Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Return of the dorms! [Opens], For those staying in Edo this year.
Grif
 Posted: May 30 2017, 06:12 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

Awards: None

Takuma nodded at Inori, before pouring another cup of hot chocolate. Carefully lifting the cups, he walked back to the couches. He passed Inori the freshly poured glass, "Here you go, careful it's hot."

He took his seat on the couch, and continued to drink is hot chocolate. "I don't know if I'll be exploring Edo that much. I think I'll just stick to the campus."

A new chance to explore the city would be nice, though it'd likely mean going with a group of friends or with a guide. Though it'd probably be wise to wait till the snow thawed, lest he end up freezing again.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 31 2017, 07:17 PM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

"Not sure." She wasn't aware of who the club staff were or if they had already changed hands. Knowing who didn't seem all that important at the time while being oblivious of the underlying fact that the previous

Mika sat back to let Takuma handle the cards while huddled up in the couch. He arrived just in time for the topic to shift about any good places in Edo. She thought about the topic a bit more than she would have liked to but in hindsight of it all, Mika didn't venture out into Edo all that much. Frequently it was for clothes or art supplies but the girl has become too narrow minded in just those areas. The rest of Edo didn't hold interest for her or held any meaning to go there alone.

"Is southern edo really that good?" She asked Inori. Her empty chocolate cup set on the edge of the playing table. "Is it a safe place to go alone?"

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 05:41 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

"Hey, thanks again!" Inori told Takuma when he handed her the cup. It was nice and toasty for this winter day, which made her quite happy. Anything that could be described as making someone comfy was something that Inori would be made happy by. Probably, anyway.

She waited a little bit before taking her first sip of the beverage - it was still hot enough then that she almost jumped in surprise. In the process she barely managed to avoid spilling a bit of her cocoa on the table. Looking just a bit bashful at that, she returned her attention to the cards again. What to do? It didn't look like she was going to make any headway this hand. The cards she had gotten weren't all that good, and she frankly wasn't sure what to do. After a little sigh at that hand she looked to Mika. She'd asked about Southern Edo, which was definitely a place that Inori knew all about.

"Oh sure, it's really fascinating to see stores and people from other parts of the world. Kind of an experience you can't have anywhere else in Edo! It's safe in my experience, but I would recommend going with a friend," Inori replied. She then tapped her finger on her chin lightly as she asked, "After this hand, I might step out for a moment to call my brother. He might want to meet everyone if he's around."

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:57 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 114

“Southern Edo…” Mirai tapped her chin in thought. The foreign establishments sounded particularly interesting; she hadn’t had much opportunity to properly try different foreign cuisines recently. It sounded like there might be a wide variety of places so that was a bonus too. “It sounds like a fun place.”

Mirai shuffled through her cards - it wasn’t going too badly this time, actually, and she probably had a decent chance at this hand. But she’d have to wait to see how it turned out.

Inori’s further descriptions of southern Edo in response to Mika’s question only had her wishing even more to go there. Upon the recommendation to go with a friend Mirai glanced around at the others at the table. Would any of them want to go with her once the weather was a little kinder? Maybe she could even ask Suishoku? But there was no point in trying to organise anything until they knew for sure there would be a day when it would be a bit less frosty outside so she figured she would try asking people later when she could set a definite time and day for it.

Inori mentioned her brother and Mirai nodded. “That’s all right, step out if you need to." She paused. "What’s your brother like?” It would be cool to meet yet another student so Mirai did hope that Inori’s brother would be able to stop by and meet them too.

--------------------
PM
^
Grif
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 06:29 AM

Takuma finished off his drink, "I'll probably go after this hand as well. I need to unpack, and make a few calls."

At the mention of brothers, Takuma frowned slightly. Growing up with out siblings was lonely, boring, and rather depressing. The things that Takuma missed out on, certainly had crossed his mind on several occasions.

He looked at his hand, shuffling cards before getting ready to reveal his hand. "If I don't get back down here after I unpack, it was certainly nice to meet you all. I can't wait to see you guys at the club meetings."

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 12:04 AM

Platinum Poster

"Hmm, yes," Mika nodded while taking mental notes. A friend would be most advisable to take outings with but who could she ask? First was that she couldn't ask her brother. This was just out of the question thanks to his rather active schedule lately. He's planning something for sure but his duties had been stacked toward his future lordship title that there was very little to see him as further family than blood.

Other the other people she knew of, there was that Kire. Kire seems easy to find but hard to ever see shopping out. Perhaps there is an attempt but Mika wouldn't use any tactics to cox him away from the work shop. There is still that knife on order she'll need to receive from him at a later date.

She sat cozy next to Takuma in her observations of the game. Plans about making a trip to southern Edo would be made for later and this sort of company was refreshing. Not to be rude to her Home Ec. companions but a different set of people won't cause much harm. As for the card game, she has learned the general idea of it and considered attempting a round. As the topic of brothers and family came up, Mika tilted her head slightly as she clenched her teeth to hold back fowl comments toward her own blood relative. "A fast break would bode well," she instead agreed once the three showed their hands for a winner. Takuma was getting ready to finish his unpacking and Inori with her phone call.

"I shall stay a moment to see as well," she informed Inori while getting up to throw her cup away. Some sleep after meeting this family member sounded good to her.

--------------------

PM
^
Suzu
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 06:19 AM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Inori frowned one last time as she decided that the hand she currently had was probably about the best she was going to get. Not worth exchanging something from her current hand for what she'd drawn from the deck. The two of hearts she'd taken from the top of the deck was discarded with all the ceremony of a blind mole attempting to paint inside of a paper bag. That done she set her hand down, revealing she'd gotten only a total of 10 for her hand. Easily beaten in this game. Shrugging off her defeat she smiled at Mirai's question.

"Shinsuke is.. well, he's really smart and super great at planning and organizing things. I bet he'd be a really good speaker, and I know he's really good at listening. Since he's a diplomatic track student I'm sure that's expected," Inori responded, giggling a little as she added, "He's also single and a lot of girls think he's cute."

With that her phone rang and she fumbled about with her belongings to find it. Having a huge collection of keychains that traveled with her everywhere didn't make it easy to find things in her bag. After a few moments she produced the phone and saw the number of the caller. Right before she tapped the phone to answer it, she winked at Mirai and the others. Coincidental timing, perhaps, but it was indeed her brother.

"Sorry, I need to take this call," she apologized, then stepped away to begin speaking to Shinsuke.

Todo Inori Exit Thread

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 04:07 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Takuma’s mention of unpacking was a reminder that Mirai herself still had bags next to her that would need unloading in her room. Mirai wished they could all keep playing but it seemed everyone had other things they needed to be doing - her included, admittedly. Oh well. She was sure they’d get a chance to play some other time, right? Or even if they did something other than play Inori’s card game it wasn’t like she’d never see these people again. Especially considering that many of them shared a club.

"If I don't get back down here after I unpack, it was certainly nice to meet you all. I can't wait to see you guys at the club meetings,” Takuma said.

Mirai nodded at this as she smiled. “Yeah, it’ll be great to see you there.”

She laid her cards on the table - she’d gotten a total of 21, better than Inori's, but whether it was better than Takuma's remained to be seen. She would lean towards him slightly to get a better look for the reveal of his hand. She couldn’t help but feel a stupid, almost childish excitement at seeing who the winner of the round would be.

Mirai nodded along as Inori described her brother. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. She’d certainly love to meet him sometime. She was going to say as much but was interrupted by a loud noise: it was Inori’s phone going off. It seemed it must be an important call as Inori had to hurry off to take it.

“Oh.”. Though she didn’t intend to, Mirai looked a little crestfallen for a moment. She would have liked if they could talk a bit more and say bye properly rather than abruptly. But soon a smile was plastered back on her face and she waved as Inori headed out to take the call. “See you around!”

So it seemed that both Takuma and Inori were going to be leaving soon; Mirai wondered if Mika would be departing as well. She had said she would be staying for a moment, but if everyone else was going to be leaving would that promise stay unchanged? “Have you unpacked yet?” she asked Mika. Mirai had only seen her when she’d approached their game, so Mirai wasn’t sure if the girl had come from outside or had already found her room in the dorms.

--------------------
PM
^
Grif
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 12:02 PM

Takuma revealed his hand, a grand total of 14 securing him 2nd place in this round. He passed his cards towards Mirai as Inori got up to take a phone call. "Well that was fun."

He looked back at his own bags, stretching his arms as he got off the couch. "Well, I hope to see you guys again. It was nice meeting all of you. Who knows, maybe next time we can play with 4 of us."

And with that, Takuma was picking up his bags, carefully piling them all on his shoulders and back. With a clunky and slightly noisy exit, Takuma vanished up the stairs.

Takuma Saito Exit Thread

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 01:10 AM

Platinum Poster

Mika observed and nodded while maintaining a polite smile. Inori felt like a nice girl to her and had to do her best to adopt the polite political stance to not burden these new people around her. Especially as the girl described her brother so thoughtfully. The way she described her brother reminded Mika of the positives that her brother had; looks, strength, sincerity. It almost made her want to contact her brother. Almost. Inori's phone went off with the very man in question on the line. She and the others bid her fare well when they left to take care of the call.

Mirai, Takuma, and Mika were left at the lounge. The card game was now declared finished with the left over pile laying out in the open. Mik alooked at the cards and found the game to have been pretty close between Takuma and Mirai as winners. A small grin appeared as she started to collect the cards and stack them up for Inori to pick up after their phone call. "There are still some things. Many of my things area in my room," she replied to Mirai about the topic of unpacking. "I had our house attendants assist with more bulky items. My supply bag there is the last of it." Resting near a couch corner was her art supplies in a packaged bundle bearing a Honda emblem on the wrapper for identification.

Their group began to shuffle at the mention of unpacking. While the hot chocolate, games, and warm atmosphere was welcomed, there was still the last bit of work to do. Takuma had a lot of gardening supplies with him and the basic luggage. He went ahead to take leave to unpack as needed. "Farewell," Mika waved him off and turned her head to Mirai as the last member of the card players. The idea of them all meeting again sounded like a welcome change Mika would need later on.

"We best be on our own ways." Mika carried out with Takuma's intents and Mirai's about unpacking. She rose up from her place formerly next to the male's and collected her art supplies to show Mirai that this was all she had with her. "I would like to see where your room is, if I may, to assist in your moving arrangements."

--------------------

PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 08:02 PM

Bugei Adventurer

She’d won? It was a surprising result, but despite herself something of a grin began to spread across her face. “It was a lot of fun,” she said, nodding to agree with Takuma’s comment. “Thank you for playing.” She wished she’d also thanked Inori for suggesting the game, but that would have to wait until the next time she saw her considering that Inori had already left.

“See you, Saito-san!” Mirai said with a wave as he departed. He seemed like a nice enough guy and Mirai was glad she’d had the chance to meet him - the more people she knew at the school the better, even if they were only people she knew casually it was good to be able to put more names to the faces she’d be seeing around the school once classes resumed after the winter break.

With Takuma’s departure it was just the two girls left out of the group. Mika had already begun to gather up the cards, but Mirai collected a few of the ones closer to her to give Mika a hand. Mirai glanced over at Mika’s bag as she mentioned that it was the only one she had left. “That’s good. It should be pretty easy to carry the rest of your stuff up then, huh?” Seeing her own bags dumped next the couch and remembering how awkward it was to try and carry them all herself, Mirai almost wished she still had some kind of helper like Mika said she had or like she would have had if she was back at home - but no, part of being here was that she would have a chance to do things on her own, wasn’t it?

Mirai rose and started to gather her bags when Mika suggested helping her with her things - true, it would be nice to have the help. She didn’t want to burden Mika but the girl seemed pretty insistent about helping so she didn’t bother trying to argue against it. “Oh - thank you so much. My things are just here.” Her stuff was piled right next to the couch so it probably would have been pretty obvious that it was hers, but she still gestured at it anyway. Out of the three bags, Mirai grabbed two of them and made sure to grab the two she knew were the heaviest to leave the lighter one for Mika should she choose to carry one. “My room was a couple of floors up, so I think we’ll need to take the lift…” Once all her bags were accounted for, Mirai would look around for a moment to find the door to the girls’ side of the dorms and begin to head for it. "I wonder what the room will look like - have you seen yours yet?"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 12:13 PM

Platinum Poster

Mika collected her art supplies and then shuffled over to see about Mirai's. She waited for the other girl to take up which of the three bags before choosing the left over. "This lift is an awfully handy device," she commented as she tested the last bag's weight. It may have been light for Mirai but for the thinner girl, this bag was near her limits of weight including the art supplies. Mika needed a moment of finding the best way to carry both before joining Miria for the dorm walkway. The walkway was divided with one for the girls and one for the guys. A clear and encased bridge where it was possible to see across the way of Edo and the men's bridge on the left.

"The room and board isn't bad actually," Mika replied frankly. The basic dorm rooms had a few extra things that was almost generous of the school. The dorm room itself was almost akin to a single apartment style save for anything of a larger bath than a mini shower and tub, toilet. No kitchen of course as the dorms had its own open kitchen for students. The girls would soon come across one of the dorm teachers at the end of the bridge. The woman didn't judge them much as there were no men in company but greeted them in welcome and registered Mirai as new arrivals.

After a very brief encounter with the dorm teacher, Miria and Mika headed for the lift to drop of Mirai's things. Mika observed what button the other girl would press to note that they weren't far from each other. A hallway's length really. "Are these all the things you brought home?" Three items of luggage seemed awfully light for a girl to be carrying.

--------------------

PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 02:36 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Mirai nodded to Mika’s comment about the lift, shrugging a shoulder to adjust the lay of the strap. “Carrying all this up stairs would be exhausting, I’m glad there’s a lift.”

She started out along the walkway, then stopped for moment when she saw Mika was behind to give the other girl a chance to catch up.

That was good to hear, then, that the rooms were pretty nice. Mirai had already experienced living in the apartments for awhile, but she hadn't had a chance to see any of the dorm rooms since the place had been rebuilt and she wondered how it would compare. Especially considering that these dorms would be her home for a longer period and not just the month or two she’d lived at the apartment for.

Mirai gave the dorm teacher a smile once they were done. “Thank you,” she said, inclining her head to the teacher and continuing down the hallway to the lift.

“Yes, this is everything I have from home,” she said with a shrug. She hadn’t really thought about how much stuff she had compared to everyone else. She had her kendo gear, the katanas and the wakizashi she’d been given, clothes (though notably not too many of those - she'd left most of them at home and had only taken with her some of the simpler garments) and a few other necessities such as a hairbrush. Perhaps that wasn't much but Mirai had never been too fond of owning more things than was necessary. "Thank you again for helping with it."

Mirai entered the lift and pressed the button for her floor. "Are you on the same floor or a different one?" she asked, curious to see if it would be easy for Mika to help drop Mirai's third bag at her room or if the other girl would have to go out of her way to help.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere