Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 02/17/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Rank 3 Mission: Nobunaga's Fan
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 12:10 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Junko modded, “It certainly looks right. I can’t imagine there’s some look alike in the possession of a thief.” Especially in a place like this. The shortness of life, well, the fan had found a morbid resting place the fit its gloomy nature. Suddenly, Junko stiffened, his entire body stopped moving and his eyes focused forward. He lowered his voice to a whisper. Someone is coming.”

The figure didn’t seem like the old man from before, Junko couldn’t tell the difference between people in his magical sense really but the old man had been far weaker, much nearer to death. This person was far more lively. “Lights off, be ready to chase if I run or drop.” Junko began walking towards the exit on the balls of his feet to hide his footfalls best that he could. He was hunting now.

He tucked the fan and box into his quiver and drew two arrows. He nocked them against his bow and slowly pulled them back. The slow stretch of string making hardly more noise than the boy’s own slow, shallow breaths. He kept the points down but still the arrows were pointed towards the figure. It could be an innocent person but Junko doubted it based even on just the way they were walking. Well, they’re avoiding the mouth of the cave would serve his own stealth purposes.

He stepped into the light. “Anybody out there?” Unlike his partner, Junko could not be identified as a student or metsuke tool. He looked like a hunter, tiny and effeminate as he was, hopefully that would just add to the ruse. “Hello?” He knew full well where the guy was but the target didn’t know he knew.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 10:19 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 143

Hana chuckled, sounding akin to an old, rugged warlord- perhaps taking off of her father in that sense. Either way, she seemed quite enamoured with the relic's beauty that the natural glow in her face seemed even more uncanny for a girl of her nature. So the war-princess had a love for craft? Possibly, there was something about the aesthetic of what a person's hands could do with enough skill; and that law was indistiguishable from beauty and war. The mere aura of the fan didn't scare the girl, but rather she understood Oda's obsession with it's context- though she'd never keep such a thing to remind her of death.

Still, beauty remained fleeting to her- and it didn't trap her in such a way that she was distracted from Junko's movements. Like spectating a fever dream, her blood orange eyes followed the rippling of his subtle muscles all falling to a stand still as his breath froze like Winter.

He didn't need to speak, her feline-like eyes followed his line of vision in a fashion all too familiar. She was a warrior first and a young lady last- to the fullest, that showed. She nodded with the solemnity of a soldier, the fire in her relic out like a light switch.

"I trust you,"

Even in the dark, she was confident. He'd been valiant this entire time, even if he might've felt otherwise at any point. She held perfect control over her relic- a blue moon like feat as whatever traces of light still hitting her body faded. with her relic still active and posed for anything, she moved in mirages, like a specter of red and silver in the quiet.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 09:51 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The thief was slowly moving towards the cave with a bit of a yawn. It had been a long day. Not only had a bunch of damn Metsuke been hanging around the edge of the forest but he didn't even find any new wallets. How was he suppose to stay in hiding? How was he suppose to live? Even his cave was, well, literally a cave. He had been hiding in Aokigahara since the Great Kanto Earthquake and barely even felt like a human anymore. When was the last time he even showered?

As he approached the cave some creep with a bow came out looking like a hunter.
“Anybody out there?” the kid asked. How dumb. A kid came hunting in a forest full of dead people? Was that why the Metsuke had been hanging around the forest? Did this kid get himself lost? Even ended up in the cave? The hideout? What if he took the wallets? What if he had a wallet? What if he had hunting supplies? Most importantly, what if he had food? Yeah, food sounded great!

"Woah woah woah kid." the dirty faced thief said with his hands up.
"Hey now. I don't know what you are doing in that cave but their aren't deer here. You need to look further in the forest if you came here for some hunting." the thief said, slowly moving his eyes around Junko's gear and imagining himself wearing it. Even imagining himself taking out some of the metsuke. Once the heat died down more and he sold off that fan he definitely wouldn't be some low grade thief anymore. He would be rich. Beyond rich!

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 10:10 PM

Elite Member

Junko turned to look at the guy and let the bow slacken. He would be able to pull it back easily and quickly enough. Now he had his first view of the dirty thief who would desecrate the dead. The man wasn't very impressive, though he wouldn't be. But he had practice hiding emotion from far cleverer people than this in far more unpleasant situations. His mother during tea ceremony tests, for instance.

He breathed a sigh of relief and a big smile grew across his face, "Oh good, I was worried you were a boar or even a black bear. I was actually hunting for foxes. I think I'd look really good in fox fur." He turned and took a few steps opposite of the thief and the cave. "I might have gotten turned around though." He stood up on his tiptoes and looked at the top of the trees.

With his artifact, he could see every move the thief was making. It was easy enough to pretend to be a teen girl lost in the woods, an easy target for scum like this. But he wanted the thief to watch him alone. If he looked in the cave, it might not work. That's why he stepped way. If the thief rushed him, hopefully Hana would be able to intercept the guy before he got to Junko. That said, Junko was absolutely ready to pull the bow and fire, physically at least. Mentally, well, he'd have to trust his instincts when it mattered.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Yesterday at 01:40 pm

Advanced Member

She'd already deduced the level of intelligence the idiot had. Originally, she'd imagine him more ruthless than this- but she couldn't help but liken him to a dog as he preyed on Junko. Like a dog who didn't know it already lost its supper. Clearly those old metsuke seemed to be doing a shit job.

The most peculiar thing about Hana's powers was not the elemental prowess it brought with it. Rather it was the speed. On her own, she was fast, nimble even- but with powers like that- she was a demon. To the untrained eye, she was no more than a chill engulfing the nape of one's neck as she passed. She didn't just seem invisible in her movements- she was phantom-like.

She was sure Junko could see her, at least, if only in fragments. If he could, it would make taking out this criminal even easier. The trees rustled like wind was passing through them- delicate enough to be mistaken for breeze but so ominously orchestrated that the Forest's gorey appeal only intensified. The sound of her footsteps against the branches were non-existent and the smell of rotting, blackened flesh barely bothered her anymore. If he so much as breathe with the wrong intentions, he'd be done.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:26 pm

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The thief scratched his head a bit and laughed.
"Well i hope you didn't go too far into that cave. It is pretty deep ya know. Makes a good spot for hiding out in bad weather though." he said with a bit of a laugh. His body was thin and his smile just felt off but his laugh was obviously the fakest part about his demeanor.
"Say, does anyone know you are up here by chance? I saw some Metsuke poking around the edge of the woods. You sure you aren't lost or something?" as he asked he began moving closer, still giving a fake laugh.

"Also, you should be careful. Supposedly some pretty nasty bandits are hiding in these woods, but don't worry ya know. I'll keep you plenty safe." and with that he gave a larger smile and even a bit of a wink. After all he had been without company, save for the dead, for quite a while. It was nice to have even some kind of human interaction that he knew wouldn't try and arrest him.

As he looked at the might hunter to be he noticed that they where certainly well fed. Better than he was by far.
"Also, I don't suppose ya got any food on ya" after all, his strength had weakened and he certainly couldn't assault anyone in his thin and weakened state right now. When nightfall came and the hunter fell asleep, he would take care of things then.

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:50 pm

Elite Member

"Yeah, I expect it does at that." Junko turned to look back at the thief. "But I don't expect much from the weather tonight. It's a beautiful day for hunting." He smiled with a simple ease. Junko hoped that Hana was prepared but this is what it had come down to, they hadn't trained together and they hadn't worked together, but he had faith in the girl. She wouldn't let him down.

"Well if there are thieves going around," Junko began, "that's probably why the metsuke are prowling around. But they wouldn't come this far into the forest." That part seemed to be true. It was a disappointment, to be honest. Junko had held more respect for them before this mission. But sometimes an idol was a disappointment and you had to move on with your life. You couldn't dwell on such things, you had to adapt and maybe, if you could, make a change.

"You know, I've been hunting all day and I haven't caught a thing. I think I do have a lot of food but I also have a good feeling. My luck is about to change." He stepped back two steps and drew his bow fully, the arrows notched were pointed directly at the chest of the thief. "Turns out, there are some nasty bandits around, ya know." he said in a mock imitation of the thief's voice.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:20 pm

Advanced Member

Hana was an extremely patient person when it came unto these things. If need be she could wait for hours on end and never be exhausted- however. She'd be lying if these moments didn't make her feel giddy. It was like hunting well prized game. A western tradition- sure, but it was an exhilarating one none the less. The feeling of the grey moonlight through the canopy leaves on her skin made her hair rise. The thief, unexpecting as she'd guessed- loomed towards Junko, increasingly unaware of his situation. She had to commend him actually, for not putting two's together even now.

Closer....closer...just a little more. Her mind whispers what her lips are disciplined enough not to. She watches Junko's bow, how it goes from lipid to taut in seconds. He's put all his faith in her and she has him. Her pupils dilate, her blood rises to her ears. He delivers a punchline- but she's become such an eclipsed version of herself that her lips can't even curve to smile.

Her arms are stronger than most men- and as she takes aim, her feet are firmly grounded between the branches. It's clear to see the definition of muscle as her right arm ripples forward, like a Olympic competitor it shoots towards him, the only indication of it's coming is the glint of obsidian blade in the moonlight. That too, is seconds too fast. Like Longinus , it whistles through the air, the perfect angle for stabbing right through the thief's clothing and then deep into the earth itself. She suspected they needed him alive, but his spine would suffer if he moved a step more.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES!