Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Detained. [Nobu], In the doghouse now.
Gawf
 Posted: May 17 2018, 01:33 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Awards: None

Soft rumbles of thunder rolled all around edo this afternoon. The time was just ticking at five o clock as Eiji Sakuma sat alone in a classroom populated only by himself and one instructor he could not name. His gaze was set outside the window as the heavy rain came down. All the times he has skipped class had come back to bite him as he was now sitting in detention.
"Mister Sakuma!" The woman blurted out as Eiji ever so slowly met her gaze. "Yes?" He asked lethargicly. "This is meant to be a punishment. Please use your time wisely!" She said as he glared at him. All he did in response was cast his eyes back outside to the instructors dismay. He was really craving a cigarette, damn he really hated this. "Mister sakuma?" The young woman asked again this time in a lighter tone. Eiji didn't say anything as he looked back over to her as she spoke again
"There is supposed to be one more student here today," she said as she looked down at her ledger.
"Azai Nobuyumi. Do you know where he is? She asked as eiji scoffed before looking back outside. How the hell would he know? The woman sighed as she closed the ledger. It seemed like talking with this student was getting her no where. She had planned to chat with him, after all she is stuck here as well. Eiji looked at his phone to get the time. It was gonna be a long hour and a half.
Nobuyumi

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 19 2018, 08:15 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

From the door of the classroom a voice could be heard.
"Azai Nobuyori." a blond boy said as he entered the classroom. He looked at the teacher. Even he had never seen her before. The woman was clearly new to the academy this year. Still, it bothered him that she couldn't even get the name of a Prince correct.
"My name is Azai Nobuyori. Prince of Omi province. I am here for my punishment." he said in a polite but clearly irked tone. Though, if the woman had gotten his family name wrong he wouldn't have been considerably more angry. He didn't care nearly as much about his first name, but as a prince and future lord of a province he wouldn't stand people getting his clan name wrong.

"Well then, you can take your seat as well Mr. Azai." the woman said and pointed next to Eiji. Looking over Nobuyori's face clearly showed a bit of shock. After all the last time he saw Eiji it was violent and bloody. Monks had been all over their city blowing themselves up and Eiji had violently torn an Ikko general to pieces bear handed. Now the two stood in the same classroom together. Presumably due to how much class both of them had willingly missed lately.

On Nobu's shoulder was a messenger bag he put down and took supplies out of. Due to how often he prefered to skip class he had been called to detention a few times. It was strange though, given that he still had high grades in all of his classes. However rules happened to be made to be followed and as a lawful, future clan lord Nobuyori didn't mind them. Nodding to Eiji he said politely
"I'm glad to see you are doing alright, Sakuma-san." before taking out some ink and paper to start writing for his literature class. He wasn't sure what else to say to Eiji either. Eiji didn't look violent or disturbed compared to last time, but also the two of them weren't exactly friends. It was awkward in many ways. Mostly because Nobuyori couldn't be completely sure about the boy's mental state right now.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 20 2018, 12:24 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji glanced up for a moment as the student walked in, but quickly returned to the window. Part of him wanted to crank it open and feel the cold humid air. His attention was ripped from the window as the guy who had just entered claimed to be a prince. He kept his eyes fixed on the windows but was watching him in his peripherals. Only looking at the man as he addressed him.

Eiji found it odd he knew his name, he had always thought he was good at keeping a low profile. Despite his high profile jacket, fighting style and attitude. "Yeah, same goes for you" He said as watched the prince sit down next to him. He couldnt put a finger on it but he knew this Nobuyori from somewhere. Eiji couldn't help but speak up.
"I know you from somewhere" he said as this comment was met with ire from the woman. "No talking! This is supposed to be a punishment not a free period!" She said as Eiji flat out ignored her continuing to ask Nobuyori questions. "Where have we met?" He said staring him down through his sunglasses.
Nobuyumi

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 21 2018, 09:16 PM

Administrator

As the teacher scolded them Nobuyori gave a polite bow while seated.
"Yes mam. I apologize." as Eiji continued to ask where he knew Nobuyori from. In response the Prince turned to him and blinked. Did he really not remember at all? They had been in a burning city together and yet he didn't seem to understand whom Nobuyori was. How was that even possible. Looking back at the rather upset and glaring teacher Nobuyori turned back to Eiji who was now starring at him. Thinking of how best to answer Nobuyori made a motion of a top hat and a scythe before turning and facing the front of the room.

Pulling out a book it was a small hand book that showed how every major kanji should be written and in what order the lines should be drawn. Preparing a small bottle of ink he pulled out from his bag he carefully dipped a pen in the ink. He needed to think of a good kanji to draw. His first instinct with something like "punishment" though that wasn't the best idea as it may be viewed by the teacher as being overly sarcastic if she saw it. Thus, he started by writing out his name instead.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 23 2018, 04:32 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji watched as Nobuyori made some movements on the top of his head and in front of him. Honestly he was pretty confused. Nobu turned away from him and started writing. He turned his head away to meet the the woman's red hot stare. "Take those off, you are inside mister sakuma, also you had better be using this time wisely" She said. Eiji didnt take his glasses off but he did answer her question.
"Yeah dont worry I'm working on my math." He said. On his desk was a math textbook propped up to block her view. If nobuyomi were to look over on his desk he would see many crude drawings of anime characters and video game mobs.
The woman stood up and started for the door as he issued a warning. "I'm excusing myself to the rest room for a moment, I had better not catch you slacking off when i get back." She said as she slid ope. The heavy wood door and left. Eiji kept his ear in her direction, and when he was sure she was out of a war shot he walked over to the door, lifted up as he slid it into place then jerked up and forward jamming the door in place. Eiji looked back to nobu as he turned around. "Shit, I guess she jammed the door on her way out." He said as he took his seat. "Now I saw you do some charades earlier, I'm pretty shit at that particular game, now mind to answer my question now?" He asked him as he pulled out his phone

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 01:01 PM

Administrator

Nobuyori looked at Eiji as he pulled out his phone. He also noticed the cartoon figures he had been drawing. To someone as lawful as Nobu it offended him a bit. However, the teacher was also being extremely rude to them both, and given what he knew Eji was capable of he wasn't about to question the boy. Instead, with the teacher now gone, he kept looking at his paper as he carefully wrote two more characters.
"I am Azai Nobuyori, Son of the Lord of Omi, Prince of the Azai. You and I fought an Englishman together, in Northern Edo. He had a had and a scythe, and we barely survived the night." he said it all casually, but clearly puffing his chest out a bit as he spoke of his family name and his home province. After all, what was a Prince without his pride?

If Eiji looked he would notice the characters Nobu had made where "Death" and "Strength", as well as the kanji for "fire". All three looked extremely well written, like miniature pieces of art made by each pen stroke. Finishing them Nobuyori looked at Eiji.
"I'm glad you are doing alright, by the way. That night was horrible. Though I'm glad we got all of the civilians to safety." he remembered that night all too well. He thought they would all die. The fire had been fake, the civilians dying an illusion, and yet part of it had been real. He had personally murdered many Ikko monks with Roshi's help. They had all guarded groups going to the hospital as Edo burned. All of it was a living hell and Nobuyori almost felt happy that he was in detention instead of being back in such a place as that.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 12:14 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji nodded as he listened to the prince of the Azai. Well that was awkward. After all he did repaint a segment of sidewalk with that englishmen's brainmatter. "Oh yeah, I remember now." He said awkwardly as he turned his head back to his phone. "Yeah, apparently he was a general, though I dont have a fuckin clue why he was running around the way he was." Eiji shrugged "play stupid games win stupid prizes I guess." He said as he pulled up a gatcha game on his phone.
"Yeah that was a crazy fucking night for sure, the saying snatching victory from the jaws of defeat comes to mind" He said in response. Though he didn't understand why he said he was glad he was alright. What did this guy have to gain from him being alive or not? He leaned over to look at what he was drawing. Neat handwriting. "Doing as well as can be I suppose. How about you, you doing alright? Most people round here didnt handle that night too well." He said as he leaned back over. "Not to change the subject but when that asshole cast that illusion did you feel anything? Cause I swear it left scars where he stabbed me."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 06:45 PM

Administrator

Nobuyori turned and looked at Eiji like he was crazy. He just casually talked about the general who's head he had obliterated as though it wasn't even a problem. Just what kind of a person was this kid? was he mentally insane, or just able to compartmentalize at a ridiculous level? As Nobuyori focused on his writing it seemed like Eiji had only begun talking. Which wasn't good given the teacher could have come back at almost any moment.
"Doing as well as can be I suppose. How about you, you doing alright? Most people round here didn't handle that night too well." He said as he leaned back over. "Not to change the subject but when that asshole cast that illusion did you feel anything? Cause I swear it left scars where he stabbed me." again the words made Nobu look at him in shock.

"How do you talk so casually about that night?" he asked bluntly. He had seen lots of students, himself included, who still tried not to talk about the night, even elite students. Yet here was Eiji just talking about it like a place he visited and took photos.
"I mean, most of the students, even older student, are still traumatized, yet you talk about it like it was nothing. Even I still have issues thinking about all of the people I had to kill that night." he said, slightly offended by Eiji's casual demeanor.

"As for that crazy general, I....I honestly don't know. I didn't have any damage from him, but I felt for a long time as though I did. I kept looking for bruises but never found any." he said, his face unhappy and a bit depressed. He would never forget that fight for as long as he lived.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 12:58 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji shrugged as Nobuyori asked his question.
"You can only fight so many times before warfare becomes mundane." He said. He couldnt blame his classmate for feeling the way he did. As he was about to speak again the door to the class room rattled and shook as the woman attempted to open it. "I think its jammed." Eiji said as he heard it. "Jammed?" The woman spat out as she tried to open it again to no avail. "I'm going to get someone to open this, you two stay put." She said as she left. "Stay put? What else are we gonna do? Jump from the window?" Eiji said aloud, he started to smirk as he looked at door and back to Nobuyori, almost as he was admiring his work. He sat back down at his seat and began to lean back. Eiji was slowly getting the idea that Nobuyori didnt like talking about that night so he decided to mix it up. "You said you where the prince of the Azai yeah? That mean you spend alot of time on boats?" He asked as he leaned back and forth

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 09:27 PM

Administrator

The two sat in the classroom talking as suddenly the door violently shook. Nobuyori was worried that the woman would barge in and they would both be in trouble. Instead, as he looked at the door, it seemed jammed. In a huff the woman demanded they stay put as she stormed off.
"Stay put? What else are we gonna do? Jump from the window?" Nobu would, of course, never be so crast, but to say he wasn't thinking the same thing would be a be a lie. Snorting a bit, trying to hold back a laugh at Eiji's words he gazed towards the door. It seemed fairly messed up somehow. Though what Eiji said was true, they couldn't go anywhere with the only way out jammed, at least not without causing a lot of damage to the school building. Also, Nobuyori was an Azai and a believer in justice. Just because the door was jammed didn't mean he was going to sneak out, as much as he wanted to.

Then suddenly Eiji asked asked
"You said you where the prince of the Azai yeah? That mean you spend a lot of time on boats?" again, this time not holding back, Nobuyori laughed a little. It was like asking a member of the Takeda if they spent a lot of time on horseback. Made even more funny by the fact that Nobuyori had at least two boats that belonged almost exclusively to him.
"Yes. My father took me boating on Lake Biwa starting at age three. I also have two boats, though I use a small one more than the larger one. It is better at getting to the middle of the lake faster." ah the middle of the lake. Even now it made him smile and think of Lake Biwa's crystal clear waters.
"Do you know much about Omi? Have you been to Lake Biwa? It is the most beautiful lake in Japan." of course he would say that. After all, the lake in question, Lake Biwa, was partially in Omi, and was used for military practice drills on the water, which essentially meant it belonged to the Azai.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Jun 23 2018, 02:40 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Two boats? No shit. And to think my old man threw a shit fit when i tried to buy a speed bike." Eiji said as he looked outside, still piss pouring rain with no signs of stopping anytime soon. "I havent really been outside Hamada since attending here,well i have for missions i went on but i wouldnt count those." He said as he stopped leaning in his chair letting it fall forward. "And i cant say ive ever been to Omi, or Lake Biwa. Though i can say that i probably wouldnt fare well on a boat. Ive got a set of permanent land legs." He said as he picked up his pen and started sketching away on his paper.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 12:46 PM

Administrator

As Eiji went back to sketching Nobuyori went back to his calligraphy. No doubt existed in his heart that the teacher would be back soon enough, and she wouldn't be happy about the two boys chatting away like this. So for when she came back the boys looked busy. After all the teacher was a pain but she would notice if the two hadn't made progress on anything while she was gone. Though with his head down and his pen going he said
"You should go to Lake Biwa. Even from the shore, it is beautiful."

he then pulled out his cell phone. Eiji seemed like a weird guy, but not someone violent, or into thievery. Flipping through his phone he handed it to Eiji, trusting the boy wouldn't steal it. The file Nobuyori had gone too was a folder of pictures he had taken when he went home over the summer after the Ikko rebellion. Included in the folder where beautiful pictures of Omi, Lake Biwa, and of the walled ancient city of Kyoto. It was clear that Nobuyori's love of his homeland wasn't just blind words or devotion. It was absolute truth engrave in his heart.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 01:59 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji took the phone in his hands as Nobu gave it to him. He looked at each photo for some time before flipping to the next. It did in fact look very beautiful. He handed back to Nobu as he spoke. "Looks nice enough, No idea if you have ever been to Hamada, but the business district is pretty, though i never really explored it fully before." He explained as he looked to the door. "I wouldnt worry about Ms. Witch of the west. The door is jammed pretty good and the janitors should be cleaning the dorms by now, and somthing is telling me she wont walk out in the rain." He said with a grin. He had infact pulled this stunt many times, enough to know when the guy with the know how to fix it is out of the building. "So what does the prince of Omi do for fun in his free time" he askes as he fnished up his sketching

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 05:32 AM

Administrator

As Eiji explained wh teacher wouldn't be back any time soon Nobuyori sighed and looked at Eiji with a clearly condemning look. As someone who believed in order he certainly couldn't approve of this. However, as someone also currently trapped in detention he wasn't really going to object.
"For fun? I prefer to practice with my relic, or go out into Edo Bay." he didn't know Eiji well enough to openly talk about his love of video gaming. That was something only Suishoku knew about.

Looking at his calligraphy he nodded a bit to himself.
"Also, I practice my handwriting and sometimes archery." these weren't really interests he did for fun as much as things expected of him as a Prince, and thus something the boy took quite seriously.
"What do you do to relax?" he asked curiously. In truth he really didn't know anything about Eiji and was curious to know more about the boy.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY