Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 3/8/2017Spring has come. The war with the Ikko Ikki monks has begun! The Bugei students set off to various areas of Japan in the first war the country has seen in nearly 200 years! What will happen as monks and samurai clash? FIND OUT!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Stand Off (Kitsu)
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 08:42 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Bu didn't like this place, which wasn't really saying much. The school was a prison, a prison with a lot more freedom perhaps but a prison nonetheless. A lot of new rules, new territory, and new groups that had to be allied with, subdued, or destroyed as the case may be. And she wasn't particularly well equipped for any of those options. Especially the last one, but then, that wasn't why she was here. She was there because....because she was a thug, let's be honest. She was a thug, she didn't follow the rules, and that kind of attitude might be needed to fight off some rebel cult.

She missed her gang, her bike, her everything but then she had made the decision and been prepared to accept the consequences. She'd expected real prison and gotten this school. Best to just treat it like prison for ease of adjustment. One of the things she'd been taught before the old commander went off trading bars for stripes was that you had to make friends when you went to a new territory. Make yourself known, make it known that you were not going to be pushed around or taken advantage of while still showing that you understood that you were the visitor, that you were intruding.

In an effort to be diplomatic, Bu had done some asking around and found that there were several groups around the city, but she didn't care for most of them. Besides, she needd to meet with the one who held things up at the academy grounds first and foremost. So she'd sent out a message requesting that the leader of Iga Revival meet her on the roof. One leader to another. She didn't bother saying to come alone, though she hoped he would. If things went wrong, the last thing she wanted was to have to fight a whole gang by herself, not that it would stop her.

She wanted to put on a calm front, but it was hard in the unfamiliar clothing. THe uniforms here were crap, she'd gotten her sleeves rolled up and it was half unbuttoned and hanging open, but wearing it at all made her feel like an idiot. But she couldn't stir the pot too much too quickly. She was supposed to be staying out of trouble.

Bu looked out towards the city. She'd been told that there were cultists everywhere and anywhere, but she couldn't see it. Rooting out a conspiracy was not where her talents lay. But, at the very least, when they did strike, one person could be ready for them. Then maybe she could go back home and be free, or take a bike and go around the country. She would not supplant the new commander, it was not her place, it was against her code.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 10:16 AM

Story Teller

Member No.: 28

Kitsu almost couldn't be bothered. He had received a summons to appear on the school roof by another student, he assumed, but they used the name of his newly formed group. As he dressed himself, he didn't bother wearing the school uniform, but opted for his day to day wear instead, dressing in his flowered, red Kimono and black arm guards. He finished dressing by holstering his gun into it's silk holster, and slid his beaten up sword into his sash and made his way to the academy.

He sighed and moved through the early morning sunlight, patchy sections of fog still lingering in the cool air. He didn't bother asking any of the other members of his small gang to show up, mainly because he didn't fear anyone else for any reason. He was always confident in his ability to fight and shoot, and if you live after getting shot by a .54 caliber bullet, you probably aren't going to keep fighting him. He smiled as this thought passed through his head, but he soon reached the academy steps.

He made his way through the building and to the nearest stairway, he wondered what the issue was that would call him out to such a location. Public yet private at the same time. A duel? Had he caused someone issues enough to want to fight him? He shook his head to get the thought out. It couldn't be that, he had been a gang leader for a while now, but so far he had just gotten some 'protection' payments going with local businesses. Whatever it was, it was probably a good idea to use his slightly intimidating appearance to make sure it didn't turn ugly.

He reached the top of the step of the stairway, the door in front of him labeled 'roof access'. He took a deep breath before mumbling to himself, "Time to put on the charm." He pushed the door open roughly, and walked onto the roof, squinting in the light difference between the dimly lit stairwell and the sunlit roof. The wind blew against him lightly, and he gave his best 'why are you bothering me' look as he glanced around the rooftop the best he could.

He identified that it was a girl, that was alone. He hung his arm in his kimono, letting the sleeve dangle in the breeze. The arm to a trained person was ready to grab a gun or a sword as soon as anything went south, and would be able to move freely. He walked over and stood about five feet from the girl and remained silent for a moment. His face was stoic but stern, and his eyes somehow full of life, but dead and cold at the same time and the Iga clan crest on his leather collar shined brightly, a testament to both his gang and his family line.

"What?"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 12:13 PM

Story Teller

Bu had prepared herself for this, the arrival, but she still had to mentally chase away the butterflies. She faced the man down and took a good look while he walked out. Definitely could see why he was the leader of a gang, he had that swagger and confidence that was so important to ruling a bunch of rowdy people who didn't like taking orders from authority. He also looked geared up for a fight, that could be dismissed though, the real scary people were the ones who were casual in unknown situations. Especially on a campus full of kids with artifacts. You never knew what could come out of those sleeves.

But she would not be cowed, she had called this meeting, it was up to her to initiate properly. "Ah'm Rakuyama Buru." She said, making some effort at toning down her accent and folded her arms across the chest. "Mehking a formal announcement to the leader of the Iga Revival that the leader of the Welsh Rabbits has arrived for an extended stay on campus. Ah hope we can avoid stepping over each other in the future."

Certainly she didn't want to cause any real trouble, getting into it with another gang was bound to draw attention and she'd be the one blamed for it with her luck. Then she'd be all out of luck and probably on her way to prison or worse. She hadn't gotten much about the Iga Revival gang but she hoped they weren't the sort who just spread out over territory pointlessly, not that Bu was looking to set up a new gang or territory, but she was who she was and she liked having a team around her especially with the threat of a fight against an actual enemy on the horizon.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 12:54 PM

Story Teller

Kitsu looked up and down the girl, her accent having a twang he wasn't used to. His eyes narrowed up as she spoke about being a gang leader of the 'Welsh Rabbits'. She would finish up her explanation of why she was here, and he would stay silent for a while, thinking about his next words carefully. A rival gang leader, and a new player at that. He sighed deeply before talking.

"First rule of being a gang here, no one owns the academy. It's a neutral zone unless you want the government sending Scions out to get you." And it made sense that it was neutral, considering the government surveillance and control. When someone says scions, most of the time they think of the students here, but it had to be considered that there were professional, graduated Scions that were working closely with the government.

"Currently Iga revival owns a large portion in Eastern Edo, look around for the double arrow fletching to know where my boarders are." He would ponder again carefully. "What do you intend to do with a gang here?" This question was important. Kitsu's gang is designed to actually protect the territory he controls. He was trying to revive his clan, but in a legally questionable way.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 01:41 PM

Story Teller

Bu nodded. "Noted." Didn't want to deal with the government any more than she had to or already had been forced to. Nothing good came from that as she knew all too well. On the plus side, it hadn't turned into threats, posturing, or even a brawl so that was definitely a good development when it came to diplomacy between gangs. Not to mention, having a mandated neutral zone was always useful when it came to meetings, and considering the neutral zone was basically also at home, that meant a lot less paranoia about sabotage. Which wasn't to say she would let her guard down, neutral zone just meant you couldn't afford to get caught.

As for her reasons to be here...Bu thought it over for a short time, letting the silence build again. The truth was simple enough, and confessing it would help sell the point that she was trying to make, that she was not here to steal territory or expand. On the other hand, if enough people knew what her goal was, it could be more difficult. That was the trouble with secret missions. However, she ought not to care. Disenfranchised as the kids in a gang tended to be, no true leader wanted to see their people drawn into a pointless slaughter.

"Don'cha worry too much about us. Ah've been sent here after a small incident to prove that me an mine are not any danger to the shogunate. Ah've been told to see if there are any Ikko-Ikki infiltrating the school or building up forces in the town and, if possible, sort it out, doncha know."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 02:07 PM

Story Teller

Kitsu's brow furrowed. "Don't tell me what not to worry about. You called me here." The fingers of the arm propped up in his kimono rubbed the butt of his gun idly as he spoke, almost like a worry stone to relieve stress, but it could very obviously be taken as a threat. "You wouldn't have called me here to tell me not to worry about you." He continued to rub the worn handle of his pistol as he continued to think.

"The Ikko-Ikki are a temporary threat, one that doesn't require a gang to move in. They are taken care of by students of this academy, which although includes you, does not include the necessity to create a new gang." He would try to think about any recent events with any gang affiliation with the name Welsh Rabbits, but came up empty. Obviously not a local gang to Edo or Iga as far as he could tell.

"Secrecy during a meeting like this could get you killed, but I'll give you another chance. Lets ask the question another way..." He would pause for a moment to assess the other person's body language before continuing. Miss Rakuyama. Where's home?" He caught himself getting a little loose with his vocabulary. He was from a rural area and could be seen as a country boy by most, but time with his boyfriend, Hideyoshi, rubbed off on him enough to speak formally when dealing with business. Most of the time.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 02:45 PM

Story Teller

Macho posturing and paranoia, though she had no doubt that he could back it up with actions. Bu sighed with just as much, if not more, exasperation. "It's being polite, ya know, even if it's going to be a short visit, to let somebody know you're going to be passing through their territory. Make sure there ain't gonna be any accidents because the king of the jungle didn't know another predator was taking a shortcut." She frowned at him. "So yah, I'm here, setting up this meeting, to tell you that Ah don't want to cause you any trouble so yah don't have to worry about me stepping on your toes."

"And Ah wasn't sent here to start a new gang. Had a good gang before too. Fact, the punk cop who sponsored me here probably doesn't want me starting a new gang. Probably hoping sitting here with the noble and polite folks will turn me into a model soldier. Home is on the road, home's garage is Tanagura up in the hills."

She smiled and leaned back against the fence guard. "Far as Ah've heard, the students at the academy aren't doing so well at dealing with the Ikko-Ikki. Got a pretty good attack on the shogun not so long ago, so Ah'm here now, if one technique isn't working, try another." The guy was clever, he was looking for angles. Bu didn't particularly like angles, she liked a straightforward charge. "Ah don't have any secrets that concern you. Ah've told you that I'm here and why. There may be a temporary threat but Ah'm a temporary treatment. Soon as they get cleared out to my sponsor's satisfaction, sooner Ah can move on with my life."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 07:44 AM

Story Teller

"I hate meetings," Kitsu stated bluntly. "And I especially hate pointless meetings. You called me here to say hi." He turned around and started walking away. "I'm going back to bed. It's too early for this crap. You got something important to say, you better catch my interest now." This was a major bluffing maneuver that will end in the young gang lord's favor either way. Either he gets information that will keep is interest and make this meeting worthwhile, or he'll get to go back to the dorm room and sleep in. Win-win.

He kept one hand on his pistol as he walked away in a slow and calm manner, he knew one thing, is never to turn your back on a potential enemy unless you're ready for a quick death, and with so much work to do to build up his budding empire, he couldn't afford that. He was going to have some of his people tail this new gang leader however. It was important to remember: Keep your allies close, and your enemies closer.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 03:00 PM

Story Teller

Well, all things considered, the guy had his goals set straight as far as Bu was concerned. Sleep was better than politics though now that she was at a proper school that she couldn't afford to slack off in, she'd probably be getting up a lot earlier than she liked a lot more often. She wasn't exactly pleased by the reception though, if she were back home, maybe she'd have picked a fight, but here it was very much near his territory, and like he'd said, this was neutral ground. No reason to start a fight from a point of weakness.

That didn't stop her from getting a little heated. She tighted her hands into fists and counted down in her head from ten. A few granules of sand began to trickle from her palms. That was weird, she'd have to get used to that and all the other aspects of her new powers. But it did let her focus her mind on something that wasn't annoyed anger so she did.

She managed to speak without gritting her teeth. "Ah'm not here to fight you and I don't want a turf war to get in the way of anything. Ah stay out of your business and you stay out of mine in return." She glared at him as he walked away, not missing his hand on the weapon. She didn't think he'd use it, not unprovoked, but you had to be careful and a detail like that was not to be overlooked. "Have a nice nap."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 07:41 AM

Story Teller

Kitsu could tell he was getting to her. And emotions were a key playing piece in conversations like this. After she said have a nice nap, he stopped walking. "Now see, here's the problem, little missus," He turned back around. "You don't know my business, and I don't know yours. But I own territory that tells you where to stay away from." His voice was extremely condescending as if spelling out something for a child. "Unless I know your business, even a small bit of it, I can't be sure if me and the boys can stay out of it."

He would turn around again to face her. "Now if you would like to tell me what kind of things you want to do, we can benefit each other. You want territory here, even temporary, say the word and my boys'll mark you a spot. You need people, say the word. You can borrow some until you get your own." He was a bit frustrated at this point.

"It all boils down to this. I can either have another student running the streets with me, or I can have crazy ass people like 'King' from Eastern Edo, who thought he was so invincible he killed innocent people in front of me." His hand gripped his pistol hard enough to turn his knuckles white. "I just need you to tell me what you want here. You're here until your family doesn't pose a threat anymore, I'm guessing, so you better stop thinking this is temporary."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 03:56 PM

Story Teller

He was asking for a fight, she was itching for a fight, she could not afford to get into a fight. Buru was going to have to go find some way in the area to let off some steam somehow. There was bound to be something, maybe do a bit of screaming at karaoke or something, she didn't know enough about the area to find a fighting gym that would let her train there and she had no interest in working out at the school gym where there would be proper rules and other crap she'd have to learn. She just wanted to hurt and be hurt until the stress melted away.

"Ah don't want your territory, Ah don't want your people, and Ah don't particularly care about what side you think Ah'm on." She took a deep breath, as she grew less controlled, her accent started to thicken. Whoever this King was, he sounded like bad news and possibly a good place to start. But then, if this guy was anything like her or the old commander, King would be out of the picture.

"Ah already told you what my business is. Made it nice and clear. Ah'm here to penetrate the seedy side of the city, see if the Ikki are getting support from any gangs in the area. She dropped her hands to her sides and forced herself to hold them open, no more clenching fists. "So Ah'll be all over your territory and everyone else' besides. So you betcha this is going to be temporary, cause it ain't my family in trouble here, just me. And Ah ain't very pleased to be here, no-sirree."

She raised her hand and pointed at Kitsu. "Ah'm here because I am dangerous, so don't forget that. But Ah'm here, right now, up on this stupid roof on this stupid school because Ah ain't completely stupid. Ah don't want to go around picking fights cause Ah think Ah'm so great. If there's any real justice in the world, your King fella laying in a dump somewhere or at least underground like mine. Ah'm trying to be polite because Ah'll be stepping on a whole lotta toes in the future and Ah want to avoid making as many enemies as I can before that happens."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 11:14 AM

Story Teller

He gritted his teeth, and his calm demeanor completely shattered. Gonna hunt some Ikki, huh? And you think I'M supporting them, EH?!" He took a few steps forward and drew his pistol. "Forget about fightin' words, them's dyin' words." He would shoot his pistol off to the side, hitting a piece of the concrete railing of the roof. It chipped a surprisingly large portion of the railing off, a clear threat. "You think you're dangerous?" A crazy grin you expect from a serial killer or a patient in an insane asylum spread across his face. "Don't make me laugh."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 11:24 AM

Story Teller

She flinched as the shot went off, he was a quick draw, hot damn, he was a really quick draw. Good thing he hadn't just shot her or she'd be in trouble, artifact or not. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She shouted at him. "If Ah thought you were the freaking Ikko Ah wouldn't have told you Ah was here." She cursed harshly when she turned back and looked at the damage the shot had caused. This was not going to look good on her record, it was going to be bound to come up. "You want to fight then lets go have a scrap down in the field or something, proper square and no tricks." She took a wild stab in the dark. "You go around doing this and your revival is gonna get stalled by a few years behind bars."

She looked back at the broken barrier and cursed again. "Neutral you said, Ah didn't even come armed for this stupid meeting. Haven't you got any rules to follow?"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 11:01 PM

Story Teller

"Rules?" The redhead laughed. "Rules are for the weak and powerless." As far as it being neutral, he didn't even explain it. It should be obvious by the fact that there were absolutely no gang markings around. It was a neutral spot as far as no one is allowed to own the school as a territory, but killing each other was fair game.

"The only thing that matters is respect and honor. Both have to be earned around here, gang or not." He holstered his pistol. "You want a scrap, fine. Maybe it'll be the one reason I don't kill you." He put up a tough front, but that was to keep the upper hand in negotiations. In the back of his head things had been stale since he became a leader. He had people do things for him and barely had to make appearances to fight in public. Ever since the gang uprising in East Edo, things had grown stale, and the sound of a one on one brawl was interesting.

"I'll fight you. And because you're unarmed, I'll be unarmed." Even as he said this, he didn't remove his arms, just adjusted them on his waist to have a hard time drawing them efficiently. He then took his other arm out of his kimono, and let the top half hang down around his waist, revealing his muscular upper body, and clearly exposing the white abdomen bandages he wore as well. "I'll let you take the first swing." he didn't take a stance, or even seem threatened by the idea of a fist fight at this point. Just stood and faced the leader of the Welsh Rabbits.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 01:47 AM

Story Teller

She almost smiled, finally they were getting somewhere. She didn't much care for this guy's attitude but at least she was going to get to let loose a little steam. "You're right." She said and began to unbutton the rest of her top, revealing her own bandages, though they started much further up and didn't go so far down. "Rules are for the weak and powerless. For their benefit, doncha know." She cracked her knuckles and neck. "Mercy is a luxury afforded to the strong, if you pick on weaker opponents all the time it just shows you're scared." She began walking toward him.

"Strong people like me gotta have rules." She stopped in front of the boy. "Gotta set limits or else you become no different than the Ikki who will sacrifice anyone to get what they want. Power isn't to subjugate the people who can't challenge you, it's to challenge the people who are making things bad from the start." She could understand that need though, the need to have control so bad that you don't care who hurts along the way, she had felt it so strong but her rules had been there, her walls had held it back, and the only person who ended up suffering was herself, well, and the guy she shot but he didn't count, he wasn't a person.

The thought had crossed her mind to use her artifact, certainly it was technically unarmed since it wasn't a weapon. But she ignored the idea. The guy was pretty muscular but she felt confident that she could take him. She was no slouch either and fistfights were her bread and butter, certainly she'd been in enough of them. She preferred the chain for real fights but nothing like flesh against flesh. And he was being kind enough to give her the first strike. Bu was noble in her own way. She had rules, she had a code she lived by, and she believed in proper fighting. That said, rules were for protecting the weak from the strong who should be making real change in the world. Altogether, none of it added up to properly fair fighting. Buru dropped to her knees suddenly and through out a quick jab towards his testicles. It was usually a good way to get rid of a guy or get a quick upper hand.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Get Ink'd! My Hero Academia Roleplay Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis LIGHT IT UP .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES DELTA CROSS UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH MASQUERADE Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow SHOWDOWN! Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule Missing Frames Koi no Yokan RWBY-AU Those Among Us Battle Born Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Temporal Deadzone Bravelink All of Me Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo