Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Rank 2 Mission: Broken Heart
Moby Dick
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 03:20 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

At last, it seemed like they had gotten through to him. It had taken something true to life - something both personal and well-known in public - to open the boy's eyes to the possibility of life after losing someone, whether it was by rejection or loss. For this, Roshi felt that he should probably visit the memorial later...for the sake his friends.

Kyo, Naku, Makoto...thank you.

Roshi noticed the atmosphere improving, much like Ryuji's mood. He still seemed so fragile, but it was clear that he had made it over the mountain now. With their help, he looked to be on the road to recovery.

"I'm sure of it. Just...you know...keep an open mind, that's all."

At least the rain was stopping. What was that monk doing there? He wasn't making another assumption, was he? Dammit, he's gonna give him a reputation, a weirder one than being the crazy artist that he was.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Nov 1 2017, 09:07 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 114

She smiled at Ryuji, which she hoped was encouraging, as he seemed to finally be coming to terms with the idea that there might be such a thing as a future without the girl he’d had his heart set on. She was glad that he might begin to heal his broken heart.

So, they’d done it, had they? They’d succeeded in their mission? Well… they seemed to have gotten him a little cheerier, certainly...

But they still had to get him back to Edo Bugei.

Still, she gave Roshi a grateful smile as well. There was no way Mirai would have been able to talk him out of his grief on her own, and that story he’d shared was powerful but deeply personal. She wouldn't have been able to tell that story if the same thing had happened to her.

“Thank you,” she whispered to Roshi and pushed past him to get closer to Ryuji, who she offered a hand to.

“Would you like a hand up, Kamamoto-san?” She didn't want to feel like she was forcing Ryuji to come with them before he was ready to, so a simple friendly gesture would do the trick for a first step towards that goal with being too imposing on the boy… right?

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 3 2017, 12:00 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The two seemed to be almost done with the mission. They had certainly helped the boy through his own stormy night so to speak as the weather outside began to clear up.
“Would you like a hand up, Kamamoto-san?” Mirai asked. The boy gladly accepted, but as he stood up he looked at the two and then at the ground shamefully.

"I ran away from school. From my responsibilities, and my friends. The school even had to send a search party for me. If I go back, I will probably be severely punished." he then took a small step back from Mirai, as though to symbolize his hesitation. Looking at Roshi and Mirai he then worried that the two had been sent from the school for the sake of punishing him. His body clearly seemed to tense a bit as he started as them questioningly.
"Have you two been sent to punish me?" he asked as he looked like he would run again.

Mass
Shoy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 04:10 AM

Story Teller

Perhaps Mirai thought that she couldn't have spoken up about something deeply harmful and heartaching like that, but the two things you have to remember about Roshi was that he was a fair bit extroverted...and he was great at performing, which includes telling a story. This was a true story, but it was no less a told tale to an audience. Thinking of it like that, he could get it out there without a problem.

Roshi stood up as Mirai passed and went to give Ryuji a hand up. He was glad this worked, because after that...he would've been out of ammo for deep emotional connections. With all three of them standing now, the cavalry boy now had a look of guilt about him. Ahhh...yes, the consequences of his actions. Wait, what? Why did he think that they were gonna punish him? Did he really think that an artist and a ummm...ummm... What did Mirai do, anyway?

Wait, no, that wasn't important. Neither one of them was harmful or even looked harmful. Roshi looked...propely confused right now.

"What? And frighten the horses? No, we're not here to punish you. I don't even know how we'd even begin to do that. I don't even have a magic marker on me."

He was half-joking about the horses, but he seriously didn't want to upset the guy and then - indirectly - rile the animals, either.

"Ryuji-kun, the only punishment we bring is that you have to go back, face whatever consequences the school gives you, and move on. My advice is that you explain yourself, tell them you know it wasn't right, and promise to do better. I dunno what they'll make you do, but...maybe 'cause of your background, you'll be cleaning stables? You wouldn't mind that, right?"

They might punish him for the lapse in judgement and his duties, but they couldn't make him do something that was too much for his limp. Like...you wouldn't force him to run track-and-field when it would be sheer torture.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 09:17 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Mirai frowned. Punish him? “Why would we want to punish you? You haven’t done anything wrong.” At least in Mirai’s eyes that was true. He couldn’t control if he felt heartbroken, and trying to get away from what hurt you was only a natural reaction, right?

Roshi didn’t seem to think that the school would have the same opinion though. They could be pretty strict sometimes, she supposed, but surely they wouldn’t dish out terribly harsh penalties when Ryuji hadn’t hurt anyone by running away.

She nodded to show assent to Roshi’s advice. “He’s right. I don’t think they would be too harsh on you, Kamamoto-san. It’s not like you committed a crime or hurt anyone, right? Even if the school does decide to punish you it wouldn’t be long before you’re right back to normal everyday life.”

And if that could be achieved Ryuji would be the better for it. The sooner he could get back to classes and school life the sooner he would be able to put the girl, the heartbreak, and the running away from it, behind him.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 05:02 PM

Administrator

"Ryuji-kun, the only punishment we bring is that you have to go back, face whatever consequences the school gives you, and move on. My advice is that you explain yourself, tell them you know it wasn't right, and promise to do better. I dunno what they'll make you do, but...maybe 'cause of your background, you'll be cleaning stables? You wouldn't mind that, right?" Roshi said. The boy looked up at him in surprise. He had honestly expected the academy to send someone like Yagyu-sensei and flog him sinceless for betraying the Bugei.
“He’s right. I don’t think they would be too harsh on you, Kamamoto-san. It’s not like you committed a crime or hurt anyone, right? Even if the school does decide to punish you it wouldn’t be long before you’re right back to normal everyday life.” Mirai added.

Slowly the boy nodded to the two of them. This entire time he had been expecting so much to happen. Perhaps he would get found and beaten. Perhaps people from the school may come find him, or perhaps the Edo metsuke, and drag him to the school by force. Maybe, even some ninja would show up and simply take his life in the middle of the night. Instead these two simply asked him to come back to the school with them.

"A-alright. I guess. Lets go." he said a bit hesitantly, taking a big gulp before nodding again, as though to lock his decision in with himself as he stepped towards them. Taking one look back at the horses in the stable he said.
"If I survive, I promise to visit again." and then looked at the two.
"I guess you can tell the school you found me."

Mass
Shoy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 05:45 AM

Story Teller

Honestly, it worried Roshi that Ryuji somehow believed that they might kill him for this. It may have been something about honor that triggered this, but even if he was cavelry, he was still human and humans have feelings, dammit.

"I may be just an artist, but I won't let them kill you over a matter of love and heartbreak."

He pulled out his phone now and called the school.

"Hello, this is Roshi speaking. We've found the missing student. He's alright, mostly. I'd like it if the school went easy on him. This sort of thing could happen to anybody."

Anybody at all. It was the human condition, after all. Roshi patiently waited for an answer now.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 06:08 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Ryuji didn’t seem too convinced that everything would be fine in the end - “if I survive,” he’d said. Mirai didn’t know what more she could do to assay his fears, but she supposed that it wouldn’t be long until he was at the school again anyway, and that would prove his fears unfounded. Hopefully Roshi’s assertion that he wouldn’t let the school harm Ryuji would help in the meantime.

At least he’d given them permission now to contact the Edo Bugei with the news that they’d found him. Their work, essentially, was done.

Standing there just listening to Roshi on the phone felt awkward, so Mirai tried to make conversation with Ryuji as Roshi made the call. “Have you been to visit these horses before, Kamamoto-san?”

She would wait until wait until the phone call was over to ask Roshi, “What would they like us to do from here?”

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 05:25 PM

Administrator

As Roshi made the call the boy they had been sent to find looked extremely nervous. So much so that Mirai took it upon herself to try and start up some kind of conversation.
“Have you been to visit these horses before, Kamamoto-san?” she asked. The boy nodded a bit and looked at the horses.
"Yes. They are very sweet horses." he said as he smiled at them. The stable was off the usual path but was far from hidden, and the horses didn't seem to mind the company.

On Roshi's phone he would suddenly hear it ring as the voice of the Headmaster was suddenly heard on the other line.
"Hello?" he asked, waiting for Roshi's response.
"I've been told you found Kamamoto-san, and something about punishment? While it is true that Kamamoto-san has run away from school he is going to be grounded on campus for about a week. You found him, he didn't cause any harm to the school, or to the city, so we have no reason to inact any kind of severe punishment beyond that extent. Likely he will have to have quite a few meetings with the school staff though to talk about his current mental state. If you can, please try and be there for him. He needs to know that he isn't alone in how he feels." the answer was diplomatic, and kind, but coming from the headmaster also believable. Many of the upper level students new Headmaster Hosokawa often left out a lot of details when he spoke, due to the classified information he kept inside as Headmaster. However, he had never lied to any of Edo Bugei's students. If he said the punishment would only be forced to not leave the campus for a week or so then it could be trusted. Now it was simply up to Roshi's to convey that information as both Mirai and Kamamoto gazed at him nervously.

Mass
Shoy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 09:49 AM

Story Teller

Roshi was a little surprised to be hearing from the Headmaster himself, but he just listened for a moment, a smile playing on his face. That punishment... Honestly, he felt a bit jealous of Ryuji now. Being stuck on campus by staff edict would keep him away from his father and brother. Oh well. At least it wasn't could to be a bad punishment. And as for the last part...

"Pretty sure I accomplished that part already. Goodbye."

This left him to tell them what he'd heard now, as he hung up.

"We have to take him back to campus."

He looked directly at the cavelryman with a light-hearted attitude.

"Ryuji, you've been grounded. You have to stay on campus for a week and not leave it, even if there's an international horse expo coming up. That's about it, because you didn't break anything or hurt anyone."

Then, a little more seriously...

"You'll have a buncha' meetings about how you're holding up, because of why you ran in the first place, to make sure you're okay and stuff."

He indicated Mirai with his head now.

"We can help you through it. Just don't mistake us for being in a relationship, because people are doing that right and left around here, and it's super awkward."

Mirai was nice and all, buuut...he didn't know a thing about her, other than her being a generally nice person. For all he knew, though, she could be a blackbelt martial artist and hack websites for fun.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: 29 minutes ago

Bugei Adventurer

Roshi seemed to be done with the phone call shortly after Ryuji answered her question, and he wasted no time in giving them the low-down on what would happen to Ryuji.

But hearing this news was a relief. Mirai was glad that the punishment would not only be mild, it would be brief as well, and not only that it seemed the school was extending their resources to help Ryuji as best they could. With all that it wouldn’t be long before Ryuji could put this whole event behind him altogether.

Then Roshi referenced people mistaking them for a couple. Mirai swallowed. She’d been able to mostly put that earlier embarrassing incident to the back of her mind, but now that Roshi brought it up she found her face going a little red. Though she didn’t hate Roshi or even dislike him (even though he was a bit strange, he seemed to be a fairly kind and good person), she wasn’t interested in any kind of romance with him, and the fact that someone had already mistaken them for having that kind of relationship was embarrassing enough. She nodded. “Yes,” she said, and then to change the subject as much as to reiterate that Ryuji could turn to them if need be, “And we really are happy to help you. If you ever need anything, feel free to ask us for it.

Well, standing here wasn’t going to achieve anything more. “Are you ready to head back, Kamamoto-san?”

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem