Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

September 30, 1581; Hijiyama Castle; Northern Iga, The Second Tenshō Iga War
Kitsu
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 02:07 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Awards: None

OOC: This is the backstory of Momochi, Kitsu's ancestor, Momochi, Sandayu's, last stand against the armies and allies of Oda Nobunaga, at the Hijiyama castle in 1581. Rumors say that Sandayu lived to tell the tale, but other rumors say that he died here. This is a fictional account that is based on the little known information about the Southern leader of the Iga Ninja Clan, and his fateful battle with Oda Nobunaga's military force.

A mysterious looking man stood on a balcony of Hijiyama Castle, looking out to the horizon. He wore dark colored leather armor, and had a sword and a Tanegashima pistol on his waist. It was near dusk, and he could see the fires burning in the distance. The lines on his face showed a lifetime of stress and worry, but were accented now as he thought of the lives that had been lost, and were still being lost. Shrines...homes...bodies. Nothing was safe from the hell-fire that was brought with this war. The shoji door slid open on the other side of the room, and a knelt figure was on the other side, dressed in similar armor, but with a mask to cover his face. "Momochi-sama. We are surrounded. They have troops in every direction, and--" The figure in the window put his hand up to silence the ninja in the doorway. The figure that watched the horror unfolding across the Iga province was Momochi, Sandayu, one of the three leaders of the Iga ninja. More specifically the Southern clans.

"I'm well aware of our situation," Sandayu said with a sigh. "Seems that Oda is a little pissed at us. Scouts say that they are calling it "Pacification of Iga". It's barbaric." Sandayu would turn around. "How long until they arrive at the castle?" The ninja in the doorway winced visibly, and remained silent for a moment. A sharp look from Sandayu told the ninja that he had better speak up. "The survivors have already retreated into the castle, and are in the courtyard. We are prepping any artillery units we have left to defend the walls, and--" A gunshot, and a bullet whistled through the air and into the floor in front of the ninja before an angry Sandayu shouted, "I SAID....how......long." The ninja fell backwards from his knelt stance. "Within the hour, SIR!" The ninja then quickly retreated from the floor, disappearing down the stairs.

"You should be nicer to your troops, Sandayu." Another ninja walked into the room, coming up the same stairs that the previous one had fled down. "Don't need your sass, Kenji," Sandayu said with an irritated tone. "Especially not from you." Kenji, clad in armor that also resembled the same dark colors, walked closer and put a hand on Sandayu's shoulder. "As a friend, I just wanted to be the first to say I told you so," Kenji would let out a snicker. "See, that's the sass I'm talking about," Sandayu would say with a twitching brow, "How was I supposed to know that Oda would get mad that I beat his brother?" The Iga leader folded his arms before looking out the window again. Shouts could be heard from the invading armies, as well as from the ninja who were fighting the good fight. "So what are we going to do then," Kenji asked with a serious tone now. Sandayu said nothing. He just stood and looked out to the walls of the castle, where rifles began to fire.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>Three Hours Later<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The white kimono he wore over his armor fluttered as Sandayu made his way as fast as he could down the stairs of the castle to see what he had left to defend the castle. Kenji had separated from Sandayu, and headed to the wall to lead the defense there. The Iga leader arrived on a balcony overlooking the large courtyard. He was surprised to see so many civilians and ninja, at least a hundred of them. Some of them wounded, others fine, but shaken. He stood silently for a moment. A cannon could be heard firing in the distance, one of their own from the sound of it. He would approach the railing of the balcony that overlooked the courtyard and would hold his hands up. "To all who can still fight," he paused and waited for everyone to calm down. "There are men outside who want to destroy our way of life. Lets fight for what we have in our small, but proud province." He was never one for motivational speeches.

There were a few rallied yells from the large group, but otherwise morale was still low. He sighed to himself and turned his back on the conglomeration of ninja and civilians below. More cannon fire. Something was off about this volley though...it sounded... Sandayu narrowed his eyes, surely they weren't in range yet. The shock waves of a boom vibrated through the air, and in a few moments, a wounded Kenji arrived in the courtyard, running through the crowd. Sandayu jumped from the railing and landed in the courtyard, meeting Kenji as he collapsed just as he reached the Iga leader. He was bruised and bloody, and had a large caliber hole in his abdomen.

Sandayu looked around frantically, "MEDIC! DOCTOR!" No one would step forward. Back in those days medical personnel and doctors were not common. After a few moments, a priest would step forward and sit down, beginning to recite sutra. Sandayu would push the priest away, "Get the hell out of here, he's not dying!" Kenji coughed up some blood during a struggled laugh, As a friend...I hate to tell you..." he would cough again, holding his side as he did so. Sandayu would forcibly move his friend's hand to inspect the wound. "I told you, bastard, I don't need your sass..." he was holding back tears at this point. A childhood friend being killed, it breaks even the strongest warriors. "Shut up, idiot," Kenji choked out, "The cannons are here. Oda has cannons..." Sandayu looked at his friend in shock. "Is the gate...," he hesitated to ask the question, but just as he was about to ask, the door to the courtyard was pushed open by a messenger, dressed in Oda military gear.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>To Be Continued<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere