Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

You Have Zero Mutual Friends (open!)
Suzu
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 07:11 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Awards: None

Overall the talk had shifted to something more resembling casual banter between fellow students. Perhaps even acquaintances - friendship was probably pushing it a bit considering they'd just met. It was intriguing for Shinsuke to hear them speak so confidently about the fluidity of their identity. Such things weren't typically seen as acceptable in society, so it was odder still that someone would be so open about it. Refreshingly odd but still odd all the same at its roots.

Now the question was whether this person was someone who could be trusted with the secret of Shinsuke's own duality. There was certainly something about Ripley that seemed as if they'd be trustworthy. On the other hand something might slip.. and someone might overhear Shinsuke talking about it himself. Which could be all kinds of difficult that he didn't really desire to deal with himself. Best to keep the topics of conversation focused on Ripley instead. It was hard to remain in full diplomatic mode when he had an opportunity to talk about his secrets with someone who'd understand. Better to be safe than sorry though.

"It's good that both your family and the teachers have been supportive, or at least not displeased by your duality of uniforms. I am also curious.. how early did you realize that you didn't fit into either boy or girl?" he asked, just as his phone dinged with a message alert. Looking apologetically at Ripley he said, "Hold on a second, I should check this.."

With that he unlocked the phone and tapped the message app to see who it was. Given the close proximity to Ripley though it was entirely possible that the phone's wallpaper would attract notice. Shinsuke had changed it to an image of his sister and himself together during their outing a few days before. It looked for all the world like two girls though, since Shinsuke had been in Mikoto mode with his hair down and in girls' clothing. The message itself turned out to be nothing more than a spam message, hardly the message from his sister that he'd been expecting. Once he swiped out of the messaging app he stared down at the phone, saw the picture and blushed deeply.

"Rats.." he muttered, just barely managing to get himself to look over at Ripley, "So.. um.. I didn't mean for anyone to see this, but.. eh... what do you think?"

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 12:22 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

Shinsuke got it. He was sympathetic to Ripley's situation and understood kind of how big a deal it was that Ripley's family was so supportive of them. Life would be hell if the one group of people they were stuck with forever didn't think that genderfluidity was possible or even tried to convince them that they weren't who they are. Shinsuke also had a question regarding when Ripley realised how they felt about themselves. “Not an easy answer for that one,” they said, crossing their arms. “I’ve known forever that something felt fishy but I couldn't have said what that fish was til, like, five years ago? A bit less? Whatever, you get the idea.”

Shinsuke's phone buzzed: apparently it was something important. Ripley raised a hand. “Go ahead.”

If asked, Ripley would, of course, have given a virtue speech about how important it was to respect others privacy, not eavesdrop, etc etc. But Ripley was very close to Shinsuke, his phone was in full view, and they were absentmindedly curious as to what message could be so important. It looked like rubbish to Ripley, and it must have been, as Shinsuke was quick to exit the message, revealing a surprising photo on the wallpaper of what appeared to be two girls. One of them Ripley didn't recognise but the other looked very familiar.

Ripley looked up from the phone to Shinsuke and back again. It was the same face, though Shinsuke's had turned bright red in real life and that was enough to confirm without doubt that one of those girls in the picture was Shinsuke. And though he clearly hadn't meant to reveal the picture, he seemed open enough to it now that it had happened, even sheepishly asking for Ripley's opinion. And honestly, Ripley couldn't believe this. They were right all along! Even if Shinsuke was just into crossdressing or something rather than it being an issue rooted in gender, that was still cooler than nothing. Yet all those questions about how Ripley felt…

Ripley wanted to whoop, to cheer and even offer Shinsuke a hug in joy. They kept that in check, however, and looked back up at Shinsuke with one eyebrow raised and a playful smile. “I think you got something to tell me, ey, Shinsuke?” Ripley chuckled. “Suits you though.”

--------------------
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 07:47 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

The cat wasn't so much out of the bag as it had burst free of the bag. All of the carefully worded statements about his identity and how it related to what Ripley was experiencing was gone. All just because he'd neglected to change the image on his phone. There was no use trying to deny it with someone as observant as Ripley, and besides he'd already decided to take this in a new direction. Thankfully there wasn't too big of a scene about the reveal, otherwise he probably would've panicked. Seeing just the smile and modest surprise from Ripley was encouraging enough to Shinsuke to keep him grounded in the moment.

"I suppose I do.. it's kind of messy and confusing, so I'm not even sure where to begin," he replied with the blush having increased in his cheeks. Where did you start with something like this? The beginning was simply too far back to really touch on if he didn't want to waste the other student's time. Perhaps something a bit more succinct about himself and why he sometimes adopted this other look.

He nervously tugged on a strand of his hair while he attempted to explain, albeit quietly, "So what you see in the picture is a girl I call Mikoto. She's sort of.. a different part that comes out sometimes. She has friends of her own here at school who don't know about Shinuske and vice versa. Only my sister and another friend knew about both until this."

Shinsuke looked right into Ripley's eyes and asked, "I can trust you to keep this under wraps, right? It's really hard to explain to people and I don't know what my dad would say.."

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute Sidereal Gardens The Gaea Chronicles AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Kids in America Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK