Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Loud and Obnoxious, [Closed to Kitsu]
Oirarana
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 05:38 AM

Bugei Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 29

Awards: None

Hideyoshi stood in one of the Bugei's firing ranges with a frown on his face as he stared moodily at a wooden box that was laid out before him. He refused to even open the cursed thing just yet knowing what was awaiting him inside. After the events at the family shrine he realised that it might be useful to have a back up weapon that he could carry regularly with him, another sidearm to use for a variety of situations and to always have on him. It had also become quite apparent that his best bet at this stage was a firearm to make up for the range issues he had.

After all, carrying around his bow and arrows all the time wasn't exactly practical.

But still, he hated guns on principle, and the fact that all logic told him to get one was extremely frustrating for the young Tokugawa. Not to mention he didn't really know much about modern firearms, and which ones might be useful for him to carry. He had asked some of the Tokugawa retainers to gather up a selection of the weapons and deliver them here with the appropriate accessories and ammunition so he could pick something out that was... well, less distasteful. He doubted he'd find one that he legitimately liked, but Hideyoshi was a practical young man.

Now he just had to wait for his self-appointed 'tutor' in all things related to the loud and obnoxious.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 08:59 AM

Story Teller

Member No.: 28

Kitsu strolled into the firing range like a king. He had recently helped to quell a gang war and solidify his clan being brought back to life, at least in his eyes. He felt the need to practice his gunmanship and to see if he could find any new abilities with his pistol. As he entered, he noticed his new significant other standing in one of the lanes with a sour look. "What's wrong little bunny? That looks is usually reserved for when you see me," Kitsu called out.

As he approached he saw a small box. "Awwww, did Daddy buy you a peashooter or a slingshot?" He couldn't help but tease the smaller boy. He took a position at the neighboring firing lane and pulled out his own Tanegashima pistol and began to clean it carefully, pulling all of the parts off of the gun individually until he had a stock, barrel, and parts of the firing mechanism in front of him. He carefully checked the barrel and then cleaned it with a thick wad of cotton on a string. He sent the string down the barrel and puled the cotton wad through with the string. The cotton didn't have much on it, but was noticeably darker than when it went in. Black powder was pretty messy after all. Kitsu usually had the smell of it on him.

After cleaning his firing pan and all of the other bits and pieces, he assembled it all again, and prepared it to fire. He placed a flint onto the firing mechanism and cocked it back. Placing three small cloth wads into his gun's barrels, he slid the tamping rod out from below the three barrels. He pushed the wads down and tamped them roughly before sliding the tamping rod back into it's small hole. He aimed carefully at the paper target down range, and fired all three shots at once.

There was a pressure wave that felt like wind as soon as the projectiles left the barrel, making it obvious that his pistol was unusual. Both Kitsu and Hideyoshi's hair would be blown as if in a wind, and the red-headed Iga's clothing would be blown as if by a violent gust. Kitsu's whole body leaned backwards and his arm moved slightly with the recoil. The black .50 caliber rounds rocketed down field and struck the paper in a triangle pattern around three inches away from the bulls-eye, and Kitsu let out a 'tch' noise when he saw the results, and started to rotate his arm, stretching the muscles in his shoulder and bicep.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Oirarana
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 02:47 PM

Bugei Student

Hideyoshi shot Kitsu a look as it seemed the redhead couldn't help tease him almost reflexively. "Don't be an ass, you're making me regret asking for your assistance in this sort of thing," he stated with frown. He understood that the larger teen had a thing about how he was perceived by others, but they were currently alone on the range so there was no need for that sort of attitude in Hideyoshi's mind.

He folded his slim arms over his chest as Kitsu went through the motions of preparing and firing his monstrously large gun, the smell of gun smoke filling his nostrils as his hair was buffeted behind him by the pressure of the shot. The deafening bang left his ears ringing slightly, the frown on his face intensifying somewhat without turning into a full on pout.

"If you're done?" the small teen asked with a little bit of his old acerbic attitude leaking into his voice, a tone he generally didn't take with Kitsu anymore, but he really disliked firearms. "I don't know anything about these things, and you said you'd help me, or should I find one of my family's retainers?"

With that said he turned moodily to the box and unlatched it, throwing open the lid to reveal a number of different pistols laying in silk, the various accessories needed to fire them carefully packaged in a neat and ordered fashion. Each gun had a little label attached telling what model it was, all of them seemed American. A Cogswell Pepperbox, a Colt New Navy Revolver, an Old Model Remington, and a LeMat Revolver.

He sighed to himself, wondering just what he had gotten himself into this time. Was he really going to go through with this?

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 09:04 AM

Story Teller

Kitsu looked at Hideyoshi. "I'm an ass sometimes. It's a thing." He would then look down at the guns in the box before pointing at each one one at a time, saying for each, "Crap, crap, garbage, garbage." He said it with a smile on his face, obviously teasing. "If you plan to use one of these in combat, you'll need one of two things, a world record reload speed, or preloaded ammunition." He would show Hideyoshi one of his own preloaded wads that held packing material, black powder, and a bullet.

He slid the capsules into the front of his three barrels and slid out the tamping rod, and tamping each one down once into their respective barrels. He then slid the rod back in place, put some black powder into the firing pan, and handed his gun to Hideyoshi. "I submit to you, using a single shot pistol with a fast reload, instead of these newfangled dohickies." The overclocked function wouldn't work if Hideyoshi decided to fire the gun since it was Kitsu's personal relic ability, but the gun would still pack a bit of a punch from having more black powder loaded into it than normal.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Oirarana
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 02:49 AM

Bugei Student

"Try and tone down the ass-itude with me then," the smaller boy grumbled, slender arms crossed over his chest as he stared at the redhead with a raised eyebrow. He had known what he was getting into when he had agreed to date Kitsu, but he had hoped to see more of the awkwardly shy boy than the pain in the backside version of his overly energetic boyfriend.

He watched impassively as the other teen belittled the weapons he had been given to test, the eyebrow never lowering from it's position raised above its' twin. "You do remember I'm not looking for a primary weapon, but a backup, right?" he commented after Kitsu had finished his little spiel, poking him in the chest pointedly, "I still intend to use my blades as my main weapons. The crappy garbage is just for insurance, in case I get kidnapped for example..." he trailed off with a pointed look.

"Are you asking me to handle your gun?" the dark haired youth inquired as he took the massive pistol that was offered to him, carefully inspecting it visually before pointing it down range with both hands gripping it as carefully as he could, before pulling the trigger with a slight grimace. The bullet hit the target, but it was fairly clear that Hideyoshi wasn't exactly a marksman with a gun, though his skill with a bow was quite good.

Perhaps it was just his distaste for firearms that made it so much harder for him to use them properly?

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 03:20 PM

Story Teller

Kitsu wrapped his arms around the smaller frame of Hideyoshi and gripped the gun around the younger boy's hands, touching the gun and allowing the power of his relic to flow. The hammer locked back and powder and a bullet seemed to fill the gun from thin air. "Try it like this...take a stance closer to this...and hold your arms like this..." He moved Hideyoshi's arms and legs with his own arms and legs, before leaning in almost uncomfortable, or comfortably, close and whispering, "Then pull the trigger..."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel