Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hair Dos and Don'ts, Open
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 04:50 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

There was talk back and forth between Junko and the woman who would be turning his former hair into a wig. This did not go well when the cost was revealed and Junko nearly lost all composure. That was a lot. Fortunately she was able to come in with the option of making it into extensions. He was worried about weight but they had a bit of discussion on how that could be mitigated by clips and other tricks. It was a very informative few minutes for Junko and in the end, he decided to go for extensions and they agreed on a price.

It would still be kind of higher than he wanted to pay and his mother would almost certainly see. But Junko had a bit of a plan. Possibly, if he sent her a few pictures of himself with long hair, happy at school, and implied that he was doing dance instead of being artillery, maybe she wouldn't figure out what happened and cut him off. Then everything would be alright for a bit longer.

The paying didn't take much longer and in no time at all, Junko returned to Todo-chan, all fresh and finished with her hair. "I'm all set, that was expensive but tons of fun." He smiled at Todo-chan and his smile brightened when she handed him the shampoo. "Aww, you shouldn't have." He gushed and gave her a tight hug. "Now I gotta get you something." He laughed and turned to his bag. "I'll buy you lunch or dinner or something." Kneeling down, he unipped the bag and slid the bottle in. Definitely going to use that tonight. Such a lovely smell.

He stood back up and grabbed a hold of his bag handles. "Alright, so I'm starving. Take me somewhere delicious so I can pay you back." He laughed and started walking out the doors. It was finally time to get a taste of the new world he found himself in.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jan 28 2017, 08:33 PM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

The longer he spent in the company of Junko the more complicated Shinsuke found her. She'd seemed as though she genuinely wanted to be seen as male, or at least masculine. There were so many hints that this new student was quite feminine as well. It had been quite a good idea to spend time in a salon as neither of them seemed to be stressed about anything now. That smile in thanks for a simple bottle of shampoo was oddly charming in fact. Of course outside observers might well assume the pair of them were girls that were close friends. At least the close friends part was accurate, he hoped.

"Oh don't worry yourself about repayment. I thought that the scent might suit you, and you did seem to like it before after all. It's my pleasure to give you something nice on your first day in town," he responded, then started following the Matsudaira student out of the building. The fact that a few of the ladies inside that building were giggling didn't do Shinsuke's pride any favors.

Once outside he shifted his attention to the surrounding area and made a decision on food. Someone who'd traveled this far to Edo might not exactly have a lot of money on them. Let alone someone who'd just bought hair extensions! Thus he figured something hearty but inexpensive would be suitable. So he began to lead the way toward a shop that served various kinds of ramen bowls (a guilty pleasure of his own).

"I hope something simple is okay, Matsudaira-kun. This place has really delicious ramen bowls, they're not too expensive and it's got a lot of variety. Very filling too. In other words it has my seal of approval," Shinsuke joked.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 05:40 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

He did like the smell of it and he probably would use it a lot, but that's why he was so appreciative. Well, needed or not, Junko was not the sort of person who would stand by and let a debt go unpaid. Maybe not now or today, but he would pay Shin back for this, though how was still up in the air. He followed Shin out the door while he tried to think about a good way to repay her. He didn't pay any attention to the ladies back in the shop, if they were laughing that meant they were happy and it was good for everyone to be happy today.

"Ramen sounds fantastic. Nothing like soup on a cool afternoon." He said with a smile. "But you don't really have to call me Matsudaira, we're friends now. There's no reason to be all formal about it." After all, they'd been out in the town, they'd been to the hair stylists together, and now they were going to eat. How much closer could you be? Honestly the only thing Junko had left to be closer was to go out hunting and skin and butcher a deer or bear. Though that might be a long ways off, Todo-chan didn't really seem like the sort of girl who would be at home deep in the woods.

"Well I bet your seal is pretty good. Do ambassadors have to know the best restaurants too? That sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind that aspect of the job." He laughed. "Hachi, he was the man who taught me about pretty much everything, he always said I was like a bottomless pit but I think he was joking. He ate more than I did all the time."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 05:31 PM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Formality came with the territory of being a diplomat. When you met the child of a daimyo, it was only proper to maintain formal politeness out of respect for their station. There was a very good point raised by Junko though, in that they'd become friends over the course of the day's events. As friends and social equals (so far as Shinsuke could tell), there really wasn't much reason to continue being quite so formal. Then what did he call this friend who looked and sounded feminine but wished to be thought of as masculine? Something masculine but rooted in their given name. Just as something came to Shinsuke, Junko remarked about diplomats and restaurants.

Unable to help himself Shinsuke laughed at that, "You're not wrong about that! A good diplomat is aware of the best eateries of varying types. At least that's what my father tells me. That way you can learn more about the people you're negotiating with outside of the formal business setting. It makes it easier to talk to them when it is time for business."

With that said they made small talk the rest of the way to the restaurant. The place itself was crowded with a lunchtime rush, but there was just enough space for the pair to take their seats. While it wasn't anything fancy the ramen was quite affordable and filling, just the thing Shinsuke looked for when he was particularly hungry. After they'd concluded the meal itself and stepped out of the restaurant, he took out a card with his contact information on it. Trying not to come off as too formal he handed it to Junko with a smile on his face.

"Here, this way you can get a hold of me whenever you need me. It doesn't matter how simple or complicated it is either. We're friends and I'll always be there to back you up when you need it," Shinsuke promised, then added, "Shall we head to school, Jun-kun?" The day had been a pleasant one, made all the brighter by a new and unexpected friendship.

End Thread

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY