Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Following My Cat., (Open)
Moby Dick
 Posted: May 14 2018, 04:51 AM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

So, it went like this: Sometimes, you wonder where it is your cat goes when it leaves for the day, especially when it thinks you're not looking. Cats are independent creatures, like humans, only with far less shame. When you think about it, it has to be like that. They walk around naked, wash themselves in public, and don't really care whose property they wander into. It's how they roll and they just don't give a damn.

Today's little venture features two figures heading down the street. The first is kind of a grey tabby with a compact body, legs and tail that seem short for the body-size involved. He's moving along quite a number of feet ahead of one Makoto Shiyo, owner and operator of said cat. She is a physically-fit short-haired brunette with glasses who - sadly - feels compelled to cover the scars she obtained in an earthquake with long sleeves and socks with her hiking boots. Those boots were getting their use today, though.

You see, this all started with her little brother, Kenji, having a look at their departing cat and wondering where he goes...which he couldn't follow because the cat, Shorty, kept going into other people's properties. You see? No shame or regard for other people's boundaries. Kenji couldn't follow. He was just a kid, AND he was polite. Makoto was generally polite too, but she was also a Scion with decent physical training. She could follow.

And that's what she was doing now, just following her cat and seeing where he goes.

--------------------
PM
^
Snugglyrum
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 02:29 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 182

Yemon was singing, then again he was always singing. It was more just a lack of care or preoccupation coupled with being the new guy. A security blanket for a soul that was born in the wrong place, and was now so far out of his element that he had no idea what to do or how to do it. Unlike other students, Yemon looked perpetually lost. He also looked so far between guy and girl that he could be mistaken for either most days of the week. Luckily, he wore the male school uniform. Though, on days off he would wear a skirt to be confusing and all around annoying.

The song was, western, as most of his singing came from overseas. He lived near a harbor port and wretched hive of scum and villainy on the south of Japan. However, now he was singing, and watching a cat dart around. Yemon blinked. He actually missed a note out of the random scene of a girl following the cat right after. He had his case on the ground next to his feet, which he graciously picked up in order to follow the leader. It seemed like a decent activity to go along with for the next few minutes. Plus, the look of a girl following a cat and a random person following her seemed relatively hilarious in his opinion. So he too, followed the girl, who was following her cat to see where it went, while singing Creep, by radiohead, just to make it all worse.

--------------------
Akawaga Yemon
That Random Person with the Western Stuff
PM
^
Ii Koyoriki
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 06:56 AM

Member No.: 185

It was supposed to be a nice, calm day for Koyoriki. She had laid in until eight o'clock that morning, only spent an hour excercising, hell she was even cheating on her diet. Presently she was tucking into a bowl of yakisoba from a street vendor, dressed modestly in a drab brown kimono and mustard haori, with a short cape wrapped around her shoulders to keep the morning winds out. All the while she watched a small cat strut across the market place with all the self-styled regal air a cat brought, accompanied by who she could only assume was the little lord's owner, or maybe his vassal? She smiled to herself as she scooped more of the rich noodles into her mouth. Nice weather, comfortable clothes, good food and a show. It really was shaping up to be an excellent day, until a stalker had to go and ruin it all.

She'd eyed the skinny little thing when he first entered the market, ambling from corner to corner singing peculiar songs as he went. At first she'd taken him to be another early morning reveller like herself or the cat. That was until he started following the girl, her English may not have been the best, but she knew whatever little diddy he was singing to himself didn't carry the healthiest of meanings. With a disappointed sigh, she wolfed down the last of the noodles before stepping up off the stool and stalking towards the strange man, leaving her payment behind. She was a head taller than the little creep, not even counting the weight advantage she had over him. It would have been easy to wrap an arm around his neck and get it over with, but it was the duty of a Yoriki to keep the peace, not beat people senseless for looking weird. Instead, keeping one hand on her jutte, she wrapped her free hand around his shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze as she introduced herself. "You look lost, sir." She greeted with as much politeness as she could muster, already irritated that he was costing her a pleasant day out, "Why don't you tell me where you're going? I might be able to help."

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 02:11 PM

Elite Member

Wait, what? Wretched hive of scum and villainy? That's a bit prejudice... What? Smuggling? Oh, uhh...nevermind! Still, yes, there was this cat...and that wasn't really much of an issue. Cats will happen. However, it IS funny to find a girl apparently following it at a distance that one hopes will not alert said cat to one's presence. The problem with trying to do so is...well...many an animal's sense of smell is just unbeatable. They can practically SEE the trails. That said, a cat's ability to recognize the latest human blob tends to hold more to the other senses - smell and sound - than that of sight. So, it was technically feasible that Makoto could follow the cat without alerting it.

Maybe.

The guy that was sort of singing an unfamiliar tune a bit further back who was now following her was a bit more noticeable. Well, to her, anyway. Shorty was like 'Myeh' because he was too far away to care. They came into the marketplace, and Makoto mentally went 'Of course', because he was a cat and he loved the smells and...probably to steal stuff. No, actually, he appeared to be propositioning people for their food with a soft "Erooow!" sound.

Aaand it was about this time that somebody was trying to arrest the young man that was following her. Wait, what? Yes, a girl that looked...rather familiar...was now questioning the young singer. That didn't seem right. This was furthered by the fact that suddenly Makoto realized who it was. She stepped over and spoke up.

"Now now, Koyoriki. You're not about to bust someone for singing, are you? A little off-key, perhaps, but not a public disturbance."

--------------------
PM
^
Snugglyrum
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 08:25 PM

Yemon blinked as the new girl showed up in his view. Considering that he was now being socially pressed into something he wasn't entirely sure about. He looked back and forth between them and felt very, out of place. Which was starting to be a normal thing. Interestingly, the young man only addressed one of the comments. "I'll have you know I missed one note, I happen to only be good at singing." He said clearly and pointedly. Yemon figured he had no idea what was actually going on, he just found himself doing something as dim-witted as he usually did.

He glanced at both girls again and shifted his weight as he looked them up and down. Yemon always felt small to others. He wasn't exactly good at anything, even singing, he had a voice between a girls and guys which didn't really work well for most music. He sighed to himself and bowed politely. "Sorry to disturb you both then, I think. I was just looking for something interesting to do." He said as he blinked. Yemon was trying to gauge what kind of people they were and getting nowhere, he had always been like that. Try and guess, why not?

--------------------
Akawaga Yemon
PM
^
Ii Koyoriki
 Posted: Jul 31 2018, 07:21 AM

She recognised the woman the second she saw her face, her eyes lighting up at the pleasant surprise. "Ah! Miss Makoto!" Releasing her grip on her weapon, her head came down in a low bow, before answering her teacher's query. "Wouldn't dream of it ma'am," Keeping her hand on the smaller student's shoulder, she continued, "I'm a lover of the arts after all. It was more a healthy concern about a young man stalking a young woman from a distance. You know how Edo can be." She briefly remembered her first month here, when she had to throw a man off a train for trying to cop a feel of some poor girl's thigh on the train. Thankfully the endemic seemed to be dying down in recent times, mayhaps due to the increasing risk of having ones fingers broken. Yet as she looked at what she held in her hand, a young man shifting awkwardly from foot to foot looking like a deer in the headlights, she couldn't help but feel she made a poor assessment. She was fairly sure she could feel his bones under the skin, how could he be a threat? Creepy weirdo perhaps, potential sexual assaulter? Probably not. Letting go of his shoulder, she bent her neck to bring her face level with his own. "Still, I was too hasty, I don't believe you had any malicious intent, did you now?"

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 11:45 AM

Elite Member

The girl with glasses arched an eyebrow at Yemon.

"You mean, it was suppose to sound like that?"

Ah, the issues of involving a foreign band. It was going to sound different or weird to those who not from the land of its origin or exposed to it daily. Well, that was neither here nor that, as Makoto was actually trying to help the boy not be in trouble for wandering around. Both of their explanations actually mused her, given the state of things.

"Can't say that I've ever been the victim of a stalking, personally. I mean, I dunno if I was ever stalked and just missed the fact, but nobody ever got that close to me. I don't think they wanted to risk what might be the obvious outcome: A severe beating."

Even before she went out of her way to get in shape at the Track Club, even before the earthquake and her awakening, Makoto was still a trained Bushi and capable in unarmed combat. You know...like nearly everyone at Edo Bugei. It's kind of a required course. Still, onto the matter of this boy...

"I don't think he meant any harm at all. He probably just saw me following my cat, the one over there that's begging a vendor for fish cake."

There was, indeed, a compact-looking tabby stretching his way up one side of a stand, currently getting the attention of the human with the food. Makoto hoped he didn't get too portly this way.

"Nothing wrong in tagging along. Just don't spook him. The point is to see where he goes, unspoiled by personal contact."

--------------------
PM
^
Snugglyrum
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 05:24 PM

Yemon watched the cat as it begged for food and yawned slightly as he streched out, making sure his case didn't hit anyone as he did so. He shifted his hips and waited for the cat to decide where to go next before addressing the girls. "Yes, I sing in other languages, kind of my thing. I grew up in a port where trading with people from overseas is normal." Yemon said wondering why the cat was being allowed to do whatever it wanted.

He looked back at the other young woman and shrugged. "I'm too pathetic for maliciousness, never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity!" He said, in a far too proud of himself kind of way. Yemon could be like that, make fun of yourself before someone else could do it for you. He had always been ready to take verbal abuse, especially from himself. Yemon couldn't help but feel that he was once again, a fish in a school of sharks. The feeling was getting more and more familiar to him. For every time he had attempted to do something, it seemly just put him in a bad position that he couldn't back up if he wanted too. It was why he never tried to be seem threatening, just out of place and annoying.

"So... I'm Yemon, resident loser and completely useless person. No need to grab me and throw me, as I'm pretty sure you could hurl me into a wall." He said before deciding to speak in a sport's commentators voice and narrate the cat's actions. "Looks like he's taking his time with this one, Kyo. I don't know if the defense has the willpower to stop him from gaining weight..."

--------------------
Akawaga Yemon
PM
^
Ii Koyoriki
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 04:46 AM

"If it makes you feel any better, you're an infinitely better singer than you are motivational speaker." She said, scratching the side of her head as the smaller boy narrated the scene. Hooking a thumb through the tine of her jutte, pulling the baton free and spinning it so the handle faced outwards, before slipping the weapon into a small inside pocket, no longer expecting to use it. "If I may, I'd like to accompany you on this endeavour, I fear I'm having a hard time filling the hours today."

--------------------
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 12:50 PM

Elite Member

Well, the point was not that he was allowed to do whatever he wants. It was that Makoto wanted to know what it was that he did on his own when he was unsupervised. Haven't you ever wondered? Well, apparently not in some people's cases. After all, Yemon was rather surprised to find Makoto doing what she was doing. Now uhh...he introduced himself and...yeah, the boy didn't need to put himself down like that. Didn't seem right to her.

"Well, I am Makoto Shiyo and you...really shouldn't call yourself a pathetic loser. I mean, nobody else did. Why give anyone the opportunity?"

A fair question, but we have to let that one go as now the announcer's voice came in and detailed the cat's performance. Shorty actually did manage to coax a little fish cake in his direction. Actually, it landed right on his nose, causing him to recoil for a second and then eat it up. So, the first thing is that her cat was sneaking food. That figures...

"I don't mind if anyone follows. Might be good to have some company, just as long as we don't actively spook him. The point here is to see what devilry he's up to. For instance, if he's overeating, I have to put him on a diet or something."

No sooner said than Shorty first propositioned a vendor of dumplings, and then when he was repeatedly refused, he grabbed one right off of someone's plate and took off running! That's an 'Oh crap!' right there. No one was giving more than a token "Hey!" because chasing a cat with food in its mouth won't really get back the cat OR the food, but you still have to do something. Makoto was trying to sneak after him quickly now.

--------------------
PM
^
Snugglyrum
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 02:36 PM

"Seems legit." Yemon blinked as he watched the cat, ignoring the bad motivational speaker comment. Sticks and stones, sticks and stones, he thought to himself and yawned lightly as the cat and the small animal were doing something like speech. Once the cat decided to steal food, which was actually really impressive, and the woman took off after the cat, stealthily Yemon found himself quite out of his depth.

"Yea... I wish you luck, I'm not a very stealthy person." He said, slowly following as he lagged behind to maintain stealth, versus rushing after the cat in order to retain his stealth. In reality, he was trying to ignore the fact that talking to one girl took enough of his mental fortitude, two was basically making him anxious as all hell. Yemon shifted his weight as he relaxed and watched the cat dart around.

While he put himself down, and didn't seem very motivated, his eyes easily followed everything as if it was routine to him. Which, it was, but his usual demeanor would have considered it extremely deceptive. He hummed lightly as he took up his position at the rear.

--------------------
Akawaga Yemon
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY