Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Midnight lounge
jinn kuki
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 04:29 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 160

Awards: None

It was late although the clock was standing almost at midnight. Big chance most people already were in their dorms seeking up their bed or chilling in the lounge area. Jinn on the other hand wasn't in both of them. Jinn was never really able to sleep at night. He preferred the night over the day though since everything was more mysterious at night.

Jinn was sitting on the roof of the dorms with his legs dangling down the edge. It was past curfew but Jinn was someone who didn't care much about the rules. He was looking over the city skyline looking too all the lights in the distance enjoying the nice view. He wondered what was all going on there.

Jinn may just wondered though since he wasn't a big city person. It was way too busy for him there. Jinn preffered the more quiet places of the earth. He preffered the more primitive lifestyle then most people would.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 02:00 PM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

Things are more mysterious at night? We couldn't agree more! While Jinn was staring off into space, hanging off one edge of the boys dorm roof, there was a sound from the back edge of the roof, basically behind him. It sounded like a Clink! sound, and it was followed - eventually - by the sounds of climbing. This was due to the thrown grappling hook and the young man climbing it, who would reach the top and then immediately be focused on his side of the building, over the edge.

The other young man wasn't paying attention to curfew either, or something. He was black-haired and currently dressed in casual shirt and pants, obviously stuff he wouldn't mind if they were torn or dirty. Actually, it looked like he was hauling something up that was tied to the rope he'd just used to get up here. Maybe heavy, since it was taking effort to bring up whatever it was. Seemed like he was in a bit of a rush, though. What the heck was he doing?

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 02:22 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn heard a clinging sound from behind him his eyes shot towards the side thought the moment he heard it. Jinn wasn't used to noises at this time of the day so he was pretty curious what was going on.

Jinn's head cocked back while he started to lean back on elbows. He looked calmly behind him wondering who would climb up big chance it wouldn't be one of the teachers since they wouldn't make this much sound to get up here.

Jinn sighed a bit when he saw the guy trying to get something up. Jinn didn't really care what it was though it was more that the noises he could make with it. "You know it might be easier to use the upper floor to get here." Jinn said calmly in a bored voice. "Would save the sound and everything from your hook."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 11:32 AM

Elite Member

During the time Jinn was looking at the guy, there was was the occasional Dink! of something metal against the concrete of the building. Not loud, but present, anyway. This would surely add to his complaint, though. Thing is, as soon as he spoke up, the other boy let out a yelp of surprise - more like "Wah!" - and panicked for a second, flipping on to his back while still holding the rope. He then tensed, eyes shut, as though expecting something...and then breathed a sigh of relief when whatever it was...didn't.

He looked over at Jinn, still flat on his back and holding the rope.

"Uhh...yeah, sure. That...that makes sense. Of course, I'm still here now, so...yeah."

There was a bit of a pause right here, where you have to wonder if the point of this endeavour was simply to get to the roof, since - as Jinn said - the access from inside the dorms would've been easier. However, rather than allow this to be addressed immediately, the boy asked a different kind of question.

"You're not from the Artillery Club, are you?"

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 03:00 PM

Bugei Adventurer

jinn rolled his eyes a bit towards the guy although it would be hard to see in the dark. He sighed a bit when the guy flipped on his back. Jinn would just keep laying there seeing everything still went fine.

Jinn just nodded towards the guy when he confirmed his suggestion about going in from the inside.

Jinn raised his eyebrow towards the guy when he asked him if he was part of the artillery club. Jinn was someone that disliked guns. They were too loud for him. Jinn preffered the more quiet ways that kept people wondering how their leader suddenly got killed.

"Have you even seen me in the artillery club?"

Jinn asked him although Jinn never went inside the club room and he pretty much wanted to keep it that way.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:17 PM

Elite Member

The truth was that he was only agreeing with Jinn in order to not make him feel worried or suspicious about what he was doing. His compliance had basically nothing to do with anny actual intention to actually go through with that...because this was the best way to do what he was doing.

Let's break it down for a moment. Our boy here was sneaking in something that he didn't want people to know was in there, and didn't want people asking questions about. He was hauling up something that was wrapped in a sheet and not exactly light, which was why he'd hit the floor like that when he was surprised. The reason he was doing the climbing was to get the thing in, beyond and question of the lobby or, indeed, anybody else observing him.

He had his reasons. One of them was the school Artillery Club.

The reason for that, however, had nothing to do with the membership of anyone in tsaid club, per se. It really didn't. And it was for that reason that the other boy's answer to his question with another question didn't help at all. Our rope-holding friend here smiled sheepishly and replied...

"I'm not a member, myself, so I wouldn't know. It's kinda' why I asked. They've been hassling me alot, lately. So, if you are or not, just say so, okay?"

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 04:36 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn rolled his eyes ones again towards the guy with his awnser especially with the comment to awnser straight since the guy avoided his question earlier.

"Then my comment would still have awnsering your question if the articles has been hassling you. Since you would know who they are. If not you should work on your observation skills"

Jinn said calmly although without any interest in his tone. Jinn didn't really care who he was and who was hassling him. Jinn just wanted to relax a bit. He was wondering though how long the robe would last if he wouldn't pull the object up quickly. Well it was either the rope or the guy what ever would give up first.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 05:26 PM

Elite Member

The young man leapt up suddenly, and despite the weight on the rope that he was holding onto, so that he could declare his next statement in a dramatic manner.

"But hah! You assume that I would know everyone in the Artillery Club just because some of them confronted me! And you would be wrong!"

This guy was possessed of an energy that Jinn clearly did not have. He even had on a goofy grin, at this point, just demonstraing the fact that he had a crazy person on his hands now. Because now...he seemed to be enjoying this.

"You could be playing dumb, just to get a drop on me. And then, on top of that, you could even be lying, which is just a terrible thing for you to do. you ought to be ashamed of yourself!"

He had been pulling up whatever it was while he was talking now, and finally hefted the object...which was wrapped in a sheet. It looked long, heavy, and maybe a bit unwieldy. What the hell was all of this over, anyway?!

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 04:45 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn rolled his eyes ones again. "to be honest I don't give a crap about who you are or what you are doing. I just don't wanna be caught by does freaking teachers for trespassing the curfew. Plus if I was part of that so called artillery club I would have messaged them already."

Jinn sighed he really didn't care who he was just like with everything most of the time. He just wanted to chill but ot was kinda hard with the noise the guy was making.

Jinn reached over with on of his hand to his backpack and took a bottle of beer out of his backpack. He calmly placed the side of the bottle cap against the side of the roof. He made a hard smash with his hand against the top of the bottle making the cap fly off.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 07:21 PM

Elite Member

Ah, good. He didn't care. Perfect! ...yeah, then he said that if he had been a part of the artillery club, he'd've already messaged them. That meant that he could've been bluffing, or bluffing that he was bluffing. Yeah, that's it! He could be trying to fool him into believing that he was a lazy putz who didn't care about anything. What better a spy than that? Why, he could be sending pics, which of course prove that it DID happen!

The young man remained still for a moment...then spoke in an overly dark and sinister voice.

"Then, I guess I'll have to kill you..."

He hefted the sheet-thing, and it made a sort of heavy priming sound. It was obvious that he was joking, for three reasons. The first was very obvious, in that the...whatever-it-was was pointed quite over Jinn's head, apparently. The second reason was that he let out a ridiculous "Mwa ha ha ha haaa!", just then. And the third reason, which was less obvious, was that - under the sheet - the mortar cannon was pointed backwards. Our boy here was reckless at times, but not stupid. He didn't even really prime it. He just made a convincing sound effect with his mouth.

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 01:02 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn didn't move an inch when the guy said he would have to kill him. Jinn has heard this many times before by enemies he fought during battles. He let's out a small sigh and looked towards the half empty bottle of beer and twirls it a bit so the foam get back into the beer.

"I wonder who would kill faster you with your canon or me with a half empty bottle."

Jinn voice was calm although oddly serious like he was prepared to kill him within the second.

It was pretty obvious it was atleast a Canon to jinn because of the shape and size it had to him. He only wasn't sure what kind of Canon it was. Not that he would really care. The Canon would make to much noice anyway and would take to long for a quick kill to him.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 08:31 AM

Elite Member

We're gonna be honest here, the cannon would probably hit both of them at this range. It produced a large explosion on impact, and would probably blow them both off of the roof if he had actually fired it off here in earnest. This was why, as casual as the boy was with this thing, he was treating it seriously and not actually intending to use it. The Artillery Club wanted it because they couldn't stand the idea of Roshi Bento having this thing instead of those who, say, actually study munitions.

Now, onto Jinn's counter-threat. This is funny, because the old Roshi would've been properly intimidated - or at least worried - about one of his peers making a boast like that. The old Roshi hadn't been on a mission that went pretty sour, gone directly from that to the war in Edo and helped fight a general, and then found himself held at knife-point by the Hattori to explain to him that this was his life now...because he had to spend it watching his back for real-life assassins. The new Roshi didn't have time to be intimidated...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Behind the scenes, Roshi had elected for - out of necessity, pretty much - some training to refine what he knew about fighting...which was haphazard and somewhat reckless. Instructors that he had gotten would take him into a training room and force him into a load of exercises, and THEN hand him a weapon.

Some days, it would be a bokken, where he would get some part of his body hit or rapped on because he was leaving himself open.

Other days, it would be a staff or some weapon he was more familiar with. He at least stood a better chance with those, though he insisted on learning alot of weapons.

Whenever they tried to teach him something he was wildly unfamiliar with, he would end up screwing it up badly and probably faceplanting.

The one good thing was that his desire to perform art as much as create it, so he was in good shape. The BAD news was that it meant that he knew mostly the form of good fighting styles, but not its substance. He could fake and improv alot, but he wasn't genuinely GOOD at these...until now. It was sort of required now, as per his new status.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, that new status...which he'd asked to be kept secret so that nobody worried why he was so invested into things now and asked questions. If people asked Roshi why he was an Elite, it might lead them to find out about things that they are not suppose to, things that are confidential at the Shogun level.

...but there's no harm in showing off a little, right?

After all, he was rather good at things now. So now, the young man suddenly began to...to SPIN the cannon while in his hand. It was seriously going around like crazy, like some kind of...revolver.

"I've been waiting for you, you know. Now, we'll see if the man can live up to the legend."

He held up the cannon once more.

"This is the greatest gun ever made. The Ikko-Ikki Dragon Mortar. One shot, but more than enough to kill everything that moves!"

He spun it again, grinning wickedly.

"Now, I'll show you why they call me...Roshi."

He then set down the cannon with a heavy thunk, and kept his smile.

"Relax, I didn't arm it, and it was pointed backwards. But if you want a performance, I can oblige. I've been getting more and more into live-action. It hurts, but it's weirdly satisfying. Up to you."

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 02:32 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn just shook his head a bit when he made the whole introduction of his weapon together with his own name. Jinn really didn't care about guns or every weapon that made too much noise in his opinion. Jinn was the killer that killed everyone off quietly striking fear into opponents while they slowly miss a guy every time.

"like I said before. I really don't care about your weapon that is way too loud for its own good and give away your location. I just wanna relax and enjoy the night."

Jinn said calmly towards him. He reached towards his backpack ones again and took another bottle of beer out of it.

"Do you want one though?"

Jinn asked towards him holding up the bottle. If he could see in the dark he could see it was a pretty high class bottle. Jinn didn't really care about most school rules and followed his own rules.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 02:30 AM

Elite Member

You know those moments where - in a comedy - there is a particuular action or dialogue taking place, and then all of a sudden there's this record scratch as something out of left field grinds everything to an unexpected halt? That was what happened here. As soon as the guy realized that Roshi wasn't making any sort of a real threat, he went completely passive and gave up on any notion of fighting. Roshi stood there for a moment, feeling a bit disappointed. He'd been putting alot of work in. He kinda' wanted to see how effective it was.

As consolation, Jinn offered him a beer, but Roshi just shook his head.

"Nah, I'd rather not."

He thought about what the other boy said about the cannon, though.

"You are right. It makes alot of noise. It obviously didn't serve the Ikko that well, since they lost."

Since he was here, he might as well bounce a thought off of someone, and since Jinn was here, it might as well be him. Thus, the young artist came over and sat nearby, kind of opposite him so that he could have the same vantage he had.

"I know you don't care about this. You said so. But then, maybe you can give me an unbiased opinion. During the fight with the Ikko Ikki, it was clear to me that my Hornet saved my life. It kept me mobile, so I couldn't be surrounded. It got both me and Nobu to one of the Generals. It was really useful. That cannon is still a weapon, no matter how noisy it could be, but what if the noise didn't matter, because you'd be able to leave the area you fired from, quickly."

He held up his hands to make a dramatic gesture.

"I'm thinking...side-car. What do you think?"

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 05:12 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn thought for a second about what the boy said to him and for using a side car. Jinn wasn't there during the ikko fight since he was on mission for his own clan in a different country. Jinn was someone that placed his own clan infront of everything beside his family. When it all came down his family and clan is what made him into what he was now.

Jinn would stare toward the skyline of the city while he thought about an awnser for the boy. "If I were you I wouldn't use a Canon like that in a bike. It uses to much recoil to keep driving. If I were you I would learn myself to use a handgun while driving. It is less obvious and more mobile since you can drive faster then with a side car" Jinn said with a simple shrug "although that is what I think"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY