Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Two boys, one shopping arcade, (Junko/Shinsuke)
Aideen
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 09:38 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Junko grinned, feeling every bit the gruff, tough imposing soldier that he wasn't. "That'd be amazing." Now he had to try extra hard to live up to that. He would become the best that he could be and everyone would look up to him. He'd be a real example of what a man looked like. "It really means a lot to me that you'd say that. I promise I'll protect you no matter what." He said with complete sincerity. Junko didn't really do half measures when it came to emotions, he felt things at one hundred percent and he was feeling one hundred percent good about the future.

"You're welcome." Junko smiled at Todo-chan and stepped in closer so that they rubbed shoulders as they walked. "We're both thanked and welcome and we both probably wouldn't be doing as well as we are without the other. More proof that we were meant to be friends."

Junko was impressed as they came up to the large building. At best, he'd been to the small theater not far from his village, he hadn't been allowed to any big city sorts of theaters with more than two screens. Everything in the city was so much bigger. He bet that this one could play every new movie that came out in a week. He looked to where Todo-chan gestured and nodded. "That's the one, but I bet you'd be standing right next to me. Gotta face the scary things together, right?"

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 05:59 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

"I have full confidence that you'll prove yourself a very capable bodyguard," Shinsuke assured his friend, who seemed quite taken with the idea he'd suggested. It was great to hear that Junko was excited about the challenge presented to him. There was no denying that seeing Junko happy and confident was better than Junko doubting himself. He grinned as he told Junko, "I'll hold you to your word then. Of course, having a manly bodyguard will certainly make anyone think twice about causing trouble."

As his friend walked closer, Shinsuke's grin evolved into a contented smile. What Junko had said was actually pretty deep upon consideration. Both of them had been through tough times in the recent past. Through meeting each other both had grown happier and more confident. Clearly they were getting along famously even if fate had had nothing to do with their meeting. There was perhaps the chance that they had been brought together by some unseen force. Regardless, he was quite happy that they had met. Others might not accept this side of him, but here Junko was waiting to see a movie with him.

"Absolutely! And the brave warrior is always there to protect the maiden, right? So.. let's give it a shot.." Shinsuke replied as he attempted to copy the pose of the girl on the poster. He ended up standing very close to Junko, a hand on the northern boy's shoulder just like the poster showed. The Todo boy held the pose for a long moment, then laughed and stepped back, "Okay, I've had my fun with that, let's go see this movie!"

He wasn't sure why, but it seemed like the staff at the theater were watching them with some odd kind of interest. Whatever that was for he wasn't sure. Honestly he didn't care too much either. Today was about having fun with his friend and no one else's opinion of them was going to change that goal. After buying some popcorn (he insisted it was his treat) Shinsuke led the way to the theater where the film would be playing. All in all it was actually quite a good quality movie, especially the soundtrack and cinematography. While the story was a little cliche in some ways, it was still quite fun. By the end of the film he felt more relaxed than he'd been in a while.

As the credits rolled, he looked to Junko and smiled, "Thanks for the recommendation, Jun-kun. That was pretty good.." he stretched his arms a little and added, "Shall we head to dinner? I think I'm hungry despite the popcorn."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 07:24 PM

Story Teller

Junko could not feel more proud. This was everything he'd wanted to hear and hearing it from somebody like Todo-chan was amazing. Not that he felt romantically interested, he'd tried to make that clear but still the pretty girl and close friend had a main line straight to his confidence and she was definitely filling him with this strong resolve not only to not fail but to work so much harder and be the best he could be, then go even further than that. Junko nodded, "Yeah, let's do it." and he took the pose of the samurai.

When they broke apart, he also laughed. Shame there wasn't like some kind of picture booth here, maybe they could stop by and print off a few near an arcade or something. He'd never actually done it before and it would be fun to have a strip of pictures of the two of them to commemorate the special day. While Todo-chan went for popcorn, Junko bought a box of milk caramel candies and a water. Back home, the theaters tended to be very hot, both because it was a good way to stay warm without running up your own bill and because there were so many people. He didn't want to overheat hence the water.

Turned out, it wasn't that bad but at least he had been prepared. He really did enjoy the movie, though certain parts, like the goodbyes before battle and the love song playing made him cry. But That was to be expected, movies were meant to make you feel, nothing wrong with that. All in all, he was glad he'd seen it and even happier that he saw it with a good friend. "That was amazing." he said, perhaps a bit more enchanted with the film than his partner. "Can't wait for it to come out. Definitely a pick up for me."

He sighed happily and dropped the water bottle in the recycling bin. "I just about bawled my eyes out when he was lying in a coma tent and she just wrote him kept letters and she didn't know. I'm glad it worked out." He dabbed at his eyes with his scarf before putting it back on. Having it on in the theater had played a merry hell for his attention span so he'd taken it off. "Dinner sounds good, but can we stop by a photo booth. I thought about it earlier and I'd like something to remember today with."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jul 28 2017, 07:58 AM

Story Teller

Shinsuke was pleased that his friend had enjoyed the film so much. A good movie was always more enjoyable when there was someone there to enjoy it with you. Not just while viewing it, but to discuss it long after the end credits had rolled. He was walking very close to Junko as they exited the theater, nodding while his friend talked about one of the more emotional moments of the film. That really had been quite the enjoyable - if dramatic - section of the movie, and he wondered momentarily if this might be a film his sister would enjoy. Maybe not with Shinsuke dressed like this but certainly as a family outing of sorts.

"When it comes out we ought to get together and watch it again in the dorms. Maybe pick up some snacks at the convenience store and have a little bit of a party!" he suggested, smiling as he thought about the suggestion for taking pictures together. That really wasn't something that the Todo boy had ever done when he was younger, even though his sisters were into it. There had been a couple of dates that ultimately hadn't led to anything long term which had included them though. Such had been awkward times and he a different boy, more interested in trying to get a pretty girlfriend than that girl's feelings about him being overly forward. Maybe taking some together with his close friend would be a different and more rewarding experience.

"Sure, that sounds like fun," he replied, then glanced around the area before spotting an arcade. The noises of the various machines and people playing them could be heard even from their position down the block. With a nod he offered, "Let's go do it in there! There are always picture machines inside arcades, and this type of arcade has more of a selection I bet."

Without waiting for the response he led the way through the entrance, inside the brightly lit establishment. There were rows upon rows of games ranging from traditional game cabinets to the incredibly rigged 'UFO Catcher' games with cute character prizes inside. The fact that these machines were impossible to win anything out of didn't deter people from trying anyway; many of those who were playing them right now looked like couples. Not paying that much attention Shinsuke led Junko a bit deeper in before pointing at a picture booth. Sure it had a stylish girl on the side of it, but it would serve the purpose just fine!

"How's that one? I think it'll work fine for what we want," he asked before stepping inside the booth and nodding. All of it seemed pretty straightforward really. After making sure he had the change out to use the machine, he gave the seat next to him a pat, "Come on, take a seat with me! I don't bite, I promise."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jul 28 2017, 11:14 PM

Story Teller

"That'd be loads of fun, we can make it our own private theater, you, me, and a couple other really cool people that we like." And they could talk during the movie and laugh and do all the normal things that you had to avoid while watching a film in public. Plus they would get to do it with their own snacks and be in an even bigger group with more friends. He'd never done it before but Junko was pretty sure that watching a movie would be better when surrounded by your friends, after all, what in the world wasn't better experienced that way? "It'll be like on giant group date." he laughed.

Junko let Todo-chan lead him along. After all, she knew this place far better than he did and, to be honest, following along was a lot of fun. It was a bit of a whirlwind from one objective to the next, but he was glad that she was agreeing with his ideas. It seemed like they were both having a really good time and having fun with his friends was definitely on his top five list of things to do in Edo.

Junko tried to take it all in, the flashing lights, the flashing screens, and the flashing signs. Everything was clamoring for attention. He saw games of all sorts, he wanted to stop and try them but that was a temptation he would be strong enough to avoid. He even saw a crane game with a bunch of super cute phone charms and another with stuffed animals. That would be fun to have. But no, he could resist the temptation and maybe come by later and win a bunch of stuff. It was probably super easy, especially if you were a master hunter.

The photo booth looked pretty good too, it had a very pretty girl on it so that probably meant it would take really good pictures of them and make them look stylish too. "Looks good, I like it." He patted Todo-chan on the back. "But be careful, if you're any cuter, they'll have to put you on the side instead." He laughed. He was about to pay but Todo-chan seemed to be three steps ahead of him already so there was nothing to do but sit where she told him. "Alright box, tell us what to do." he said with a giggle.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 05:43 AM

Story Teller

"A couple of other cool people? Hm... well I do know a couple, but one of them's never seen me like this before. I'm not sure that he'd want to come over anyway since we had a big argument the last time we met. The other person... hm.. would you be cool with my sister coming? I'm sure she'd have a real blast watching a movie with snacks," Todo-chan suggested, tapping their chin thoughtfully. Inori could be a bit of a handful when she got excited about something. If Junko were fine with Inori coming, Shinsuke certainly didn't mind; she did already know a lot about Todo-chan, so it would be fine.

Later in the bright realm of neon and sound that was the arcade, the two Bugei students sat on a bench. One of them was actually a bit flushed as the other remarked that if he were any cuter he'd be on the side of this machine. Oddly it was both embarrassing and quite flattering. Though he'd decided he wasn't terrible looking like this, he wasn't sure he could be considered cute. If his good friend thought that he was, then perhaps he had to re-evaluate his self-image. Stricken for words in response he sat there with his hands folded in his lap waiting awkwardly for the machine to start up.

"Welcome! Okay, get ready to look sooo good! Let's try a moe pose!" came the cutesy voice from the machine as an illustration of a schoolgirl in traditional serafuku demonstrated. Instinctively Todo-chan copied the pose, hands held up in the shape of a heart.

Next came the cheerful instruction, "Nice job! Now let's do a V!" The chibi schoolgirl held both hands up in the peace sign, which again Todo-chan copied without hesitation.

Then they were given a 'free pose' moment where Todo-chan leaned in a little closer to make sure they were both really well in the frame. A light smile was on the diplomat's face when the pictures were snapped too. When the time came that they had an opportunity to decorate the pictures with sparkles and other cute things like borders and frames, Todo-chan went a little overboard. By the end it really looked like something that you'd make on an outing with your best friend.. if you were both girls about this age.

"Heh.. sorry, I got a little carried away there," Todo-chan apologized, rubbing his head nervously.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 09:08 AM

Story Teller

"It'd be really neat meeting more of your family." Junko said, not yet realizing that he already had. "Plus you should invite that other person anyway. Maybe the argument wasn't as bad as you thought, maybe they also want to reconnect. Maybe you can both say you're sorry. You never know when something will happen and it turns out that you never see that person again. So it's important to try and repair those connections, you know? Especially if they are somebody special to you."

Junko didn't need any introspection to know that. he had, at least, not had a fight with Hachi before his godfather left but his mother had. He wondered if she ever regretted it. Had they been friends once? It seemed strange to think of his mother having friends. But she must have, at one point. Actually, Bu didn't even know how she'd met his father. She didn't really talk about him and when she did, it was when she had drunk too much and talked about him as if he'd be home any day now. Hachi talked about Junko's father a lot but it was mostly stories of the trouble they'd gotten into when younger or when they were green. Maybe it was time Junko put some effort into learning about where he came from. But now was not the time, now was the time for fun.

Fun meant pictures so he piled in to the booth with Todo-chan and smiled big for the camera. This one had a cute little mascot to give instructions, that was neat. Moe pose then, he could do that. Junko put his hand up to his forehead in a cute salute. For the V, Junko put one arm out in the V sign and the other, since there was nothing else to do with it, he put around Todo-chan's shoulder. During the free pose, Junko pulled Todo-chan in close as well so they were both grinning cheek to cheek with a big smile for the camera.

Todo-chan wasn't the only one who went a little overboard with the photos, Junko was incredibly excited. "Don't apologize, this is great. I'm gonna pin a copy to my board in my room. I don't want to forget today." He smiled at the printouts. They looked so good, he thought they looked very much like a manly man and pretty girl together on a date, which this obviously wasn't but whatever. Although outside the rose tinted glasses it did kind of look more like a girl and tomboy out on a fun trip to the mall. Still, he'd treasure it and the memories he made.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 07:36 AM

Story Teller

"Great! I'm sure that my sister would love to come watch a movie or two with us. I hope you don't mind if she's a little.. energetic; she can get that way sometimes. Well, often times really. But she's a sweet person at heart and I really ought to include her in more things. Plus I think you two would get along," Todo-chan replied, also unaware that his friend had already encountered Inori, "Who knows, maybe you'll get another good friend out of it!"

The suggestion of inviting Nobuyori anyhow was a bit of a difficult one for Shinsuke to wrap his mind around. Their fight had been pretty heated but was there any reason not to try and make amends? As he'd thought about his childhood friend he'd worried that they would just end up shouting at each other again. Nothing would get accomplished and they would simply be just as angry with each other as they'd been before. Junko had raised a very important point about it though - sometimes you put these things off and never got the chance to make things right. He'd lost a sister and had regrets about things they hadn't done.

Slowly he nodded, "I guess... maybe we could try inviting Nobuyori-kun to the movie night too. There is the small problem that he's never seen me like this before.. guess I'll have to just be Shinsuke then. Or give him the biggest shock he's had from me.."

While it was clear that he wasn't sure about that revelation coming out, he wasn't saying no either. Doing something like that alone would've been right out of course. Provided that his close friend Junko were there along with his sister, he was at least a little more sure that things might turn out all right. The pictures, on the other hand, turned out really nicely. Both of them had hammed it up a bit, but he was happy to have someone to do things like this with. Even the last pose had been fun, and he was thrilled that Junko was so into things as well.

"Glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for coming into the booth with me," Todo-chan bowed a little to the boy from Hokkaido. With that he looked over the printouts and smiled - to him it wasn't the look of two girls hanging out or a boy with a girl on a date. Just two best friends having a fun time. No problem! With that mindset he looked to Junko and suggested, "Say, how about we grab something quick to eat on the way back to the dorms? It's a little later than I thought it was, and we probably ought to get that furisode back to your room before it gets dark out.. I'm having a lot of fun today, though, so thank you!"

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 07:43 PM

Story Teller

"Well I bet your sister is pretty cool. She has to be if she's your sister." He said. But the second bit caught his attention a bit more. "Wait, Nobuyori? Like Azai Nobuyori? I know that guy. I met him when I was out looking for food stuff in the foreign district. He bought me ice cream and we rode the train home together. It was kind of fun but we did have a bit of an argument about home stuff." He squinted his eyes closed and tried to remember. "Something about boats and clans and something. It was dumb."

Junko shrugged, giving up on the memory, it wasn't as nice as the ice cream and stuff so it was better left forgotten anyway. "I think he's kind of sensitive about his family and living up to the name and stuff. I wouldn't hold it against him if you did fight." He smiled like nothing mattered. "People move on. Besides, if he's never met Todo-chan before, it's like starting over again. I mean, even if he's got thin skin about some stuff, just don't push his buttons. He's pretty nice."

Junko smiled, "He even invited me to go sailing with him. I think it'd be a lot of fun, I've never sailed before." He leaned over close to get a really close look at the photos. They were so cute. He definitely wanted some copies for himself. "Besides, you both are kind of big names. He's going to lead Azai, you're going to lead Todo, I'm Matsudaira or something, if we can't work together, there's no hope for the future of the clans. Besides," he winked at her, "you're an ambassador, aren't you? Ambass at him."

Junko considered the pictures. It really had been a great day, one that he wanted to remember. With the clothes and the photos and everything else, he would have a whole lot of things to remind him of it. That was good and it made his smile grow all the more. "Absolutely. Let's grab something to eat and then we can see that you get your new wardrobe back to your room. I've got a lot of boxes to hand over."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Suzu
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 04:37 AM

Story Teller

Of all the things to have in common Shinsuke hadn't expected meeting Nobuyori to be one of them. Already he and Junko were getting along pretty well, and the foundations for a strong friendship had been set. Their shared experience of meeting the Azai heir and having regretful arguments put things into perspective too. Yes, Nobu was very protective and sensitive about his family (as Shinsuke was himself), just as Junko had said. Really their argument had been kind of silly, though it wasn't something he'd say he was totally over. His own pride had been stung.. but maybe he could just work through it. Friends were precious - you didn't just cast them aside after a disagreement.

"Yeah, I think we're both that way about our families. Not that my sister would ever let me live it down if I insisted on defending her honor for her. I've known Nobu since we were really small, it'd be awful to let our friendship sour over that argument," Todo-chan responded with a slight sigh of acceptance, "I'm not so sure about introducing him to Todo-chan though. Probably would be better to get back on good terms before hitting him with that sort of surprise. Heck I'd even say that you could help mediate since you've met both of us. Whether you know it or not, you're pretty insightful Jun-kun. I mean it.. talking to you has given me a lot of perspective on things."

Without waiting any longer Todo-chan printed off a second sheet of the pictures for Junko, inserting a pair of spare 50 yen coins to pay for it. These were held up and offered to the Matsudaira boy with a smile to go with it. While this day may have started with Shinsuke all wound up about things it was ending with a pleasant outing. They were really quite the close fast friends! You couldn't help but smile when you were in such good company. As they left the arcade he kept close to Junko as if afraid his friend might disappear all together should he err even an extra centimeter away.

"Yeah, there's a lot of boxes for me to relieve you of aren't there?" Todo-chan replied with a grin, "It's a service I'm all too happy to provide for you, Jun-kun. And thanks for everything today.. the talks, the walk, our food to come.. it's all been really nice. I greatly appreciate it."

After they had retrieved their bags from the coin locker, the Todo student led the way to a place where they could grab a quick bite to eat. Nothing too fancy but it was at least a little bit more than a mere snack. Once again he was somewhat oblivious of the looks they were getting, sticking close to Junko's side the whole time. Until a pair of cute girls giggled while one pointed in their direction. That made him blush a little bit before at last they had the food in their hands.

Holding a cup of iced tea up in a toast, Todo-chan announced, "Here's to us!"

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 11:03 AM

Story Teller

Junko looked up at the sky. "Must be nice to have a friend for so long. It'd be terrible to lose out on that connection because of something as dumb as an argument." He really hoped that something like that wouldn't happen to him one day. He'd been making so many friends since coming to school and he didn't want to lose a single one. They were all so precious. "Whatever you choose, I'll help you out and support you. Just call me anytime and I'll be there for you."

He took his sheet of the pictures and carefully tucked them into his pocket and lightly patted it to keep them secure. "I've got a lot of perspective. That's the power of my magic, you know." He winked at Todo-chan. "But really, thank you for the compliment. I wouldn't say I'm any more insightful than anybody else, I just selfish and hate seeing people break apart." Which was, while also was a polite reaction to a compliment, also mostly, true. A torn up relationship, be it friends, family, or lovers, made him very sad indeed and he had a harder time not dwelling on those unpleasant feelings.

Junko kept close and, mostly out of his own pride and desire to show off how manly he was, took to carrying most of the bags. "You're welcome, Todo-chan. Thank you for being my friend right at the start. When I got to this school, I didn't have anything and then you showed up and I had at least one pillar to build off of. All the friends I've made here, all the progress I've made, that all started with you. I can't thank you enough."

He held up his drink to hers and lightly tapped them together. "To us and to us staying together forever." It was a toast he could really stand behind and support with the entirety of his being. Shin and Todo were his friend now, the first friend that he made on his own. He would keep them dear and close to his heart.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere