Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Pretty in Purple, Open
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 09:31 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

She had just about got control of herself again when he came at her. She moved to block and throw a strike of her own but the guy managed to surprise her again. She had expected more weird strikes, mostly to her neck, so she blocked high. What she hadn't expected was to be grabbed again. Then it was ass over teakettle onto the hard ground again. Her head thwacked against the ground which both made an unpleasant sound and annoyed her.

She was raising her head when the strike came in, sending her head back into the ground with another cracking sound. Three headshots and it just sent a flash through her brain each time. She grit her teeth together and started to rise before getting hit again. That was the last straw. "Stop it, damn, I give." She rolled over and pushed herself to her hands and knees. "Stop knocking my head into things." She leaned up and rubbed the back of her head. A significant amount of dust fell away and she pulled out the hair comb with a wince. "Like getting hit in the head with a rock."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 01:44 PM

Story Teller

Member No.: 28

Ash heard the surrender and immediately stopped and backed up. His knuckles were bleeding and possibly broken at this point, looking swollen and with blood dripping off of them. He gripped the palm of his hand and massaged it with a pained look on his face. He smiled through the pain as much as he could, "You ok? You wanted to fight hard, so I fought hard..."

Maybe a bit too hard, Ash had to make a point to go to the medical area to get patched up and x-rayed to make sure he didn't just ruin his career as a fighter. He would turn his attention back to Bu to ensure she was still ok. She seemed like she was invincible but every scion has a weakness and he hoped he didn't accidentally find hers. All he could think about was the admission council telling him not to fight like this with students, he couldn't shake the thought that he was being stupid by fighting harder than normal.

"I did not hurt you, please?" he was flustered and couldn't quite articulate what he was trying to say, but he hoped he got his point across to Bu.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 08:03 PM

Story Teller

Bu spat off to the side and grinned. She wasn't looking much worse than when she had started, admittedly she had started looking rather bruised and beaten from her fights without the artifact. "Yeah, I feel pretty good. You fight nice for a foreign type." She'd done it, she might have lost but she fought the whole thing without relying on the stone protection of her artifact. That was pretty much like a win and he'd shown her one of the flaws in her toughness. Bu really couldn't help but smile at the guy.

"Course you hurt me, pretty good too. Been a long time since somebody managed that without a weapon or with my artifact active." She held her head back and shook it to slightly untangle her hair, which she then drew up into a ponytail and pinned in place by wrapping the comb up in it. "We'll have to fight again sometime once I figure out how to handle being strangled. Guys always seem to do that to me." She rubbed at her neck. That and the whole flashing lights when she hit her head. Maybe a helmet but armor on top of armor felt like cheating. Oh well, nothing wrong with cheating sometimes.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 11:21 AM

Story Teller

Member No.: 28

Ash bowed to Bu politely. "I apologize for damage I caused, though glad I was able to help you develop your fighting style more." Ash was not happy with beating a person into submission with such crude tactics, and would have to develop himself to be more fluid in his attacks.

"I also wish to fight you again when I have trained more." He smiled warmly, which was odd to see since his hand was almost undoubtedly broken from the multiple impacts against what he could only describe as concrete. The temple should be a soft squishy part of the head, yet hers was just as hard as the rest of her defensive oriented body.

"I must go for doctor attention. You should come too maybe?" Ash would walk to the locker that contained his upper body clothing and would haphazardly throw it on, getting a small bit of blood from his hand on it. And with that he would make his way out of the area to the medical wing.

~Exit Ash~

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:02 PM

Story Teller

Bu waved off the bow, less than politely but without any real disrespect or malice behind it. She'd had a lot of fun but she wasn't into the whole honorable combat thing. As previously displayed by the dirty tactics she'd employed to escape the grapple.

"You did good, feel free to come at me again anytime." And she meant it. A guy like this, somebody who could do some damage even with her artifact active was a welcome change. Painful as it may be, that sore feeling she felt even now was great. She just grinned and shook her head at the invite. "Nah, Ah'm just bruised up. Ah'm gonna hit the showers and maybe the baths for a some relaxation."

That would allow for her to really loosen up the muscles that might otherwise tense up after such a strenuous work out. After all, Ash wasn't the first person she'd fought today, only the first she'd fought with her artifact, and likely the first she'd really felt was on even ground. "Good luck." She called out to the retreating figure.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel