Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Great way to start off A first Day. (Alida)
Gawf
 Posted: May 4 2017, 11:08 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Awards: None

The Door to the school closed behind Ryuji as he entered rain Dripping off of him. It was the Second of may and it was raining cats and dogs outside. He looked up at the clock Seven Am. Plenty of time to find his way around here.
Or so he thought. He had been wandering around the Now populated school for about an hour now making circles inside the building, And to think this was just the first floor. He took a seat in the cafeteria and rested his head down on the table. What a fantastic way to start my day. He Uttered to himself.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 4 2017, 11:45 PM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Suishoku arrived into the school, donning a hooded rain poncho for the heavy weather. It was an early rainy season it seems and like it wasn't going to let up for the whole day. "Grmm..wanted to head out into the city," the student groaned and shook off some rain water and changed out her shoes from outdoor to indoor. It's still a bit early enough to grab something to eat from the cafeteria so she headed there to find something light to compliment her coffee milk addiction. Sometimes it's days like this she missed passing by the convenience store but now the students all lived in dorms so no more being the local 24/7's new daily customer.

Water rolled down the yellow plastic of her poncho in smaller beads of water that continued to cling on and drop from the ends of the plastic and hood. She pulled the hood back and pulled out her ponytail as she entered. Quite a few students already were in for the morning and seems normal enough. Didn't even see the rifle club members either which added a minor plus for her day. As Suishoku walked by the tables, her nosy self caught sight of a student with their head down on the table. Looked like they failed an exam or something by how they just rested there limply. She raised a brow at them and kept walking to get some melon bread. More sugar to wake the brain up or so.

Once purchasing some melon bread from the breakfast stand did Suishoku turned to walk past the same table. The body there keeping its head down still. Maybe they're sick? That wouldn't be good. She tapped on the plastic wrapped pastry before approaching from the other side to poke as his tossled head. "You...alive there?"

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 5 2017, 12:41 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Ryuji heard a voice call out. Are you alive? He snickered to himself as he heard this. Barely just barely.He said as he raised his head to see another person, and it looked like an upperclassman at that. Sorry about the snark, Just having a peachy first day is all. Dammit again with the Sarcasm. He really needed to kick that habit. Im Ryuji, Bessho Ryuji and Its my first day,and lost to boot. Thinking back it would have been an intelligent decision to at least grab a map before hand.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 5 2017, 12:59 AM

Platinum Poster

Her hand retreated away once the mess of hair raised to answer her back with an odd smirk. A brow raised at the snark and oddly cocky guy but she'll take it. Better than seeing a ghostly face of someone who hasn't eaten in three days. "That so...," she replied and took this time to sit down. Her school duffle bag under her rain poncho making an rounded lump with it moved to sit in her lap. "Yuubae Suishoku," she introduced herself before getting straight to the point. No real need for clan mentioning. "You just enrolled into the spring, Ryuji?" The way she said this was out of curiosity of his timing. Truly the boy's timing couldn't be at its worse but there is the odd chance he knew and Suishoku tried to be less of a downer in conversation with others. 'Tried' being the keyword and 'success' being its varying results.

"Anyway, do you even know where your homeroom is?"
Shouldn't be too hard. First floor was granted for the first years. Suishoku continued to prod him with questions to see how lost the boy really was. While doing all this, her hands started opening the plastic wrapping of her bread. Her main study courses were a lecture for the day. Her classes becoming slightly skewed since advancing to her newest year.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 5 2017, 01:53 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Thats right, I had to join a little later than everyone else but here i am. Also nice to meet you Miss Shishoku. He said as he put his palm on his chin to support his head. Say i heard that a lot of people with those ancient weapons are enrolled here Scions or somthing. That true? Even heard the Shogun pops up around here every once and awhile. The questions would just keep coming as Ryuji thought of them. Oh and Im in class One C, No idea where it is though! And i tried to look believe me but i was able to kill an hour before giving up and sitting down. Tell me Miss Suishoku What is your track? From Your stature Id say ninja, No Wait samurai maybe? No Definitely ninja, Archer maybe?

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 5 2017, 02:16 AM

Platinum Poster

"Chatty," she whispered to herself while listening and nodding. Frankly amazing that he even wandered around for a solid hour and still couldn't find his classroom. Just where was he even looking!? She moved the melon bread to take a bit out of it only to lower her meal as Ryuki continued speaking. This guy sure has a lot of energy for seemingly looking dead before. "I suppose winter travel may have been difficult to postpone your arrival. I'm not the most ideal person but welcome to Edo all the same." Suishoku smiled a bit and held onto her meal in the meantime.

His questions seemed both odd and fairly normal. It was as if he didn't read much in the school when first enrolling but neither did she. All she knew was that the school was a military school of sorts that functions as Edo's youth guard in a way. His thoughts of the Shogun showing up on campus often was met with a weak chuckle as if the guy was for real in wondering that. Even she knew that the Shogun would rarely drop by without some ceremony announcement. The Shogun's son, Kenji, though was a different matter. Now that boy would do that. Suishoku sighed through her nose at the irked thought of Kenji.

"As for Scions, yes. It's no secret that Scions are brought here to Edo Bugei to be granted the education and training under the Shogun's orders." The senior spoke with acceptance in her voice. This was the way things are. "Were you one such person? Or did you come to Edo Bugei under family? Clan? Your own choice?" Ryuji seemed very open to be talking so plainly about the state of things. It was hard to say that he had any issues with the ruling Shogun or reverence in being in Edo. Again did Suishoku try to eat out of bread snack only to have questions directed at herself.

"Hmm? Me?" She had to pause since the topic of herself wasn't given much questionnaire before. Ryuji's guesses humored her as well as he went from ninja to samurai and back. "What do you take me for?" She asked with a brief laugh. Her imagination filling in as though she had a more muscular physic hidden. "I'm not that muscular under this raincoat. I do take archery as a hobby though." Feeling her snack has waited enough, Suishoku took a large bite out of it and tried to savor her breakfast as quickly as possible to not keep Ryuji waiting.

"I'm actually part of the Medical track here,"
she finally answered and got up from her seat at the table. They were slowly burning away the hour they had left before classes begin. "If you hadn't gotten any breakfast, I can wait for you and show you to your classroom at least."

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 5 2017, 02:42 AM

Bugei Adventurer

I am here bluntly because i was told to be here.My uncle Told me to enroll so i did, and no im not a scion. Would be a neat experience if i where. He said as he lifted his head off of his Hand. Small world! Im on the medical track as well! Im Hoping to get more experience as a surgeon here, im also pretty good at Medicine making, Brought some of my garden with me from Kamigori. He said with a laugh. Oh no i had breakfast at Six at the dorm, and that would be Pretty Rad of ya miss Suishoku. He said As he got up as well. So are you a scion miss Suishoku?

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 5 2017, 10:18 AM

Platinum Poster

"Told to be here?" Suishoku took another bite of her breakfast and nodded slowly. "Your uncle recommended you here, huh." Wasn't much of a statement really but Ryuji must have a fair ability to get into Bugei without being a Scion. His comment about the 'neat experience' of being a Scion made her smile politely. "Would it really be?"

She motioned for him to walk with her out of the cafeteria to they can start finding his classroom and still chat. Interesting that he was a gardener along with wanting to be a surgeon. Showing him the green house would be beneficial for his medicine making."You really woke up that early and still couldn't find your class. Just where were you looking exactly?" Maybe he was at the club building the whole time but thanks to meeting some people with an even poorer sense of direction. Since they were slowly exiting out of the lunch room, the girl stopped by the vending machine to grab her coffee milk on the way out. Can't start the day without this. "Want anything from here too?" She offered to buy whatever he felt like as well before carrying on.

"Yes,"
she answered flatly when asked if she was a Scion. He'll find out at some point anyway so it no longer mattered in keeping that hush. "And it's like redoing a whole school year to keep up without the right background." Jokingly or not, it sure felt that way to her for being a civilian first before enrollment. "Medical Track lectures, along with most studies, would be held on the second floor. We'll be sharing the same room most days."

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 5 2017, 11:37 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Yeah, i heard Scions all Have Powers that totally outrank normal students by comparison He said as he followed her. Well you looking around.. the general area... He said as he rubbed the back of his head. Truth is he didn't even know where he was looking. He Shook his head when she offered to buy him a drink, He was already relying on her a lot already, And mooching wouldn't leave a good first impression. Oh that is pretty sweet!He said as he heard her say they would be sharing a room. Hey are things lively Around here? or is it just a regular school that just so happens to have super powered Teenagers running around inside?

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 5 2017, 01:45 PM

Platinum Poster

"I wouldn't think that," Suishoku shrugged but what was she one to talk about when it comes to certain Scions that make themselves complete with battle training. There's just no way to catch up to that level of combative skill if they've been training all their lives through some dojo or family trainer. No drinks for him then. A shame. She shook the coffee milk container in her other hand as Ryuji tried to make some generalization on ... something. Suishoku just looked at him in expectation for more with a confused look on her face. "Looking around at...what?" This didn't answer anything which only left both students at a loss where that thread was going.

Once outside of the cafeteria and heading down the hallways toward the classroom section, they would pass by the many display armors the school had in its lobby area. Mostly for honor or decoration which made the walk more like they're inside a museum than a school. "It'd be nice to chat with another student in the field but I'm still learning. Far from an expert if you don't mind that," Suishoku nodded and ate her small break meal. The sugar cookie top crunching away during the first year's very generalized thoughts of the school. It's his first day and all so she couldn't be too hard on him. "You're kinda making the school out to be something out of a light novel or manga when you put it that way." Super powered teens running around in a school. Sounds like fun if the reality had any of that. "In all fairness, Bugei is about as a normal military school as it could be." Suishoku felt a need to stress that part. "You spend your first year maintaining your educational studies. If you have a track in mind, they'll be added as special classes on top of your usual math, science, and social studies. The main difference here would be that the school allows weapons and students take on missions based on problems within the country."

After explaining this did Suishoku stopped in the hall to raise a brow at him with a question of her own. "Say, not to be rude, Ryuji. Your Uncle suggested going to Bugei, right? Didn't he tell you what kind of school it'll be?" Now this is rather troubling. Who sends off their kid to a school like this? Not knowing a thing of where they're going or what it'll be like. It was almost as if Ryuji got dropped off in Edo over night like some abandoned kid.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 5 2017, 02:56 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Ryuji cursed himself as she pointed out his fumbling of words. He did his best to erase the memory of that from his mind. Ah well hypothetically speaking i may or may not been briefed on the school already and forgot about it.Ryuji let out a Awkward laugh after he said this. He already had screwed up today why not be honest and run with it?
And My uncle was very vague when he told me about this school. He said i would get plenty of practice with my medical skills. Dont know if he meant practical or book experience, And my father was rather at home with the idea.
With both of them pushing me towards this i couldn't really say no
He admitted He also told me i would have to interact with people more and it would do wonders for me, My father i mean. Back at my old school i think i talked to another student once about borrowing an eraser and that was the extent of it. Living by-myself is new as well. Ryuji would continue on this tangent for a few more Minutes before he quieted down.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 5 2017, 04:16 PM

Platinum Poster

It's already too late to be hypothetical now, was the look Suishoku gave him accompanied with a small dry sigh. The last of her bread eaten away and washed down with a sip of her drink. His situation sounded familiar though as she wiped her lip clean with her thumb. She listened to him patiently though as his comments drifted further from what she was asking to more of an expression on his situation. He really should meet up with some other first year boys soon back at the dorm.

"They say Edo Bugei is a place of opportunity. Doing well here would ensure some level of employment later on. Be it within Edo, your home clan, or another's if the trade was fair enough. I'm in no place to say that you should or shouldn't be here. Your Uncle isn't wrong though about practice. Medical Track students are granted the opportunities to work with Nurse Aki in her office. Being a surgeon may have her asking you to take part in some serious cases."

Ryuji could probably piece together her last sentence and what his Uncle said at this point. He seemed like a smart guy. Her arm moved outward a bit as she took a moment to check if the water had dried off enough to attempt taking off her rain poncho as she asked him rather nonchalantly, "But it sounds like your Uncle knows somethings. I'll be free to still answer any questions you got and even during the medical lectures. Do you have regrets already for your first day? Some students are a bit reclusive in the dorms but it shouldn't get too lonely."

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 6 2017, 01:33 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Nah If everything went like it was supposed to i wouldn't have gotten an excuse to talk to you He said with a smile on his face. Another thing crossed his mind As he remembered what his uncle told him about the school.
After General studies is combat training yeah? Like Sparring and stuff, My uncle warned me there might be some hazing when the spars start. This wouldnt be a problem buttttt Ryuji Looked over his shoulder and around before speaking again. Im Hot garbage at actual no holds bar combat. Speaking of combat what weapons do you perfer?

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 6 2017, 04:50 PM

Platinum Poster

"Actually we would have met in the medical lecture instead," the senior corrected him before coming around to agree that this meeting was also for the better. "But this meeting is a lot more easier to meet you one on one." Seeing that her rain poncho has dried up now, she motioned for him to hold on a moment as she set her drink down to slip off the glaring piece of plastic and start folding it up. Underneath was a uniform similar to the one Ryuji wears but tailored differently in the sleeves and coat and tassels hanging from the right breast to shoulder. On the arm was an emblem sewn in, a Maeda Clan emblem.

Suishoku folded up the cheap plastic to tuck away into the duffel bag she carried around for her school supplies. A nod given about Ryuji's note of sparring and stuff. "They will teach you the basics to survive an engagement. By second year, it's fairly open if you wish to continue the training or not. Some students of the arts do very little of it." Now with the rain poncho taken care of she picked up her drink to savor another gulp. "What do you use? A no holds bar combat is pretty desperate. I've chosen a whip when first coming to Edo." Suishoku answered with a none too happy expression to see if he was going to give her the usual BDSM comment.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 6 2017, 10:27 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Ryuji made note of the Maeda clan emblem on her uniform. A whip huh? How would one incapacitate someone with a whip? He asked as he put his hands into his pockets. I use a Kusarigama as unlikely as it sounds. My Uncle thought it would be better if i had a weapon i could reliably block with.
He said with confidence. He then proceeded to check his Wrist watch for the Time Still got about twenty minutes to kill,thanks again for showing me around. He said earnestly.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp