Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

1st floor: Making new friends., Is that even possible for a monk?!
Sevennights
 Posted: Mar 13 2016, 03:56 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

Awards: None

Shin was wondering around the first floor, losing time, trying just as usual to try and socialize. It was strange, seeing himself with his "school uniform". Shin had actually wondered if he could ask for special permission...

Keeping thinking, Shin didn't really look forward, or more like, he wasn't really focusing on watching. And he slammed his face into... someone.

"O-oh. I'm.. I'm sorry..."

--------------------
PM
^
Kajowwojak
 Posted: Mar 13 2016, 06:47 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 45

'Why did my relic have to be a heavy hunk of steel? Why couldn't I have a small trinket, and choose my own weapon, so I could have something lighter? Nao thought to himself as he drug his Maul behind him, the heavy head making a dreadful grinding sound on the floor. Finally, he would paused to take a break, right in the middle of the floor. Sure, it wasn't the most polite thing to do, but he didn't have the energy to carry it to the wall or something. So, he just held onto the handle as it stuck into the air, leaning onto it for support.

What he didn't see in his own resting, was another student, who was paying about as much attention as he was, and soon he found himself bumped into, throwing him off balance. He grappled tightly to the maul's handle, but to no avail as the whole thing tipped over and he soon was on his back. "Hey, man, come on, watch where you're going." He grumbled out loud, slowly pulling himself to a standing position, and bringing the handle of the maul vertical again. Of course, he really was the one at fault for just... standing there, but ya know, that wasn't really what was important right now, was it?

--------------------
PM
^
Sevennights
 Posted: Mar 14 2016, 05:29 PM

Advanced Member

"Mhhn, sorry. I didn't mean to... Need a hand with that thing?"

Shin added out of curiosity, as indeed this guy was bringing a big maul with himself, and he seemed to almost be unable to even raise it. It seemed a really big maul, since it was almost his size. Still... It was extremely well done. And it had that tinge of... "unnatural". It was just an instinctive thought, but that maul either was of the older age and had seen battles, or it was a relic, and one cool relic

Shin wasn't very adept in crafting bludgeoning weapons, he was better versed for blades of the sort. In fact, while shin was begging for forgiveness, he got lost, looking at this maul.

The top of the maul was 30 cm wide with a diameter of 15 centimeters. A pretty big thing, and on top of that, it seemed to be pure metal.

" That maul... It sure seems heavy. Is that what you'd use for your defense?" Shin asked in a serious and professional tone, as a crafter that was thinking in how to help his costumer would.

--------------------
PM
^
Kajowwojak
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 01:54 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Nao rubbed at the side of his head where he had hit the ground, but his body stance was a calm one, as though he already were over the issue, or that getting angry at the situation was too much work.

"Eh, its no big deal." He would say with a yawn, tilting his head until he heard a popping sound. Looking down at the large maul, he would tilt the handle towards the monk. "Hey, if you can carry it, be my guest."

What he did pay attention to, though, was him eyeing the maul up and down, but not quite oogling it, but something more... knowledged? It was hard to say, but he would respond to the next question nonetheless. "It's my Relic. So... Yeah, I use it for my defense. And offense, I guess. But I don't like fighting either, so it doesn't get used much. Maybe if I didn't have such an obnoxiously heavy weapon I might be willing to use it."

--------------------
PM
^
Sevennights
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 02:34 PM

Advanced Member

"I wouldn't dare to touch another's relic..." Said Shin, while taking a couple of steps back, and adding "does it weigh that much? from what I can muster it shouldn't weight more than... 50 kilos? sure, not a feather, but surely not as heavy as you make it seem..."

While Shin was adding this remark, he stared better at the owner, and started to regret his remark. By no mean of offense he thought he wasn't worthy... but surely the guy didn't have strength. He'd make one of the worse kind crafters in Shin's honest opinion.

"Where's my manner... My name is Shin Hozoin, monk and apprentice smithery."

--------------------
PM
^
Kajowwojak
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 04:03 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Nao would shrug, not really understanding the apprehension to touching his relic, but would pull the handle back to his side, as he rested against it. "It's a magical item. It can weigh as much as it wants." He said with a shrug, taking no offense to the comment regarding his strength. Why would he? He is far from a well built guy, and this was a large, metal weapon.

Reaching up to his head to run his fingers through his messy red hair, the Scion would yawn a moment, before he would introduce himself in kind. "I'm Nao. I'm... A scion?" He didn't have anywhere near as large, nor as impressive of a resume. He was kinda 'just a student' and nothing more impressive than that. It wasn't much to work with, but it was really all he could offer.

--------------------
PM
^
Sevennights
 Posted: Apr 3 2016, 02:20 PM

Advanced Member

Shin was taken back by Nao's... easygoing style. But eh, it's how he was so...

"O-oh. you're a Scion like me then. Then Shin added: "Are you also a first Year? You know your way around? I am kinda lost here...." Shin said, while looking around bashfully.

He couldn't wrap his head around the building. Each time it would take him around 30 minutes to just find where he normally needed to go. It was... unsettling to say the least...

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY