Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Lazy yet delicious
Alida
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 04:10 PM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Awards: None

“Ah, then yes, I’m under the Medical track.” she nodded and smiled as he took to drying the large curry pot. “Thank you.” When the pot was handed off to Jinn did she start on the next one with more water and tiny bubbles floating about. Half of her body leaning into it a little when trying to clean away to tiny bits of grime. Her voice echoed a bit due to partly speaking into the pot while feelig around and doing a spot check. “I thought to take medical since it was the only area I was good at although I don’t really compare to the people that actually took it to be doctors or pharmacy things. So I tried to be a field medic than staying at the tent too much. My weapon is a bit weird too, all things considered.” She chuckled and gave the pot a rinse and checked the handles for any oddities or loose screws.

“Hmm,” Suishoku hummed again as though weighing her thoughts on his relationship inquiry. “I guess I’m not longer single. Rumors followed me for hanging out with guys too long. Not sure why though since it could just be people wanting quick romance gossip. Even went as far as to say I’m in a relationship with a dear friend of mine just because we hang out a lot in since first year.” Suishoku explained after having dealt with these rumors since being in Bugei. Her expression did form a brief pout for how they were formed. That sort of cheapness brought a small form of irritation when she started talking with other people to spread gossip of her cheating. However, it was only recently did those rumors start to bare some truth. “There someone you’re seeing? No one would be able to resist the charm of a great chef,” she giggles and handed over the next pot.

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 05:03 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 160

A simple shrug came from his shoulders when she said her weapon was a bit strange. Jinn wasn't someone that would find a weapon strange that quickly since he was uses to adapting himself in every situation using all kinds of weapons and strategies for him "everything can be a weapon to be honest. It is just how you use it." He said calmly towards her.

Jinn's eyebrow raised a bit though when she said no one would able to resist him "I am not really known around the school as a chef or anything. I am more known to everyone as a lazy thug that just does whatever he wants." He said with a small sigh. Jinn might have a good body and some good hidden talents beside cooking and doing missions but he never really showed them to anybody. He always did his hidden talents when he was alone late at night. Making sure no one would disturb him or anything. "although big chance there would be some nasty rumors around the school about me though. So don't worry I think there are rumors about everyone"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 12:12 AM

Platinum Poster

"Like how you were going to use that kitchen knife?" She jabbed at him finally for entering the room to that brief instance. If he was going to pull off something threatening like that she hoped he had the decency to [/i] clean[/i] it properly. Although some serious chefs would call the tool a waste and no long fit for cooking in that regard. "But just so we're clear, my main weapon lacked a blade so a lot of the maintenance work was from my own upkeep." Suishoku picked up the last pot and started checking it over before tackling it like the previous two.

"Why not?" She interjected just as Jinn got to explaining about his reclusive nature. Suishoku just looked at his cocked brow and laughed at him. "Don't be like that. Popularity as its charms and it's near tried and true that hidden depths are just as charming, if not more so." She lectured on what felt to be so basic or else why wouldn't character sheets in manga not have that little section of information. Going off on that random tangent, and partly forgetting again on Jinn's somewhat imposing person, she looked up at him about what his status was on rumors. "So what's your rumors about? I see the lazy part and the cooking talents so which is the thug part? That you constantly pick fights with the Bugei club or something?" The way she said thing made it come off that it wasn't a surprise that the Bugei club was having issues.

Before the war break out of the Ikko were there problems with the Bugei club and its rowdy members being so combat focused. Some non-memebers took advantage of this and tried to make some serious battles play out that brought no end of medical calls for awhile at the Nurse's office. A few cases were just disturbing on the level of damage dealt that if a student just gave up or was hit wrong, they were a blood clot away from dying. Speaking of dying was there another case of a noble having killed a monk follower some months ago. That report was taken into confidential status since then and that lord in particular has gone missing. Rumor has it he's dead or just banished.

Now for Jinn was the question on what was his rumors. Suishoku didn't care for her own and most of them but gladly listened to every one she heard all the same for that bit of truth behind them. From what she could see if that Jinn was like a cat, large and lazy but with that imposing nature that made it seem dangerous when he did make a move to the mice around him.

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 04:39 PM

Bugei Adventurer

knives are knives. They are made to cut and stab things. It doesn't matter in what shape they come they are all made for the same thing." Jinn said calmly to her. It was the assassin part of Jinn talking now it would feel a bit more serious then when he talked before although his calmness stayed in his face and tone of his voice. "every weapon type has a different use. Some would have multiple uses some would only have one. How they get used depends on the owner." He said with a simple shrug while he placed the dry pot into the rack.

Jinn laughed a bit when she mentioned popularity as a charm. "What is the fun in letting everyone show your skills. I mean wouldn't it be more fun to keep some skills hidden. Like for example cooking. What if your boyfriend or girlfriend would suddenly cook an amazing meal for you without knowing he or she could cook. The surprise is even more fun." Jinn said towards her. Cooking may be his first hidden skill ever discovered in the school after the 4 years he has been here.

"let's just say I am not really set on the rules. I am someone that follows my own rules." He smiled to her. It was the biggest reason he was called a thug since he was breaking the rules allot it were mostly the curfews. Jinn was someone that preffered the night over the day anytime. It was more mysterious then the day.

Most of the bugei club wasn't searching a fight with Jinn. They know Jinn wasn't someone that was taken down easily or reacted to any taunts from them. He didn't care about it and just kept walking forward with his head kept up high.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 04:08 AM

Platinum Poster

"So you were going to just throw that knife at me and still use it for cooking? The hells is wrong with you," Suishoku lamented and washed in a sulking mood by his voice of words while still acting calm. And it wasn't that matter of fact tone either too which troubled her all the more of what she felt earlier really could have been a possibility. "Shouldn't have eaten then," she grumbled and threw the sponge into the post and polished off the inner bottom. Her eyes stopped looking at Jinn and stared more into the recess of the pot in light betrayal. Suishoku choose not to respond to his weapons advice as if he was trying to make up for it. The words were the same as from the other people who gave her the exact same replies word for word. It honestly made her regret bringing up the topic of weapons as her arm scrubbed the pot harder than needed judging by the amount of soup bubbles raising.

For some reason he found the whole charm points to be funny but somehow even left her confused of how he got that impression about his cooking talents. "I don't mean it like that. Surprised or no. I can't even tell if you're just doing this cooking just to be found out. The whole charming appeal is the discovery of that secret in that surprise you mentioned." Although the most surprise she had felt was mostly out of the deja vu feeling but only in the beginning. Jinn wasn't anything like that beyond the first impression. Eventually, she sighed and rubbed a soapy hand at her temples.

"Yeah yeah...just some tom cat roaming the grounds," his smile was slightly noticed in the off shoot her head turned to look at him then adverted to the pot to rinse out the soap and scrub it again after swapping hand grips. Her lighter attitude falling apart. "So let me get this straight, and fill free to correct me, that you basically do whatever you please without any regard to the school and staff because what? You're just that untouchable?" The whole thing frankly felt unfair to Suishoku that Jinn can be this way while she found Bugei, Edo by far, was like a heavily surveillanced criminal. A comfortable criminal but that isn't to say she never once not thought about the ninjas in the shadows and the shogunate followers. Even doing one good thing made her swear her life away on a protection order. "Where are you even planning to go with a life you have very little control over beyond what is presently in front of you?"

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 05:32 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn wasn't someone that could kill someone in the blink of an eye without mercy or second thoughts. On the other side though he only killed when needed since he didn't see why he would kill someone that never did anything to him. He was ready to throw the knife earlier but only out of reflex since she caught him off gaurd.

He left out a sigh though when she said he was going to use the knife again for cooking. It wasn't who he was it may come over that way and it may be one of the reasons he got the thug rumor going. But deep inside Jinn was a nice guy that was always ready to help everyone in need. He saw everyone as an equal going from the peopl deep in the slums to the high ranked shogun. He would help everyone if the needed help.

Jinn raised his eyebrow when she asked if he was that untouchable. He shook his head a bit "Nope I am not. I also get in trouble just like everyone else. O just don't see the reason why they want to stop me on how I want to live my life. I am not a puppet where you can pull the strings on to make wanna do what they want me to do. Why would I live it like everyone else. Traveling that already trampled road that is cleared for you. It is just too safe. Why not take the untraveled ones. They may be more dangerous and may take a bit longer. To do this though you must be able to do a couple of things though. One is to stop caring about what others think of you. The second one is to face your fears." He said with a smile again. Jinn was an adventurer by heart. So it came naturally to him to take the untraveled roads.

Jinn laughed when she asked what he planned for the future. "I don't plan for the future. I live now. Tomorrow is another story. You never know what would happen during a day so I just go with the flow but make sure I always do my own thing." it might sounded a bit weird for someone that was always planning. Jinn on the other hand never really planned anything. He knew lots of plans go sideways so he lived as free as possible without any plans and just see what the day brings to him.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 06:01 PM

Platinum Poster

"With how you are, that doesn't give that sort of vulnerability. That's not very cute." Suishoku glared at him for it as he tried to explain that he's still accountable for his actions and then goes about his business as if he isn't. She envied that and, in turn, disliked that attitude. Someone who walks as they please while others have to adhere to strict policies to adopt into an unnatural lifestyle just to adapt. Maybe not so unnatural but to wear a new mask to take it all in.

Noticing that she was getting more soap on herself, she sighed in annoyance and tried to wash it away. Unlike Jinn, Suishoku reacted a lot to her emotions even when under mission duties. That military style of Bugei didn't scrub that away from her while clinging to her civilian identity. Maybe if she stayed in Bugei longer or started earlier then she may turn out like Jinn. "So how old are you? You said you have been at this school for a long time. Even if you don't have a future, not that you care where some Noble or Clan wants to use you down the road thanks to this relic business or otherwise, that's just about as much of a waste of life as hiding away in this kitchen." The question forcibly dragging the topic and herself away from the grievances she harbored.

"Speaking off," Suishoku came onto a curious question to distract her further from her anger. She looked to the lone bento box on the counter with a brow raised at the lonely item then back at the pan she cleaned twice over. "where did you get the ingredients from to make this curry?"

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 04:33 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn may have been in bugei for a long time but the military aspects never clinged to him. On mission he went against the shogunate and higher ranks when he thought it was wrong in his spect of view. Jinn wasn't someone that fought for a purpose that was more then peace. Jinn fought for equality and for being able to do what you want to do. He didn't want people to be transformed into machines or some monkeys that did what they were told. It was weird for allot of people he fought for that.

Jinn looked to her when she asked how old he was followed by saying his life was a waste. Jinn didn't thought so. He lived his life his way and did what he wanted to do. "I am seventeen. The groceries though I got bought from a supermarket close by the school gates. It is fairly cheap though and has some great prices on food and drinks plus it is mostly cheaper then everything you can buy in the school." Jinn said friendly towards her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 05:03 PM

Platinum Poster

“So this is the product of someone starting earlier.” This was downright scary. He’s about closer in age to her cousin and all in a militant mindset. A mindset that did whatever they wanted with an untouchable air. She continued to not believe him as his attitude didn’t reflect of one who still has the noose of the shogunate around them. He may have carried out orders in the past but if there was conflict with an officer without justification then he may as well be part of those thugs who have been wandering the school lately. That untouchable air almost like that of a high class Noble. Very disturbing and scary for someone still managing a stable place of being.

“I know there are things cheaper but it isn’t about being cheap but what can be found.” Suishoku handed him the last pot and started drying off her hands. Afterwhich she moved herself away from him to stroll around the club room for a bit. There wasn’t much of an opportunity to see certain areas of the newly constructed school and this was one of them. Her ceremony club felt more into a thematic setting. More tatsmi, a proper harth, and areas for hanging kimono and so on. What was different about the home ec. room, was what she wondered on a personal level.

“But, that is good you bring your own ingredients. A club won’t take too kindly to have members take items and give nothing in return. Non-members especially.” If he didn’t say that then it was a robbery of goods. She went over tk the windows next to check the view from this floor. The ceremony room tend to have their windows closed to keep that tea ceremony atmosphere to sectioning off outside distractions. “Four years of training and cooking. You started cooking when coming here?”

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 03:47 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn started drying off the last pot and placed it calmly into the pot rack. Jinn calmly jumped and turned a bit so he started sitting on washing counter. He looked a bit around him seeing her strolling around the room. He started leaning back against the wall while he looked outside for a couple of seconds. He nodded towards her when she said it was good he brought his own stuff.

The moment she asked him if it he learned to cook here. He shook his head though. "I learned cooking from my parents. They thought me to cook when I was seven years old or something. They wanted to know for sure I could take care of myself when it my time to leave and cooking is a pretty basic yet necessary skill to have." He said with a small sigh at the end while he stared at the ceiling. His tone was still calm although there was some a little bit of sadness in it when he started about his parents.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 07:00 PM

Platinum Poster

Having something else to talk about really helped. The angry and stressed air around her eased off a bit when she settled herself by the window with half her attention on what was going on outside. “Sounds like good people. Most I cook is around at the dorms for volunteer work. I’d like to work at a cafe or something but nevermind.” Suishoku shrugged. It’s about time she let go of that thought. Working at a cafe and the cute outfits and nice food was just a hobby sort of thing. It’ll never be something a reality to walk to. Her eyes stared off at the sky and what the window could capture at this time.

“If you’re not going to join the Home Ec. club then it’s a shame to lose a chef like that. Maybe they’ll be a cooking contest so you can show off those hidden talents. Certainly would wow the audience. Maybe be some kind of wonder chef or cooking master! Traveling around after you leave Bugei.,” she chuckles lightly and turned to face Jinn now. Feeling more lighter than earlier. “Need help packing those lunches whereever you keep all that stuff?”

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 12:41 PM

Bugei Adventurer

JInn noded towards her. Doing valunteering work is good although he also though that people should chase their dreams but when he saw her shrugging it off big chance it wasn't important to her. Jinn pushed himself off the counter and walked towards his station. "Everyone should chase their dreams though." Jinn said towards her while walking towards his station

Jinn started packing his back with the food containers but still left one on the counter. "Nah I Got it." When everything was in his bag he would place the bag over his shoulder before grabbing the bento box he left on the counter. He would walk calmly towards her. "By the way, I left something for you if you want it." Jinn said towards her while he handed over the bento box. He would calmly turn around and walk towards the door. "Owh and make sure you boyfriend doesn't get jouleus." He said a bit teasing towards her before walking out the door

[exit

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 02:26 PM

Platinum Poster

“When dreams aren’t so heavily tied to uncertainty,” she folded her arms loosely. She watched each box disappear into his bag with upmost care. Usually this was held off for weapon care and studying but just to pack away proper meals says something. He really did take off this seriously. “Maybe when fully retired or something.” The cafe was just an idea but it won’t happen. The latest it could happen would be when she’s old. By then it would be roadside huts or something and less so on the cute outfits and treats. The fantasy can be just that as Suishoku had a hard time imagining the Shogunate or the Maeda letting go a Scion. Unless, maybe, if there was an accident with the relic or something. The thought of another frowned upon thing. Over use of relics weren’t exactly the most healthiest of merhods at higher levels.

Her eyes went from staring off at nothing to meeting Jinn’s and the bento box. “I haven’t forgotten it,” she smiled and accepted the gift. “It‘ll be a great meal at the office. Heh, I’ll try not to eat it on the way back. Thank you so much for today.” By office did she mean at Izuki-senpai’s work office where she spent time sorting the files there as intern for paperwork since normal classes were no longer mandatory beyong keeping up training and lectures in her selected track. She tucked the bento box under her arm and crossed the club room for the door as well after him as she wasn’t a member here to stay around.

“Oh?” His teasing made her smirk when closing the door after them. “A rumored pair sudden getting jealous. Hmm, never seen that side of him before. Heh heh, I kinda do want to see the look on his face when telling him who the master chef was. But I hope you do deliveries out in the field. I’d love to eat this again if I get stuck somewhere on a mission.” Suishoku grinned speaking honestly for every word. She waved him off and started making her rounds to the archery building first then to the third floor of the school with the precious bento box in tow.

(End thread)

--------------------

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY