Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Closed
New Poll

The Issue of Masumi's Fan (Hosokawa x Suishoku)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 30 2016, 04:32 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

Alida

Suishoku had been summoned. There was no real reason to know why. The summon hadn't come from one of the teachers or another student, but instead was a direct summon from the very top of Edo Bugei Academy. The summon had been sent to her via e-mail in the hour of the rabbit. So she would receive it right when she woke up.
"Ms. Yuubae, I would like you to come to my office at once. We need to discuss something you have in your possession. Please bring the fan of Takenaka Hanbei with you. I would eat before hand. This will be a long meeting."

Behind thick oak doors was a very large office. Most of the office seemed covered in bookshelves with a large set of armor in the corner. In the back of the office lay three massive windows for looking at the back of the Academy. In front of the windows was a large wooden desk with papers stacked everywhere and a very expensive looking chair behind it. Headmaster Hosokawa never seemed like an imposing person until he spoke. His body language always felt shockingly casual for the headmaster of an academy, however his words carried an almost oppressive air about them. After all, if he didn't have a commanding presence how could he ever keep the academy student in check?

When Suishoku arrived, the moment she got within knocking distance of the door she would hear the headmaster's voice.
"Come in." it sounded very strict. Upon entering the room she would find not just the headmaster but also Mizuha-sensei and a surprisingly familiar face. That of the senior metsuke of the Shogunate Ajibana. Mizuha-sensei was in her usually teaching attire while Ajibana had on his official senior metsuke robes. All three had rather serious expressions as the headmaster spoke.
"Please make sure the door is closed behind you." he would then wait for the door to be shut completely.
"I assume you know why I summoned. It has come to my attention you have the relic carried By Kajiawara Masumi All relics are considered property of the state. I would like you place the fan on my desk." and with that Suishoku would notice that in spite of all the clutter on the desk the middle of the space was in fact cleared off.
"I would like to know why you haven't turned the relic over to the school yet." Ajibana said in a serious tone as Mizuha-sensei spoke up.
"Sir Ajibana, please. Since the attack on the Shogunate's life things have been very hectic for everyone. There is no reason to be so on edge." she spoke softly and smiled at Suishoku. If the headmaster was the father of the academy then by all means Mizuha-sensei was the loving grandmother.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 10:36 AM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

A groggy and bedhead Suishoku rolled in her bed to the alarm clock. About 5 Am she'd wake, after forgetting to set the thing for a later time, but it was too late. She shoved aside the stuffed animals on her bed to tap her hands on the keyboard and headphones of her laptop. It seemed like a normal thing, thinking little about it when the screen lit up to an e-mail with the school logo sealed upon it. She was sure to have turned it off bt it apparently went into sleep mode till now. Fearing it was some elite business from Izuki-senpai, and the thought of what would happen if she tried to ignore it, she tapped the message open to be greeted with something far worse.

She read the message once and then again to make sense of it. Takenaka Hanbei? His fan? It was too early to have it click in her head before her eyes met with the neat fan on her night stand. It was the only new fan she had acquired so that must be what they were talking about but what for this ordinary fan? Suishoku picked it up with care, finding little odd about it sizes its rather aged appearance. "Now though?" An equally groggy voice wondered and looked to the e-mail for an answer back. There wasn't a time or date beyond when it was just sent very recently. The words at once struck a cord with her and the fan was placed back on the stand. She had a bad feeling about this and it was time to get dressed.

--

She regretted wearing the Elite student uniform but it was the clothes supplied to her now once the school has finally redeemed every standard uniform in her possession. It was either that or pay a fine which she didn't want to encourage accepting. It was still early in the morning as she tried waking herself up with coffee milk out of the local vending machine but it didn't sit right with her stomach. Her relic and fan in her school bag, hidden from sight, as she arrived to the new oak doors of a very large office on the third floor of the school.

Curling a hand at her side into a tight fist, she paused briefly to try steeling herself for the meeting and knocked. A stern voice from behind the door allowed her entry. The strict manner of tone had her squeeze her fist tighter before stepping inside. The headmaster of the school sat at his desk but wasn't alone. With him was Mizuha-sensei and a senior metsuke who has made an appearance a few times before at the school. Seeing these three people, Suishoku surmised Mizuha-sensei being here as a good cop, Ajibana as the bad cop, and the principal as the judge. 'Ah god, what did I do? It's grave robbery, isn't it? But he wasn't at a grave yet! Calm down, calm down. It's just a fan.' She thought worriedly and closed the door behind her. A few steps forward were taken to stand before them with hands pressed at her sides before at least bowing deeply to her seniors first.

"I assume you know why I summoned. It has come to my attention you have the relic carried By Kajiawara Masumi All relics are considered property of the state. I would like you place the fan on my desk."

Relic?

"A...relic, sir?"
Suishoku looked at the Principal briefly stunned by what he said. She was holding a relic Masumi-senpai had? Her eyes searched to find if this was true till Ajibana spoke up.

"I would like to know why you haven't turned the relic over to the school yet."

Her lips parted for an answer but Mizuha-sensei stepped in for her defense which served to confuse her even more. Were they thinking she was a heretic now?

"Sir Ajibana, please. Since the attack on the Shogunate's life things have been very hectic for everyone. There is no reason to be so on edge."

The floor returned to her with expecting eyes. An explanation must be given that resorted in her to be extra cautious around them. They were authority figures, almost parents in Mizuha-sensei's case, but can also have her thrown out or arrested just as easily as the Shogun could have her behead. They should be able to understand though, won't they? This was going to be a dead man's memento after all. The possibility of this fan being a relic never crossed her mind at all till now. Thanks to that, did she partly regret picking it up in the first place that morning.
"I was, not aware said item is a relic,"
Suishoku spoke slowly in case either adult in the room wished to but in. She didn't make a move to reach for it but keep her arms tightly at her sides. By all means they could interpret her answer as naive for not knowing Masumi was a fellow Scion. She would have to explain herself further to avoid a harsh persecution. "Being present at his time of death, I thought the fan would have served a proper memento as he...perished on duty." If this item is the relic and, likely, the cause of his illness then these people had nearly every right to be locked away but relics were very picky about who they choose to wield them. In this did she now hope this was the case now that this summons was about that object. Giving what was once a simple fan to Yumiko got even more complicated than before.

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 12:14 PM

Administrator

Alida
All eyes fell upon Suishoku to explain herself. Mizuha-sensei gazed at her with kind eyes, expecting a fair explanation while Ajibana seemed to already have it in his head that she may be an enemy of the state.
"I was, not aware said item is a relic," Suishoku's reply made Ajibana scoff a bit but Mizuha-sensei shot him a hard glance that made even the senior metsuke stand at attention. She may not have looked it but most Edo Officials knew of the once terrifying sniper that now served as a teacher at the school, even if most of the students did not.
"Being present at his time of death, I thought the fan would have served a proper memento as he...perished on duty." Both Mizuha-sensei and the headmaster lowered their heads a bit, Ajibana only seeming to do so out of respect to someone who died trying to protect their country. With her explanation over both Ajibana and Mizuha-sensei looked at the headmaster who breathed a heavy sigh. A long moment of silence hung in the room, as though Masumi's ghost had passed through as everyone thought of what to say.

Finally the headmaster looked at Suishoku and then at Mizuha-sensei.
"Masumi, was close to two people at the academy. How are they doing?" he first asked Suishoku but Mizuha-sensei was quick to answer instead.
"Izuki Kai is in the hospital still, and Tagami-san, well, but honestly I don't think the poor girl has stopped crying even once since she found out." again the headmaster closed his eyes and thought for a moment.
"I don't see what any of this has to do with recovering a stolen relic." Ajibana said bluntly, his hand on the sword at his side. However the headmaster shook his head a bit and looked at Suishoku.
"I will ask you two things, politely. The first, is that you swear on your position at this school and what may possibly be the lives of your family members as well that you did not knowingly take the fan of Takenaka Hanbei?" then reaching over to a folder he opened the file that showed various pieces of information about Masumi. Pulling out a photo of he and Yumiko together the headmaster faced the photo towards Suishoku.
"Second, What do you think of the relationship between Kajiawara Masumi and Tagami Yumiko? Have you heard anything about her over the past few days since Kajiwara's passing?" he folded his hands in front of his mouth and kept his elbows on his desk, curious to see Suishoku's response.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 08:19 PM

Platinum Poster

A moment of silence passed as many in the room kept quiet and bowed their heads in respect or remain silent for the moment it brought. Suishoku tried not to fidget much in this. Anxious of what was to happen next but the save of respect toward Masumi seemed to have quelled most of the anger within the room.

The principal picked up the interrogation with mention of those closest to Masumi. Yumiko came to her mind first while he mentioned Izuki-senpai. They were present for Kuromi's birthday spa and the man mostly spent his time drinking with Izuki-senpai for the longest. The healthiest he has ever looked at the time. Izuki remained recovering at the hospital, now stated by Mizuha-sensei, and Yumiko is now at her worst. Suishoku sighed quietly at how Yumiko has been feeling since the senior's passing. There needed to be some time and even then, if she handed the fan to her any sooner would Yumiko probably broke down even more. There didn't seem to be any right away to go about it.

Ajibana's voice had Suishoku's eyes shift toward the elder but their gaze went straight for his sword where the man's hand had rested. One misstep and that would be at her neck with just one commend away from ending this meeting almost messily. Hosokawa spoke up with an odd set of words Suishoku wasn't fully prepared to hear from him before. Her family was one thing but her position? Now wasn't the time to for status complexes though as she solemnly nodded her head at the truth. "I was not aware, sir." The fan was a commanding item and suited Masumi so well that she figured the relic itself would have been something else entirely. A thick folder of Masumi's records were placed out on table where a picture taken of him and Yumiko were selected among the other pictures and papers. "Their relationship, sir?" Suishoku was confused of why he wanted to know but continued to stick with her honest answers than try to give leeway to false speculations. "Yumiko was always near Masumi. I believe she looked to Masumi-senapi as more than just a senior, given her actions were more toward his care and well being. If Masumi-senpai didn't want her to do those things for him, he would have let her down lightly. I have not heard much of Yumiko since the return to Edo but have seen her scarcely. The news must have devastated her and I didn't feel adequate to present her Masumi's fan just yet. I feared if I had given her the fan sooner, it would be callous on my part and it may have brought more despair. She is the closest person I have seen with Masumi that she would be the one to most appreciate a memento of his passing as a family member would."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 17 2017, 01:29 AM

Administrator

All three paused at Suishoku's words. One moment the air in the room felt extremely tense, as though Ajibana was a moment away from removing Suishoku's head. Slowly, however, the air suddenly felt less bloodthirsty. It had gone from feeling like fighting the Ikko monks all over again to feeling like she had actually been called to the headmaster's room for a converstaion. Ajibana's eyes seemed to become just slightly less aggressive as Headmaster Hosokawa and Mizuha-sensei looked at each other. It seemed both of them silently asked the other if they would prefer to talk first. Looking at each other for a moment Mizuha-sensei's face seemed to say that she had been picked to speak. As she looked at Ajibana the old metsuke seemed to not talk but gaze directly at mizuha-sensei with serious eyes. Mizuha moved forward and looked at Suishoku with soft eyes.
"What you just said. You said " The news must have devastated her and I didn't feel adequate to present her Masumi's fan just yet. I feared if I had given her the fan sooner, it would be callous on my part and it may have brought more despair." so by that, are you telling us that the reason you held on to Kajiwara Masumi's....er.....Hanbei's fan, was to give it as a gift to Tagami Yumiko?" she asked sweetly.

Ajibana's stance lowered a bit and his hand moved a bit away from his sword. Hosokawa's eyes clearly seemed to notice as his tension let up a bit as well. As headmaster of the academy it was clear he didn't want a student being executed, especially not an elite. Looking at the fan a bit headmaster Hosokawa sighed.
"I believe you." he said as he stood up and looked directly down at her.
"The problem is, we are talking about giving a verified relic to a normal student." Ajibana nodded.
"Even if the person can't active the relic, a relic is still a national treasure and a powerful weapon. If it was to get stolen from her, or she somehow lost or destroyed the relic, it would become a massive security issue for the government." the senior metsuke said bluntly.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 17 2017, 02:04 AM

Platinum Poster

Again her head nodded, slower this time as the tension started to alleviate, to make it clear that this was her intent from the start. "Besides sorting out his passing, I also didn't want to appear rude to Yumiko. At worse did I not want to give it to her and cause the girl to be so broken as to consider joining him." Yumiko was in full grief when the news of Masumi's death got to her. They were all separated and told to keep a vow of silence as the incident went under investigation and public censorship to prevent a mass panic so there was there was neither a time to console or mend emotional wounds. They bled openly and slowly clotted to varying degrees of a scar not yet closed. "If the fan were to go to someone, now that you have corrected my error that this is indeed a relic, I feel it would find itself in safer hands than in the ones who cared for him the most."

Suishoku's eyes lowered to her bag where it was hidden this whole time out of reluctance of presenting it to the headmaster just yet. This small act of defiance may be why Ajibana remained on edge with her as he spoke to her bluntly of the dangers that may happen. Hearing him say these words, Suishoku nodded once more as she replied to the senior. "That is true. Relics are important as treasures. Treasures belong in the most safest of hands which is why I believe Yumiko would treasure the fan not as Hanbei's but as Masumi's." She looked to the senior with full assurance behind her words that there could be no other person in all of Japan. "Yumiko has been at Masumi's side for the longest and treated him highly. I do not see her to ever once forsaken fan nor treat it any differently as she had treated Masumi before; always close by and attentively."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 18 2017, 10:30 AM

Administrator

As the three listened to Suishoku the Headmaster and Mizuha-sensei nodded, however Ajibana was quick to speak up.
"It is still a relic and powerful weapons of the government!" he protested. Though, as he did, a rare cunning smile crossed the face of the headmaster as he put up the file on Masumi.
"True. The fan is in fact a relic. Yet, I wonder, how many people actually know it is?" he said, the smile on his face getting wider like a fox about to bite out the throat of it's prey. It would have been only an instant but the headmaster winked at Suishoku as Mizuha-sensei's eyes went wide for a moment before settling back to normal.
"Ms. Yuubae was part of the elite team with Mr. Kajiwara and yet she herself didn't even know his fan was his relic." being a senior metsuke Ajibana understood what the two had in mind and instantly glared at Suishoku. The headmaster looked at him and nodded. It wasn't hard to understand why the glaring was happening. He and Ajibana had known each other for some time.

"Ms. Yuubae. If you would please delete the message of this meeting from your phone." the order sounded nice but the tone of the headmaster's voice made it clear it wasn't a request as Ajibana moved quietly to the headmaster's door, opening it quickly and looking around to find no one outside the door. Looking back at the headmaster he closed the door slowly, standing between Suishoku and leaving, while also making sure to listen carefully for anyone passing outside.
"Kajiwara Masumi was a genius, to say the least. However he almost never left his room, and even less often used his relic in front of others. Twice in the past, and only twice, we have made an exception for high level students to carry relics that they are not compatible with. We have done so, in order to make sure to guard relics." looked at Ajibana the senior metsuke still had a serious look on his face as the headmaster closed the blinds to his room and Ajibana locked the door. It was then that the headmaster flicked a switch under his desk. a few locking sounds could be heard coming from the door behind the Senior Metsuke Ajibana. The entire situation now had a very secretive feel to it.

"This is something I normally wouldn't share, however you are an elite student and should know. After the attack on the Shogun's life Edo Castle is in a state of worry and panic. As is common knowledge a massive vault of relics exists under Edo Castle. Currently a lot of worry exists that it may be a major target for attack." the headmaster told her as Ajibana quickly spoke up.
"HEADMASTER HOSOKAWA!" his protest was clear but the headmaster raised his hand to stop the senior metsuke.
"I can't tell you details about the vault. I apologize." he said, looking at the senior metsuke as though to ask if that was fine. As Ajibana relaxed a bit the Headmaster nodded.
"I think it would be best to keep a few relic, outside of Edo Castle for now. The fan is a relic, we can't keep it outside of the vault for that long no matter how much paperwork I fill out for you. However, as a method of helping Ms. Tagami's mental stability, we can allow her the fan for a limited amount of time. This comes with rules however. She needs to know what she has is not hers. She also needs to know it is a relic. Finally, you need to know what you are responsible for what happens to that relic. Should it go missing or stolen, I don't need to tell you the Shogun's reaction will be swift towards both Ms. Tagami Yumiko, and yourself. I strongly suggest you tell no one else that the fan is a relic, and that you instruct Ms. Tagami to do the same. Izuki Kai and the other elite students knowing would be fine. We will also instruct Mr. Izuki to guard the relic and Ms. Tagami. It is a very heavy burden, so I have to ask if you are sure you want to accept this responsibility." through all of his even Mizuha-sensei had a serious look on her face. One had to wonder just who was Mizuha-sensei to be allowed to know even this high level of information.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 19 2017, 03:18 AM

Platinum Poster

She flinched a little as Ajibana quickly reminded them all of how dangerous and government property the relic is. That is a fact no one can completely ignore but a calculating tone out of the headmaster had all eyes turned to him to find that sly smile on his face. The knowing wink he gave made it all the more clear as Suishoku realized what he is getting at. Masumi was always so reclusive that it made all the more sense on why she too wasn't aware of his relic. It wasn't so obvious at all due to his position as a tactician as well that the way he used the fan was like most other students who possess one. The war fan had been an iconic item for students who take on the Strategist track to take on in practice that his relic was hidden in plain sight. The headmaster's tone quickly shifted in a soft order and the girl reached to find her phone and take a moment to delete the message off of it as well.

The cell phone dropped back into her bag as the senior Metsuke took position to the door and her hands moved from her sides to holding the straps. Her first thought of the move was to prevent her from leaving as though the man continued to feel a grudge about the matter when Hosokawa spoke again in regards of Masumi-senpai. The sudden tip about two other students guarding relics before this had her curious as to what sort of harmful piece they are hiding rather than who these individuals were. The blinds went shut, darkening the room, and ominous clicks sounded around the room. Several clicks. Far more than a simple three could be heard till the room went very silent to a locked down state. Suishoku looked around a touched nervous at the raise in security measures to hold onto her school duffel bag for security. Again Hosokawa informed her more of things that may be why nothing in this room were to ever leave without a price.

"It's fine," she answered a bit too lightly to pass on that bit of knowing. Knowing where and what was within the vault may be why Ajibana was getting more on edge about this but she couldn't be certain if he was worried about the location or if there was a certain relic within that she shouldn't be permitted to know.

The topic went back to Yumiko and how it was possible for her to be in possession of the fan. Although it didn't sound very simple but it may be for the best. Yumiko would hold onto the fan for a measure of time and, assuming this would be the case, the fan would then be returned to the Edo vault. It's strange how these circumstances had her stepping into uncomfortable territory all for what she originally thought to be just a memento passing. This offer may just be as good of a compromise as she could get for Yumiko's behalf. Yumiko can find her peace and the fan can return to somewhere much safer. Yet, a question was needed to ask before accepting this measure. "How long would this allowed time be to grant this chance for Yumiko, Mr. Hosokawa, sir? I...accept these terms and understand that the fan will not be her in possession for long."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 09:57 PM

Administrator

The room was very serious as Suishoku looked at the headmaster.
"How long would this allowed time be to grant this chance for Yumiko, Mr. Hosokawa, sir? I...accept these terms and understand that the fan will not be her in possession for long." Hosokawa looked at Ajibana but the senior metsuke just shook his head a bit. The headmaster then looked at Mizuha-senseni who also had a very unsure look on her face. Finally the headmaster looked back at Suishoku.
"I'm afraid I don't know. The shogunate has a lot more pressing issues on it's table right now than Ms. Tagami's possession of a relic. As you know, the current running estimate is that only one person in every three generations is compatible with a relic. So I doubt the Shogunate will care for very long. The trust they have in our elite students is also extremely high." he said with a warm smile as he flicked the switch under his desk again and the room unlocked as Ms. Mizuha opened the blinds back up. Light suddenly returned to the room like a flood into the darkness.

"I would prefer she not act as though it is hers. However, I think right now Ms. Tagami needs that fan more than the Shogunate vault does. She needs time to recover and accept Masumi's passing. Given my experience with other students, I plan to ask the Shogunate to give her one year. She can have time to think about Kajiwara-san's passing, the Shogunate can hopefully clear up this issue of our Ikko friends, and I'm sure once that mess clears up they will take assessment of who and what relics and scions they have." he ended exhaling heavily, as though the entire situation frustrated him more than he would like to admit. Everyone was aware that come spring a war would occur between the Shogunate and the Ikko. It was just a matter of time before the two had to clash.
"For now, just try and help her as best you can. Even if she chooses to be alone, I believe she still needs others." Mizuha-sensei said sweetly to Suishoku.
"What will you do now Headmaster?" Ajibana asked impatiently from in front of the door.

Hosokawa quickly put away the files and pictures he had about Masumi and Yumiko. Then looked at Suishoku's backpack as though he knew the fan's location.
"I will write a letter stating that for now, due to safety concerns, the fan will be kept under the supervision of Edo Bugei's elite students. Ms. Yuubae, unless you have further questions you are excused." with a humph Ajibana left the room while Mizuha-sensei stayed standing next to the headmaster.
"I would give him a bit of time to leave before you on your way out." the headmaster suggested.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 05:17 PM

Platinum Poster

This news had her on her toes now. There wasn't an immediate return date? The war would be an issue of course but for all the seriousness about the relic in general was it strange that the issue went straight to a sort of lesser-higher priority. Neither of the adults had a clue which started a worry that she'll have to keep tabs on Yumiko far more often than usual. Not that she had a real reason to dislike Yumiko in the first place but it would have to be approached in a way so Yumiko doesn't think she has stalkers.

On that note and the headmaster's clarifications about the coming spring, Suishoku had to think a bit deeper on what she had agreed to. If something were to happen to that fan, she'll have to answer for it. Izuki-senpai would be a founded as the perfect guardian which brings to question what was her own role in this? Without much more information did Suishoku thought of this as a scapegoat of sorts to allow this to happen.

Ajibana made a move to head out of the room first. Her ears strained to pick up any footsteps afterwards but the headmaster spoke up with his suggestion of not leaving too quickly. "Yes. Pacing." Her words spoke of timed exits and entrances. Her paranoid feelings had her mind think more defensively when it comes to these troubling situations. There wasn't a real rush to leave the room or else she'd very likely run straight into Ajibana in his already fowl mood. It's best to leave the elder be to what he plans to do, be it guarding the door on the outside or making a hallway sweep.

"I would like to listen clearly about what I had agreed to." Her head turned to Mizuha-sensei then to Hosokawa. The look in the man's eye already spotted where she kept the fan but she doubted there would be a move to try 'asking' for the relic again. "You asked me to take responsibility if something were to happen to the two of them," Suishoku began with keeping Yumiko and the relic on the same level of importance. "Yet one is already assigned as a precaution once they recover. The man he dueled was powerful that in the case of someone occupying him, what of her? Where...else do I fit in this? I feel like there should be other things involved besides befriending and keeping her safe." Her questions were extra cautious of the uncertain future and how it would play out in this. If anything, it sounded like an assumption that she took would be a pseudo civilian guard to make sure Yumiko is okay and the relic is still safe but with less paperwork involved.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 10:25 PM

Administrator

As Suishoku looked at the teachers she asked what precisely she had signed up for. Headmaster Hosokawa looked towards Mezuha-sensei to explain. The elder teacher smiled warmly at Suishoku.
"Right now, Tagami-san is going through a very rough time. Obviously as an elite student you have a lot to do, and we don't expect you to take Kajiwara Masumi's place in her life, or check on her every day. From time to time, however, if you could check in on her we feel it would help her a lot." the elder teacher explained, her words clearly thinking about the students. Everyone know that of all the teachers, she was the grandmother figure of the academy. As she smiled Headmaster Hosokawa responded to Suishoku's question. The girl was clearly concerned about what would happen to herself or Yumiko.

"What you have agreed to it guarding the relic Tagami Yumiko will soon carry. However, you are not the only one to shoulder this burden. I am signing the papers to allow our school to hold onto the fan. Myself, Izuki Kai, Tagami Yumiko, yourself, the entire school is responsible for each and every relic within our halls." and with that moved his arm as though to motion to everything around them.
"We have talked about Tagami Yumiko in specific, but that is because she seemed in the most dire situation. So please do your best to check on her from time to time." the air seemed extremely light in the room, in spite of Suishoku's serious question. The teachers tried to make it clear that the entire world wasn't on Suishoku shoulders.
"What we had to stress in relation to Tagami-san and the relic was mostly so you understood the seriousness of the situation, but truth be told it was also partially for Ajibana-san's presence. If we didn't stress the importance of the issue I doubt he would have accepted it nearly as well as he did." and with that the headmaster took out a long pipe from his desk and lit the tip of it. As though to show that even he himself was acting more casual.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 04:16 AM

Platinum Poster

The fact that she was less appointed to a sort of bodyguard to Yumiko was a relief to Suishoku. The relic itself is important but she wasn't sure she would be up to shadowing Yumiko around a lot on a huge responsibility measure. Her shoulders relaxed and the girl closed her eyes from this relief. Although, she did give her word on that in front of Ajibana-san so there wasn't a complete walk away from this. Mizuha-sensei's take of it was made far more simple; just make sure Yumiko's okay. A very simple and natural course of action anyone could adopt. Yumiko certainly wasn't okay and needed to be seen to last she recalled so it was about time Suishoku took some planning to go meet with her about all this.

"That helps a lot," she spoke to the unofficial parental figures of the school. The level of casual adopted by the principal with his pipe had Suishoku raising a brow at him. Her face asked, 'Is it okay to smoke here during school?' but Ajibana did lay a thick level of stress in the room. The act reminded her that maybe she too should do something relaxing to let all this sink in. "And thanks for allowing Yumiko to hold onto it for a bit." Feeling safe enough to smile a little at the present situation, Suishoku bowed deeply to her respected elders. Without them being here at all, Suishoku could have been arrested already without notice if not the worse case of things. Maintaining the bow, her head raised a little as if to peek back at the door in wonder if Ajibana was behind there this whole time or not. That man was very serious to uphold the order that it was a tempting fate kind of thought to find the man on the other side or not.

With her final concerning question about was to happen, Suishoku stood upright and went to face her first trial upon exiting the room. To either come face to face with an eavesdropping Ajibana or leave on her small hunt to find where in the world could Yumiko be hiding. The door was opened hesitantly with eyes peering past the cracks.

[exit tread]

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 12:13 AM

Administrator

As Suishoku looked out she wouldn't see Ajibana. The senior metsuke was far too busy to stick around long after a meeting and for a man of his advanced age moved surprisingly well. Once the girl had left Mezuha-sensei went to the door. Making sure it was closed she said
"Do you really think this is a good idea?" as she asked her voice seemed very concerned. In spite of how calm and gentle she had been in front of Suishoku and Ajibana, the senior teacher now had an extremely concerned look upon her face. Taking a long drag on his pipe the headmaster blew the smoke out slowly before putting out the pipe completely. After all he had mostly lit it to help Suishoku calm down.

"I really can't say. We know they will attack Edo Castle. I'm sure they will attack Edo Bugei as well. It won't matter if someone is a scion, a normal student, a samurai, or otherwise. In the vault, In Tagami Yumiko's hands, the relic is in danger simply by being in Edo right now. We all are." Mezuha-sensei gave a small bow to the headmaster and left. With no one else around Hosokawa sighed and rested his head on his hands. It was something he never did in public. After all, as leader of the school and one of the top ranking Shogunate samurai he could never allow himself to show such weakness. In, and out. In, and out. He steadied his breathing as someone in his pocket began glowing light blue. The entire office seemed different somehow. In front of the headmaster's desk various magical circles with all kinds of kanji appeared, slowly turning in front of him as he reviewed them before they vanished again.

"I really do like this re-built office. It would be a shame if it got destroyed and I had to jump out, again." and with that his mind went back to how he had to destroy a wall and jump from his own office just to survive the earthquake last year.
"What unlucky students we have."

~Thread End~

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY