Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Azai and Todo (closed. Nobuyori x Shinsuke)
Suzu
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 07:52 AM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Awards: None

Shinsuke smirked as his friend cautioned him about the game's difficulty. There had been plenty of rough games he'd played, so he'd conditioned himself a bit over the years to tough it out. With that he shrugged and replied, "Well I guess that's why I have a friend who knows more about the game to advise me. If I get stuck somewhere I expect that you'll help me keep on going. After all, I've got to learn to keep up if we're going to team up."

Two boys who met as children on Kyushu were becoming men. Time would continue to march on, they would continue growing into the leaders they'd become. Ready or not they would one day be the leaders of two clans in this country. Even with centuries of relative peace, conflict could still arise from clans' ambitions. All the more important to have allies whom you could count on even with uncertainty in the future. Shinsuke was glad he could count the Azai as just that, with their heir once again his close friend. Whatever came of seeing Kaori - wherever that took them - he still had his friend.

"Why don't you link me later, and let's have a look at it right now. It looks like there's a lot of information to soak in," he replied when the homepage was displayed for him, "Maybe you can point out some of the equipment or builds you use? That might help me understand how everything comes together a bit better than just poking around on my own."

After making the request he laughed as a thought crossed his mind, "Um.. let's not mention this game to Inori. She'd probably get so good at it overnight that we both lose heart in our own abilities."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 09:28 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Nobuyori nodded, it was an agreement between men, to leave out the Todo sister. After all the two boys needed things just between themselves. They needed something to return the bond they once had, well, something besides Shinsuke's crush on Nobuyori's sister at least. The two would likely bond over this game. As Shinsuke suggested Nobuyori show him some builds the Azai boy nodded.

"I have a few builds I don't use often. My current build is a defense heavy machine that reflects my personal combat style. At first you should try playing on your own with random weapons and machine parts you find. Once you know your own playstyle then I can suggest builds. Right now it would be wasted." he obviously wasn't trying to put Shinsuke down, but he also didn't want to force his friend into something then turn around and change it later on.

"I think maybe someday we should let Kaori and Inori try it. Maybe after we both have quite a few more levels..." he suggested. He didn't feel right just leaving their sisters out. Though for now they certainly wanted to make sure their sisters wouldn't crush them on day one. He also said it, knowing that Kaori would never want to play a game like Mecha Vice. It simply wasn't her kind of time consumption.

"Also, I'm sure plenty of people at the school play it. Though I don't know who. In game you use aliases." he finished explaining.
"You can customize your mechs with crests though. So you can put a Todo crest on it if you'd like." and with that put his phone away and smiled. He had spent enough time talking about his game and was obviously giving the floor to Shinsuke.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 07:37 AM

Elite Member

So the deal was set. Neither clan heir would broach the subject of playing this game with their sisters immediately. Nobu was already a bit experienced with it, and waiting a bit would give Shinsuke time to acclimate himself as well. Once they both had some experience working together in their mechs, they could then safely involve one or both siblings. Hopefully that would allow them to be on an even playing field when Inori inevitably lucked her way into getting good at the game.

"Hm, I guess I'll just feel it out when I get into playing then. Every game seems to do different fighting styles differently, so it's hard to say what would suit me. It'd be kind of silly to jump out and say 'I'm going to do this role!' before I know what it does. For starters experimentation's going to be key," Shinsuke agreed with his friend, finding that fit well with his tendency to break things down into smaller steps. All in all it made it way easier to work through anything if you worked at one thing at a time rather than staring endlessly at the big picture.

"Now that said I'm sure that the moment Inori picks this up she's going to throw herself into some weird combination of gear. And somehow she'll find a way to make it work. Like that weird combo she figured out in Blazing Souls IV.. I still have no idea what she did to make that work," he shook his head with a wry grin, "She's just got a talent for accidentally making things work in games. Either that or she plays a ton when nobody's looking and gets good that way."

That spoken he gave the idea of customization some thought, "I think the important thing is what role I end up with, and what colors would suit the role the best. Something like a front line melee fighter would be suited with bright colors to draw an enemy's attention. But if I end up going ranged something more subtle probably would be more suitable. We'll play it by ear and see it." A path seemed to have been set out for learning the game, so what else was there to say today? Something else did come to mind, so he figured it was better to bring it up now rather than waiting.

"Oh, right, I recently heard from my parents that they'd like to invite your family to Agata again soon. They weren't sure about your schedule with classes and other duties, so they asked me to ask you. Don't worry, Lad... er.. Aunt Suzume will be in Edo, so we won't have to deal with her death glare all day long," Shinsuke related before grinning, "I think if we wait for spring vacation, that might be best if you don't have plans. Summer gets so humid in Agata that you step outside and need a shower two minutes later. If I can I'd rather spend the summers up here.."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 09:07 PM

Administrator

As Shinsuke talked about how he would choose to customize his mecha Nobuyori thought carefully about a suitable robot for Shinsuke. In Nobuyori's mind something with a lot of status effects might do well. Shinsuke certainly had a talent in real life for chatting with others and perhaps if he had a mech that could do the same, so to speak, it would be good? Though Shinsuke also wanted to fight at right, or possibly do melee. In Nobuyori's mind he had already made a light blue and white mecha with a lightning rapier and two guns, one on each arm. Then a lot of build in systems like hacking boosts, launchable flash grenades, etc. A mech that had a lot of hidden potential and didn't outwardly show everything it was capable of. In Nobu's mind it was a lot like Shinsuke himself.

In spite of Nobu's brain still on customizing a mech for his friend Shinsuke's thoughts had already moved to a new topic.
"Oh, right, I recently heard from my parents that they'd like to invite your family to Agata again soon. They weren't sure about your schedule with classes and other duties, so they asked me to ask you. Don't worry, Lad... er.. Aunt Suzume will be in Edo, so we won't have to deal with her death glare all day long," Shinsuke related before grinning, "I think if we wait for spring vacation, that might be best if you don't have plans. Summer gets so humid in Agata that you step outside and need a shower two minutes later. If I can I'd rather spend the summers up here.." Nobuyori snapped out of his mecha customization thoughts and smiled at Shinsuke. He hadn't seen shinsuke's home in quite a long time, in spite of being in Kyushu with Kire to discover a new, possible, relic.

He already knew he wouldn't say no, but he did need to add something.
"I would really like to join your family, and I know my parents would love to travel to Kyushu again. They've both been extremely busy and could likely use a small vacation. Even if they had to lie and say it was discuss trade." he said with a smirk. After all the leaders of a province couldn't often just take off for a week or more. It would mean leaving high ranking Azai clan loyalists in charge of the province while they where out. THough Omi had always been a fairly quiet province and it wasn't likely that any massive problem would happen while the Azai clan themselves stepped out.

"Also, I don't mind the weather, I mean.....we live next to a lake, near the coast. All we know is humidity." he said with a bit of a laugh. Though Kyushu was certainly further south than Omi and no doubt things got extra sticky in such a place.
"Spring or fall would be good though. Well, probably spring. If our clan isn't around for harvest time it would look bad." after all, the Azai represented the government, and needed to be around to aid the farmers during harvest.
"I do have one rule though. I'm very serious." and with that he rested his arms on the table, made a serious face, and leaned towards Shinsuke to look him directly in the eyes.
"No kissing my sister in front of me. I don't need to watch you two make out." he said in a very yakuza sounding tone. Even the thought of Kaori kissing a boy was awkward to him. He didn't need to see someone kissing on his sister, regardless of who it was. That was just.....gross.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 06:57 AM

Elite Member

Shinsuke was prepared to do whatever he could to make this trip a reality for the Azai. Obviously a clan lord's schedule was bound to be filled with important obligations, but where there was a will there was a way. If anyone could rearrange things to make it all work out for everyone, it was a Todo. The flexibility required to negotiate with myriad parties was just the sort of thing to use for creating a travel plan that fit everyone's needs. He would be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to goofing around Agata with his friend.. and seeing Kaori in person again. Just imagining them all together in the bright sun of a Kyushu summer, hanging out at the beach or out on the town, was enough to make him wish for time to jump ahead.

"I'm sure that we Todo can help create some kind of purpose to legitimize your visit if you need it. After all Kyushu's a strategic location for trade and the Azai are masters of that. It all fits together like hand in glove," Shinsuke nodded solemnly, finding his friend's suggestion to fit their purposes nicely, "If you'd prefer spring, then I'm sure that we can make sure something fun is on the docket for our guests. Wouldn't want you to get bored in Agata, after all.. though around that time my dad my have me help check in with local schools about the coming school year. Last year Aunt Suzume and I visit Agata Girls' High School on the clan's behalf.. that was an experience.."

The less said about that particular visit the better. Especially since he didn't want his friend to get the wrong idea about his interest in Kaori. Given the circumstances of that visit, too, it wasn't a situation where he could've made such connections anyhow. A story for another time. His friend was about to issue a condition for their visit though. That seriousness on Nobu's face and in his voice made it clear this was important to him. And.. it was a prohibition about kissing Kaori in front of her brother. Immediately Shinsuke blushed at the very suggestion of doing something like that, no matter that he'd actually thought about what it'd be like.

Immediately he had his hands up defensively, "Message received, my friend. You've got my word as a Todo that I'll be a perfect gentleman with her at all times. I care about her too much to get ahead of myself on stuff like this.."

Then he smiled a little and added, "And.. hey, if you ever have someone you like, you can let me know. I'm rooting for you!"

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 08:54 PM

Administrator

"Message received, my friend. You've got my word as a Todo that I'll be a perfect gentleman with her at all times. I care about her too much to get ahead of myself on stuff like this.."
Then he smiled a little and added, "And.. hey, if you ever have someone you like, you can let me know. I'm rooting for you!" at the words Nobuyori glared at Shinsuke a bit while smiling. It was clearly a sarcastic glare to jokingly say he didn't believe the boy what so ever. After all he had no doubt Shinsuke would kiss Kaori at some point. Though as long as he didn't just straight up snog his sister Nobuyori didn't care too much. After all he couldn't exactly get between them, and Kaori would be pretty upset if she couldn't even kiss the boy she liked. Though the thought made him uncomfortable, Shinsuke was at least trustworthy and it was something Nobuyori had little choice but to accept.

"I actually have someone at the Bugei I've had a crush on for a really long time." he said, nervously blushing a bit.
"I'm...planning to ask her to be my girlfriend soon." he said as he quickly took a drink to try and make himself calm down. It was the first time he had actively told someone and he felt extremely nervous. He wasn't sure how to tell Shinsuke, after all the boy would obviously know who it was. However, she wasn't related to him and he had told Nobuyori about his crush to it was only fair right?
"Its....Yuubae-san. Suishoku." he finally said, his face completely red.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 02:34 PM

Elite Member

Shinsuke wasn't really sure how far or fast any affection between himself and Kaori would develop. At least, not of the physical variety. He'd done various kinds of displays of affection with other girls, but nothing unacceptable in public. Even if he'd been the sort to 'date' multiple people in the past he was still a gentleman with a reputation to maintain. Maybe he'd sneaked in a kiss on the cheek or hand when no one was looking.. but that was it. Kaori was a different matter from anything in the past - this wasn't something you messed up by acting too fast. His promise was his bond in this case, he owed his friend - let alone the girl he liked - that much.

When his friend explained that he too had a crush, Shinsuke was fairly surprised. Imagine that! Both of them had someone they'd been thinking about for a long time in that sort of way. The boy leaned over the table a little as the excitement got to be too much to bear. Whoever had caught Nobu's attention must surely be someone special. Once the cat was out of the bag Shinsuke just grinned in response; Yuubae Suishoku made a ton of sense in this case. Shinsuke was fairly sure they'd known each other for a long time, so it wasn't too surprising to hear that there was the potential for more there.

"Yuubae-san? Well, you've got my support and my promise of secrecy. I mean, it's pretty exciting to hear that you like someone. But you should find the right time and place to take the next step without a bunch of other people talking about you behind your back," Shinsuke replied, attempting to be supportive, "I haven't really met her other than in passing, but I think she'll be good for you.. um.. I mean, you'll be good together."

Then he chuckled, "Now I just hope that Inori-chan doesn't suddenly tell me she has a crush on someone too. I can't imagine what kind of strange person would attract her attention..."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 1 2018, 06:46 PM

Administrator

The two boys smiled and laughed about both having crushes as Shinsuke said something that made them both grimace.
"Now I just hope that Inori-chan doesn't suddenly tell me she has a crush on someone too. I can't imagine what kind of strange person would attract her attention..." Nobuyori also felt the air get a bit chilled. Trying to think of how to respond diplomatically he wanted to shame Shinsuke for making fun of Inori like that but wasn't about to go that far.
"Yeah....I can't imagine anyone liking my sister," he started, deciding best to be tactful.
", but I mean, its my sister ya know? How can I imagine her dating someone? I'm sure Inori is the same way for you right?" he asked.

Then he realized he had just put his foot in his own mouth. After all, the boy who liked his sister was sitting literally right in front of him. That was the entire point of the conversation! Quickly snapping to attention he waved his hands in front of him as though to wipe away the words.
"Not that liking her is weird or wrong. It is just....an example ya know? it is strange to think of your siblings dating right?!" he said, giving a bit of an awkward laugh as though to hopefully clear out even some of the awkwardness of the situation he himself had managed to create.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: May 21 2018, 05:10 PM

Elite Member

Talking about your sister dating was probably the most awkward conversation Shinsuke had been involved in for a while. He realized his misstep moments after the words had left his mouth. If it was weird for him to imagine Inori liking someone, how hard must it have been for Nobu to hear about Kaori liking someone? The Todo boy ran a finger through some of his stray hair awkwardly as he tried to think how to salvage the situation. Both of them had said things the wrong way just now, so it was for the best that they find a way to put the topic to rest.

"Yeeeah, I think that it's only natural for us to think of it as weird. I mean, they're our little sisters and it doesn't seem like they're old enough to be dating. Not that long ago Inori-chan was the quiet little girl making flower arrangements with weeds in them.. and if she told me she liked someone now, it'd be a bit of a shock," Shinsuke admitted, "So how about this? If.. that does happen, can I count on you for support working through that?"

With that he paused a moment before adding, "And let me know if I get too overbearing with Kaori-chan. I want to be a gentleman and your friend.. and that won't happen if I overstep my bounds."

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 23 2018, 06:49 PM

Administrator

"So how about this? If.. that does happen, can I count on you for support working through that?" A chill hung in the air still as Nobuyori thought for a moment. Shinsuke reminded Nobuyori of how his sister use to be and Nobuyori blinked a bit.
"And let me know if I get too overbearing with Kaori-chan. I want to be a gentleman and your friend.. and that won't happen if I overstep my bounds." in truth Nobu's mind was still on Shinsuke's words about support for working through things.
"I feel like....if anything....we should make a support group for her boyfriend, Also maybe for you." he said and looked away for a moment, a clear grimace on his face. After all, Shinsuke only knew of Kaori's sweet side, which admittedly was most of the time. However having grown up with her Nobuyori was certainly aware of how bratty his sister could become.
"Also, worry more about our mom than me." he pointed out, laughing a bit with a genuine smile.

The Lady of the Azai house was nothing to scoff at. It was well known she was a strong woman and started out as a farm hand before marrying the current lord of Omi, Nobuyori's father. In a lot of ways Nobuyori felt his mother was far stronger than any of the men in the Azai clan, and even their samurai. While this likely wasn't true, it was how Nobu's mind viewed things.
"I hope your mom is doing well too. I know our moms talk a lot, but I myself haven't actually seen your mom in a while. I'm sure Kaori probably talks a lot about you too her. It might be a good idea to tell Kaori to say hi to our mom for you." it was him being sincere. Even Shinsuke could tell. Nobu did actually care for his little sister, and Shinsuke, and wanted the two of them to be happy. Not that he could or would outright say that. Instead he simply gave a suggestion to help Shinsuke deal with their rather strong mother, the Lady Azai.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY