Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Dreams and Ambitions (Masato x Jugemu)
Aideen
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 10:56 AM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

The future was a big unknown and that could be scary. Certainly it was hard when you didn't have a path picked out or picked out for you to travel down. Jugemu sort of had two paths which was a pretty troublesome problem of its own but it did narrow down the void of the unknown to two paths with their own unknown consequences awaiting along them. For now, she could at least hide behind the excuse that she was in school and still learning and that would work for a time. But eventually, she'd have to grow up and make a choice. Annoyingly, she was pretty sure what choice that would be, so all the more reason to put it off and play at teaching for awhile longer.

"Your family isn't the only thing that matters, Masako. Certainly providing for them is a worthy goal and if that makes you happy, go for it. But technology is improving, you're seeing more and more cars now, trains are getting faster. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an airport within the next ten years. People can still be close while living further away. Don't sacrifice a great opportunity for a lesser one just because it isn't as convenient. You have that choice."

Jugemu didn't, at least not as far as duty was concerned. Her parents were gone, lost in the earthquake, leaving her the leader of her clan, technically. While she was in school, it was actually governed by a council of elders but once she graduated, they would want her back. Because of that, she liked to encourage others to follow their dreams where they could. "I expect you could earn enough to move them to a nicer area with or without working for a local lord, and I bet your parents just want to see their son be successful."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 08:21 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

"I expect you could earn enough to move them to a nicer area with or without working for a local lord, and I bet your parents just want to see their son be successful." the phrase made him look up at the ceiling, contemplating the deeper meaning of his work. He still didn't feel as though he had a chance at what he wanted. In truth he was sure he could find a better clan to serve than his local lord. After all he was a good tactician. Thinking on it a smile crossed his face and he let out a small laugh.
"You could always hire me for your clan." he said with a sarcastic grin as he lowered his head to look straight at her.

It was clearly a joke. Though the joke still helped him feel a bit better.
"In the end you are right. I'm just not sure. Right now a lot of lords are acting odd in the wake of the Ikko attack, and a lot of towns are just glad to be in one piece. Maybe if things ever finally settle down. Then i'll join a proper clan." he said as he sighed and back his chair out to look at a set of near by books.

"I just wish I knew where to start, in order to help the country get there." he said in a bit sad voice.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 09:22 PM

Elite Member

She smiled back at him. He was joking but it really wasn't a joking matter. He was a good strategist and they'd be lucky to get their hands on him. Though, if she was being honest, they'd be lucky to get their hands on a great number of students here at the academy. Sadly the Soma were not the It clan. She knew it, and her clan knew it. They had lost a lot over the last few generations and there wasn't much opportunity to get it back unless there were some drastic changes. But with their population average age well into the forties, it was looking less and less likely.

"You wouldn't enjoy it, Masato." She said with the same joking tone. "We're just fishermen and farmers. None of that special stuff to make life interesting." She lied easily. It was an easy lie. Part of life was staying in the background, not being noticed, striking when the iron was hot. Now was not the time. Her clan had taught her, as had her assassin schooling. It really did compliment her quite nicely.

"We were lucky enough to be left alone. The Ikko didn't care too much about our little fishing huts." Another minor lie. They had been weakened when her parents died in the earthquake. It would not surprise her if the smarter Ikko were attempting to infiltrate the council. Well, she had a few names already who might turn. With the right confirmation, it could be time for a trip home. Or maybe she could send a few students. It wouldn't do to be seen as too proactive.

"But I think you know where to start." She added with another big smile as she slipped into her teaching voice. "Right here, at this school learning how to be the best asset to the country. Then you'll graduate and the paths will open up to you in so many directions. It might seem like you're not doing anything, but a strong foundation makes a strong house. A weak one only leads to sorrow." Unless an earthquake came along, but this wasn't about her.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 06:52 PM

Administrator

Masato looked at her like she was crazy and waved his hand a bit.
"Hey now, I'm not some first year." he said with a cheesy grin and a bit of a light hearted laugh. Looking into her eyes he smiled a bit. She really was cute. No one could deny that. Even if they did, Masato would probably just call them foolish. Standing by a bookshelf about Japanese history in 1200 A.D. he walked around a bit to get his thoughts together. He still wasn't sure what clan he would care that much about joining if he was being completely honest.

"You know, a nice fishing village wouldn't be that different from home. I wouldn't mind it. I could be as lazy as I wanted, and no one would be able to question me. No need for a strategist in a place with no war, so I could just read all day and be a spoiled house cat at your castle." he said, this time giving full hearted laugh. He kind of liked the idea actually. A small, quiet province wasn't likely to go to war since it wouldn't have the manpower. Even if it did they would probably be auxiliary troops at best.

"Really though, are things going alright? Is your clan holding up well?" his tone was serious and his face looked a bit saddened. He really did care about his friend, and didn't want her province to end up as badly effected as a few others had in the wake of the Ikko's war on the samurai class.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 05:38 PM

Elite Member

"Sorry, force of habit." She stuck out her tongue and lightly tapped herself on the head. "I'm dumb, my mistake." Despite his protests, she didn't see him being content doing nothing. Masato wanted to fix the world, basically he wanted to conquer it but make it better. As much as he protested, the boy was driven. Bu could respect that, she was driven as well, towards what though, that was the problem. Certainly there was nothing that said she couldn't teach cooking back home. But there were so few children, she'd likely be teaching elders.

That might not be so terrible, but it might feel a little awkward. And she would hate to leave her friends behind. They probably wouldn't move with her, though they would visit. But even if they did, when would she have the time? There was so much hustle and bustle running a clan, not to mention all the protocol. You couldn't abandon it all just because it was inconvenient. But the Soma needed her.

And speaking of the Soma, "I think they are. We are resilient and we will come back from tragedy." A little less hardy, a few less youth, but back they seemed to come for a dwindling number times more. "However, I can't say for sure. I only know what I'm told and I wonder if I'm not being told everything by the council." She shrugged. "But there's no way to find out unless I go for myself and it's hardly the right time in the school year for that. Even a surprise visit would be troublesome to pull off."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 09:17 PM

Administrator

"Depending on what said council is up to, a surprise visit may even cause political trouble." he said plainly. After all if they felt they ran everything then they might think she had come to double check or reverse decisions. Though he was sure she had thought of that was well. The more he thought about it, the more a trip somewhere did sound nice though.

"You know, even if its not your home, we have rail passes. They are paid for by the Shogunate's purse. Why don't we travel sometime? We could go to a tourist destination or a historical site and just be away from Edo." he doubt she would go for it. Yet even so he felt it was worth mentioning. He needed to go find Izuki Kai, and she likely needed to help teach. yet, still, a part of him hoped they could someday soon.

"Maybe when classes go on break." he said as he looked up at the ceiling a bit. This seemed to happen often. He came to study, and focus, and yet conversation had dragged his mind to a distant place. A place he had never been but wanted to be. A place where he had wings and he and Ju could fly anywhere in Japan just to escape Edo for a week or two. It was a beautiful place, that would only ever exist within the strategist's head.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 08:49 PM

Elite Member

It would certainly be a lot of trouble for anyone working behind her back to further cause trouble for her clan. And it was her clan. That feeling of ownership she had when she thought about it was another road block that seemed to ensure that she'd never be able to leave it behind and follow her own path. "Then I suppose we must all hope that no trouble needs be followed up on." She said simply. Honestly, she didn't expect any political trouble to get any further than her clan.

The Soma could be very insular, and Jugemu had been taught discretion, after all. Besides,the message sent was one for her people alone, the rest of the country didn't need to know what happened behind Soma doors. The shogunate had far more important things to concern itself with.

"Travel, eh?" It was a nice idea, but there were classes, and even if there was a break, she felt obligated to go home and put work in. She tempered that need by finding excuses to stay at school and enjoy herself but a trip with neither clan work nor school work, that was a lot harder to justify in her own mind. "It might be nice, but there's just so much to do. It's hard to keep up and breaks are great for catching up." She sighed wistfully. "Sometimes it feels like the only time I can really escape the pressure is with a guy or a new recipe."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY