Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Expanding Territory
Kitsu
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 10:59 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Awards: None

Only a day or two after King, the Yakuza lord of East Edo, had perished by Kitsu's hand. He had already brought some of his scouts to the area to spread out and establish their presence in this new part of the city. He enjoyed his position so far, but he had been told by many of his associates that his dressings are out of style. His kimono was reminiscent of days gone by, and though irritated by being told such, he couldn't help thinking about it as he walked the street, and even as he passed the still smoking remnants of the building that King met his end behind he couldn't think of anything else.

One of the shops in this area was a store that catered to the more wealthy side of the city. Suits, ties, fancy dresses, and expensive silk button up shirts were the big sellers in this store, though they also sold regular clothing as well. He opened the front door and was greeted brightly by a few employees who stopped and bowed to him as they do for every customer who enters the store. He began to look around and was addressed a few moments later by someone who had a tailor's tape measure slung around their arm, as well as several pins stuck in their mouth. They asked very excitedly if he would like to be measured for a fine suit. He looked a bit sheepish before reluctantly agreeing and he was whirled around to a dressing room where phrases like "Don't touch me there!" and "HANDS OFF MY GUN" could be heard coming from behind the curtain.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 11:17 AM

Story Teller

Member No.: 81

Okay, so...it was like this: Most of her belongings had been ruined back in the earthquake, and she'd been in a coma from then until recently, so her recovery from events was noticeably delayed. It was annoying, but what could you do? At least she still had money from the retainership. Actually, she probably had more coming, since she was probably going to join the Maeda Clan. For now, though, she'd had work to take care of.

Today's mission: Clothing. Bags of it hanging off of the end of her relic, the cloth-covered Bishamonte-style spear. They were all normal clothes. She needed something formal, though, and she knew a place down the street that could handle it, no problem. Right now, her mind was sort of on auto-pilot, heading for the place while playing an addictive game on her phone. So, she wasn't paying the fullness of attention when walking into the place and-

"HANDS OFF MY GUN!"

Now, normally...a person might be confused first. But since her life had taken a serious twist that had gone earthquake, coma, frustrating recovery time, and WAR...you could understand if, perhaps, she jumped the gun. No, not that gun. The proverbial one. Phone was dropped and bags went flying in the shop as the cloth was undone and the girl marched over to the changing room with Yari in hand. Previously, she'd been in a decent mood. This represented a very quick jump to violence. She took a stance with the weapon, ignoring anyone around who might be witness to this, and shouted.

"Come on out of there, you store-robbing bastard!"

Hoo boy... This wasn't going to end well.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 08:57 AM

Story Teller

"Come on out of there, you store-robbing bastard!"

The curtain opened in a dramatic way and a dazed Kitsu stepped out. His normal attire of red kimono with flowers and silk holster for his gun was replaced with what some people would call tacky. A pair of freshly shined dress shoes now covered his feet. A pair of white, pressed dress pants hugged his legs in the right places, custom fitted it seemed. A shiny blue silk undershirt with a white tux style jacket on his torso showed an air of smoothness. A white tie completed the jacket. And sitting on his head was a white fedora with a black stripe around the rim of it. He looked like a high profile criminal type. Perhaps someone who was emulating the great gangsters of New York. And to finish the outfit, a new holster made of durable materials, designed to allow for quick and reliable drawing of his Tanegashima pistol.

He composed himself after the rapid clothing change, wondering in the back of his head if the person in charge of this establishment was some sort of scion that had clothing manipulation abilities. He pushed this thought out of his mind and realized someone called him a common criminal. "My dear girl," Kitsu didn't bother addressing the weapon pointed at him, "Do you know who I am? I wouldn't rob the very stores and businesses I'm obligated to protect, how dare you make such assumptions at me." With that he turned his back on the girl and take out several large bills from his wallet, and placed it on the counter.

"As the protector of this area, I would also advise you to put your weapon away." The shopkeeper appeared again, and was more or less nonchalant at the potential fight that may happen in his store. He had with him a black dress belt with Kitsu's battered Katana on it. The red haired gang leader took it politely and threaded it through the belt loops on his new suit and tightened it as much as it would go, and then turned back to look at the girl again, waiting to see what she would do.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 09:45 AM

Story Teller

Well, it seemed to her like the boy who emerged was more flustered by his clothes, than his opponent. Still, this didn't look right. He looked like something out of an old gangster movie. Massacre Gun came to mind. Just what was it about Yakuza members waltzing around in their shiny clean suits when their hands were as dirty as can be? Guilty conscience? Who knows? This one's lack of concern, though... Yeah, that bothered her.

She didn't like smug self-confidence.

It was the kind of thing she use to ignore, but lately she couldn't find herself willing to tolerate such people. Somehow, she didn't have the patience in her life to let things slide so easily with people who wouldn't give an ounce of thought to their actions. Yeah, the irony here wasn't lost on her, but he was the one that was out of place here. He would probably be able to tell that his rather-condescending attempts to intimidate her were falling on deaf ears.

"Oh yeah, sure, I believe you. Oh wait, no, I don't. What kind of 'protection' are you offering? Protection from 'accidents'? Maybe your gun'll go off on its own if they don't pay up?"

Apart from his look and the way that he acted, there WAS also that gun. Don't you know? Japan has some strict gun laws, and he didn't look like a cop. Besides, who protects with a gun? No, she wasn't wavering here. Not an inch.

"You'll have to do better than half-assed explanations and veiled threats. Alot better."

What IS it with nice girls in glasses going ape-shit on people? It was like they were all taking Hyde Formula or something! So, what was it gonna be, fella? Give in, or fight in your nice new suit? Either path was likely to lead to a bad place, though.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 09:37 AM

Story Teller

Kitsu was slightly offended. "I don't have to threaten or kill innocent civilians. They pay me for protection and insurance, and I actually deliver. I drove out other gangs that never delivered on their promise of protection." He used a more illicit gambling den to collect money to pay for lost money or damages to companies in the area due to theft or disaster, and was otherwise legitimately on the up and up about his protections.

He turned and drew his pistol, flipping it skillfully in his hand for a moment before pulling the hammer back and pointing it directly at this oddly aggressive person, the hammer making an audible click that seemed to echo through the now quiet shop. "Only one other person has stared down my three barrels and lived. And even they got thrown off of a 3 story building before I was done with them."

He would remain silent for a moment and simply kept his cold gaze on this girl.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 02:28 PM

Story Teller

Nothing he was saying was making it sounding any less like some kind of Yakuza scam. It sounded everything like he'd pushed out a bunch of gangs so that he could control the area with his own gang, making any demand that he wants, without any opposition. To her, that was anything but right. He might somehow think that was right, but they also had the option of leaving people the hell alone. Bet none of 'em thought of that one, huh? If this guy could, just for one moment, see what he looked like...he wouldn't trust him either. He's a guy in a snazzy suit with a 'holier than thou' attitude, holding a gun and going on about gangs and how only one person has ever survived his...rather outlandish gun. Okay, she had to admit, that weapon looked kind of strange. So was hers, in a way, but it was a little more...traditional.

She didn't really delay in her actions, either. His behavior was designed to intimidate. He might've been ready to fire that weapon, but she was ready to bring the fire! Without warning, the end of her Yari became very hot and, in fact, had a flame dancing upon it! Rather than do anything particularly extravagant with her special move, though, she simply thrust it at the gun hand to get said hand to burn and give off the involuntary reaction of dropping the gun as he whipped the hand away. This technically constituted a use of her ability, so it would soon fade, but she would also separate the Yari into two equally halves of the whole weapon - two pole-arms with half the entire blade at the ends - and quickly pointed one half at the guy's neck.

"Make it two. I've still got shopping to do."

Wait! A customer?! How would the staff react to this?

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 08:23 AM

Story Teller

Kitsu quickly let go of his gun, and saw red. He grabbed his gun as it fell in his off-hand and aimed the best he could and fired. The shock-wave of the gun going off would wrack his opponent's body with it's sheer power. The three bullets missed and hit the wall of the shop, putting a nicely sized hole in it, and the recoil made Kitsu twist in an odd way to compensate. He ended up knelt on the floor in a good position for a melee attack.

He activated his Ogre's powerstrike and instead of punching or striking, he reached out and attempted to grab Shiyo's wrist and, if successful, with the ease of a God, or in this case possibly a demon, he would throw her out of the doorway and into the street. He checked his hand and noticed a small burn, and as he walked out of the door to follow her, he would quickly reload his gun manually and pull the hammer back. He would sheath his gun and pull out his sword, the ragged edge showing signs of stress fractures and uneven sharpening along it's edge.

OOC: Takin it to the streets~ If it's a little much tell me and I'll figure something else out :3

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 11:18 AM

Story Teller

Getting some jerk to drop his gun wasn't a problem. Getting him to keep it dropped apparently was, though. In a surprise move, he kind of ducked her blade and re-grabbed the fallen tool of destruction. She dodged from the business end of the thing by instinct, and then...shocking recoil! Not just for him, but her! Why did the gun feel like dynamite going off nearby? Was it a Relic? More unexpectedly was the guy grabbing her by the wrist and tossing her outside! It was just sort of a 'Huh?' and 'Whoa!' kind of thing. She was launched outside, hit someone who'd immediately come to see what the hell was going on, backflipped, and skidded to a halt in the street.

Definitely a Scion here. That's great. The school's teaching criminals too.

People were definitely taking notice as the initial onlooker picked himself up and got out of dodge. She saw him moving to follow and pushed her bangs out of her face, then made an audible twirl of her weapons - the swooshing sound immediately getting people's attention - and spoke up above the clamor.

"Everyone get out of the way. This might get a little messy."

At 'messy', the spinning stopped in both hands, her eyes narrowing at him. It looked like he was going to fight with some weathered katana instead of the gun. The gun was the Relic, and it'd been the one to produce the hole he was stepping through. Some protector... Here she was, trying to disarm him and not set everything on fire, and he goes and blows a hole through the storefront! That was some pretty crazy firepower. Definitely can't let him go free.

FIGHT!

Her initial move right off was a quick and cunning little strategy. He'd holstered his gun. Not a wise move. Anything his hand wasn't on was not in his proper control as a weapon, and if she could get that Relic away from him, his status would drop from lethal to merely formidable. So saying, she quickly closed some of the gap between them and acted. One spear was going for that katana, a swift attempt at a parry-and-lock between the main blade and the crescent blade of her Bunkatsu Kami Yari. Her weapon was practically made for this. The other half in her other hand was moving to slice the gun sheath - and therefore the gun itself - from his person, to knock it away and basically out of the fight. Of course, if she got it wrong...she could end up setting off the weapon by mistake.

Well, that's just his tough luck, isn't it? He shouldn't be playing with fire!

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 12:12 PM

Story Teller

Kitsu would watch as the initial blow came in. A simple attack, but he tried to keep his mind on the fact that his opponent wielded two weapons. He greeted the initial attack by striking his opponents weapon as hard as he could in a sort of parry of his own. His goal was to use his well toned and strengthened muscles to either knock his opponent off balance or disarm the weapon. The red-headed gang leader wasn't known for his finesse, but more his brute force and destruction.

His opponent struck towards his gun, and grazed the edge of it just enough to damage the holster. "I wasn't going to use this gun, but if you keep trying to get it away from me, I'll show you it's real power." He switched his sword to his off-hand and drew his pistol. "ALL I WANTED WAS TO BUY CLOTHES!" He aimed his pistol at Shiyo's right shoulder and fired. He wanted to make a point without killing his opponent. The academy already frowned upon his head collecting of the Yakuza boss King who used to own this area, they would especially frown upon this as well.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 03:33 PM

Story Teller

So, he was striking down at her attack, eh? Well, he could try and force it out of her hand, but as she stuck the back end of it into the ground, it just wasn't going anywhere. It was like bringing pressure down on the support beam of a house for doing that. And it didn't matter if she made no great headway with the sword, since she was after the gun, but she'd kind of failed to knock it away. And there he was drawing it. Ah hell... Wait, all this bullshit was about HIM shopping?!

"THAT'S MY LINE!!"

Her Yari went up and knocked his arm up as the gun was to be fired. BLAM! Well, if it happened before, it was going to happen again, right? That thing had some kind of big freakin' recoil and blast shockwave going for it, so both of them would be propelled by it again, though on this instance, the girl herself was vaulted back by the butt-end of her Yari-halves and pretty much thrown back on her feet, albeit with a headache and a ring in her ears. That did nothing for her disposition at all. She glared daggers at him.

"You want power, fella?! I'VE GOT YOUR POWER RIGHT HERE!!"

FWOOSH! Over three feet of flame shot from the ends of each blade of the Yari halves, and they were much more on fire than the thing had been before! He shouldn't have let her out of the store... The girl now shot forward to close the gap again, but she suddenly moved into a slide with one leg extended forward and one leg bent in back as she swept the first Yari at his feet. Maybe one of HER explosions will knock HIM off-balance, for once! The second half came swinging when she used the other leg to spring back up and forwards, regardless of whether or not the first half worked or not. He wasn't getting away from her...

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 08:56 AM

Story Teller

While his opponent was moved back, Kitsu activated his auto reload ability. Not waiting for another charge from his opponent, he quickly aimed and prepared to fire. Nearby, some of his scouts had heard his gunfire and quickly made their way over to see what the trouble was. They showed up to broken glass and a large hole in the wall of one of the shops they have a contract with, as well as a fight between their boss and an unknown person. One of them slid a phone from their pocket and hit a number to dial, briefly spoke with someone, and hung up before going to talk to the shop owner about the damage and money.

This seemed almost normal to the two who had appeared, and Shiyo could see that they wore specific emblems of the Iga clan. One of them yelled over. "Boss, last stop that needs fixin' up is the hospital down the road, you want I should tell them you'll be late?" Kitsu looked over for a split second which gave his opponent an opening. He soon found himself flat on the ground, and giving an evil look at the person who was talking about fixing the hospital. "Unless the Miss Metsuke-wanna-be here executes me for buying clothing, I should arrive on time." He groaned a bit as the pain of hitting his tailbone on the ground crept up his spine. "Look, little misses," he addressed Shiyo, "If you don't mind I'm in a bit of a rush to deliver some money, so either kill me or move." He started to stand up even as he said this, stretching his back and legs, muttering something about ice and how he's going to hurt for a while from that fall.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 10:09 AM

Story Teller

Success! She threw him right off of his feet! Now, she had him at his mercy, and he...huh? There were some people nearby referring to the fancy-pants criminal as 'Boss' just now, interrupting the fight just the first half of her attack had gone off. This was...unexpected. They mentioned the local hospital. This was Eastern District, so the local hospital was... The girl did not follow-through, just yet. She ignored the young man's jeer, because she remembered that the hospital in this area was likely the one that the mother of a friend worked at.

I wonder if he's even still around... I should give him a call, sometime.

Then, she noticed the scouts all had clan emblems, which was a surprise. It looked like they were from...the Iga Clan? She had no idea how the Maeda and the Iga were behaving, these days, so she had no way to know if this would be looked upon favorably. As far as she could tell, this boy was engaged in some illegal activity, and while the Relic certainly threw her, she thought he was just a nobody with some desire to be looked upon as important. The clan symbol meant that he was, at least, sponsored.

The girl had seemed to calm down, but not out of fear for some concequence or because anything he had said mattered to her. Half of her attack was still shooting flames upward, fortunately harming nothing. The first time she'd used it, uhh...let's just say she needed to liberally make use of a fire extinguisher, afterwards. Nothing so harmfully done, this time, though. She let it expire as she put the two halves of her weapon back together, straightening out her hair and leaning a bit on the Yari, its shaft resting against the street pavement.

"My name is Makoto Shiyo, of the Maeda Clan. I wasn't trying to kill you, maybe not until you were trying to shoot me. And the reason for that is because you were acting like some kind of Yakuza thug. I think you owe me an explanation..."

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 10:23 AM

Story Teller

Kitsu holstered his firearm and shot a glare at the girl. "I'm Kitsu. Head of the Iga Revival, and responsible for pushing the Yakuza OUT of this area. We took over payments from the shops and businesses from around this area, but unlike the Yakuza lord who was here, we intend to keep a watch around this area and reimburse businesses for their losses when we don't fulfill our end of the bargain." He turned to the shop owner who was looking at the young gang leader expectantly.

Kitsu bowed very deeply before giving him some contact information. Their quiet exchange would last a few moments where the words 'construction' and 'fully responsible for damages' could be heard, before Kitsu pulled out his wallet again and handed the shop owner several large bills again. He bowed again and said, "If this does not cover the damages done by our quarrel, please contact me and we will cover it." He then looked over to the girl. "I think you owe this kind shop-keep an apology for the trouble we caused him."

He would wait to see if this happened, before sighing. He placed his wallet into his pocket and began to walk away. "I've been called a criminal," He picked up his hat off the ground that had fallen due to the battle. He dusted it off and placed it onto his head with a bit of finesse, "But I have more honor than the other gangs in this area. The Iga clan will rise once more from the ashes of days gone by."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 12:04 PM

Story Teller

Well, at least he was doing her the service of explaining who the hell he was, now that she'd introduced herself. You'd think that a guy who starts off with 'Do you know who I am?' would actually give that one out for free and clear up this whole mess from the start. But no... He had to go shooting his mouth off, followed shortly thereafter by his gun. Why do people have to be this way? Right now, Makoto was just trying to keep herself calm about this as apparently Kitsu was indeed reimbursing the guy for the trouble caused. And then, he suggested that she apologize, as well. Makoto sighed, somewhat annoyed because she wasn't even the cause of this. Stepping forward, she bowed to shopkeeper in question.

"I apolgize for the disturbance. I'd still like to do business here, if that's alright."

Though really, the only thing she was sorry for was not being able to diarm him quick enough to prevent this catastrophe, and that he was too pig-headed to diffuse a situation before it starts. The shopkeeper himself didn't do anything to stop this either. Well, maybe kinda-sorta, if you count supplying Kitsu with a sword that wasn't going to blow a hole in the shop. Perhaps because damages would be reimbursed, he didn't have to, but it really wasn't right to stand silently by like that, either. This was irritating... Makoto could feel that vein in her head throbbing again as she stepped back towards Kitsu, who spoke up now.

"If you'd been open about this, it never would've happened. You're too use to strutting around and intimidating people."

Now uhh...she had a bunch of stuff to pick up here.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 12:50 PM

Story Teller

Kitsu's eyebrow twitched. "I'm sorry, have you been under a rock? As a scion of the local academy I'm allowed to carry my weapons whenever I like, and no matter what I wear!" The way he was angrily motioning and waving his arms didn't convey anger as much as comical exasperation at the situation. "Besides, how am I supposed to react when you barge in here with a weapon pointed at me?" He put on a grumpy face and folded his arms.

He strolled with his arms folded back into the store to retrieve his other clothing that he had come in with, complete with all the Iga clan symbols that adorned it. He then strolled out with the same attitude as when he went in. He addressed his scout briefly about the damages at the hospital before just sternly saying 'pay them.' The two scouts then disappeared.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere