Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Don't they hand out maps!? (open), Miyuki gets lost....again...
Matsushina
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 12:06 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Awards: None

"Well, that's good on you, Shirafune-san". Commenting with delight on his tone, "you should know the importance of being a medic one day". He paced himself slowly as made his way up the stairs.

He can see doubt clouding her, he is suffering from the same dilemma - self-doubt and endless worries, more about others than himself however. "That's actually a noble goal, Shirafune-san. I hope you will be able to accomplish that; keeping your friend alive and protecting them, because that's also my wish. To be able to protect those I cherish, which is really everyone in this school - you included, even if I didn't know you for long".

He peeked at her, she seemed sick? No, he doesn't really know. But she blushed after he made a comment about her. What could be happening to her. He continued to watch over her until they reached the top of the stair case.

"You know, if you're not feeling well, we can head for the nurse's office. Up to you".

"And, yes, we first years are allowed to be up here, last time I had a class on the third floor - which is for third years."

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 01:53 AM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Suishoku sighed a little and took slower sips once feeling more calm. Thoughts of the sudden change in having a normal class room and asking for help with a test only to have the next instance to be cramped darkness the next were like stark spikes prodding into her. It sent chills down her back as her free hand felt a particular spot on the side of her head. Her fingers rubbing the area of where her clover hair clip used to be and still has yet to be replaced. If not ever. A minor scare would be its last imprint since the metal hair decoration dug into her skull but her hair has grown since making it near impossible to notice. Sometimes she would offer prayer to the room but other times she mostly stood outside it in silence reservation to not spook anyone.

It was then she heard some noise echoing from the stairwell. Voices were heard coming from the stair case, sounding in both amaze and in a carried polite tone. "Sounds like first years," she mused and lowered the lip of her coffee milk. If not some new first years for the spring, it could be a tour for some future student while there was pace. The room she stood just so happens to be near the stairs where Suishoku a few feet from them.

From what she saw, a girl with wide-eyed looks about her. Her statement about first-years being allowed on the second floor was cute enough to get her to chuckle. "Hehe, yes," she answered admits her amused chuckling. One other person accompanied the girl though. Judging by their uniform was this person a male and of a higher house. A picturesque lord in their youth.

Suishoku waved to them in greeting before walking over to them casually. Pretending her Elite uniform didn't exist, the Maeda and Elite patches weren't there on her person, but it'll be hard to hide it the moment either of them point it out. "Hello. Having a school tour? Sorry I couldn't help but overhear. Are you first years? The school floors are pretty open for first years to wander them. Above us would be the third floor areas and teacher offices." She asked rhetorically since it was plainly obvious. Over hearing something about the Nurse's office, Suishoku raised a brow in concern of this. "Is something the matter? Do you have a spring cold, miss?" The girl did look red faced but did lack a dizzy tiring look to them but one can't be too careful. "I'm Yuubae Suishoku. Sorry to be butting in," she gently apologized. Her sullen mood moment before brightening once interacting with them. She stood with her drink held loosely around the rim with her finger tips and free arm resting on her duffle bag sling.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Culaco
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 04:28 AM

Member No.: 132

Yes, the Honda heir seemed kinder than she'd ever expected somebody higher than her to be. He even told her that he understood the need for medics in the field. That was a relief, she'd heard of too many people that believed that medics had no place near the battlefield and should be kept in hospitals where they could be protected and treat those who were wealthy and could afford to buy their private services.

She was of the mindset that it was a medic's job to help as many people as possible, even at risk to her own personal health and safety. It was why she was at the Bugei to begin with, after all.

Then Matsu asked about her blush and it deepened unwittingly, but before she could even attempt to deny it they were approached by another girl wearing a version of the uniform that Miyuki couldn't recognize. She shook her head and waved her hands in the air, as if trying to dispel something.

"Ah, no I'm fine. Thank you for your concern though, Honda-sama, Yuubae-san." She smiled, bowing at the waist to Yuubae, like father had taught her. Always be polite to people that didn't know you. It was always important to make a good first impression when meeting somebody. "I am Shirafune Miyuki, it's a pleasure to meet you."

She would leave it up to Matsu whether or not the girl's butting in was appreciated or cared about. He was of a higher class than herself anyway, so his opinion mattered most.

--------------------
PM
^
Matsushina
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 05:03 AM

Bugei Adventurer

They have company and it seems to be a senior. He recognized the uniform, judging from it she was an "elite student". And, as he recognize a specific, but not clearly evident symbol of the Maeda. He grasped the situation immediately, as both he and Shirafune was distracted by the sudden appearance of the upperclassmen. But he didn't mind her intrusion. This would help him more, if she's willing to spend a little bit of time with them.

"If that's so Shirafune-san". Matsushina bobbed his head in a nodding motion and smiled lightly at her.

"Oh yes, I'm giving her a brief school tour, Yuubae-san. Well thanks for the addition in information - I still think that there's floor restrictions, to some extent. It's my bad to think like that. Also, we were about to head to the nurse's office, because Shirafune-san appeared unwell for a moment there, but it seems that she's just fine".

"And, I'm Honda Matsushina. I'm sure we've met before Yuubae-san". Matsushina would tilt his head, almost making a slight bow in her direction and smiled at her. His eyes flicked back and forth at the hallways of the second floor, it looked a bit different. But in a good way. The new architectural design is nothing less than superb in his opinion.

"So, did they finish with the repairs or are they still continuing with it and implementing innovations to the building? And, would you like to accompany us to higher floors, Yuubae-san? That is if you have the time to spare."

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 05:24 AM

Platinum Poster

"Oh good. The Nurse's office is actually a short walk from here to the other side of the building if needed." She smiled lightly. "Hmm, I see. Shirafune-chan and Honda-san. A pleasure to meet you both." Suishoku nodded to each one but started tapping her drink by the Honda name. Already the formalities were fading away. Mostly by Shirafune's cute first year reactions. "Think I had a few classes with you before and some places last year. Don't you have a sister that's also in the school?" She then asked, having some classes with the other girl as well. Between the two Hondas, she vaguely remembered running into the younger sister more so.

Since that particular question was neither here nor there, whether Matsushina would answer that or not, the girl turned slightly to look back toward the class room she's been eyeing for awhile till their arrival. "Yeah, the rooms look to be in much better shape. There are still a few bottles with flowers in them in some corners of the classrooms so just be careful of those." She spoke. The flowers mostly for the students who died rather than cute decorations. "But I can't say you're not completely wrong." She took a brief drink of her coffee milk and motioned down the hallway once more with it. "These rooms are mostly for second years and track lecture halls. You'd see a good mix of first and second years here. It's just uncommon to find a few third years if the usual room is occupied."

"If you'll have me, I wouldn't mind answering most questions. My club doesn't gather for a few hours since finishing a lecture upstairs." Suishoku explained and willfully gave her free time. Most of her free time was to herself when not meeting the other people she just happened to know from past encounters. "Oh, you're still a first year though, Honda-san? I thought you would be a second year this spring." the boy was present last year after all and it's no secret of his natural talent when hearing rumors around the underground training facility.

--------------------

PM
^
Culaco
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 05:43 AM

She was mostly content to remain silent whilst the two more experienced students spoke, not knowing a whole lot about what their discussion was about. She got the vague gist of the whole thing though and now that she took some time to look around, she could actually spot a vase or two filled with flowers around the halls of the second floor. Those were for people that had been killed during the earthquake? It was almost a terrifying thought, really. The idea of being up here, watching as the world around you collapsed, burying you.

She shook her head slightly, turning slightly pale from just the thought of it. She knew she couldn't afford to be squeamish as a medic, but it was slightly difficult to not feel bad when she thought of such horrible things that had happened to students that would have been her senior.

Instead, she chose to file away the information that Matsu had a sister, idly wondering if she'd ever meet the girl. It was unlikely, considering how unlikely it was that she'd be spending time with the Honda heir after this was over. From what he'd said, they were on different tracks and it was unlikely that she'd share any classes with him at all unless they happened to sign on for the same additional classes.

She did feel slightly out of the loop though, but she was more than content to just stand back and listen for now. She really didn't have anything to add to the conversation between the two.

--------------------
PM
^
Matsushina
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 06:42 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Yes! What I remember is that we've had a few classes together, also, I do have a sister - Mikazuki, we're identical twins, and I'm the older one". He was now in a much better mood than before. And, with the mention of his sister he become elated. It's been a while since he last met and talked to her - he really miss her and want to see her again. But he must wait, for last he heard she's away doing a mission from school. He briefly pray for her safety.

"How is my sister? If you've seen her around, I haven't had the chance to due to many oversea travels and politic affairs that I had to participate in". His voice almost filled with lament due to his lack of interaction with his sister.

He brushed off the thought of those events, concentrating on his company.

"It's also a pleasure to meet you again, Yuubae-san".

With the mention bottles of flowers, Matsushina would clasp his hand together to form a praying hands. And, he would offer his prayers for the students and staffs that may have lost their lives in the wake of the great Kanto Earthquake. He hoped they find peace and finally rest. It was definitely a great loss

Matsu's eyes followed Yuubae's finger, looking at the track lecture halls. "Ah, I've had classes here before. A long time ago that is, time move really fast since then. Over a year has passed". His eyes now almost shining like a see-through glass. He would look over at Shirafune Miyuki, the other girl, motioning for her to come closer.

"Come closer, Shirafune-san, what are you doing there? Don't just stand there".

"Ah, well about that, it's related to my many absences. I will hopefully be a second year this spring, Yuubae-san."

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 07:12 AM

Platinum Poster

"Identical huh? Older too? I...actually couldn't have guessed." Suishoku replied while blinking a bit to have that news sink in. When one did think about it, they used to be in the same classes together, the Honda twins anyway. Despite the boy's request of any further knowledge about Mikazuki, Suishoku shook her head at him. "Sorry, can't say I have see much of her lately." This being a given. At the start of last year, Suishoku would be a senior by a year over the twins. Now she'll be 2 or 3 times their senior now thanks to becoming an Elite. Sharing classes with first and second years became far less common if tracks and clubs don't conveniently overlap. "She does go to the Home Ec club often since that club room is just down the hall from Ceremony club."

Mentioning the club buildings, Suishoku paused a moment to motion toward Shirafune. The girl was oddly quiet during her chat with Matsushina that Suishoku wondered if something was wrong with them. Earlier were they very bright and cheerful but then quickly shifted to some silent maiden in waiting. Is it cause of him? Or cause I'm a senior to them? Suishoku lightly worried if this was the case before speaking out to her. "Just to the side of the main school building, we have a club area. We can hit that up toward the end of the tour if you like. Spring may get difficult later on but we'll help you get familiar with some if you choose to join any."

She offered the new girl a warm smile before indicated to the vending machine she was just standing in front of awhile ago. "How about I get you guys some drinks. It's going to be a bit of a walk and talk as a tour group. Personally, my fav is the coffee milk." Having said this with beaming emphasis for her number one drink, her head turned to Matsushina after a brief prayer was given to the fallen.

"They'll appreciate the effort," her tone softened. "A year has passed and, well, last year was how it was for everyone. I'm kinda surprised and, well, not that you were pulled away. Many others were given leave to head home to deal with things. As for second year, it'd likely be a breeze for you if you're not bogged down with paper work." She took a long swig of her drink and started searching for her wallet.

"But, since we're still on the second floor and talking about the coming second year, have you decided on what track you'll be?" Suishoku asked Matsushina then directed her attention to Miyuki. "By second year, a track would needed to be set up. Do you have an idea of what you want to be as well? You are free to change tracks and try out others before sticking to one."

--------------------

PM
^
Culaco
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 07:27 AM

Oh dear, she'd been spotted standing over to the side, not saying anything. She really hoped they didn't think that she had a problem with either one of them, it wouldn't do to make them think that she was the type to dislike somebody on face value alone. She didn't want to come off as somebody so fickle and shallow, especially considering how much she was going to have to work to honor that Date clan for sponsoring her.

She was surprised when the new girl, Yuubae, mentioned clubs. Had she been too hasty in signing up for two clubs immediately? "Ah, that's fine. I've already signed up for some clubs." She admitted, toeing at the floor idly. Now that she thought of it, it sounded like a very hasty thing to do.

"But I'd like to see the club area. It'd help to see where I have to go to find my clubs." She smiled again, bowing slightly at the waist in thanks, before blinking at the offer of a drink. Was she thirsty? She...really didn't know. She didn't feel too thirsty, but it'd be rude to refuse the offer, wouldn't it?

"I-I'll take one of those then, please." She smiled, nodding towards the drink that the other girl had mentioned and falling quiet as some talk was made over what happened last year with the Kanto earthquake.

The talk of tracks was far more welcome though. After the question was poised to Matsu, she smiled and nodded excitedly as it was asked to her too. This was the part she knew she could easily talk about. "Ah, I have my heart set on becoming a field medic, so I'm definitely taking the Medic track. I want to help people out in the field."

--------------------
PM
^
Matsushina
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 08:03 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"I didn't know that was a surprise and wasn't a common knowledge, Yuubae-san". He tilted his head down slightly, appearing apologetic due to the sudden revelation of fact. "And, I see...Well, hopefully I get to see her soon. " He was hopeful, his tone of voice indicate that he is reassured. "Oh, so she is often seen in the Home Ec Club, then I better make a visit there from now on". He nodded and looked outside of the window at the sky.

"Oh? What clubs did you sign up for Shirafune-san?" He would pose the question to her, he's curious about what club she had picked. "Well, if you want to know which clubs I'm a member of: I am a member of the Track and Bugei clubs". He would chuckle as he remembers the first day of being recruited into those clubs by upperclassmen.

"Thank you for the kind offer for drinks Yuubae-san, it would be rude of me not to take it, so if you would?" He gestured himself to move closer, maybe if he can help her somewhat with getting the three of them drinks. "Do you maybe need any help? To get drinks, I am willing and I have nothing to do at the moment so..."

"Yuubae-san I will also take a coffee milk"

He always liked canned coffee milk, he's no stranger to that.

"Okay, since Yuubae-san is here she can guide us around the club area. If that's fine with you? Yuubae-san". It was a good offer he cannot deny, he would take the opportunity to explore the newly repaired campus building as well, what a great chance and set of luck today. This week augurs well, must be because of auspicious turns of events.

"Hopefully it will be a breeze, maybe I can even advance further if I perform better this time around? Let's see."

He placed his hands on his waist and looked all over the hallways before looking at the two before him.

"And, I already picked my track: Cavalry Bushi. I think I want to be a Bushi until the end. I have a certain fondness of horse and I'm highly compatible with the track I elected, so I think there's no problem, Yuubae-San".

"Shirafune-san, that's a very inspiring goal, and definitely a good one to have. Did you know that? You have such a kind heart, I wish to become more like you. I won't mind putting my life on the line for the sake of others".

"I may however try out other tracks given the chance, Yuubae-san, again thank you for the information".

He nodded his head.

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 02:53 PM

Platinum Poster

Her hand withdrew the wallet from the depths of her bag and she walked over to the machine to grab one more coffee milk for the pair. The machine clinked and clattered out the drink and the money purse was dropped back into her bag. She knelt down to pick it up the newly dispensed drink once Matsushina stepped near her. She chuckled and set the first drink in his hand since he did made himself the closest. "It's fine. I got another ready," she answered with a purr as she produced the second drink from her bag. The one she bought earlier for herself.

She got back up from a knelt position to hand the second drink to Miyuki. "A new medical track member? I'm surprised we have some new faces. It wasn't like this the previous years," the senior admitted but it wasn't as if the track easily drew in people as Bushi did. "Calvary would also be a good compliment as well as supplying another member to their group. Don't get many students like that either. But," the woman shrugged mid-sentence. "if it will be Bushi for you then Bushi would extend the current abilities to their peak." In what ways and how were methods she wouldn't know out of track differences.

"I look forward to maybe working with you, Shirafune-chan. We'll likely be sharing several lecture halls in the future." She grinned in the welcoming of a fellow medical track student but couldn't help but express some concern in their choice. Her thumb covered the opening of her drink as she held the can like a chin rest. Mainly because they wanted to be a 'field' medic and not simply a 'doctor'. "A field medic would require some extra training though on top of the basic training all first years into second get. Most times it won't always be tent dispatch. Will you be okay when traveling with a mission team?"

--------------------

PM
^
Culaco
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 03:37 PM

She smiled, accepting the drink that Yuubae had given to her with a slight bow before cracking it open, taking a sip and sighing in relief. She'd never actually had something like this before, but it was good. She'd have to make a note that this vending machine offered a drink that she actually seemed to really enjoy. She was careful to watch her thumb when opening it though, she didn't need any matching scars to the one she already had. One scar on the hand was enough.

"Oh, are you in the medical track then too, Yuubae-san?" She smiled. It was nice to meet somebody that seemed to be a part of the same track as her, though the blush from earlier returned as Matsu decided to give her another compliment.

"T-thank you Honda-sama, your words are too kind for this one." Came her polite response, hastily taking another sip of her drink to will her blush away. It was unbecoming of her to react so extremely to a positive comment about her character, especially since she was supposed to be a representative of the Date clan now.

The concern from the older girl was nice though. It was nice to know that she cared enough to ask. "I appreciate your concern, but honestly, if it takes a little extra learning to help me get onto the field and save lives, then I say teach me everything!" She was determined to achieve that goal. Medics and doctors were even more sought after on ships and boats, if she ever wanted to travel she'd have to be as good as she could get.

"Many warriors die because of a wound that simply wasn't treated fast enough. If I could be out there, healing people almost as soon as they were injured, perhaps I'd make a difference." She smiled, nodding at the thought of her own ideal. Perhaps, if she were out there, a child somewhere could listen to their father's war stories, instead of hearing about their father from their mother.

--------------------
PM
^
Matsushina
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 06:53 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Ah, thank you Yuubae-san", gratefully accepting the can of coffee milk that was given to him, however he noticed a strange purr and looked around, did they allow for animal - besides the horses on the stable - the be stalking around the campus building? But then he found out the true source, it was Yuubae-san. "How cute", he thought to no one in particular, but himself. He would observe the conversation between the two, he was glad Shirafune-san managed to get to know someone. Even if a senior, it's still something of a good start.

"I see, so Bushi then, huh". Matsu would give it a long thought aftering hearing everything she has to say about his choice, before finally snapping back to the two before him. Matsu would deftly open the can and took a light sip before pulling it away from his mouth. Taking to heart what she had to say about Bushi and Cavalry track.

"Oh no, Shirafune-san, it's just how I feel about you. I admire you."

Matsu would continue to watch over the two of them.

He looked at Miyuki for a while, at least before finally speaking in his turn. After the two are finished with their medic track discussion. He can tell what kind of person they are now, and he approve of them.

"Well then, will you nurse me some time? Shirafune-san. Or, become my personal nurse?"

Matsu would giggle lightly. Hoping that statement didn't make her uncomfortable in anyway, it was a light-hearted statement on his end. Hoping he would help her ease up as he felt that she's uncomfortable with the two.

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 09:05 AM

Platinum Poster

Suishoku scratched at the side side of her cheek a little at the honest statement. They sound fully committed to being a healer in a sort of matriarch sort of way. A concerning way as if they would be the ones to heal the world. "How long have you thought of doing that?" She asked about their convictions. It was very idealistic that it was also a concern.

She took a brief drink and shook the half empty can a little. She noticed the reddening face of Miyuki and the choice of words Matsushina continued to gove in priase by their idealistic approach as well. "You would have to be injured first," she sighed at the Honda. No longer there were doubts that his words were of gratitude and very focused in jokingly making that offer. "I'm sure your family can make those arrangements happen but that's a bit much to go offering toward a newly enrolled student. She kinda needs the training done at least. Wouldn't do much good to distract them as they work by those compliments. Hopefully you wouldn't mind that someone else ends up tending you when things become hectic." They were short enough on medics in the first place that the idea, even flirting to keep a personal aid, felt like the boy was getting too far ahead of himself in the flirting department. She shook her head at him and took a drink before bringing up something that did bother her a little besides Matsushina's showering of compliments.

"Shirafune-san, you don't have to bow to me as deeply as with Honda-san. It's a little too stiff after the first greeting since we'll be training a bit in the future." Maybe this would give the girl some leeway after possibly being peppered by compliments. It sounded like Matsushina was fully convinced she can be a great healer basiced on ideals alone. "We'll be classmates on the same track after all for most days and working in the nurse's office with Ms. Aki." The senior hinted at what most students will be doing once some basic training has been applied that they can work alongside the school nurse for patching up students returning from missions or whatever they happened to get from Yagyu's training.

"Hmm, but, after we cover the third and roof, what has that covered so far in Shirafune's tour?" She now asked to keep track if there were any places the two has already covered before their meeting. "Pretty sure you're already moved into the dorms and got accustomed to the adminities, yes?"

--------------------

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel