Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Shout it Out! [open], Let your organs out! [open]
Alida
 Posted: Mar 14 2016, 04:27 AM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Awards: None

The time now rang 4 pm from a department store's special sale announcements on blouses and purses. Anoher stand hawked about another special for the evening. It would be the last remaining hours to draw in a peaceful crowd before things get a litle criminal thanks to the district's nightly reputation. Suishoku rolled her drink in its portable platic cup on where to ride out for tonight's dinner or hit up a karaoke booth. Her usual tastes in spending a break from school to wander lost in the districts, out of sight of the Edo castle behind buildings and in a nderground malls. Anywhere to keep it out of mind. It was something she has been doing since first year. With her thoughts away from the castle, Suishoku felt calm even with the wrong drink in hand.

"Guess that café was...not a good idea," sighed the second year in a sweater and leggings. Heading down the street and away with a to-go coffee from a popular coffee chain. They got her order wrong but she didn't have the guts to tell them. The line behind her was busy. So busy that she got shoved out upon receiving her drink. A black shot coffee. Too strong for her tastes that it took a bit of sugar and cream from the side stand to drown it own to tolerable. Three sugars and cream! Still not enough! Another three would might have toned the taste back but it was rush hour in one of the several popular districts in Toshima Ward.

In a huff, Suishoku thought to move on from the server's mistake and drink the sour, bitter drink. She'll need it from all the walking she'll be doing this weekend till curfew arrives. Missions and being dragged on missions weighted on her mind. Worse yet in how slow spring took its time reaching Edo. Still early for sakura season though. The thought of that season got her wondering if the school would give them a day off for it alone. As quickly as it was conjured, it faded after another stinging sip of her coffee. The girl cringed and carried on through Ikebukuro.

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Wintery
 Posted: Apr 11 2016, 02:27 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

Suishoku might catch a glimpse of a familiar figure if the oncoming crowd opened up for just a second in front of her. But if it was just a lookalike or a mistake of identity was cleared up rather quickly as Aiko wandered towards Suishoku within just a few feet now. She adopted a surprised expression and gave a short double take before stopping and stepping out of the way of the people that wanted to pass.

"Suishoku-San?" She raised her voice a bit so that she was clear above the noise of the city, though they were probably close enough to be able to speak regularly. Aiko was waving with one hand, a bag from a popular Key-chain shop in the district was clutched loosely in her other. "How are you?" Aiko asked, her eyes darting over what Suishoku had collected from the district so far, resting finally on the Coffee cup "That chain is getting kind of big now, huh?" She added conversationally.

It was a strange sight to see Aiko out and about without her uniform. The girl would often wear it whenever the circumstance would even slightly justify it. Now that she was off school grounds in her own spare time however, she was dressed rather stylishly. She wore a blue skirt that hung a respectably around her knees with a pair of pale-purple stockings covering her legs. A loose short sleeved blouse, a lighter shade of blue than her skirt, decorated her upper half. Her hair remained mostly unchanged, however.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 15 2016, 02:38 AM

Platinum Poster

She took a breath and forced down another drink when her ears picked up someone calling her name; a female. The second year immediately halted to look around her before finding the girl. Upon seeing her did she too take a moment to step out from the crowd to chat with them. It was surprisingly Aiko-chan. They haven't seen each other much since the mission and the volunteer work at the school's cafeteria whenever they happen to cross over on shifts.

"Oh hey," she began and lowered her coffee cup. Her wrist swirled the bitter contents. "Out trying to do some evening shopping or something?" Her eyes went straight to the keychain bag with interest. "So is that place. What'd you get?" The weight of the coffee cup continued to feel half full. Wanting to get rid of it did she take another cringed gulp before resuming their chat.

"It's popular, yeah. Went to their number 8 store where that line is. Server wasn't good though." She pointed at the markings of her cup that was marked for a mocha with extra vanilla flavor shots. "It's like drinking straight macha and acid." By the tone of her voice, Suishoku gave up on trying to order a new one. Overhead the evening lamps slowly glowed on and the store fronts felt much brighter as the sun started to set and the sky few cloudy for some evening showers.

--------------------

PM
^
Wintery
 Posted: Apr 16 2016, 12:09 AM

Advanced Member

Aiko grew mildly concerned. She can't help but notice Suishoku very hesitantly sipping from her cup, almost as if it was painful to do so. She tilted her head to one side curiously before her attention is drawn back by the question. She sheepishly holds up the bag "Yeah, same for me. I didn't come for this but I saw it in the window and I couldn't help myself." She fished from her small bag a tiny figurine on a keychain and held it out for Suishoku to see. The figure was a masked hero character from a show that is pretty popular with kids. The character that Aiko had bought was the red one of the team.

As suishoku explained about the cafe Aiko began to understand what the problem was. "They messed up your order? I can tell just by looking at you that you aren't enjoying that at all." That was saying something, considering Aiko was normally fairly dense about reading people. She furrowed her brow and comments "I'm surprised you didn't say something to them." She dropped her little figure back into it's back and continued to hold it loosely at her side, swinging it back and forth as she stood. "Maybe we should team up again for the day."

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 24 2016, 09:45 PM

Platinum Poster

"An impulse buy. You do that often?" Suishoku asked and lowered the cup to holding it so her hand covered the lid. There was no use in finishing it and then facing the mud on the bottom like every other drink. She observed the cute keychain and nodded in approval. There was no doubt in her mind that she would have done the same. "I think this season's show has a group performing at the theme park, right? Or am I wrong since the uniforms look so similar."

After taking note of the ranger did her eyes perk at the first year's concern. She shrugged helplessly."Could have but lost my spot. I'll just get a canned drink at the next vending machine," She explained only to see Aiko's brow furrow. With a wave of her hand, Suishoku directed Aiko's eyes to the line. Inbetween the passing and gaps of other shoppers remained a lengthy line that seemed to continue down an alleyway briefly. The new coffee trend had gotten many fellow shopper's attentions for its convenience. Currently there are at least 5 other micro coffee windows to meet the demand. "You can still see the line going from here so I'll just put up with it till I find a garbage can for this. If there was a new server then I'd go again."

Concluding her coffee venture, Suishoku smiled and gave Aiko a thumbs up sign. "Sure. Let's so some shopping around ourselves. Find other things to impulse buy and the like. Was going to do that before hitting up a karaoke place I usually go to." The girls chatted and began their shopping together as the evening slowly gained more and more customers to crowd the shopping district.

--------------------

PM
^
Wintery
 Posted: Apr 25 2016, 08:03 PM

Advanced Member

After dropping the little key chain into the stores bag she nodded to Suishoku. "When something like that catches my eye I can't help myself." She said with faint hint of guilt in her tone. Aiko then smiles enthusiastically "That's right, that's the one! It's all little kids who show up at those shows, though, so I am a little embarrassed to go on my own. I wish I had a little brother, I would have a really great excuse to visit every one." She half-joked.

Aiko continues walking with Suishoku, glad to hear that she was up for shopping together. "Yeah, of course! Like I said, join forces. It's easy to miss something but if we are watching out for each other then it'll be a breeze." She perked up a bit "You are into Karaoke, too?" She was just asking to move to that topic. It certainly wasn't at all unusual for any highschool aged girl to be interested in Karaoke.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 27 2016, 11:15 PM

Platinum Poster

"Just say your little brother is in the crowd or something," she chuckled during her suggestion. "Or just sit with the parents or something. I am surprised they can keep pulling off shows like that. They really become engaging sometimes thanks to the actors," she chatted without hiding the fact that she too has seen some of their shows when heading to the theme park.

"Heres to finding something good," Suishoku cheered and started down the street. Already in their line of sight were some stores displaying some trendy clothes to try and get on that spring vibe. Another store was advertising a messenger bag the main character of a teen anime. It was olive with decoration button badges on it.

"That looks cute. I wonder how much it can hold," she wondered with immediate thoughts on function along with fashion. Going off topic about the bag did Suishoku nod back to Aiko. "Yeah. There's also this Paris styled karaoke place too in another distract but it's a bit of ways away. I try to check out a few different ones or whenever I find some giving out cute coupon bonuses for each visit. Any songs you mostly do?" Suishoku went to the window to check out the bag a bit more. Once seeing the price tag on it did she feel on the fence of getting it or not.

--------------------

PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: Apr 29 2016, 03:35 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 64

5pm! The perfect time to hold a karaoke event at a local cafe. It was the best part of the day to draw people in for cafe sales while holding a fun event to attract people into the shop! And that's exactly what Kurome was interested in. What's more to love than a Cafe AND karaoke? The girl smiled at the sign as she read it, standing in the sidewalk holding a bag that said "thank you!" Inside of the bag was a book she recently purchased, and was heading to another store to look for a certain book when the karaoke sign and the smells of freshly baked good caught her attention.

"Hmm. This sounds fun!" She mumbled to herself. The girl opened the door and stepped inside the building as the smells of coffee and warm goods washed over her. The smells alone made her smile! Inside, there were people sitting around sitting coffee, others waiting for the song to start. Already there was a young man on stage, singing his heart out to some poppy song Kurome has never heard of it. She look around and saw where the karaoke sign ups were and walked over. "Why hello lady! If you want to sing karaoke just look through this book, then fill out this card here!" The man that was monitoring the music and the sign up forms handed Kurome a large book and a small form. Kurome smiled and said thank you, then walked over to a small circular table and sat down.

She opened the book and was peeking through the pages when a waitress walked over. "Hi! What would you like today?" Kurome looked up and tilted her head sideways throughfully. "Um, is there Chai tea?"
"Yes of course!" She replied happily.
"Great, I'll take one please!" She said.The waitress walked off to fill the order.

A few minutes passed while Kurome looked through the book. The waitress returned with her drink and set it down, then walked off. Kurome took a sip of it, then continued to look. "Ah! That's the song!" She exclaimed, and began to fill the form out. She wrote her name and the song she wanted to sing. "Perfect!" The girl skipped to the front, gave her form to the man monitoring the CD's while he called out someone's name over the intercom and a young timid girl stepped up and began to sing. Kurome sat at her seat and drank her chair tea, waiting for her name to be called.

--------------------
PM
^
Wintery
 Posted: May 1 2016, 03:52 AM

Advanced Member

Aiko laughed and nodded. "Yeah, yeah! That would totally work. I'm probably thinking too much about it, anyway. I'm sure if I just went there I would stop worry and just have fun. That's how things usually are with me, anyway." She commented. "Ah~ Yeah, all of the Mask force characters in those things are pretty talented martial artists and athletes in their own right. They are really able to sell the moves because they are so good. Something really underappreciated is all of the underling characters. It is just as tough as lead in some cases." Aiko spoke in a way that suggested she could keep speaking on the subject it until she ran out of breath. It was only Suishoku's statement that saved her, and redirected Aiko's attention.

"That bag?" She stared at the one in the window, leaning forward enough that her nose nearly touched the glass. "Oh, cute." She said, smiling widely before spotting the price tag. Aiko leaned back. "It would have to be a bit bigger on the inside for that price, I think..." Aiko said in a low tone, as if the stored owners might hear her from inside, behind the closed door.

"Eh, what's that?" Her eyes widened with interest. Not with so much interest as when she was talking about Mask Rangers performances but pretty close. "Paris style. That is the kind where it's in a big room with a stage?" She questioned. "Wow, that sounds really cool!" Aiko's excitement grew. "Yeah, let's go. We can window-shop on the way there and kill two birds with one stone~ As for which songs, I like songs with punch and impact! It's always hard to think of stuff off the top of my head though." Aiko chuckles.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 2 2016, 12:02 AM

Platinum Poster

"I wonder how much would it be to make my own." Her doubts of just blowing her allowance on just one bag versus the nice meals she could get at the school special menu was on a lopsided scale. With Aiko's thoughts added in made the notion of getting the bag moot. "Let's try the other stores," she offered but walks away briefly to slug down the last of her coffee like taking medicine and throwing it away in its proper trash can. Her back shuddered while trying to keep her composure but her fingers were curled like cat claws. I need something sweet to eat! Suishoku thought desperately before turning to Aiko and heading down to the next set of stores.

Up ahead, the time throughout the shopping area ran 5 pm, and music in a few stores became more noticeable than just background bits with footsteps and bag swishes. A sort of mixer up ahead where even out in the small streets could they hear an announcer call out names. "What's that about?" Suishoku looked to Aiko if she maybe knew for shopping in the area before. The two would come upon the store in particular. Getting closer to the store brought up the smells of baked goods that caused Suishoku's stomach to beg for it with a rumble. "Mind we stop by in here? Don't think I've tried this before and--oh god they have those giant cream puffs?~" Suishoku's head snapped to the window display, going from calm to a note of desperation to see a perfectly crispy and stuffed cream puff. The kinda you need a fork and knife to eat. "Want...so much...we have to go in now." Fueled by her need to ward off the bitter coffee, Suishoku headed right inside while a timid girl sand up on a stage to the cheers of a few patrons.

--------------------

PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: May 2 2016, 06:42 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Kurome looked up as two girls walked in. No one around her seemed to notice but that was okay. She sipped her tea and smiled. The chair tea reminded her of home. The girl pushed her black-purple hair behind her ears and watched the timid girl sing on the stage. Her voice was actually kind of good, despite her scared demeanor. Kurome closed her eyes and bobbed her head to the beat, enjoying the song.

Once the song was over, it was someone else's turn. Kurome used this time to go up to the counter to look at the amazing smelling goods they had on display, leaving her tea and her bag on the table she was sitting at. She look around at the pastries, cream puffs, cookies, truffles, brownies, small pies, cupcakes, parfaits, jello, and so many more things. She poked her head up over the glass to speak with the girl waiting behind the counter.

"Yes, can I get one of those cookie crumble parfaits and a cream puff please?"
"Of course!" The girl replied as she put on her gloves. She reached inside to grab the two things that Kurome requested and put them into a bag. She stepped over the counter and set the goods next to the register. "Okay the parfait and the cream puff total is 750 yen."
"Oh can I pay for my chai tea too?" Kurome turned around and pointed to her table where her half filled cup rested.
"Okay, so it's 1000 yen total"
Kurome smiled and handed the girl the exact amount of yen. She grabbed her goods and went back to the table. The first thing she did was eat a big bite of the cream puff. Cream spilled out of the back end of the puff and Kurome grinned. "Mmmmmmmmm so good~!" She mumbled, eating another bite while the DJ called up another person. A slow jam began to play and the person singing was... honestly quite awful. But props to the singer for singing their heart out. Kurome tapped her foot to the slow beat, finishing off her cream puff. Little did she know, she was next up!

--------------------
PM
^
Wintery
 Posted: May 5 2016, 02:13 PM

Advanced Member

"That's a cool option." Aiko commented. "If you can make a cute bag I think it would be just as impressive as having an expensive brand." That was her thought process, at least. She had no problem leaving the bag and that particular storefront behind to go seek out others. Aiko let's out a nervous laugh as Suishoku seems literally pained to down the last of her coffee "That bad, huh?" Aiko uttered, a bit concerned. She would have to avoid that place in the future.

The topic changed quickly as sounds and movement in the distance caught their attention. Aiko was content with just following Suishoku as she sought what she was looking for and it helped that she was interested in what was going on as well. She glanced around idly at the other stores, nothing in particular catching her attention. "Eh?" She looked where Suishoku was pointing. As Suishoku described the storefront Aiko could hear the anticipation in her tone. She smiled and nodded, it didn't sound like there was any stopping Suishoku, even if Aiko didn't want to. "Of course! It's sounds like you need it~" Aiko chuckled, matching Suishoku's excitement and letting herself get lead into the shop. "Ah~ this is a Karaoke place." She just realized as they stepped through the door.

Aiko assumed the Suishoku was going to order so she pulled a few bills from her purse. "I'm going to go sign up for the stage. Could you order a tea from them for me if the line moves before I'm done?" She asked, handing Suishoku the money. "Uuhm, whatever the server suggests." Aiko says vaguely. With that she moved to the spot next to the stage where a person was standing with a book on a podium. She stood by politely and marked her down on the list after the last person that signed up once she had chosen a song. Rather than think too much about it she just chose whichever song she saw first that she recognized.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 9 2016, 10:06 PM

Platinum Poster

"Western coffee is just soo acidic," Suishoku complained as she hurriedly went up to the line with Aiko. The girl, however, had other plans as she was amazed by the open mic setting and offered to sign them up for something. "Oh, sure." She took the bills and rolled them up with her fingers as she left for the stage. She ran the order over in her mind while checking out the menu of anything that may have interested Aiko.

The line quickly moved along with the previous girl before her leaving with a parfait, chai tea, and a heavenly cream puff. She couldn't help but stare as it left with the other girl before turning to make her order. "One cream puff and "Once it was her turn, and hearing what the other girl had ordered, . "I'd like to have the honey almond bubble tea, a cream puff and....your special drink of today."
"That will be 1250, miss," spoke the lady.
She gladly gave her the money with the change held onto to return to Aiko. Suishoku hummed to the music playing in the background as she waited for their order to be swiftly made and handed in a tray. She thanked the lady in high praise before heading off to an other table to split the drinks. Rather than waiting before Aiko return, Suishoku giggled rather evilly before digging into her cream filled dessert without a care if some cream happened to remain around her mouth and nose; the taste of salvation. Aiko could just surprise her later on what songs she happened to pick out for the stage.

--------------------

PM
^
Mezua
 Posted: May 10 2016, 02:20 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"Kurome! You're up next!"

With a smile, the girl stood up and walked over to her place on the small stage they had set up. She picked up the microphone on the stand and started to tap her toes to the beat as the song came on.

"What can I do for you?" The backup vocals started the song.
"What can I do for you? I can't hear you~"

>Song<

Kurome closed her eyes, opened her mouth, and began to sing. Her pitch was near perfect and her words were clear and easy to hear. She started dancing to the beat, swaying and spinning as she song the song that was playing over the speakers. She grinned as the song came to an end and the small crowd that was gathered around the stage clapped.

"And what a great job she did! Now it's time for a short break and after that, it looks like... Aiko is up next!" The announcer boomed over the speakers. After his small announcement, some song began to play softly in the background while he set his microphone down and ran to the bathroom.

Kurome went back to her table and ate the rest of her delicious cream puff, looking around to try and spot who Aiko was. A boy came up to her, patted her shoulder and said "Hey nice singing!" She smiled and thanked him, then resumed eating her treat.

--------------------
PM
^
Wintery
 Posted: May 10 2016, 11:57 PM

Advanced Member

"Ah, it's me already." Aiko retreated back to the table Suishoku had claimed once she was done registering and just as the next girl made it onto the stage. She smiled widely at the drink that Suishoku had procured. "Thank you~" She gushed, wrapping both hands around the cup as she took her seat. She could feel it wasn't warm, which was fine with her. Aiko lifted the cup to her lips and took a delighted breath after a long sip. "Ah~ So sweet. It must be an iced tea." One could tell by her reaction and tone but she was pretty pleased by the cool beverage.

Aiko surveyed what Suishoku had gotten for herself and nodded. "Yours looks good too." She remarked, especially admiring the confection. Her attention was drawn inevitably to the stage as the girl's song began and Aiko found herself bobbing her head and smiling to the tune. "This is western karaoke, huh? It's kind of nice, like being on stage at the festival, I bet." Aiko sort of related it to that. In any case, having live music in a cafe was pretty fun on it's own, even though some of the singers weren't exactly pros.

Aiko jumped a little, startled to hear her name so soon after the last girl finished her song. "Oh, it's me already." She wasn't complaining, just vocalizing her thoughts. She turned to Suishoku. "I'll be going up, cheer me on, alright?" Aiko stood up from her seat left towards the stage. She ran into the girl who was just up. "I liked your song, that was really cool." She complimented. The girl was getting no shortage of compliments. Seeing that the girl was probably around her age she wanted to offer "If you aren't here with a group, my and my friend's table is over there." She pointed over to Suishoku sitting with two chairs vacant. "I'll be going up next, wish me luck~" Aiko winked at the girl and stepped up onto the raised stage.

Aiko glanced around before finally finding the screen with the song and the words. She then looked out over the crowd, seeming like she had just noticed the full cafe for the first time. She smiled nervously and waved at Suishoku from the stage. She was caught off guard as the lead in to the music began and by her reaction it looked as if it was going to be a pretty awkward performance, but in the nick of time to catch the first few words Aiko managed to bury her nervousness and begin the Song.

She closed her eyes and began nodding her head to keep up with the beat. True to how things began, she started off a little awkward but as she started moving and finding the rhythm of the song it started to sound more natural. Before long she was opening her eyes, dancing a little as she got into the song and glancing between the monitor and the crowd with a wide smile.

When it was done she stepped off the stage, pleased with the compliments that she received as made her way back to the table. She assumed it was just the way of the place to encourage people to sing their hearts out, which was nice. "Ah, that was a little nerve wracking." Aiko said once she had made it back to the table.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY