Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Blade for One (Moby)
Moby Dick
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 02:08 PM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

"Okay, so nothing special about it, to be fair. I might add a bit of flair for the hilt, just for flavor."

After all, it should be something that stands out just a little, right? True, it would be imminently practical, but it should also be a little fun, right? Mikachi, after all, did not seem like a super-serious person. He needed it to work well with his hand, though, and Roshi observed his hand well enough to get an idea on how to work the grip for him. It would, no doubt, feel like it fit like a glove for him, which was important.

Now then...the other matter: The books. Roshi chuckled at this.

"People assume that art is just the artist wandering around, looking for something to paint, trying to capture inspiration at random, and then producing results."

He shrugged at this.

"Sometimes, people do that, but it's not the only case, and not as often as you think. I get ideas at random, sometimes, but I also hunt for it here, in the library."

He spread out the books into a line, showing that they were a number of history, art, and literature books of various types. There was also one in there about...cannons. Again with the artillery. That wa sa bit weird, in of itself, right now.

--------------------
PM
^
Mikachi
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:37 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 167

It was a good thing that Roshi seemed to have been one to take his creativity to another level, even out of the most simplistic of ideas. He had been right to point out there would be nothing special about it because there really was nothing he wanted to be special about the sword. A blade is a tool, just like the countless other tools, Mikachi seems to have at his disposal. Either way, something as simple as a regular Tachi blade would work perfectly.

Art is the artist wandering around, looking for something to paint.

He couldn’t really pinpoint exactly what it was that seemed off at this point, however, not all artist need something to paint. Mikachi found that art had been something that makes use of utility in such a way that is typically not normal, but unique. Perhaps you’re heading out for a walk, you could simply walk to your destination, but then again, when it comes to creativity, there are lots of ways to make your walk much more fun and unique. Strike up a conversation, have someone walk with you. Drink some tea, or even dance a little.

Mikachi then replied with a faint chuckle of his own, standing soon after Roshi’s response. “You have a really interesting mindset there. I like it. But… there is a limit when it comes to taking out books.” His fingers trailed along, lifting his sleeve, along with a history book in the line of books.

“So maybe you’d like to put a few back just in case if another person may want it? Heck, I might take a book for myself to read.” He chuckled at his own response before setting the book down, glancing at Roshi’s final response.

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 05:46 PM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

Artists' mindset aside, Mikachi DID seem to be concerned about the amount of books that Roshi had on-hand right now. This was an understandable thing, certainly, if not for one thing...which was exactly what the young man was smiling about.

"I wouldn't worry about it. They're not being taken out. I'm reading them here. I take notes, sometimes, but I don't run off with half the library in tow. That'd be cruel!"

As observed by some, most notably Nobuyori Azai, Roshi just transplanted a whole bunch of stuff - more than this paltry amount, even - to a back table and read through them, studying their chapters and taking notes, right there. No worries for anybody who needed any of them. He was open to letting people have 'em, no problem.

"Any other worries?"

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY