Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Nosce Te Ipsum, Sotan vs Bu
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 05:02 PM

Bugei Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Awards: None

The fighting suit seemed comfortable enough for her body to move freely, although she had to question its aesthetic: too dark for her taste, something that only Youri would definitely love between them. Black and white, too plain, perhaps a symbol of putting everyone to an equal level. It was respectable that, at least for her and whoever agreed her same thoughts in the whole Academy.

For sure this wasn't for Bu, she felt that.

She invented an excuse for her brother to don't make him worried for her planned training session with her new friend, so that he won't get in the middle unexpectedly and therefoe disturb them. They had the whole afternoon to do their first training session in peace, she'll reassure her of that.

She picked up her phone and sent to Bu a message, in case she was in a place where it wasn't possible to answer a direct call.

KAY: Hey Bu! It's me, Kayoko! Just wanted to tell ya that I am ready to train with you. You'll meet me in the Training Area, I'll be waiting for you.

Once it gave a little "ping!" to warn that it was sent successful, she tossed it in her bag and picked out her twin War Fans beside her own Relic, immediately placed in a safe spot of the suit. All content and determined to finally get her hands "dirty", she started some warm up with her weapons while waiting for her, elegantly unfolded and folded with fast and stready movements of her wrists. She needed to know when to open or close them to change both the range and the strenght of her attacks, it was important if not vital.

Again her mind drove wild through lots of thoughts and questions: what are her powers? Is she aggressive or not? What if one of them get hurt? And most of all, what does she expect from her?

Aideen

--------------------
The Twin Sotan

Kayoko Sotan
user posted image
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
user posted image
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 08:48 PM

Elite Member

Member No.: 77

Bu was lounging in her room avoiding her homework when her phone dinged. She rolled over on her bed and picked it up.. She hadn't expected a text so she assumed it was one of the guys from work, but it wasn't. It took her a second to remember the name on the number but the message itself cleared it up. This was the new training girl from the library. She was ready for a training session. Bu rolled off her bed with a thump and hopped to her feet. Well, if that was what the girl wanted, Bu would oblige. It was as good a reason to skip on her homework as any.

BU: K OMW

She arrived at the training grounds dressed in the new outfit she'd chosen for these events. The tights hadn't worked out last time, too much dirt built up in them. So she'd gone with short but loose black shorts and a tight grey tank top. In her hands, she was hauling a big duffel bag full of random supplies she thought might turn out useful. She had her hair twisted and tied up, though her relic was hidden and holding up the waterfall of hair. She tried not to advertise it too much, especially now that she almost never took it off.

"Yo, Kayoko." She waved on the approach and dropped the bag next to the benches. "Ah swear, you girls are so spur of the moment." She unzipped the bag and pulled out a few cheap, plastic water bottles and set them on the bench. She'd learned her lesson there too. "Good to see you're stretching, stretching's important doncha know." Bu jogged over and then started doing a few herself, mostly focusing on twisting. "How are you doing?"

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 08:31 AM

Bugei Student

She continued a bit to swing her fans while paying attention to Bu's words while she was getting herself ready as well. Whatever she meant on '"spur", she took it positively. She remained determined since their last meeting in the Library, that was noticeable.

At last she stopped her "stretching" to answer her question.
"It's nice to see you again, Bu!" She greeted back at first with a little bow.

"I've spent a bunch of mornings through various lessons to know where I should fit in the best, but with... poor results. How about you instead?" She asked back, hoping that a little chatter would help her as a little support to be more confident also in the coming friendly battle.

She had to be honest, she admired her style also here today, so carefree and chill even when she's training.

Does she dresses up like this everytime she come here? She thought with an innocent curiousity after she squared her well with interest.

--------------------
The Twin Sotan

Kayoko Sotan
user posted image
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
user posted image
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 07:10 PM

Elite Member

Bu didn't bother stopping her exercises while she talked. "Ah don't know, really. They just shoved me wherever Ah could manage. So Ah don't really worry about fitting in." She smiled. "Wasn't hard work that got me sent here, wasn't smart, they were going to send me here no matter what and then Ah got lucky playing with a few old toys and turned out to be a scion." She stood up straight and began stretching her shoulders.

"Course that's all not very interesting, doncha know." Actually, it probably was very interesting but Bu had told the story to a lot of people and it didn't hold much interest for her. "But we're not here to place you anywhere or do any training in whatever path you've been assigned by the Man." She said that dismissively. They were going to push the limits, and there wasn't any curriculum for that. You had to learn by doing.

Bu stopped stretching and walked back to the bench. "Alright, so Ah don't know what you're capable of with your fans. Ah want you to show me. Feel free to tell me while you show me, if something feels different when you do it or if there's some abnormal aspect. It might feel normal for you but Ah don't know how you feel. Once you've shown me that, we'll go to the next step."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 04:29 AM

Bugei Student

"Not being smart doesn't equal to be uhm... dumb. Don't get me wrong though, I am just saying that you might be better than anyone else at something lesser logic, and I am more than sure that you're very good in what you love!"

The conversation was already degenerating some, so she just hushed herself and continued to swing for a little longer her Iron Fans while listening to her, until she gave the signal to show her something of her abilities.

She started by closing her fans and folding them back in their holders of the suit to show her own Relic, the thin chashaku.

"Uhm, this is Namida, one of the fewest crafted items by Sen no Rikyū in person. It is said that in this last tea instrument, Rikyu has transfused all his spiritual strength and all his aesthetic belief before he committed the seppuku." She gave a brief explanation of her Relic to her, one of her little ways to gain enough focus to activate it here in this non-bellicose moment.
In fact after that briefing she begun to appear more relaxed from her previous tensions, following an inner flow that only this simple bamboo object is able to give her.
She closed her eyes and wielded it with both her hands, a gentle yet firm grip, until she opened her eyes and placed back the chashaku in its place of the suit.

She's ready.

Her hands returned to grab the War Fans hanging on her sides, but this time only one was picked up. With a fulmineous flick of her wrist it opened almost instantly, shining lightly under the light pouring in the Training Area. She turned around in the direction of the wide camp to finding something to hit, until her eyes catched a dummy right in front of her at least 7/8ft away.
It looked perfect to show her first attack to Bu.

She inhaled enough air to fill her lungs while the weapon was getting a little brighter, then she held the breath for at least three seconds, steady... after she exhaled it the hand lowered and so the fan, slashing the air and creating a blow of wind strong enough to put down the dummy.

"Aha! I've made it!" She yelped happily once she was done with the first attack. She was already impressed of herself before the other friend could say something.

___
(One Turn Cooldown)

--------------------
The Twin Sotan

Kayoko Sotan
user posted image
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
user posted image
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 07:04 PM

Elite Member

Bu watched the girl wind up and prepare the attack. And mostly she ignored the history lesson. Sure there was history to a lot of artifacts and understanding that was probably a path to greater power, but that was all personal stuff. Plus Bu, uneducated dolt that she was, didn't know whoever this guy was who made a tea thing and then killed himself. Sounded like a dumb thing to do, but Bu was hardly the sort of person to judge, she'd gotten a housewife's haircomb. In any case, what mattered was what Kayoko could do with it.

As it turned out, it was kind of a lot of build up for a not entirely impressive result. Bu didn't exactly want to be discouraging but after seeing fireballs and explosions and guns that also exploded, wind was...well it was invisible for one. The practice dummy had fallen over, so that was something. But she hadn't seen it. Bu had been spoiled by flashy magic relics and crazy powers. But this was something new. She'd probably have to go for a different tact.

"Ok." she said slowly. "Well that is something." She leaned back and looked at her bag. She could probably do something here, maybe some deflection and evasion training would be a good idea. "Trouble is, Ah don't really know how strong that is, if Ah'm honest. Can't really see air, doncha know. But maybe the proper training for your relic isn't making stuff explode and lighting me on fire." Bu knelt down and dug through the bag until she found several baseballs. She picked up four of them and held them up, two in each hand.

"Does your wind cut people, maybe strangle them? Cause, if not, Ah think Ah'll be alright standing in front of it and chucking stuff at you. Ah think a good training is if Ah throw stuff at you and you either dodge or use your fan to send them right back at me. We start with baseballs and then move on up. If we can get you sending back a whole flock of arrows, we could turn you into a really powerful protector kind of person. How's that sound?"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 02:55 AM

Bugei Student

"Hahah, no no, actually I am a little focused on defense than direct attack. They can't choke you or anything like that, only push you away. Perhaps the ground does hurt more than the wind when I put down things or people." She explained as she sent her a brief breeze in front of her to show that she only commanded the Element with no spectacular effects.

Only purity, like the Philosophy of her Ancestor.

"Perhaps it might be the greatest thing I'd do!" She cheered at the point of the arrows, thinking that she'd be that strong one day or when her Relic would allow her to gain such strenght to bear.
She remained still a moment to listen and assimilate her plan, and for her it sounded like a good beginning.

"Oh yeah, I like how it sounds!"

She closed a moment her fan as to let it "rest" in her right hand, wanting to use the nude steel as her primal attack to push back the ball. Later she'll use her Relic Abilities, wanting to remain "fresh" with those for the right time to unleash them again.

--------------------
The Twin Sotan

Kayoko Sotan
user posted image
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
user posted image
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 09:33 AM

Elite Member

"Ok, so we'll focus a lot more on defensive stuff then." Bu nodded to herself while she made the necessary mental readjustments. It was hard to plan ahead when scions could do basically anything at seemingly random. She also felt a bit more confident knowing she wasn't going to get suffocated. Thus far in her life, it seemed to be the biggest weakness in her scion fighting style.

As Bu walked out onto the practice grounds, she put all four balls in one hand and lowered it. Rock seemed to grow out of her skin and around the baseballs. The stone formed up to her elbow and down to about halfway over each baseball. As precariously as they had been balanced, none of them budged an inch even now that they were upside down. The stone had locked them in place.

"Alright. So the first thing Ah think we're gonna do is chuck some baseballs at you. Ah think next time Ah'll bring a couple dozen. For now, when Ah throw the ball, either dodge it or knock it back towards me. Try using your wind thingy to blow them back too."

Now that Bu was in a new mindset, more ideas came to mind, why send things back only, maybe Kayoko could redirect shots too. That'd be something to test out later. "Alright, first ball." She plucked one baseball from her hand and tossed it, fairly lightly, towards Kayoko's chest.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 3 2018, 10:16 AM

Bugei Student

Kayoko studied Bu carefully, the way she moves and talks, until her attention collapsed altogether when she was confused and interested at her skin turning like stone.
"Wow, so that's what your ability looks like-" The little chatter was cutted abruptly with a loud and sharp gasp of pain.
A fatal distraction, the volleyball hit her straight on the abdomen, stealing her breath and letting her winch on her place. She remained still for a good minute, pressing one hand over the aching area, then she slowly regained her breath with a little groan through her gritted teeth. That hit, although pretty "light", caused still some nuisances to bear, but she wasn't numbed by the pain enough to be already KO.

"I-I'm fine, ugh... guess I need to train also my reflexes." She hummed with an embarrassed chuckle escaping her lips.
She felt still able to fight in the end, it was just a repairable mistake.

With a determined nod to herself, she raised up fully her bust and opened up again her War Fan. No more games, no more distractions.

"Alright! I am back in action. Do it again!" She allowed with her voice cleared from the sore.

She'll get through this too.

--------------------
The Twin Sotan

Kayoko Sotan
user posted image
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
user posted image
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 3 2018, 03:50 PM

Elite Member

"Don't get distracted." Bu said as she watched the girl try to recover from the hit. Bu kind of felt bad about that. In her own opinion, she hadn't thrown it that hard, but then Bu had also kind of been going so long without feeling any pain that she could have been a bit too hard. Well, maybe it was a combination of the two.

"Reflexes are definitely part of what we're gonna be working on, Kay." She said, just casually shortening Kayoko's name. "You have to be quick, and you have to think quicker, doncha know. Fast hands won't do you any good if you haven't decided what they'll be doing." That was something you picked up on the bike as well. Going at high speeds, sometimes you had an instant and you had to rely on your instincts to react as your mind just couldn't process fast enough to keep up with other motorcycles.

"Now remember, dodge if you think you can, block if you can't. And if you do have to block it, try and send it back at me." Bu held up the softball again and made it clear she was going to throw. It wasn't a surprised, they could work on that later. Bu lobbed the ball at Kayoko again. This time she threw it underhanded and aimed at Kayoko's legs.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 7 2018, 03:46 PM

Bugei Student

Kayoko nodded at Bu again. That was a good plan for her, a mix to refine her reflexes and her "Defensive Skills" is what she needs the most.

She followed her advices this time and choosed to avoid it. So, instead of hitting it with her War Fan and lose her balance, she simply made a fast shift aside and let the volleyball pass an inch away from her ankles. She said nothing once the ball was successfully dodged - talking would only distract her right now - instead she just made a short sigh of satisfaction and returned on the same position of before in front of Bu, as a way to let her continue to throw those in her direction.

Bigger things are achieved with little steps, just like now, and she couldn't be happier by that philosophy.

--------------------
The Twin Sotan

Kayoko Sotan
user posted image
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
user posted image
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 8 2018, 08:26 PM

Elite Member

"Good dodge." Bu had two balls left. She let the stone fade from her hand as she took one of them into her right hand. She bit her lip. Ok, so now Kayoko was getting the hang of it. Avoid what you can. That was important, but then, she couldn't just let the other girl avoid all the attacks. But then again, it was difficult to make something hard to avoid without throwing it so hard that it might hurt. Bu could always say to block the next one, but that seemed like it wasn't good training.

Well, she did have two balls. Bu lightly tossed the first ball, not too hard, it should be easy to dodge. As soon as Kayoko started moving, however, Bu threw the second ball. Much like the first ball, it wasn't too hard, but it was going pretty fast. She'd have to block this one. Or use her power to send it flying away. Bu was kind of excited to see that in action.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 12 2018, 08:32 AM

Bugei Student

One of the two balls was dodged succcessfully, while the other was pushed back with the fan closed. An elegant twist of her body which looked like a dance step after she regained her balance with both her feet stable on the ground.

The hit on the other ball wasn't that powerful, as her main focus was to avoid them, but anyway it reached back Bu with a single bounce.

She smiled back satisfied, the initial "trainings" before entering the Academy appear to give its fruits now. And this was just the beginning.

--------------------
The Twin Sotan

Kayoko Sotan
user posted image
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
user posted image
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 12 2018, 09:54 AM

Elite Member

"Alright, not bad." Bu grabbed the ball as it rolled back to her. "That's not bad. Ah think we'll get something special out of your training yet." She grinned. This was a good start, but there were still improvements that could be made. "You said you had gusts of wind as a power, right? Your relic is magic but it's still just a thing. It's not unbreakable. Ah've heard of people whose relics broke, not a good experience. So while you can block with that, it'll be even better if stuff thrown at you can't even get that close."

Bu tossed the ball in a high arc towards Kayoko. "Use your powers to try and send it back towards me. Don't worry about knocking me down, Ah'll be fine." After this, she'd definitely have to go chase the other balls she'd thrown. Maybe next time they could practice with Kayoko in front of a wall and Bu could throw handballs. That way the balls would come back whatever happened. Oh well, thoughts for future training.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 18 2018, 04:53 PM

Bugei Student

At the mention of how the Relics were so fragile, she gave a brief nod, knowing that already for how her own was shaped. Even a single blow with anything hard or sharp enough could break it apart.

Then a pause, she heard her and kept her focus on the volleyballs, she was already getting quite well used of.

Again the ball was aimed in the direction of her bust, so she focused the same amount of her Relic powers in her single War Fan, opened right in time with her rapid agility, to toss it back at her. Unfortunately the wind blast was imprecise, the ball took a different direction than the one she had planned. It flew past the right side of Bu. Only the residue wind moved through the blonde hair of the girl, cold and sharp, while the ball was already bouncing in the direction of a wall inside the training area.

"Whoops-" She barely muttered with an embarrassed blush before she chased immediately the running ball with a quiet huff. "H-Hold it there, I gotcha that..!" She said at Bu as she was few feet away from it.
Perhaps she'll need more than training her sole strenght and resistance.

--------------------
The Twin Sotan

Kayoko Sotan
user posted image
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
user posted image
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY