeed it already was, and Mirai was grateful that Suishoku and Yumiko had put in so much work together to make the trip easy for everyone else.

Mirai supposed that the more people contributed to the planning, the better: it meant there’d be more places to choose from with everyone’s knowledge combined. The food comment made Mirai laugh, though. “Does Kaga have good food?”

Suishoku gave introductions. Mirai was pretty sure it was in the autumn not the spring, but that was a small detail and Mirai didn’t see much point in correcting her. But from Suishoku’s description of Mikoto, it sounded like she was quite a kind, helpful girl. Mirai was looking forward to getting the opportunity to talk with her. “It’s nice to meet you, Mikoto-san,” Mirai said, with a small bow. Mikoto had a slightly less formal and proper way of introduction, but Mirai thought it was still the right thing to do to do things properly.

She smiled at Suishoku’s desire for everyone to just have a good time. It was just like her to be watching out and wanting everyone to enjoy themselves on the trip. “I think it’s already fun, Suishoku. It'll all be fantastic.”

Mikoto commented that it was beautiful here. Mirai nodded. “I think so too. I’ve been in Kaga, but I’ve never been to this part before. It is very pretty.” She was curious though: “Where are you from, Mikoto-san?” Mikoto had mentioned that she hadn't been this far north much and that was something that she had in common with Mirai.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Today at 01:59 am

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Seeing how the two greeted each other made Suishoku smile at Mirai and Mikoto. "The, let's head down the trail while we chat. The tea house would be a great reward at the end," Suishoku encouraged while happy to help Mikoto meet someone of similar age. She chuckled and started walking at a slow and easy pace so they can chat a bit while crossing the bright red bridge. Mirai's comment about the food had her laugh and take out her phone to dig around for some pictures. Good food indeed. Her eyes began to shine.

"Heh heh, if I could take everyone out to each place then our mothers would hate us for spoiling our dinners that way." She wiped by a few older pictures of around school and coming to two pictures that were just a few of the highlights Kaga, and her home town, does best. The energetic Elite year trotted forward to hold out her phone rather childishly to her friends as if she was presenting them real treasure.

"Kamifusen and Rakugan! They're so adorable and cute while so sweet. Kakinoha sushi have been a neat snack too with a more smokey taste of fish on sushi rice," Suishoku explained with a grin and handed her phone to her friends to view them. The sugary sweets and the persimmon wrapped sushi did make her mouth water for that rest stop at the end of the bridge.

Her head started to daydream a bit with high hopes that once they reach Kaga. She did her best to contain herself a little since that would be where the bulk of their trip will be. Her head turned to the scenery around them for the beautiful tree line and even the bridge structure calm her down before going into a food rave. "Wonder what would be a good spot to take a picture," she wondered aloud for her friends to chime in some thoughts. What's a trip without a few commemorative pictures after all? Hopefully Yumiko is doing well on her side of things.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES!