Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Freeze (Jinn and Junko)
Aideen
 Posted: May 17 2018, 04:53 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

It had been a long time coming but after a very long time, Junko was forced to admit the truth. She just wasn't as good at hunting as she had been a few years ago. People said a skill could get rusty if it wasn't used often enough and she hadn't gone hunting properly in ages. Sneaking around the local woods wasn't enough. Sure, you could find some wild animals but she hadn't been given permission to hunt so it was just a matter of sitting around doing nothing. The tracking led only to a fleeing creature. The whole event had become more of a healthy hike than a sport of skill. She was starting to lose the patience to sit or kneel in one spot for hours waiting for the prey to venture forth because there was so little point to it.

Junko was not going to accept this lying down. She wasn't going to take it standing up either. There was no taking that would be happening. She needed to get her butt back to work and relearn some of those old skills. After all, it was just like riding a bike. Probably. She couldn't ride a bike any more either. Trouble was, on her own the training was going super poorly. It was so easy to be distracted, even when she took out her hair ribbon and closed her eyes so that the world was dark, it was too hard to stay still. She needed help.

Most of her friends wouldn't do. They tended to vary in personality and activity, but really they didn't have the temperament. Most of the archery club would be content with just shooting arrows constantly. They didn't have the patience Junko needed. But she had heard rumors of the assassins, masters of stealth. That sounded like her scene. After all, hunting was totally like assassination, except with animals that you ate instead of people that you didn't. At least, Junko hoped they didn't, you heard weird stories about the assassin track.

Of course, it was hard to find them, they didn't wear armbands, at least, often not the right ones. And so many of them claimed to be too busy to help her learn something as casual as standing still. Others seemed confused. Like, they didn't understand how a person could have trouble staying still for hours on end. It really was a conundrum. But persistence paid off and Junko learned of a ninja who had been at the school for years. A guy who rarely moved at all and was nearly sedentary. That's what she needed. Also, since he didn't go anywhere, he would certainly have the time to help her out.

Which explained why she was there, in front of Jinn's shoe locker as classes got out. She fiddled with her skirt nervously. Would he say yes? Would he say no? She really needed this, he was her last hope unless she managed to find somebody else. Hopefully he had gone to class today and had to get his shoes. If he tried to sneak past her, though, she was ready. Ninja were tricky people and she wouldn't put it past one to leave her waiting all afternoon. She was monitoring any body that passed by, even before they came into visual view. She'd gotten a basic description of Jinn so she wouldn't let him get past her.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: May 17 2018, 05:38 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 160

Jinn was calmly walking through the school. He wasn't wearing his uniform though like he never really did. He hated to wear uniforms. It made him feel like just another number of the school while he wasn't a number. He was Jinn and nothing else. Maybe he was a number for the school but he didn't care about what others thought about him. He was himself and nothing else. His white shirt which had some small dirt stains on it was covered partly by his black sleeveless hoodie that was zipped open. His dark blue jeans calmly fitted calmly around his legs.

He calmly walked towards his shoe looker when he suddenly saw someone standing in front of it with his blue-grey eyes of his. He rolled his eyes a bit thinking "Not another one." Jinn calmly made his way further with his hands in his pocket. Without her ever saying a single word Jinn calmly said. "No, I am not taking you to the dance." Jinn kept getting asked for the dance the last for days by people. Jinn wasn't really popular or anything so far he knew but he knew he had some looks but that was about it. Most people didn't like him because he was lazy and always looked he wasn't in the mood to do anything although he saved a lot of students during missions without them realizing he was even there.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 17 2018, 06:34 PM

Elite Member

Junko had to praise her sources as the guy came around the corner. This was almost certainly Jinn, from the casual attitude to the shaggy hair. She opened her mouth to introduce herself when the ninja interrupted her and spoke first. "Hello I-eh?" She was caught off guard. Invitation to the dance? Oh, the school dance that was coming up, right. He must have been bombarded with requests or something. "I don't need anyone to take me to the dance, I'm taking a bunch of people already." She said, still shifting gears. "But if you wanted to come with me I guess it could happen. I'd want to know you better though."

She shook her head. This was too off track. "Sorry, I'm getting off topic." She bowed low. "I am Matsudaira Junko, and I believe you are Kuki Jinn. I am actually hoping to make a request from you for extracurricular lessons." She said as politely and formally as she could. After all, he was an upper classman, and also had been at this school for ages. She was supposed to be polite to such elders.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: May 21 2018, 08:05 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn would raise his eyebrow under his hair making it almost unnoticeable towards her to see. Jinn wasn't someone that would go with a group. If he would go towards the dance he would go with a girl like it was a date.

Jinn would sighed a bit when she bowed deep. Thank God she bowed deep enough for him to reach over her and get his shoes. Jinn was only half listing the her only taking in the things that were important to him. Things like her name and why. He didn't care much about the apology itself.

Jinn would drop his shoes on the ground Infront of her although while the shoes dropped his left knee rose up quickly aiming for her face. If she stayed still though his knee would stop an inch away from her nose "never bow infrong of a ninja. We don't follow rules." Jinn said calmly while he lowered his knees and shoved his foot into his shoes calmly like nothing was happening. "And why do you wanna have lessons from me? You have heard of me so you know I am lazy."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 22 2018, 09:03 PM

Elite Member

Being polite was one of those unbreakable rules of society. To simply come out and treat a person improperly for no adequate reason, or for any not incredible reason was rather unthinkable. It was the lesson drilled into her head for most of her young life, like so many lessons, drilled by her mother. As the knee came up, she was already pulling back in a panic. Not looking at the man wasn't an issue, with her artifact, she could see everyone in the near area. She quickly tried to put her hands between it and her face to catch it before it broke something important, fortunately, it didn't come that far.

"I think, Kuki-senpai, I'll err on the side of being polite so as not to draw the ire of a ninja in the first place." She said as she straightened up. She didn't frown at him, that wouldn't be the right attitude to take with somebody you needed help from, but it was a close thing. "It's exactly because I've heard about you." She exclaimed. "You admit you're lazy so you don't do much. That's perfect. It means you have lots of free time and I don't need you to teach me anything hard. I just need somebody to give me some pointers."

She put on her best smile. "Please, I'm sure we can work out some kind of payment too. I'm not asking for charity." She had no idea what the regular going rate was for tutoring but she was pretty sure se could get her hands on it. Mother had been in a really good mood as of late.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 05:14 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn would looked at her with his hands in his pockets and a blanc expression on his face. She really wanted to get lessons of him. jinn though for a second while she tried to reason with him to give her lesson to become better at hunting. "Meet me on the roof at midnight and we will see if I train you or not." Jinn said calmly

Jinn was a man of many mysteries. There wasn't much people really knew about him besides the stuff that came from the interview but that was about it. He never really said anything about his life and how he trained but he was someone that always was in high-class mission as back up most of the time. If he wasn't back up though he was doing the missions on his one without any interruption of other people. Most things were done in secret though so no one really knew who he was. Even during missions, he was wearing an outfit he couldn't be recognized in. He was fully a-wall when he was doing missions most of the time and was in and out as quick as possible. For some people his mysteriousness he had made him attractive while it freaked others out. Some people were fascinated by it. It went in all sorts of directions but one thing was for sure. He was mostly just himself.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 08:50 PM

Elite Member

Junko frowned up at Jinn. "Midnight, are you joking? We're not supposed to be out of our dorms past curfew." The very idea of it. Was this some kind of joke, some upperclassman prank? The last thing Junko needed right now was to get in trouble for sneaking around at night, let alone for sneaking around to meet up with a boy. She could imagine her mother going absolutely ballistic. She had to ask herself, was the training for this really worth it? What was she willing to risk? Her face scrunched up as she thought about it.

Junko steeled her resolve. This was important. She would just have to consider it more training. She took a deep breath and forced herself to relax. Her artifact was going to be helpful here, at least in avoiding the upperclassman walking around looking for people breaking curfew. "Fine. You have a deal. But you better be there. If this is some kind of trick..." She paused. There wasn't really a thread she could of to use against him. "Well it better not be."

She had all evening to think of something, so it wasn't as if there was any hurry. Plus, she hadn't been in trouble before really so maybe just a single case of being out on the roof past curfew wouldn't be so bad. Yeah, she could almost convince herself that everything would be alright.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 08:53 PM

Elite Member

Junko frowned up at Jinn. "Midnight, are you joking? We're not supposed to be out of our dorms past curfew." The very idea of it. Was this some kind of joke, some upperclassman prank? The last thing Junko needed right now was to get in trouble for sneaking around at night, let alone for sneaking around to meet up with a boy. She could imagine her mother going absolutely ballistic. She had to ask herself, was the training for this really worth it? What was she willing to risk? Her face scrunched up as she thought about it.

Junko steeled her resolve. This was important. She would just have to consider it more training. She took a deep breath and forced herself to relax. Her artifact was going to be helpful here, at least in avoiding the upperclassman walking around looking for people breaking curfew. "Fine. You have a deal. But you better be there. If this is some kind of trick..." She paused. There wasn't really a thread she could of to use against him. "Well it better not be."

She had all evening to think of something, so it wasn't as if there was any hurry. Plus, she hadn't been in trouble before really so maybe just a single case of being out on the roof past curfew wouldn't be so bad. Yeah, she could almost convince herself that everything would be alright.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 10:09 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn just calmly nodded towards her when she said it was past curfew. Jinn never cared about the curfew times he was never in his dorm around midnight so why should he be this time. Jinn was someone that broke the rules quite often so this was just another day for him.

A small smile appeared on his lips when she agreed to him. "Well then I see you tonight." Jinn said while he turned around and started walking away from her. He disappeared into the crowd within seconds even with his tallness he knew how to blend into the crowd.

A few seconds after he disappeared though he would appear behind her. "Owh and before I forget. You need to give me your relic." Jinn said towards her in a serious tone while he held up his hand for her to place it in. He had a plan for her training but little did she know training was starting already.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 05:22 PM

Elite Member

Ok, so that was that whole thing settled. Junko watched as Jinn walked off. He seemed...well he didn't seem trustworthy but maybe that was because he was a ninja and they were all just a bit shifty as a requirement. The breaking curfew felt like a problem but she could handle that. If this was a ploy, she'd be pretty darn annoyed.

She sighed and was about to walk off when she saw somebody detatch from the group and walk around past lockers with a more direct purpose. Could it be? It came up behind her and it was. Jinn. She turned around quickly on the balls of her feet and frowned at him. What kind of stupid game was he trying to play?

She folded her arms and gave him a dark look. "That's going to be a hard no." She said firmly. "I don't know what you're goal here is, but I'm not going to roll over and accept whatever weird hazing you're trying to pull." She was actually quite annoyed about this. "First you want me to break curfew, well fine. Night training for ninjas makes sense. But At no point am I going to surrender a family treasure to some rando just because he's an upperclassman."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 05:39 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn's look kept straight when she refused to give him the artifact. Jinn would just look at her before making a simple shrug. "Well that means no training from me then. If you train with me it means no artifacts or special powers. First learn the normal way then add your powers with them." Jinn said calmly towards her. Jinn sounded more serious though when he said it but it still had his lazy and tired undertone with it.

"But if you can't handle that then no one can help you." Jinn said while he started walking away again from her towards the exit of the building. Jinn didn't really care if he was going to train her or not. It was totally up to her. If she wants to be trained by him she has to play by his rules just like he got trained by his clan.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 06:44 PM

Elite Member

Junko kept up the annoyed look. What an absolute stuck up jerk. Sure he was older and a year ahead, but he was only a year ahead. That was basically nothing. Junko had been out hunting in the woods since she was a little girl. Just because she was out of practice didn't mean she could be treated this way by some arrogant ninja.

"I'm not asking for special training with an artifact or powers. I'm just asking for you to help me out as a better partner than one of my friends. There's nothing inherently magical about standing still and there doesn't need to be." She said, her cool had evaporated.

"If you don't want to train me, fine. But don't act like it's my choice. You're the guy demanding holy magical artifacts that I'm pretty sure could cause a literal war to break out between clans, not to mention that if they break, who knows what the consequences would end up being." Her artifact was pretty fragile as well, she had to treat the string occasionally just to keep it soft and pliable without snapping. Not to mention the whole hand wash only part.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 10:10 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn raised his eyebrow towards her when she said there is nothing magical about sitting still. "That is what makes the difference between Ninjas and hunters. We move around. We aren't sitting still. We are the ones that get in and out of your house without you even noticing it while you are wide awake." Jinn said towards her. There is nothing special about sitting still but they didn't.

Jinn reached into his backpack and took out a small case with a lock on it. "How about you place the relic in this case. I give you the key and you have it back at midnight when you are ontop of the roof. I can't use it, I can't touch it and you have the only key of it" jinn said calmly while he opened it. "If you give it you are trained before the end of the day." Jinn said towards her. "This is the only way I can fully train you in stealth. I am not gonna start a war or anything. If we wanted that we would have already done it." Jinn said with a simple shrug.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 07:05 PM

Elite Member

Junko looked at him with a bemused expression. This wasn't what she was after at all. The more she talked to this guy, the less sense he made. The other students had mentioned he was odd but she hadn't expected this. "That's no good." She shook her head. "I don't need to move around all sneaky and stuff, I need to stay still, for like, hours at a time. But I get sleepy or bored. I used to be really good about it but now..." She shrugged. "There's always so much going on."

Junko looked at the case, then up at Jinn, then back at the case. "Are you making fun of me again?" She sounded genuinely confused now, even more than she looked before. "You're a ninja, and that's your lock." She looked between the case and him again with a severe frown. "Why do you even need a key?" Ninjas broke into things all the time, that was probably like ninja class 101. She hadn't taken any ninja path classes but that just made sense. Maybe it was better to just get to the heart of it all. "Why any of this? And I don't mean like because you won't do it if I don't, what's the purpose? Leaving it behind is the same as not having it."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY