Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

First day jitters, (Open)
Maran
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 07:41 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 171

Awards: None

Hoshi stared in awe at the academy. This was it, the Edo Bugei Academy, were Scions went to train and control their powers. According to the information sent to her phone, this would be her home for the next four years. She picked up her back and slung it on her back. Aside from a few changes of clothes and her "art" (smut) books, she had her naginata in its softcase along with the supplies to maintain it. She entered the middle building, unsure of which one was supposed to be the girl dorms, but guessing that it would be as separate as possible from the boys dorms.

The inside was...well, it was about as much as could be expected considering it was apparently run by the shogunate and everybody was either nobility or otherwise entrusted with great power. To Hoshi, it felt like chaos. There were boys and girls intermingling all over the place, a small group having what appeared to be a mock fight. And then her eyes of course, being better than most, saw that there were a few couples suckling each other's faces off. Hoshi could only imagine what Masami would say and do had she seen this. Her signature smile brightened a bit before she started to try and get help, "excuse me," the boy simply ignored her and kept walking, "excus-" the group of girls walked past talking loudly about some band. Hoshi sighed, if she could speak even slightly louder, maybe she wouldn't have this problem. All she could do was stand and look helpless, hoping someone would notice her before curfew.

--------------------
Hikita Hoshi, the singer with no song who wears a mask
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 09:21 AM

Story Teller

Member No.: 28

In came Yami, dressed in surprisingly tight fitting military styled clothing compared to his normal attire, including a pair of short shorts that only a feminine frame like his could pull off. He had his normal penguin backpack filled with his artisan and medical items, but he also had one other thing as well. There was a small cage of some kind under a cloth, hiding what was under it.

The noise of his dress shoes would grow louder even in the room full of other students, and he would hear the small voice trying to get anyone's attention. The small male would walk towards her and stop just before reaching her, seeming to keep the container a safe distance away from her. "Do you need help," he asked in a surprisingly dry manner. His appearance would mislead her to think he was a 10 year old child, but truthfully he was only a year younger than Hoshi, and slightly shorter as well.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Maran
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 05:12 PM

Hoshi looked in surprise at the young boy in front of her. He was slightly shorter than her and couldn't be more than nine. though with the way he spoke, she guessed he was maybe eleven or twelve, "um, yes. I'm new here and I was kinda hoping to find out where I need to go." She gestured to her bag and case, "do your parents work here or something?" She tucked a loose bit of hair behind her ear as she awaited the answer.

Since she had a moment to study the boy closely, she noticed he was kinda cute. Not in the romantic sense, more like an adorable little brother sort of appearance that probably caused him no end of grief around the girls that lived here. She would make a point to be respectful and not gush all over him if that was the case. Even if it wasn't, it would be rude to act like that.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 09:13 AM

Story Teller

Yami's eyebrow twitched. "I'm a student here, and my parents are at home in the Noto province." As he finished stating this, something in the cage made a hiss noise and the cage swung a small amount. At this point he put the cage down, tired of hanging on to whatever was causing such a ruckus inside the covered container, it could probably be guessed that it was some sort of snake. "As far as where to go, the academy can be a little confusing at first. The female dorms are over there," he would point in a direction up a set of stairs, "The male dorms on the other side. And when you pick classes you'll be told where they are through a phone call or text message."

He would smile his warmest smile, which looked a bit forced, though friendly at the same time. "Also, I apologize, my name is Hatakeyama, Yami, first year, medical artisan."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Maran
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 04:40 PM

Hoshi turned bright red and started bowing repeatedly, " I'm so sorry senpai! I meant no disrespect!" Well....already she had gone and offended someone. The cage...holder...thingy certainly seemed curious now that it was hissing, "should it be doing that?" She asked in concern with a nervous smile. Hoshi thanked him for the information about their receiving messages from their classes. That would be pretty helpful until she knew where to go.

His self introduction help alliviate some of her fears, "Hikita Hoshi of Higashi-Naruse in the Akita Province. I'm in the Infiltration track but I'm not sure which subtrack I'll be taking yet." That would be problematic until she had a bit more information, but that was for another day.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 11:12 AM

Story Teller

"No need to apologize, it happens all the time due to my...," he cleared his throat, cheeks turning slightly red as well, "Short stature." Hoshi asked him about the cage that he was carrying. It hissed and banged around again and he smiled warmly. "This is a part of my specialty." He carefully pulled the cloth that was draping the cage up, showing a very bristly looking viper. It had yellow and black colored scales, and silvery eyes.

It hissed again, showing it's fangs and unhappiness before striking at the side of the cage again. "This is the newest pet of mine, an Atheris Hispada, or as I like to call it, a feather viper." He smiled, this time it seemed a lot friendlier and warmer than the first. Someone taking an interest in his work seemed to cause him great enjoyment. "I'm studying the effects of it's venom and trying to harness the cytotoxins and use their ability to cause cell necrosis."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Maran
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 12:49 PM

Hoshi sighed in relief in her head. So she hadn't offended him, that was good. Or she had but he was forgiving. Huh, now she was going to have to figure that out later. When Yami held the cloth, her eyes sparkled as she hoped to see something cool. She jumped back when the snake struck the side of the cage and the boy explained his interest in the creature.

Carefully getting closer to look at the beautiful but deadly reptile, she raised an eyebrow, her habitual smile making a weird expression, "As amazing as it is, do the staff here really trust students that much to let us walk around with this stuff?" She asked more out of disbelief than anything. She had only been here for a short while and had already seen people walking around with some pretty powerful weapons and relics, so she knew that they allowed it. It just refused to process in her mind.

"If I recall right, these guys hang out in Africa at night, where did you get him?"

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 09:37 PM

Story Teller

"Because I do not have a relic, I was sought out for my exceptional poison and medicine crafting," He left out the more important part about being a member of a family who had dealings with an underground black market, but that was probably for the best. After all, he was here for training and to keep his family in line, and this information would put himself and even his family in danger from the Shogunate.

"As for where I got this," he pondered for a short time. It probably wasn't best to explain to a student that his family smuggled such things in through the sea ports they owned. "It's a trade secret. Stays in the family you know." He smiled warmly again. "You said you were in the infiltration track. Perhaps you'll need my services one day. Do you have a relic?" He started to look around Hoshi with an expression of childlike wonder, as if he could see which part of her attire her relic was just by sight alone.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Maran
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 04:04 PM

Hoshi "oh'd" as Yami explained himself. It made sense though, not everyone could use a Relic and even those that could might not be able to find the one they're compatable to. Hearing of his abilities with body altering chemicals, she figured he had to be a genius of some kind.

"I see. As for me, my Relic is-" a ghostly cane thwacked her head, "whyyyy?" She turned to see the echo of the spirit that was attached to her bracer hidden under her sleeve, "Because knowledge is power and you were about to give up your weakness!" She looked at the ghost with teary eyes before turning to Yami with a watery smile, "my Relic is ah....is pretty plain. Nothing to look at really." The ghost nodded before disappearing. "It makes me move fast but from what I understand, it should be able to do so much more."

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 07:55 AM

Story Teller

Yami made a 'hmmmm' as he thought for a moment. "I hear that the more you train, and the more missions and things you do, the better it becomes." He didn't find it odd that they didn't tell him exactly what the item was, but he wanted to set one thing straight. "This is the Bugei Academy, just remember that we are all here as friends, or at least comrades under the same orders. Don't ever hesitate to ask for help from your fellow peers." Another smile. Yami didn't smile much, and didn't actually know many people, so this wasn't exactly characteristic of him.

He was a member of the host club however, and this type of behavior wasn't uncommon for him when he was trying to make someone feel welcome, and this was definitely a time to be a good host. Speaking of which, "On behalf of the students and staff, and as a soldier of the Shogunate, I welcome you to this academy as a friend and ally." He would bow as he said this. He was concerned that since everyone ignored her, no one would have even welcomed Hoshi to the academy at all.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Maran
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 05:56 PM

"I see." She had been told that little bit of information, but hearing it confirmed was nice. She figured that any future powers would probably be speed related, but maybe there might be a nice surprise. When Yami told her that they were comrades in arms, Hoshi smiled, "I'd have no problem telling you about it but," She glanced around, "the ah...echo that my Relic is imbued with is rather uptight about information and whenever I start talking about it he shows up and stops me." She hoped it didn't come off as crazy or a pathetic attempt to seem cool or mysterious. If pressed, she could show some of the bruises from that damned cane of Bungoro, "I'll keep it in mind though."

She bowed back to Yami as he welcomed her to Bugei Academy, "thank you for having me" She replied mostly out of habit and also because it was rude to not thank one's host after being formally welcomed.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 07:37 AM

Story Teller

Yami just smiled at the accepted invitation. He seemed to be doing a lot more smiling than he normally did today. Normally his attitude was pretty stoic and professional, but he as the landing point of a new student here at the academy. He didn't have to be warm and inviting due to attendance being mandatory, but it would make first arrival actually a little pleasant.

One thing about her did confuse him. Her relic talked? He pulled out a notebook that had a cute penguin cartoon on the front and a pen and scribbled down something. "I wasn't aware that the ancestral energy housed in relics could actually communicate with the host being." He looked up at her before scribbling some more information down. "What interesting information this is...what kind of things does it say?" He would wait with a very interested expression and a ready pen.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Maran
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 07:51 PM

Hoshi looked confused, didn't the spirits talk to their Scions and provide guidance? "Well, Hikita-sama usually yells a lot, telling me to make adjustments to my stances or that I didn't properly maintain the Relic. He's rather...insistent I guess, on certain things, like eating habits." That had always kinda been bizarre since she could eat a horse and stay skinny like a stick somehow. And Hikita Bungoro didn't like that, according to him women were supposed to have curves, "I think it's because I was trained as a shrine maiden that I can see him and I'm his Scion since I haven't seen any other spirits tied to relics yet."

She set her stuff down and sat on her bag, hand holding her chin in thought, "it's odd though, you'd think that the spirits would want to communicate more with their wielders."

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 12:10 PM

Story Teller

Yami scribbled down notes including the word hallucination with a question mark next to it before snapping it shut. "Oh, I don't have any clue," he replied flatly. "I'm in the chemistry business and don't have a relic. I'm not sure what's normal about them and what isn't." It was clear that Yami was doing some sort of research on the topic, but what he had detailed would be unknown from seeing just the one notebook page he was scribbling on.

"Being in the medical field here at the academy means that I have to have do do research into at least one subject besides chemistry.. So I'm researching relationships between relics and their users." He had just recently started researching this topic, and hadn't discovered much yet.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Maran
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 08:48 AM

Hoshi stood back up as Yami closed his notebook. She brushed her hair behind her ears as she thought about the weird relationship between her and her Relic. The idea that the medical group had to research another thing on top of medicine seemed a bit odd, but maybe there was a good reason to it. And his choice of studying the bond between Relic and scion certainly seemed ambitious. Hoshi could respect that.

This brought another question to mind, "is it just the medicinE group that does that, or do all tracks have to research something outside their field?" She wasn't sure what she would be able to do since her knowledge was pretty limited to mostly religious stuff.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp