Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Rank 3 Mission: Nobunaga's Fan
Aideen
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 03:59 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

He tried to hide it. Every step forward was purposeful, his eyes kept alert for any signs of passage. But it was a mask. Inside he was heartbroken, every step he seemed to see a new sign of neglect and abandonment that tore away another layer. Charm after charm was left behind like a trail alongside the trail of discarded wallets and personal belongings. Rooted through, cast aside. He didn't even need to search pockets, the evidence was plain for anyone to see. But who would see? Who would know except them?

After every blessing, every prayer, it was harder and harder to force the smile back. He couldn't force the feelings away, couldn't compartmentalize them and let them disappear. There were too many too rapidly. His knuckles were white from squeezing down on the arrow that he'd been using to avoid touching anything. Then, they came on upon the camp.

"Hana-chan, We're close. He was here just this morning." It was a good sign, but also could easily be a dead end. The thief had not packed up his things, obviously he had planned to come back. But had he gone into town to buy more supplies? Had he gone hunting for water or bodies to steal from? You couldn't just guess. He began to check the perimeter of the campsite, looking for cloth fibers from clothes, broken branches, signs of a recently forged path.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
savvagechan
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 09:13 PM

Member No.: 143

Every stride she took was a burning hatred she kept secret from the boy, balled up in her fists as she shoved them into the pockets of her jacket. She didn't want to take this anger out on the poor thing, it'd only scare him more. Yet that feeling only grew as her scarlet hues never left his solemn face.

She could quite literally see the layers of joy and compassion be stripped away from him with every body they past. It was just the same for her, from the two boys to even the girl, younger than her and even reminiscent to her- her blood boiled and festered.

"Junko...do you want to hold my hand?"

She questioned, voice frail and feathery. She wasn't the one afraid her. Hana was quite confident that she was dauntless. But she didn't want to rattle Junko anymore than he already was with her own emotions. If anything, she'd pray they'd strenghten him.

"Looks like it," She muttered, glowering at the site as they finally stumbled upon it. The campsite did look rather fresh. With a recently lit fire and everything, especially by the sharp notes of ember her sharp nose seemed to be attracted to.

She'd taken a while, her mood had deterioated into a much more serious one. As she searched the campsite, her nimblie footing making her a blur under the influence of her relic, she wondeered just what kind of man was so pitiful to live this sort of life. They seemed on the right path, but as she made sure to check for every clue she could think of, she was a bit doubtful.

"Our rat isn't out right now. What do you have in mind?"

--------------------
user posted image

"Don't be above your daydream!"
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 06:06 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

NPC POST

As the two talked inside the campsite they heard some rustling in the bushes. An older gentleman with glasses stumbled forward towards the students with a somber look on his face. He had long, unwashed gray hair, a frail looking figure, and graying skin. The old man's eyes slowly moved around the campsite then looked at the two as he gave a terrible cough. As the man coughed harder and harder it sounded like he was about to die just from coughing.

Moving forward a bit he sat down on a near by log and looked at the two.
"Bugei students huh? what a shame. I'm not even dead yet, but you can take what you want from the camp. Kill me, leave me, beat me up, it doesn't matter now." he said as he looked at the two, his body shaking a bit but his eyes saying he was expecting them to kill him.
"Damn shame kids as young as you couldn't at least wait for me to die a proper death before raiding my camp site though." his voice sounding pitiful and full of resentment as he started coughing even more. As he coughed the two would see a bit of red saliva fall from the man's mouth and onto the ground. With how sticky it seemed to be on the leaves it was clear that it wasn't ketchup, or he hadn't been eating anything red, it was clearly dark blood from his stomach.

His body shaking a bit more he used his skinny, frail looking arm to wipe his mouth before looking at them.
"Go on. Take what you want."

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 06:29 PM

Story Teller

Junko stopped moving for an instant and tensed up as the person entered his field. If this was the thief, he didn't want to let on that they were looking for him. But that fear was unfounded as the glowing figure revealed itself through the bushes as an old man. Junko stood up straight and looked at the man. This was...unexpected to say the least. He had thought they'd really been on to something here. But then, maybe lots of people were not bothered by stealing from the dead.

But Junko had been brought up to be polite. He quickly hurried over and pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and held it out to the old man with a bow. "I am sorry, grandfather." He said as respectfully as he could. We came out to the forest in search of a lost soul. We had hoped that we might find him alive." Junko spoke half truths easily, he'd had a great amount of practice under his mother after all. "My classmate and I found ourselves distracted by a trail of bodies that had been...that had their wallets removed."

Junko looked back at Hana to see how she was reacting. It seemed odd that anyone would come and live out in this forest, odder still that it would be an old man. Though perhaps this was his version of suicide. Perhaps he had seen the thief, or perhaps anything. It was too early to strike. Whatever the truth was, Junko didn't trust the old man, but he would be polite to the end. That was only proper.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
savvagechan
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 10:59 PM

Hana was anything but collected as she watched the old man hobble out into the open. She blinked a few times, her red hues taking in his form before she rubbed her eyes in disbelief. Still shocked, she looked at Junko. who'd been tenser than a cat in headlights. Then she watched him shift and quickly move towards the old man, immediately she followed after. Greeting the old man with concern for his well being out here in the wilderness.

"Dear grandfather, this place isn't safe for you. You must go back to civilization, for your health."

Hana remarked, genuine concern for the frail man shining through her. Sure, the Sanada clan was famed for war, bravery, and strategy. But it's clan members were still expected to act with etiquette. Especially their women. Just as hospitable, she bowed in respect for the elder, though she had much different thought processes.

Why was he out here, in this particular forest, all alone? Did he come to die? Possibly. But the trail of pillaged wallets and the strange way in which he appeared could very well join together. And even if they did not, what about the relic. They were not informed as to whether the fan was of such a nature or not, but if it was. Just what was it's power? This old man could not be trusted.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 10:50 PM

Administrator

NPC POST

The old man looked carefully at the Bugei students as they spoke. He fully expected them to try and rob him or take his life. Instead both of them seemed to use extremely proper terms when speaking with him. Apparently they had come looking for someone.
"My classmate and I found ourselves distracted by a trail of bodies that had been...that had their wallets removed." at the words the old man's eyebrows seemed to jump a bit, as though extremely offended. After all only a truly evil person would touch a dead body, let alone steal from it. Such taint would never leave a human's soul.
"Dear grandfather, this place isn't safe for you. You must go back to civilization, for your health." Hana said as the old man then coughed a bit, standing up with his body shaking before deciding it too much effort and sitting back down.

Looking up at the two he gazed at them with kind eyes.
"You kids are kind. I hope you can find whoever is being desperate enough to steal from dead bodies. I just pray they don't steal from mine as well." he said with what seemed like a fairly dark humored laugh.
"Though when your life is about to end, or has already ended, I suppose the corpses don't mind much what happens to them." he said as he nodded a bit sagely.

"Unfortunately if your friend is stealing from the dead I hope you can correct their evil ways. I'm afraid I"m not one stealing from corpses though. I have an advanced stage of cancer you see. The doctors don't give me long so I came out here to live in peace. I don't want to bother my family or friends any longer, and i don't wish to leave my family in debt. You may think that people come here, kill themselves, and that is all. However, many people camp out in the woods before their final moments, enjoying the quiet bliss of nature. Even here among the dead." With that he grabbed a flask and drank a bit of water.

"Though the strings they have put down for people who have second thoughts aren't just used by those who don't want to die. They are used by hikers, and even criminals, to navigate these woods." the man then had an extremely violent coughing fit as a small bit of blood fell upon the ground and he grabbed his head in a bit of pain before getting a trip upon himself.
"This is not my first time in this forest, but it will be my last. Of this i am sure."

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 07:45 PM

Story Teller

Junko kept his eyes on the old man, though he was still paying close attention to his aura and that of all the things around him. He wasn't really used to doing this kind of thing, certainly not in a situation that could instantly turn stressful if the criminal showed up. Back home on the hunts, he would focus on one or two things moving around, but it was a lot like staring off into space. He'd never practiced monitoring multiple things all going on at once. He'd have to ask the teachers for a more personalized training regiment kind of thing. Something where he could practice really pushing his ability to see everything.

"I understand,grandfather." he bowed again. This was what he had expected. "But might I get your name, I must admit, it troubles me to see so many lost souls scattered around the forest. Earlier, my partner and I stumbled across a young man who was a classmate of ours, it was thought that he was lost in the earthquake." He shook his head. "I understand your desire to not be a burden but I would like to be able to provide closure to those who might worry. If you wish for me to wait until you pass, that is something I will accept, but the strain of not knowing is a burden too."

Waiting day after day, not knowing if someone close would come home. The letter baring grave news was almost a relief though it brought its own pain. That, at least, would fade as you came to terms. What never faded was the question, the lingering doubt and the tingling of false hope still burning in your chest.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
savvagechan
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 08:46 PM

Hana couldn't help but trouble herself with other things as Junko reasoned with the old man. Death was a very, personal thing that she knew would come- but never want to talk about until that day. Naturally, she couldn't find any traction in the conversation because of how she felt- but she didn't show any signs of disgust or anger towards the dying elder.

Instead, her scarlet hues inspected their surroundings for minuscule detail, markings on trees, torn down shrubbery, footsteps in dried mud- etcetera. As Junko did the talking, she wanted to check for as much detail as possible. Though it posed a challenge to see everything she wanted to, and at a closer level of detail without moving an inch.

Of course, she wanted to gather whatever she could to seize their theif, but it was so engraved in her to respect her elders that she couldn't simply leave his presence and not feel a slight bit of shame.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 11:46 PM

Administrator

NPC POST

The elderly man, in his frailness, still managed a kind smile and looked at the two. In them he could see so many people he had known for so many years. Friends who went on to die, as well as friend that went on to become important figures in Eastern Edo's businesses. He didn't want to think anyone would look for him. He also didn't have the heart to say that he prayed no one would. Still, the boy in front of him seemed to speak from such a genuine place that it was hard for the old man to turn down his kind words.
"My name, is Koto. Shiina, Koto. I work for Abe electrical. Well, worked, when I was younger, and a bit healthier I suppose." the man then smiled and laughed a bit, which resulted in an extremely violent coughing fit before he smiled again.

"I'm sorry about your classmate. I imagine being from the Bugei you all lose a lot of classmates. Must make attachment hard. Charish who you have with you. People can choose to die alone, but you shouldn't live life that way." then he gave them both a look like a wise Buddhist monk to his students. It was the single best wisdom he could give the two of them and he hoped it sunk in.
"I hope your fellow student didn't have his wallet stolen too. Bastard. Though I doubt they hang around here. Why hang out next to a body just to have someone pin it on you? If you are desperate enough to pickpocket the dead you are probably hiding somewhere dark. Can't let people risk stealing what little you have." at least that was the best thought he could come up with.

As Hana looked around she would find plenty of shoe marks and scratched up wood, though all of it would seem like it either came from animals, or from Koto himself. Nothing really seemed out of place given the circumstances.

savvagechan
Aideen

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:12 pm

Story Teller

This was a very emotional moment but Junko was glad to learn the man's name. At the very least, it would be something that could be recorded rather than being forgotten to time, a mystery forever. Even if the old man was right and there was nobody else to mourn him, there was always somebody who might care sometime down the line. Maybe that was the more pedantic side of him coming out, the sort who liked having a nice accurate list of dates and events, the side that would journal every day.

Judging by all her fidgeting and moving around, Hana wanted to move on and keep up the hunt. He didn't blame her. After all, this was a dead end, it seemed. "We're sorry for bothering you." he bowed again. "It seems that we will have to continue our search elsewhere." There was no reason to comment on the advice, it seemed sound and Junko would hold on to it. However, one part of it did stand out. "Before we leave, do you know of any caves in the area?" Darkness might be a good idea, and a person who didn't have the knowledge to set up their own shelter might try and find something natural.

He turned to Hana, people tended to respond better when you looked at them when talking. "Hana, I think we're going to have to find a new trail to follow, or split off from a different string." He turned back to the old man. "Thank you for your time, grandfather. I am Matsudaira Junko, I hope you find the relief and peace that you seek." There wan't much else to say.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere