Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Side-street of a side-street of a...huh?, Homura, then open
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 07:16 PM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

The Toshima Ward is a large business and shopping area, with plenty of medium-height buildings leading to alleys and side-streets to get in between them. It had taken him a long time to scope out the right spot, to get the proper measurements and dimensions, and then to be able to be certain that he could gain access to the rooves - either of them - to be able to pull this off. It hard taken additional time to make preparations FOR the act, which was funny as hell, but now that he was...there were two things he needed to handle.

So, Roshi was at a particular side-street which was not-so-often-used, taking care of the first detail: He was painting part of the street to look like the sidewalk on either side of it. Nearby were two long and fairly-wide canvases of some sort, rolled up kind of like scrolls. He had gotten them both here, despite their size and shape, by actually walking around with them tied to his arms and legs, pointed upwards. It was fortunate that he'd used light-weight materials when he did this. The question is...what the hell is he up to NOW?!

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 06:15 PM

Elite Member

Member No.: 10

Homura had somehow managed to lose her last few guitar picks during a series of house shows across Edo proper. This was quite the pressing problem for the girl who was trying to make the land safe for rock. Without the proper equipment she wasn't liable to be able to rock as hard as she needed to in order to accomplish her mission. In order to change the landscape of music you had to leave no doubt that your style was striking and there to stay. When your guitar didn't have that same rockin' sound as normal you weren't really capable of getting that sound.

A quick stop at a music shop up in the Toshima Ward had fixed things up rather nicely. She'd walked in with no picks to her name and a smattering of her most recent allowance payment in hand. Homura had exited the establishment with her wallet lighter but with a bag full of new picks. Many of them had been discontinued styles, but that just added to the value of her purchase. Now she was fully equipped for her undertaking and nothing would get in her way! Just as she began contemplating employment of the Mogura Express, she noted something odd going on in a side street. As she stepped closer she noted there was a boy in the otherwise quiet side avenue, looking like he was up to something very odd. Those things attached to his arms and legs didn't seem normal at least.

This being weird and herself being Homura, the silvernette made her way into the side street for further investigation. Once there she asked, somewhat loudly, "Yo, what's going on? This looks pretty elaborate. So elaborate that the Monster of Rock couldn't help but learn more about your intentions."

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 07:27 PM

Elite Member

Well naturally, he hadn't had them attached to himself when painting the street. He was re-attaching them NOW because he was ready to get a move on. Only... Well, he'd hit a bit of a snag. You see, these polls were pretty long and sturdy. They had to be, and...as a result...he had had the devil's own time getting down here from when he worked on this at the school. The looks he had gotten while heading down here were precious, but the fact of the matter was that this was also hard work. The problem NOW was that he needed to get them to the roof. This was going to be hard...and then somebody decided to ask what he was doing.

"Eh?"

He looked her over for a seocnd, not sure what she meant by 'monster of rock'. Roshi had never met her before. Yeah, he was fairly-certain he would've remembered a girl with silver hair and those clothes. His eyes were not sure if this was a good combination or not, but his mind was working faster than his mouth allowed him to comment, which is why he did that thing where a person places a fist in the palm of his hand like 'I got it!' and said...

"Of course! Just what I need! Another person! I salute you!"

He really did, but as he raised his arm, his leg also went up because of the way the poles of canvas were tied. It was a bit funny to look at.

"Here's the idea. We are going to make the street...disappear! and then, we can do what we want with it!"

Huwwah? But...what? How? HUH?!

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 12:03 PM

Elite Member

Homura's head titled to the side a little as she wondered what this guy was doing, judging by how odd he was acting. At least at first. Then she seriously wondered if it was just the surprise of meeting someone who proclaimed themselves to be a Monster of Rock. That wasn't a common occurrence in this land, and she was determined to prove just what that kind of person could do. Absolutely nothing would stand in her way - not even a weirdly unexpected appearance of someone up to an elaborate sounding piece of work in an alley. At least he recognized enough about her to give a salute!

"Heh, the salute is appreciated. However I'm not just another person, I am the daring adventurous soul who is out to change this land's music scene entirely. Rock will have its day, and I am its Valkyrie or maybe Queen," Homura dramatically stated, then raised an eyebrow, "So, we're making the street disappear? How exactly we do that? Some sort of crystal-powered magic? Aliens?"

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 12:37 PM

Elite Member

Roshi had no idea who she was at all, really. This is generally due to his attention priorities in life being aimed in different directions than the norm. For instance, when he thought performing arts, his art-laden mind naturally turned first to the classics before modern, since said classics were still performed regularly to this day. This does not mean that he had any problems with rock and roll. Far from it. Rock resonated with the very heart and soul, like stirring the sediments in a lake or shaking a snowglobe around to see the little snow pellets fall. It was a beauty of its own, rhythmic and emotional. Rhythm Emotion? No, that's something different.

"Greetings, Rock Monster! Let me assure you that I don't do water-type damage to erode the soul or short out equipment."

Okay...what? Was he being serious or funny or...or just what? Nope, NO TIME TO EXPLAIN! We must forge ahead at all speed, and the Roshi was picking that up like an Indiana Jones boulder. For instance, that question about how the street was gonna disappear? He waggled a finger and shook his head, then waved his fingers like he was casting a spell.

"It's an optical illusion..."

Yes, he did say that in a spooky voice. Now, he clapped both hands together once as he explained in more detail.

"I need to get these things up to the roof of those buildings there. These are basically really big canvas scrolls that I've made to fit the street. The problem: There's no chance of getting them up through the building. I need to have them pulled up onto the roof. Fortunately, I didn't choose a tall building for this to occur."

Yeah, these were only like a couple floors, and the things were tall enough that you could actually see it working IF he had a little cooperation. The question is...would he get any?

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 06:21 PM

Elite Member

Let it not be said that Homura didn't have a sense of humor. Had this been anyone else coming across the strange boy with canvas rolls, they might have told him to knock it off. Or tried to politely excuse themselves. The Monster of Rock? She was fully on board for whatever crazy plan her fellow youth might have, no matter how weird it might end up being. Though he spoke in a strange manner he definitely had the spring in his step that said he knew what he was doing. What she could do to help him out was kind of lost on her, but she did know that a disappearing street could be pretty useful to her.

"So we're making the street look as if it's disappeared? That sounds pretty awesome, my friend.. and it'd make a killer backdrop for a music video! You'd just have to add some people cavorting in whatever costumes we could scrounge up from the drama department.. and then have some lens flares... yeah, that's the ticket," Homura mused, then shook out her shoulders and asked, "So how can Mogura help? I can do whatever you need me to, and I'm fully committed to the cause."

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 10:44 AM

Elite Member

"Perfect! I like it already!"

Truly, Roshi would have been content to pull this disappearing act and just say that he'd done it, but it seemed that the Monster of Rock had an additional thought about it that frankly sounded too good to pass up. It was making Roshi all fired up about this. The Disappearing Street Concert! IT...COULD...WORK! Still, she asked what it was she could do for him and the answer was simple. Well, it was simple once he untied these things from himself... There. Now, he was free! FREEDOM!

"Mogura can help first by getting to the roof of one of the buildings and pulling these up to the roof as I hoist them up. You just pull them up bit by bit and let them fall to the roof. They're not too heavy, just kind of unwieldy."

It should be noted, first of all, that Roshi was saying 'Mogura' with a deep and manly voice, like one would do ANY Godzilla monster name with emphasis. The canvas poles were currently leaning on the building in question. With a little effort, they could get them up there, one by one, and then move onto the next stage of things. Roshi had chosen this area carefully, not just for the appropriate height of the buildings, but also the ability to get UP to the rooves in question. It took a long time, possibly longer than it took to make hese canvases.

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jul 30 2016, 05:26 PM

Elite Member

Homura's idea for what made an effective music video matched up pretty well with what she thought of as high fashion. First you started with something simple enough like a good melody and a strong base line. Then you added killer lyrics of the sort which people couldn't get out of their minds no matter how hard they tried. Pretty sane thus far. Then you added a healthy dose of random costumes, the first cool location you found and some awesome lighting tricks. Then BAM! Instant music video! This being the first cool place she'd found today that could be a backdrop for one, she would do whatever she could to get things rolling. Plus the boy said her name in a really awesome way that energized her even more!

"Mogura will be happy to oblige!" she saluted, then did her best to climb up to the roof. Thankfully there was a fire escape which made the process considerably easier to accomplish. This done she leaned over the edge of the roof and grinned down at the entertainingly odd boy below.

"Let's do this! Hand it up and I'll get it set up for you!" she called down to him.

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 30 2016, 09:53 PM

Elite Member

Well, there's style, and then there's style. At this point, it wouldn't be hard to determine that the style that Roshi might have may not entirely match Mogura's. Although...there was a certain attitude that he liked about her. Inspiring? Perhaps. She might be the sort of person who could get behind a wild idea - like one of his - and make it work better.

He waited as the girl saluted and ran off to get up the building. She didn't go the inside route, but rather decided to take to the fire escape. Okay, that was unexpected... Somebody must've left it down in the first place so that she didn't have to jump up or anything. Lucky break! Once she was in position, she called down and Roshi began to hoist up.

"Fire one! Remember, just pull it up gradually, like an anchor! Much easier that way!"

Once she had taken care of the first one, Roshi would take a breather before dealing with pole number two.

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Aug 13 2016, 06:16 PM

Elite Member

Homura was very much a girl who lived in the moment and worried about consequences later. Much later. Like in a month or two if she bothered thinking of them at all. This was such an oddball idea that she wasn't going to think about what might happen if people caught the pair in the act. Instead she scampered up to the roof and then proceeded to follow Roshi's instructions the best she could. Slowly but surely she pulled the first roll up, humming some rock to herself as she worked. Once that was up top she leaned over the side and grinned down at the odd boy she'd met by happenstance.

"All good up here!" she called out, "Gravity is no match for the rockin' might of Mogura! Whenever you're ready, I'm ready!"

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Aug 14 2016, 11:06 AM

Elite Member

This seemed to be going smoothly enough. Then again, it's not like anyone passing by had seen anything particularly weird happen yet. Not yet. But don't worry. Soon, they very weird would pass! And then, it might just look normal again. Maybe. Still, Mogura got the first one up easily enough, insofar as slow-and-steady can be considered easy, per se. The next one would follow, and then Roshi would quickly join her up on the roof to get the next step underway.

"Okay...so! I need to untie these, and then I'm gonna lift 'em at either end of the alley so that I can drop one end on the other side. Could you get to the other roof, so we can easily adjust and unfurl them?"

He wasn't going to have her do ALL the heavy and/or complicated work. Of course, if she could give the other ends of the poles a soft-ish landing over there, that'd be great.

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Aug 24 2016, 04:18 PM

Elite Member

Homura still wasn't really sure what the steps were to achieve the desired street disappearance. She was much more of a musician and performance artist than a magician. If this were in fact something to be considered magic. Whatever category you could put it under, she was pretty sure it was going to be awesome! Once she'd gotten the instructions from the mastermind, she descended the same way she'd gone up. No sense in causing people to question her presence. Once down in the alley she strutted around to the front of the other building. Being that there wasn't an easily accessible fire escape on this side, she had to improvise.

A multitude of confident steps, some sweet talking and promotional promises later, Homura managed to get to the opposing roof. Word had gotten around a bit from her performances during the rescue efforts, so tossing the title of 'Mogura' around had a bit of weight. Plus the shop's owner recognized her, so it was all good.

"Hey-o! Mogura is ready over here! Just give me the sign and we can get this part of the plan going!" she called down.

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 08:49 AM

Elite Member

We're not exactly sure what it was that Mogura needed to say or do to get up there. Roshi hadn't exactly gone inside himself to get up to the rooves of each building. He'd just confirmed that there were stairs leading up there that could be accessed. Since it was only once that he needed to do such, he wasn't worried too much about the semantics ttherein until...well...today. Fortunately, the girl had managed herself nicely. Excellent!

"Stand by for other ends of poles!"

In another context, this would sound a bit weird, but the use was fairly obvious in this case. So now, Roshi had picked up and - through some efforts in balance - held one of the poles up. He situated himself so that one end was touching the building edge while he lowered it down to Mogura. His main concern was that his leverage at this point was pretty poor, so he had to put on some extra oomph in this case to lower it carefully. What's more, he'd had to make sure he wasn't getting them backwards.

You'll see...

This was pretty much a done deal, though. Mogura just had to grab 'em and make sure they were secure to the building corners, as per the plan. Finally, it was time for he last phase, the unveiling. At last! Roshi smiled as he said "Begin the unfurling!" and helped with rolling the poles open. Being like scrolls, they began to unveil their canvas to show sort of a painting... specially, it was a painting of the front of one of those 'wedged between two buildings' buildings that you see in certain city blocks. Once both of them were down to the ground, it was essentially an optical illusion, a canvas-thin fake building over a now-empty alleyway.

"Magicians may make rabbits disappear and chemists melt your spoon in your coffee, but I have consumed the street and taken the alley by storm! It's all ours! ...didn't you say something about a concert?"

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY