Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Rank 2 Mission: Broken Heart
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 10:45 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

Hmmm. Well, he had every reason to believe that this was the student in question, but Roshi couldn't possibly find out right now without tipping his hand. This was a problem... Maybe he could call- Oh. Eh heh heh... He didn't have Mirai's number. Well, so much for calling in reinforcements. Not exactly sure he had four bars in this weather, anyhow. How would he...?

Brainflash!

While the young man continued to calm the horses...

"Horses are nice animals, buuut I prefer cats. They're a little more compact and I like the purr they make. You know that sound actually makes people healthier?"

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 05:05 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 114

The final set of stairs took an age to climb, and it didn’t help that the further up she got the more she could hear the storm and the building itself had even begun to sway a little as she went up. The swaying wasn’t the most encouraging thing ever, but she trusted that the building was constructed strongly and that the swaying must be normal.

The room itself was fairly simple (except for the mural on the ceiling, which Mirai forced herself to ignore for fear she might spend too long admiring it) but the view. Oh, the view was amazing - she could see out across most of Northern Edo. There was something special about being able to see over a city like that. She could have stood there staring out the window forever, but it would have to wait - she had a job to do. Maybe she could visit again some time when there wasn’t a more pressing issue at hand. She could see stables quite close by - those were probably the stables that Roshi had gone to and she needed to get back to him to report that she hadn’t found the boy in the temple.

The climb down would probably be a little faster than the climb up seeing as she wouldn't need to stop and search the building on the way back down, but likely it would still be some time before she reached the bottom of the temple. Once she did she would immediately head for the stable to find Roshi so they could get on with the search for the boy.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 09:46 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

"Horses nice animals, buuut I prefer cats. They're a little more compact and I like the purr they make. You know that sound actually makes people healthier?" Roshi said to the boy, receiving a bit of a confused look in return as the boy then pet one of the horses.

"I suppose. I think horses are more intelligent though." as he said it the horse he was petting gazed directly at Roshi, as though burrowing into his soul. The animal gazing for a long time as though to say how smart it clearly was.
"Also you can't ride cats." he pointed out.
Roshi would notice that none of the horses actually had saddles on them right now. That was because the saddles hung on the wall near the entrance to the stable. They all seemed pretty worn and used, but it wasn't as though the temples got a ton of money or gifts from the Shogunate. As Roshi noticed the old saddles the boy looked at them and sighed.
"It is a shame this place isn't funded as well as Edo Bugei's stables. These horses are all beautiful." he said as two of the horses stomped a bit and proudly puffed themselves out. Two large stallions.

It was about this time that Mirai would arrive, almost out of breath. going down the stairs was certainly not as difficult as going up them, though that was also the point of the temple. As she arrived the boy looked at the two of them. A look of jealousy and then absolute sadness.
"I see." and with that turned his back to Roshi and went to petting one of the horses against the far wall.

Mass
Shoy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 01:31 AM

Story Teller

Whoa... The long, dark horse-stare of the soul! Mon Dieu! Roshi was properly transfixed for a moment, as the boy went on to point out the unridability of cats.

"Well, you've got me there. The horse is ready, willing, and able - no contest."

He had no way of comparing and contrasting the intelligence level of horses and cats, though. You see, most cats don't care about your tests. They won't cooperate, because they are definitely stubborn. Now, the boy also remarked on the state of the stable and its equipment, and it was certainly true. These were good horses, at least from his amateur perspective.

Now, we have a small problem which arrived in the form of Mirai. However, what's funny is that it's going to cause a great deal of ironic progress, perhaps in more ways than one. The boy looked at them both and immediately turned his back on them with a look that really bothered the young artist.

"What? Why does everybody immediately make that assumption here? I don't have a girlfriend! I mean, I do have someone that I like, but I really don't know how to approach that. Plus, I think she might have eyes for someone else, and I think he's the really important guy that called me Senpai even though I'm not a royal or a Scion or anything like that. I'm an artist, and I have no idea how to do this!"

Now, the question is...was he acting or was this all true?

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 06:06 AM

Bugei Adventurer

When Mirai finally reached the stable and Roshi, she noticed with some surprise that Roshi was talking to some boy she’d never seen before. The boy was petting or maybe grooming one of the horses that occupied the stable. The boy must have been the stablehand here, or maybe… that student they were hunting for was supposed to like horses, wasn’t he? That was one of the few tidbits they had about the missing kid. Mirai swallowed down her excitement; there was no guarantee that this was the right person and even if he was she couldn't just charge in there and physically drag the boy all the way back to the school. They had to get him to come with them.

But as Mirai got there, the boy gave them an odd look and turned his back to them. Mirai frowned: why did he have that expression? And Roshi must have gotten there before she did, so had he already gotten a chance to talk to the boy? She felt like she’d walked in halfway through a conversation and didn’t have the context to understand what it was about. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask Roshi (in a whisper, of course) what was going on, but as she was thinking of how to word the question Roshi had something of his own to say.

Mirai blinked at Roshi’s outburst. Then she blinked some more.

This day had certainly been unusual, if nothing else.

She honestly didn’t know how she was supposed to react to that. Play along? In her stunned confusion she couldn’t think of anything else to do, especially because she didn’t know what Roshi and the boy had been talking about before. She would just have to assume that Roshi had some goal with his tantrum, and if she didn’t play along she could be putting that goal in jeopardy. So with exactly zero idea of what she was doing or what was even happening, Mirai crossed her arms. “Y-Yeah! You shouldn’t start making assumptions about other people. Especially, um, especially... especially if you don’t even know who you’re talking about?” To the other's ears it probably would have sounded pathetically weak and unassertive. She felt horrid to complain like that, and desperately hoped she’d done the right thing by going along with Roshi.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jul 22 2017, 11:09 PM

Administrator

As the two made clear protest to being called a couple the young man tending to the horses just shook his head a bit.
"Uh uh. It must be nice I imagine. Having someone to walk through the rain with. Having someone to be next to and take care of. I'm sure it is all kinds of fun isn't it?" his eyes gave a bit of glare, with just a hint of sadness to them as he gazed at the two. His face speaking only of personal hurt as the horse he had been grooming bucked and backed up a little. After all horses could sense emotions well and for a moment the boy had become quite hostile until he cooed the horse back over to him.

"Look. I'm trying to take care of these horses. I'm sure if you want to get out of the rain you can stay inside the temple until the storm passes. I'm about done tending to these guys, but i'm going to stay until the storm finishes so they don't get too scared." and with that he just looked at the two, his arms crossed a bit, as though waiting for them to leave. He didn't care much about Roshi's story, or whom he claimed to like, or the two pretending not to be a couple in front of him. He just wanted to be left alone, and his body language seemed to demand they leave at once.

Mass
Shoy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 05:04 PM

Story Teller

It's funny that he didn't believe a word he said. Fortunately, in the moments of Mirai attempting to back him up and the other boy's disbelief, Roshi had managed to come down from his rant-a-thon. This was good, because he was probably scaring the horses with that. It wasn't good for them. He wasn't any good at them, but he didn't hate them either. So, with him giving them the brush-off like that, it was time to take off the masks.

The umm...metaphorical ones, that is.

"It's all true, you know. Everything I said. You see...she and I are here on assignment from the Bugei."

Oh crap. Things just got more official. Roshi held up his ID like it was a badge. 'Roshi Bento - Third Year', it said.

"We were asked to find you, and try to help you out. My general inexperience is sort of the olive branch in this affair. C'mon, if you know anything about me-"

Which...he might, since it's Roshi.

"-you know I jave trouble telling whether I'm coming or going."

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 12:41 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Now, this situation was still confusing and neither the boy wasn’t doing anything to make it make more sense. Following Roshi’s rant and Mirai’s attempt to back him up, the boy had replied with some strange tangent about someone to walk with or something like that, and he looked upset at something. Well, they were here to help him out with his broken heart; maybe that heartbreak was what he was still upset about?

He certainly had a way, with horses, though; he was able to calm it down again so quickly. It amazed her, honestly. She wished she had that skill with people. It would make their job so much easier right now if that was the case.

Mirai nodded along as Roshi explained where they were from and why they were there. She was happy to let him take the lead in the explanation considering that she didn’t know what he and the boy had been discussing before she got there. “Is there anything we can do for you? All we want is to help.”

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 10:31 PM

Administrator

The boy looked at Roshi and Mirai with a decidedly sour expression. The look on his face was that of disgust but decidedly not of surprise.
"I figured you are from the Bugei." he said bluntly. As Mirai and Roshi both insisted they had come purely to help the boy he scoffed.
"Help me? Really? I think you mean drag me back to that hell. I don't want to go back. I never plan to go back!" between the boy suddenly raising his voice and a sudden crack of thunder the horses jumped and yelled causing the boy to lower his voice and try to settle the horses down.
"Point is, i'm not going back. Who wants to go back to a place they had their heart broken at?"

The way he asked the question didn't seem defensive but instead a legitimate question about life as the Bugei.
"You meet someone, you think they are the complete center of your world. Then you find out you aren't even a tiny piece of theirs! Who cares if I go back. Who wants me around anyway?" he asked as a tear was clearly forming in the corner of the boy's eye. As the tear formed the rain outside seemed to lessen a bit as the horses calmed down.
"I'm not really wanted by anyone." and with that the boy tossed the two his school I.D. as though to further show his intentions. on the I.D. it had his picture, the school seal, and clearly stated his name and that he was a cavalry student. Kamamoto Ryuji was the boy's full name. Roshi would have heard of him as a rather famous up and coming cavalry student around school. He wasn't the son of a lord, but was known to come from a very prominent Northern Japan samurai family.

Mass
Shoy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 10:33 AM

Story Teller

He did not take the reveal very well. If anything, it made him more irritable than before. At no point, however, did he lose control of the horses. His voice, the thunder, and all may have disturbed them, but his ability to keep them calm was incredibly good. Roshi, to his credit, might manage a horse. But all of them, in a storm like this? Not so likely. This boy was talented with horses like he was in art.

He was also, according to his thrown-down ID, Kamamoto Ryuji, a skilled cavalry fighter from a samurai family. He was good. Roshi stared at that ID for a moment, then looked over at him. He was someone, maybe not nobility, but definitely someone who didn't have to - Oh, I dunno - create curious works of art to become notable. He was already there. Roshi picked up the ID now.

"I don't believe that."

He had on one of those 'You've gotta be kidding me' looks on his face.

"You're cavalry, good cavalry, and you think nobody will like that? Admire that? I'm an artist, not a Scion or a Noble. You're more important, and you can do something it would take me years to perfect. If we got on horses today, right after this storm, I'd be thrown off, lose control, all that stuff. And fight? Well, I'm trying with my bike, but it's not the same. You can't tell me that someone won't look up to you for that, believe in you for that, worry about you when you go out to fight. I DO know drama. Someone always worries when you go off to fight. Don't throw it away for the one. Find another."

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 06:41 AM

Bugei Adventurer

((Sorry for such a late reply))

The poor boy. He’d really taken the rejection hard, hadn't he? That girl must have meant the world to him. She wished she knew what she could say that might help him feel better but she didn't exactly have a lot of experience when it came to this sort of thing.

Roshi's speech was impressive. For all his silliness earlier it seemed he could be a good talker when it came down to it. She never would have guessed he had that from her first impressions of him.

“There must be friends you have at school wondering where you are,” Mirai ventured. She wasn't too great at the whole comforting distraught people thing, but Roshi’s speech - and the way the boy had so easily calmed the horse - gave her an idea that she no idea if it would work or how it could make him feel but it was worth a try. “And I’m - I’m sure the horses at Bugei can't wait for you to come back... right? They must love you if you’re so kind to them.”

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 02:20 PM

Administrator

It would be heard to tell if it was the thoughts of the woman that had scorned him, or Mirai's comments about how much the horses back at Edo Bugei must miss him but the boy started crying. Looking at the two he said.
"My skills didn't mean shit to her though! As for you, saying just find someone else, HOW? She was suppose to be it. To be the one that chose me over anyone else and that I would spend forever with! All of those plans i had are gone now! They are worthless! I feel like such a disgrace! I was rejected by her, and now I've Run away from school. When I go back i'll be punished as some traitor and then I'll be both a run away and a rejected loser! What is let? I might as well just die out here!" he yelled as one of the horses suddenly made a loud scream and bucked in the air, surprising the other three that quickly backed as far as they could away from the now balling Ryuji.

Ryuji sank to his knees a bit.
"I had all theses thoughts about kids, and living together, and both our families being happy, and telling people how we met in highschool and now its all gone. All of it, and no one even cares about how much it hurts." he barely said as his entire face had become red and contorted as more and more tears hit the hay and dirt at his feet. Meanwhile outside the storm seemed to start showing signs of settling down. It seemed that they no longer had to reflect the mood of the person the two had been trying to find since now his mood was clearly reflected in front of them as he was on his knees sobbing away.

Mass
Shoy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 07:39 PM

Story Teller

Honestly, Roshi wasn't sure if commenting about the horses helped at this juncture. The guy did love taking care of them, but he was after a different kind of love, and the last one had gone pretty much unrequited. When Ryuji screamed and the nearest horse bucked, Roshi instinctivel put his hands up with a "No no no no no...!" to the riled animal to make sure it didn't slam into someone. It didn't, but it's lack of doing so probably wasn't due to the crazy artist. He'd simply put himself somewhat in harm's way.

Watching Ryuji, though, he felt kind of helpless. He wasn't saying that looking for someone else to fulfill your life was easy. He was saying it had to be done, no matter how hard it is. There are some things that you can't take back, some times that you can't go back to. Important events of a person's life can lock the door on possibilities, depending on how they turn out. He didn't wanna watch Ryuji crying his eyes out, so with a sigh, Roshi turned and...sat down on the ground next to him, looking at the ground.

"Alright, I know I haven't had the kind of life you've had, so there's things I'd never understand. I'm just a crazy artist, after all. But I have been hurt before, though not in the same way. You remember the earthquake, right? I had friends in the art club. We were just doing our thing, when the tremors started... They all headed for the entrance. I jumped out a window."

It was the first floor. He was barely injured, if at all. However...

"They didn't make it. They were crushed by the floors above, and I would have to, if not for taking the weird and kinda' dangerous way out. I wish I'd said something. If I'd said anything to get them to follow me, they'd be alive... I know it's not the same, but...I'll never know what life would've been with them around. I mean, there was a girl there and she was nice. You never know..."

He was having a bit of a hard time keeping that emotional wound from opening. The earthquake did something to them all, but Roshi DID blame himself for the three fellow artists who'd been killed in the school. He looked over at Ryuji.

"I dunno if any of that helps, but look... She didn't care for what you so obviously do. That makes her not the one. Your 'one' has to accept you for you, and it's not like you don't have things going for you. You're...gonna have to tough it out, but...you don't know what you're life is gonna be yet."

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere