Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Mission 2: Upper School Building
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 01:44 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

Makoto wasn't having a good day.

She hadn't been having a good day since she was in the earthquake and eventually came out of the coma. Times like this, though, was where she felt like life was just kicking her in the ribs for funsies. Let's review, shall we? She'd come into this place and gotten cursed with some rather intense weight - thanks to Mika, we'll assume - and Mika then left her alone, unless Eriko was actually the one who opened the door. Now, Mika apparently came back, demanding that Makoto follow when she was in this situation.

Yeah, no. She wasn't in any mood for this.

However, Mika had taken her telling off rather poorly and...well...shoved her over as she was getting out into the hallway. Makoto landed with a heavy thud, and that in of itself confused her. You see, she expected Mika to be taken aback and aghast, not keen on physical violence...like Makoto herself had been, of late. Frankly, she wasn't seeing what 'help' Mika had been offering, and also...had she found some sort of treasure, already? What was with that band around her wrist? That wasn't there before. Makoto sighed. She had to get up again.

Okay, and a one, and a two, and...LIFT.

She'd gotten her feet underneath her again, allowing her return to her feet safely while under the strain of this weight. So, she glared over at the current Mika, unaware that the real Mika might be watching, and spoke. She'd also be braced against further push-downs.

"You had me fooled for a second, but the act is wrong, the bracelet is new, and any decent girl would've been apologetic at this point. So, either you're a horrible person OR you're not the real Mika. 'One of you is taken, one of you is bound, and one of you is fake'. It doesn't take a genius to work it out."

Also the fact that the other Mika was visible down the hallway now. Smug face is very smug indeed, at this point.

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Nov 25 2017, 11:17 PM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

There was a loud thud in the hallway that made Eriko wonder if something had fallen apart. With all the time and effort that'd been put into this event, she thought perhaps some things might've been rushed. Maybe not placed exactly right and thus could potentially fall from their hiding places. Or maybe it was Makoto having a hard time of it. Well, regardless she had located a chest that appeared to be just the sort of thing to hide the secret in. A very heavy chest that she wasn't going to be able to move easily on her own. If a door was hard to maneuver a chest that size would be nearly impossible.

So she decided getting someone else in the science room was going to be key to getting out of this weird situation. Completing the challenge, as it were. Thus she went over to the science room door, then through it to see who might be out in the hallway. Both of her party were there along with an unexpected plus-1: a second Mika? What? Must've been some extensive planning there to have the outfit ready. Regardless she figured that she should try and get their attention to the science room.

"Some ghostly noise ought to do it," she thought aloud, then began to rap her knuckles on the science room door at a pace that would sound like someone fearfully knocking at it. Hopefully that would get their attention!

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 08:54 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

As Mika took the three smaller keys, leaving the largest in the room on the desks, she went into the hall to see another her insulting Makoto. As the real Mika asked the fake one for help Makoto made it to her feet and called the fake Mika out.
"You had me fooled for a second, but the act is wrong, the bracelet is new, and any decent girl would've been apologetic at this point. So, either you're a horrible person OR you're not the real Mika. 'One of you is taken, one of you is bound, and one of you is fake'. It doesn't take a genius to work it out." The fake Mika hissed a bit and backed away from Makoto. Makoto would obviously be on guard now for being shoved to the ground so that wasn't an option. The fake Mika had no interest in helping the real mika, or helping Makoto, so instead the fake Mika ran towards the science room, stopping as a noise hit the science door.

Makoto couldn't see Eriko, but the fake Mika could. The fake Mika glared at the empty air in front of her.
"GET OUT OF MY WAY BITCH!" she hissed and went into the science room. As the door moved Makoto would see Eriko in the reflection of the sliding door.

Meanwhile in the AV room the real Mika tried her three keys. The smallest key was far too small and didn't work. The iron jail key clearly wasn't made for the lock. The regular key opened the a.v. room to reveal a tape recorder that started playing.
"Four keys exist. Two clues, a cure, and a path. Beware the fake. Embrace the fake." then the player stopped. The medium sized key didn't seem to be able to leave the lock Mika had put it in. She was now down to two keys in hand, and a giant, heavy one back in that room.

(OOC: To be clear. You guys do not need to post in order)

Suzu
Alida
Jack

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 12:59 AM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Thankfully the regular looking key fit after failing the first two. Mika swung the locker open gladly only to look perplexed at a recorder sitting there. Figures that the locker wouldn't have the chest needed so she picked it up and pressed play since it sat there begging to be used.

"Four keys exist. Two clues, a cure, and a path. Beware the fake. Embrace the fake."

This may be clue number one as it gave the best hints to offer. Mika took the recording with her as she exited the AV room and headed back to where. The locker key didn't seem to want to budge after using it so it was left where it was.

Back out in the hallway, Mika looked around with disappointment in her eyes. She had hoped her other self would be there to help but seemed to have run off while her back was turned for the AV room. But Glasses-san was there!

Ugh, Glasses-san...

Mika sighed and went over to the angry woman. It's hard to keep avoiding them now and it was as good a time as any to maybe share the clues gathered. It could lighten up their mood but anything close to cooperation would do just fine. There is that last key she couldn't take with her and this person was the only other one around to ask.

"I found some keys in the other class room. Going to search the lecture hall if you are showing intentions for the science lab." Her hand raised up the recording to where Mika pressed the button again to let the message play once more.

"Four keys exist. Two clues, a cure, and a path. Beware the fake. Embrace the fake."

"And this first clue. Perchance you have seen the other me?"

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 11:41 PM

Story Teller

That hiss made her feel alot better about her predicament. Bound and weighed down, she still managed to see through the trap that lay before her. The Fake Mika had to get around her to run off into the science room, and Makoto was on her guard as she did so. As a result, she was able to see who the hell the fake was shouting at in the reflection of the window.

Eriko! So, she really WAS here.

Someone had been making noises and had opened the door for her before. Makoto had hoped that it was the third girl in their party, and it looked as though that was the case. She must've been here in the capacity of a ghost, because she was clearly invisible and probably untouchable, yet...she herself had moved things. A strange situation, for her.

"Well, at least you're more mobile..."

It was at this point that the real Mika came down the hallway with some interesting things to share. Keys and clues, to be sure. Makoto listened carefully and thought about it, having taken to leaning against the wall near the science room. Mika would notice that her temper had gone down, though. Scoring a personal victory against the fake had made her feel better.

"I've seen the other you. She's rude, crude, and wearing a rather ornate bracelet. It sounds to me like our keys unlock clues about the treasure, a cure to our curses, and maybe the way TO the treasure."

Now, Makoto sighed, giving Mika a serious look.

"Listen, I wanna apologize for biting your head off earlier about the curses, but you can understand why it happened. I'm better at running than lifting. I've even considered a bit of track-and-field, from time to time, and now I can barely move. That, and apparently Eriko is a ghost. You can see her in reflections, I think. That said, it seems you got an evil twin, so my right to complain vanished in the wind. This is suppose to be fun, so let's try and enjoy ourselves. And with that in mind..."

She straightened up again, turning so that she was somewhat facing the science room now.

"I think Eriko's been tapping on the door to get our attention. However, Evil You also went in there. Since the only thing I can really do is try and fall on her, and Eriko can barely interact with the world, you might be the only one who can do anything about her...and I don't know how or why we 'embrace her'. I know you've got designs elsewhere, but since we're all here, let's do this one together, alright?"

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 05:34 AM

Story Teller

Partial success had been realized in the attempt to get the other girls' attentions. She heard enough of what Makoto was saying that it seemed the communication effort had produced at least some result. That said there was only one person whom was actually entering the science room at the moment. It was Mika, but not the Mika who was liable to help them with the chest containing the solution to the puzzle. Nope, it was the unhelpful doppleganger Mika who was.. speaking to Eriko? All of this was hard to explain with mundane reasoning, but perhaps the person behind this all was the fake Mika? Some kind of relic that affected peoples' perceptions or something? Though it didn't explain everything she was willing to accept a partial explanation over nothing at all.

Considering the rudeness the fake Mika was demonstrating, Eriko didn't feel at all guilty about her next course of action. Clearly this wasn't someone she or the group wanted getting their hands on the treasure. Considering that this was the only person who could see her, maybe Eriko could physically interact with her more easily. Being told to get out of her way just reinforced the idea. It was something at least, so Eriko made a quick lunge at the false Mika, arms outstretched. Her intent was to effectively tackle the imposter around the waist and loop her legs around theirs to make movement much more difficult. Or at least more annoying.

"You're not going anywhere," Eriko hissed back, hoping that this actually worked.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 07:22 PM

Administrator

As Mika and Makoto chatted they would see the fake Mika suddenly fall to the ground yelling
"LET ME GO YOU BITCH!" she screamed and thrashed as Eriko held her down. She slammed her fists on the ground and tried to move but it seemed Eriko was able to fully interact with the fake Mika. In a lot of ways, she was literally embracing the fake. The sounds of her bracelet clattered as she kept thrashing and finally tried to stand up, pushing hard to get Eriko out of the way as she still slowly trudged towards the room.

The Hallway seemed to shake a bit with her. Something felt strange and off, though that also seemed to be the point of the entire evening. Nothing this evening had really made any sense to begin with. Though it was clear that Eriko didn't need to spend extra energy to keep the evil Mika in tact.

Suzu
Alida
Jack

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 05:56 AM

Platinum Poster

Designs elsewhere would be the right of it. Mika placed her hand together in her kimono sleeves and turned to the door of the science room. The noises coming from there were actually starting to concern her. This was all before the hallway started to rumble and curses screaming of someone telling something else. Hearing what seemed like her own voice made Mika sigh and walk over to the science room door to pound on it loudly.

"You're a Honda! Act like one and look for a solution or, to be sure, you will assist in solving this problem with us."

Mika didn't want to have to fight with her clone or phantom but if that was going to be a problem then it was best to take care of a more physical problem. She turned to Glasses-san and pointed at the class room where she got the keys from. So long as there is a physically body to access now, then it might be their benefit to quickly grab an item.

"In that room, I will need your assistance despite your slow movements. There is one last key left but requires some physical strength. To save some time, we should take the key with us before the next course of action. I can return there to pull the desk to the classroom door to shorten your trip but not so much in lifting."

--------------------

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 08:14 PM

Story Teller

Now, Mika and Makoto couldn't really see or hear Eriko's side of things, not unless there was a handy reflection to show what she was doing. Even so, it was easy enough to infere that their apparent ghost could hold the fake, which might've been something indicated with the clue they received. That was good. That was progress. However, the real Mika wanted her to do something, because apparently she could not. Makoto listened, but she did sort of shrug within her straightjacket.

"That might be a tall order for me without my arms, but we'll see. While I'm out, see what that jangling bracelet is all about. I feel like that one thing different between you two is important."

She began to move in that direction, but then she stopped and had a smile on her face.

"Actually, I might just beat you there, after all."

So saying, Makoto got down onto the floor and barrel rolled away!

"See you later!"

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 06:24 AM

Story Teller

It surely seemed like the second Mika was not batting for the same team as the first. All of that foul language and how she'd apparently treated Makoto was enough to convince Eriko it was time to put her feet down. Maybe not literally since she seemed as likely to phase through the floor as set foot on it. Still she had the ability to interact with whomever this person was, and she wasn't about to let them take the object that was the key to getting out of this mess. Now what had her little sister pointed out while watching TV once? That sort of hold might ensure that this Mika imposter wasn't going anywhere.

"Watch your language," Eriko chided her while trying to get an arm around the girl's neck. Not tight enough to actually choke her but enough to let her know who was in charge here. Her other arm went to take hold of the arm which wore the suspicious bracelet, with the intention of isolating it from the rest of Fake Mika's movements and keeping it under control. It was a grappling move she'd seen in a movie that'd come on TV once back during her last visit home. Hopefully it'd help here until they could get this under control.

"Now why are there two of you? And what are you going to do with that box if you get it?" she asked, firmly but surprisingly politely despite the situation.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 12:01 AM

Administrator

As Mika started moving back towards the room with the group of keys it seemed that Makoto had her own idea. Getting on her side she started rolling straight towards the room. While this allowed her to travel quicker than Mika it would also leave her quite dizzy, and still not answer the question about actually getting back up, nor about opening the door to the room and getting the key.

Meanwhile, Eriko grappled with the clone of Mika.
"Now why are there two of you? And what are you going to do with that box if you get it?" she asked, firmly but surprisingly politely despite the situation. The evil Mika didn't seem intersted in answer and instead simply kept trying to struggle, the charms on her wrist making loud noises as she tried to grab and claw at Eriko in order to get away from her grasp.
"I have no answer for the likes of you! You can't even be seen, or heard! Worthless. Worthless and invisible to the world!" the evil Mika scoffed.

Suzu
Alida
Jack

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 06:03 AM

Platinum Poster

The utter lack of anger from Glasses-san's reply just about caught Mika off guard. Even that odd scheming grin of theirs before falling onto the floor and rolling their way to the classroom like a boulder was just unheard of. Did...they break? The girl held a kimono sleeve over her mouth in concern of their mental state before addressing the science room and the argument holding on within. "We shall return," Mika started for what appears to be Eirko in there doing...something to her doppelganger before swiftly chasing Glasses-san's boulder body down the hallway.

It was a sheer wonder that this person was able to stop at the right door even. Mika began to look at the woman as if they might not be wholly human as she stepped over them to open the classroom door to get the larger key. Since it was impossible for Mika to pick it off the desk by herself, she pushed the desk over toward where the cursed girl was and slid the key off near by them.

"Careful," Mika all but warned a second prior to the key falling like a brick on the floorboards beside them. It was like a mini anchor of some kind but if this person was able to roll themselves down the hallway then maybe neither of them had to carry the key together. Instead, Glasses-san here can hold onto the key and simply roll themselves back to the science room. That or maybe the key could somehow undo the binding spell on her. Mika peered over the desk as though expecting the lead weight key could somehow counter act the weighted spell.

"I suppose rolling back could work," Mika uttered to them when it started to seem like it wasn't the method of unlocking that spell.

--------------------

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 03:13 AM

Story Teller

There was really no question about her getting up, at this point. After having fallen over twice, the return to the upright position was a knack that Makoto had picked up. The dizziness...was new. That was why she needed a moment to collect herself, as Mika caught up. Because of this, though, Makoto was merely upright when she opened the door.

"I'll be with you in a minute."

This was followed by the sound of a desk sliding.

"Or not, I guess."

Mika warned her about the weight of the key as it fell, which Makoto moved her leg out of the way of. Then, there was a thought about rolling back with it. Technically, that was possible, and Makoto figured that grasping it with her hands through the cloth would be just sufficient, but then a thought occurred to her. This was a weighty key. She was currently being weighed down. Maybe...

She looked up at Mika.

"Hey, umm...random thought. I can roll back with this, but...is there a lock on my back or somewhere I can't see? Because, if so, this might be MY key. And if it's not, we can just take it back, anyway."

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 08:39 AM

Story Teller

Eriko tried to be a reasonable young lady whenever it was possible to do so. Her concerns in life had changed, so she had less to stress about for her own or her family's well being. All in all as a leader she felt it was necessary to not dictate things outside of situations when such things were part and parcel of the procedure. Words about not being seen or heard hurt though. As a Yamana she had always feared being invisible to a world that may not even know her family still existed. Worthless and invisble? That was probably the last straw in any encounter with the heiress to the Yamana clan.

"Can't be seen or heard, huh? Funny, you seem to see and hear me just fine," she taunted as she tightened her grip around the evil Mika's neck a bit.

Then Eriko noted the bracelet again - there was enough weirdness going on here that maybe that bracelet meant something. Time for action! Since she seemed fully capable of physical interaction with the evil Mika, she decided to test if her mass could affect things too. Eriko put her strength into a move to pull the evil Mika to the floor, thus making it easier to keep her under control. Once that was accomplished she would reach for the doppleganger's bracelet with one hand while maintaining the hold with her other.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 24 2017, 12:14 PM

Administrator

NPC POST

As the large key fell down next to Makoto it began to violently shake, clanking against the wooden floor over and over until it burst into a pile of shredded paper. As the key burst so did the large chains and weights that kept Makoto bound. As the paper scraps fell all around them this would leave two keys for the students to try and solve the puzzle with. One key that looked like it belonged to an old chest, and a second tiny key that looked like it could belong to a locket or some kind.

Meanwhile As Eriko and evil Mika continued to wrestle one another Eriko used a large amount of her strength to try and pull away evil Mika's bracelet. As she did she would suddenly find herself extremely exhausted. Not yet use to using her odd strength the bracelet was shattered to pieces as tiny trinkets scattered all over the floor around them. A small horse, a star, a "sky" kanji, a unicorn, a clover, and a small hope chest fell all over the hallway floor as the evil Mika screamed out in pain.

"NO! MY TREASURES! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" she yelled and become extremely enraged, violently thrashing around as slowly she began to feel lighter and lighter. Her skin slowly began looking like paper, then her hair, then her clothing and she simply burst into a pile of strung together shikigami. However, even with the evil Mika defeated, the remnants of her bracelet remained scattered across the hallway and Eriko still wouldn't become visible.

Suzu
Alida
Jack

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel