Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Walking into a trap? (Junko, Shinsuke)
Aideen
 Posted: May 2 2017, 09:28 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Junko picked up another box and sliced the tape open. This one was filled with more normal clothing. He dug his hand around in there but that wasn't holding on to any fragile things either. "I guess that would be ok, though I don't know if I should be relying on borrowing money all the time. But I will pay you back, I promise." He crossed himself like he'd seen in a movie while he also resolved to keep his eyes open for any job opportunities posted while they went out. You couldn't let a golden opportunity slip past.

He looked at Todo-chan for a few seconds while she tapped away on her phone. Maybe he wouldn't have anything for her in these boxes, but he could probably set something up for her. He set the new box aside and stood up. "You keep looking through the boxes, I have an idea." He said and walked over to his little bureau. He slid out the top drawer and took out his scarf.

As much as he'd gotten used to it, there were a great many things that his next dorm neighbors might end up doing that he did not want to know about, so he rarely wore it inside anymore. He'd be wearing it today, but that was not what he was after. Beneath it was the remains of the hair ribbon. He'd been wearing this when they first met, now that he thought about it. Admittedly he'd had it tied around his neck since he'd butchered his hair that day too.

"That sounds perfect for me, then." He replied, not a trace of irony or joke to it. He folded the ribbon into thirds to hide the cut seam where he'd removed his artifact from inside. There was no real time to sew the ribbon back up but he could probably tie it into a pretty enough decoration. He made a few quick folds and a small knot and ended up with a flower shape, but he'd still need a clip or possibly a tie. He turned to face Todo-chan and held it up. It's not perfect, but it might do until we get to the shop. There might be something secondhand for you too."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: May 4 2017, 07:12 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, but I also want to help if I can. Perhaps I can introduce you to one of the managers from the part time job I worked too? They might be able to help get you a part time job so you can raise your own manly funds," Shin suggested, chuckling a little at the way Junko crossed himself. Probably just for luck - he didn't think the Matsudaira of Hokkaido were Christian.

As Junko announced he had an idea, Shin figured it wouldn't hurt to look through the boxes anyhow. His mind drifted to the weather forecast he'd seen yesterday - it was getting warmer in Edo, so lighter clothes might be nice. Otherwise he'd be sweating despite his best efforts at self-regulation and control. Sure he could help mediate a dispute between two clans who'd long been at odds. The extra warmth of the returning spring? That wasn't something that he was as gifted in dealing with. Thankfully there appeared to be a good number of lighter weight yet still sophisticated blouses and skirts available in the box. Assuming that he was in a mood to go out as Todo-chan, he had it made!

Just then Junko held up the ornament that he'd made out of ribbon. A rather nice little decoration, from the looks of it. Shin dropped a floaty feeling blouse and walked over to have a peek at what his friend had made. After looking very closely at it he realized just what the ribbon was. Not a simple ribbon, but the very ribbon Junko had kept his relic in! Now he was offering the remnant of its original cover to Shin as a hair ornament. That was kind of bold - Shin actually was a little speechless at first. Then he realized that he did have something that could help hold it in. Holding up a hand to indicate Junko should wait right there, Shin rushed over to his discarded trousers and fished out a single hair clip. It'd gotten in there when he had been trying to stuff whatever might come in handy into his pockets; he'd forgotten it was there for a little while but the makeshift ornament triggered his memory.

Holding it out, he said, "Hey, will this work to hold it in? I know you've got to be glad to have your relic in a manlier place, but.. it's pretty impressive that you're okay letting me use that ribbon for a hair decoration. Thanks a lot, Jun-kun." With that he kept his hands out and asked, "Say, would you mind.. er.. clipping it on for me? I'm not so hot when it comes to accessorizing."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 5 2017, 04:26 PM

Story Teller

Junko nodded. "Yeah sure, that might help me out some. Where did you work before?" It was good to get a reference from somebody who worked there since, when it came to job experience, he was pretty sorely lacking. His marketable skills, if one didn't include the ones he was trying to abandon, mostly involved hunting and butchering wild game. It didn't seem like there would be much call for that here in the city unless he ended up working at the local grocery butcher shop. Not exactly a job he wanted but beggars could not be choosers and Junko would be begging if he wanted any job.

He watched as Todo-chan dug around and pulled out a hair clip. "Ooh, that's super lucky. Ought to have one of those as back up all the time. You never know when you might need to replace one or lend it out." He said as he took the clip and slid it into the center of the flower bow. He tucked the ends into the clip as well so that it might stay together better, didn't want to deal with it coming apart as they walked, after all. That wouldn't be very cute at all.

"Course I'll help you." Junko stepped up behind her and carefully ran his fingers through her hair. He caressed it a few times to make sure he had a good sense of the length of it. It wasn't all that long, but that was fine, it was still a very cute cut. "Why wouldn't I be ok with it? It's just a ribbon now." He shrugged, though she couldn't see that. "I had a lot of ribbons and my mom threw a fit when I started wearing an old, musty bowstring around all the time." He carefully held the ribbon up in several locations, over the ear, behind the ear, in the center of the back of her head, but, in the end, behind and a little above the ear looked the best.

"She liked the hair ribbon though. Assumed I was finally accepting myself for what she wanted me to be. So we both got to be happy and that's what mattered most." He pulled away and looked over her. "Check the mirror, tell me what you think. But you really will need to learn how to accessorize properly." He held up a finger. "A proper lady can live or die by her choices in accessory." he quoted one of his mother's sayings. Certainly choosing wrong meant punishment but that wasn't applicable here. Just two friends, no pressure.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: May 9 2017, 07:13 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Shinsuke replied, "It was a cafe, kind of a small homey feeling to it really. I'm not sure what the manager would think of you at first, but I'll put in a good word for you. And if you need some tips on how to do the job I could help too. I think you'd fit in just f..." Then he realized that this might very well not be a very good suggestion after all. Not that he doubted Junko's ability to perform the job duties well. No, this was due to the fact that the job had been at a maid cafe in particular. Junko was fighting so hard to define himself as a man that the last thing he'd want would be to get pulled into being a girl. Though he quickly thought of a way that perhaps his friend could still do it, "Do you think a butler's outfit would suit you? That's the sort of thing the manager would give you as a uniform. Kind of classy, but a bit stifling at times too."

The excitement of his friend at the discovery of a hair clip made it a little hard to envision the boy as a butler. Or rather to imagine the manager seeing the boy as a potential opportunity to expand the wait staff options. Maybe it was just his own brain transitioning into 'Todo-chan' mode now, but the help with getting the clip in was.. endearing. That was the first word that came to mind. Having Junko fuss over where to put it just made the final decision all the more endearing. With the help of someone with such knowledge of ladylike things, he was sure that he'd look good.

"Your mother doesn't know what she's talking about. I think a bowstring would be a pretty interesting accessory to wear. Frankly it would make you stand out for who you are. Of course I wear an old jacket around all the time when I think I'll need its benefits. Guess we're kind of similar in that, ne?" He remarked, then checked the mirror as instructed. That seemed to be quite a nice spot for the ribbon, which completed his new look rather nicely. It was surprising how well everything fit him despite him being a little taller than Junko. What a lucky day!

"Looks good to me," he commented as he twirled around before stopping to face Junko, "I suppose you're right about the accessorizing, it does seem pretty important. I'm not really all that sure where to start other than what my gut says about options sometimes. My sister doesn't help that much either.. she's about as girly as our aunt.. who is terrifying."

He shuddered at the thought before asking, "So, are we ready to go Jun-kun?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 10 2017, 08:20 PM

Story Teller

Junko nodded thoughtfully as he walked back around to the front of Todo-chan. "I don't know, I've never really thought about being a butler, I can probably butle good, it seems like a manly thing to do. And I can put some of my extra lessons about being polite and junk to use." That would probably go some length to keeping it so that mother wouldn't turn over in her grave, a very difficult trick when you were still alive. But the uncomfortable aspect of it would probably not be a problem. "I think I can handle a bit of uncomfortable clothing. I grew up wearing clothes I didn't like, plus there's nothing like laying in a pile of slimy, wet leaves for several hours waiting for the deer to come by to really test your fortitude."

"Similar enough, I gotta grab one last thing before we go though." He replied and walked back to his desk. He picked up the scarf and took a deep breath as the world came back into focus. He'd probably adapted to the artifact too quickly, certainly he'd spent far longer without it, but once he had it, it just fit him. It was like his thumb, important and something he didn't like giving up. Seeing the world this way did take a bit of focus, especially when looking at somebody with his own eyes.

It was so hard to explain to people so mostly he didn't bother to try. He just saw what he saw and left it at that. It was his artifact, why should it matter how other people thought it worked? He wrapped the scarf loosely around his neck several times and let the rest of it dangle down behind him where it occasionally bounced against the small of his back. It reminded him of the hair he had cut, certainly the weight was comfortably familiar.

"You're not wrong about it being interesting, it was totally like a conversation starter." He smiled as he lightly brushed his hand against the scarf. "But it was ratty, old, discolored, and probably had a million germs on it until we soaked it in bleach." He closed his eyes. "Sweat, blood, wax, oil, a million things had been on the string, It is special, but also kind of totally disgusting." He opened his eyes and laughed. "God, I bet the scions with actual clothing have it the worst. Can you imagine wearing like the underthings of your grandpa times a hundred? Eww." He pulled a face.

"I'd take a sundress over that any day. Just yuck." He picked up his shoes and put them on, lacing them up quickly. Then he walked over to Todo-chan. "Did you want to use me as support putting on the geta or did you want me to slip them on you? I can do either."

END THREAD

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel