Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Special Delivery, [Closed][To Yumiko from...]
Alida
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 11:27 AM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Awards: None

"I guess. Never really thought of it that way, inviting people to show off the city and all." The base reason of just showing off Kaga was just near the last thing on her mind. When thinking of home, her mind was more for her family, showing her home to Nobu as a trade off, and the Maeda Clan. Suishoku was too humble or lacked the afterthought in purposely showing off Kaga. Despite this being the case did the list of people prove to be a great starting point. A mix of personalities and rather nice people in company.
“Hmm, besides the boat trip, how would you prefer to handle that kind of trip?” She asked the younger girl. “But I suppose we should think on these things when we’re all warm and indoors.” Suishoku wanted to ask if Yumiko was more spontaneous about what to show the group or have the event more structured like a tour guide. She got the impression that Yumiko had some specific places in mind and wanted to hear those thoughts.

"I think they grow their own fur thicker in winter. Like cats or dogs."
"I'm sorry senpai. All i can think of now is you buying your rabbit small sweaters with its fact on the front."

“They do huh?” Suishoku appeared a bit thoughtful on that until Yumiko started giggling. “Hey now!” She argued lightly with a pout. “I thought those pet owners just buy that stuff to keep them warm. I didn’t think that—Oh! I get it!” The dots started to connect quickly. She chuckled and gently rubbed Yumiko’s head, lightly messing their hair for a second. “No way am I going to be the only one. You’re coming with me on that shopping trip.” This was declared easily to bring Yumiko with her as two freshly new rabbit owners. Their loud chatter and laughter carrying with them to the dorms. “No idea if rabbits enjoy sweaters but what do ya say about little capes and hoods? That’d be cute like Lil’ Super Bunnies!” Suishoku giggled while briefly striking that sort of heroic flying pose with and arm outstretched to the sky and the other held back bent against her sides. Caplet rabbits would be easier to manage anyway incase the little guys don’t like putting their limbs through weird holes. How this would graduate away from capes into clothing like that would be worth a try to learn together with Yumiko.

She went ahead and opened the dorm doors to let the poet girl in first before following in suit. Anyone in earshot would now have heard the two girls talking about the futures of their adorable rabbits.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 10:58 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As Suishoku looked a bit embarrassed by the sweater idea she suggested capes instead. Her idea of capes had to do less with super heroes and more with bandits.
"How about a cape and eye patch?" she asked as the two giggling girls fully entered the dorms.
"Like a Korean folk hero?" she imagined a large rabbit with cape, eye patch, and crossbow running through the woods to try and overthrow a corrupt dynasty. Jumping in the middle of a clearing as an enemy crossbow bolt barely took the fur off of it's tail as it landed and took out the person whom had shot at it. She wasn't good with Korean names though and couldn't begin to imagine what the rabbit would have been called.

"Hmmm. Maybe a rabbit Benkei?" she then imagined a large rabbit with cloak and cape and multiple weapons on it's back as it stood in the middle of a bridge blocking one very confused looking Minamoto no Yoshitsune. Even puffing out it's large cheeks as it's small arms pulled out a sword and spear much larger than it's body.

Either way the rabbits they got probably wouldn't be like either of those, but it was still fun to dream at least. Yawning a bit Yumiko smiled.
"I will make sure to come shopping with you senpai, but for now I think I should sleep. I haven't slept well in a really long time." her smile then turned to a decided, sad frown as she held her bag with Masumi's fan a bit closer and they approached her dorm door.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 10:17 AM

Platinum Poster

"Eh? Really? We'd have to figure out how to keep it on without the patch getting pawed off." Suishoku tried to follow along with what new ideas Yumiko had but in the end, she just chuckled and smiled at the girl getting wrapped up with the ideas of how to give more character to their rabbit companions. They arrived and entered into the dorms for much relief of the winter air that their hands and cheeks would start to tingle a bit from the warm air coming in contact with them.

She started to check herself a moment and knock off any loose snow on her person. The two made no intention to stop at the student cafe while crossing the main lobby for the bridge to the girl's side. "Now a Benkei would be something!" Suishoku agreed quickly. A Benkei would be an absolute strong name for a rabbit while looking hypocritcally adorable. "Hmm, speaking of Benkei, I wonder if the kabuki theater is doing anything. Usually a Benkei play is a treat."

Their pace slowed as they traversed the girl's side bridge. Shopping was all but assured now that would no doubt be filled with other distractions along the way than the original goal mind. Suishoku started to look at Yumiko concerned when hearing about her sleeping habits. "You could rest at my room if you wanted to," she offered. This wouldn't be the first time she offered this such as toward a friend late in the fall named Todo Mikoto.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 06:53 AM

Administrator

"You could rest at my room if you wanted to," she offered. Yumiko's face had a kind smile on it and she gave a polite bow.
"Thank you senpai. I will be alright. I promise. I think I'm going to call my dad." her voice seemed so gentle and honest, and it hinted that the poet girl likely hadn't talked to her parents much since Masumi's death. Recently she had been losing track of time. Now, however, the real world was starting to sink back in. She finally had something that was clearly Masumi's, but also now knew that her world didn't only consist of a dead senior boy and herself. It consisted of everyone who cared about her, including Suishoku, and also her parents that had probably been worried about her lately.

Again, Yumiko gave a deep bow and smiled wide.
"I will be alright. I promise." and with that unfolded Masumi's fan and put it in front of her mouth like a geisha making flirty eyes at someone. After all they had just been talking about kabuki and she had no doubt that Suishoku would understand the joke.
"When the summer comes lets go to a play together."
She was sure whatever rabbits they got could make it a few hours without them. Though this was also assuming that between classes, missions, and their hopefully soon to be new jobs that either girl would actually have extra time to go to such a thing. If all else failed she felt confident the two could say it was part of their cultural club's activities and so they had to attend.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 11:35 AM

Platinum Poster

"Hmm, well," the senior didn't like the answer too much. It's so easy for someone to go one way and then the next. She didn't want to think Yumiko was not pulling her leg about being happy now even after the cafe and bunny distractions. Suishoku folded her arms loosely and nodded at the idea of talking to parents. She hasn't spoke to her own on a lighter note than the bad news coming this spring and Yumiko's parents would like to hear something by now.

"Alright," the playfulness she displayed convinced her that Yumiko wasn't pretending. "I'll hold you to that promise then." She chuckled and and started heading for the upper floors where her room was. "By summer for sure. Hopefully we'll see some good plays by then." Suishoku waved to Yumiko and went into the lift for the upper floors.

--

Inside the elevator, Suishoku pressed her back against the walls and sighed from how today has gone. A simple outing had a lot of work build into it and became more of a new friendship than just protecting. She could also think of Yumiko as a little sister if Kaori hadn't been a great example of what a little sister would be like. "Maybe that would be too familiar with her," Suishoku rubbed her cheek in worry that it would be a bit much to consider. "I guess I should pass along the message then to give those guys a small heads up while the mood is still good."

Digging for her phone, she whipped it out to enter a fast message to a few people on her contact list. A quick group mail that might cheer up their own winter blues. After sending it off for a preemptive party plan, Suishoku hummed with the ring of the elevator and headed to her room to make a few more phone calls of how to arrange this along with a light punishment if Yumiko did lie. A little rabbit themed punishment of course. She would later spend the next few hours on her bed researching 'How to Care for Rabbits 101' before falling asleep on a page of what to do when your rabbit has babies.

[exit thread]

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 11:30 AM

Administrator

After Suishoku left Yumiko closed the door to her room and sighed a little. Looking around her room she realized just how far into her depression she had gone lately. She hadn't done much cleaning and her room looked like a complete mess. If not for the fact that she had so many sets of clothes she likely would have gone out in dirty clothes today. Looking around she noticed a lot of her favorite poetry books now had dust along the covers as she moved her finger across them. It was as though, for the most part, her entire life had come to a dramatic pause when she received word that Kajiwara Masumi had passed.

Going over to her now fairly dirty sink in her room she took a washcloth and put a bit of water on it. Walking over to her computer desk and dresser she began carefully removing the dust and dirt from it, and for what must have been the first time in months fully open her window blinds. The outside light that now rushed in showed just how dirty the room had become and how unorganized her bed looked. Sighing a bit she did a bit of tidying up before falling over on her bed. She still didn't have much energy. Between the busy day with Suishoku and her horrible eating habits lately her body was decidedly worn out.

She took out Masumi's fan and placed it on her night stand. Tomorrow morning she would clean. For now, however, she needed to rest. She needed peace.

Exit Thread
END THREAD

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem