Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Mission 6: ?
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Oct 27 2017, 12:38 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

It was one of the later students that entered. Yoru Izumi had arrived quite late to the main school building. Inside Izumi would see two people who had been standing around for quite a while. One being Matsushina, the other being Bu. For now the first floor of the school building was empty save for the staff and now these three. Honda Matsushina,Rakuyama Buru, and Yoru Izumi. The three must have known they would be called since they happened to be the only three left.

Though as they waited nothing would come. The students didn't move, the staff didn't move. No cold wind with a message, no bloody illusion. Nothing would happen to the students at all. In fact, as the students looked around something strange would start happening. What had been a full table earlier now looked completely flat as it suddenly fell over on the floor. All of the faculty and students also fell over to reveal themselves to be cardboard cut outs. One by one everything around them started falling over from the shoe lockers, to the walls, the elevator shaft opening, and soon the entire building fell away revealing itself to just be flat cardboard and leaving the students out in what appeared to be the middle of nowhere. Standing in the middle of the night in a cold wheat field the three students would be able to see a small wooden shed with a lantern light on far off in the distance.

Aideen
Matsushina
Fairy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Oct 29 2017, 10:52 AM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Bu was feeling pretty excited by the upcoming events. It was her chance to really let loose, to party, to see some excitement, maybe even to punch somebody. It was a common reaction to a scare, just a quick punch in the face. Maybe they'd punch her back, it would be a real brawl. Her in her sunday best, her sunday best being her old yankee outfit, and them as a zombie or ghoul or some kind of monster. It'd be fun and it would look like something out of a cheap horror film. That'd be awesome.

She'd dressed up like a classic yankee, not because she entirely wanted to but because it was what she had. Her coat had been burnt up in the civil war so she'd pulled out her old stuff from when she was first getting started in her gang. Of course, when she wore it before she had needed to roll up her school skirt to get that punk look. Now she could wear it at full length and it still looked short. There were some good sides to puberty after all. Her old jacket did not fit at all, that was a losing battle she decided not to fight the moment she pulled it out of her closet. Instead, she had it draped over her shoulders like a cape.

Annoyingly, everyone else was getting a chance to leave while she was stuck in the one place. Were they scared of her? They ought to be scared but that was no reason to avoid her. She wanted to have some fun. So, as time went on and she still wasn't assigned to a group, she became more and more annoyed. Finally, something happened. The world seemed to fall away and she, plus two others, were alone in a field. She looked around and stuck her hands into the band of her skirt. "Looks like it's our turn."

Something about this seemed familiar though, then she remembered, the damn mummy guy that had done the whole brain hallucination thing back during the battle. Nothing had been real. This seemed a lot like that. "Hey," she called to the others, because better safe than sorry, "if you see a rotting mummy guy, let me know, I need to punch him in the face."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Matsushina
 Posted: Nov 1 2017, 11:04 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 36

As he thought, there's only him and a handful of other students left; along with a number of staff around them, Kana and Naomi had been assigned to their selected groups and went on their way. Leaving him behind. Though, if he were to look carefully the first floor is certainly empty, with him and a very small number of students around him. He's expecting to be called and assigned into a group with the students there, but as surprising as it comes; no such thing happened, they weren't called at all. He remained calm, collected and composed at all times.

"My, my, what's the delay?" Said Matsu with seemingly limitless patience.

In fact, the area has become much more chilly than previously. None of the staffs moved, none of the students did either. As he inspected even more carefully, what was once a table fell suddenly to the ground, completely flat instead of being full like previously. And in turn, all of the faculty and remaining students save for two fell, revealing themselves to be cardboard cut outs. Everything seem to unravel before him, everything around him fell apart. He was still trying to figure out what's going on, but he think the mystery is the charm of it all; to find out what exactly is happening around him. He then felt even colder, and suddenly a breeze hit him; the scene changed, as the building fell apart quicker around him, revealing a cold wheat field. He would walk in circle for a little while, in his own spot.

He saw a source of light in the distance not long after doing that. "I see, so we should go there..." He muttered under his breath, while looking at the other two students. He then looked at the female student and responded to her comment. "Indeed, it's our turn." He responded with perceivable poise. "A rotting mummy guy? Hm, what could that mean?" He thought to himself. "Okay sure, I will inform you if I meet that rotting mummy person."

He bobbed his head in a nodding motion as he moved closer to her side.

There was not even a slight sign of worry, but more of joy on him.

--------------------

PM
^
Fairy
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 07:28 PM

Member No.: 156

Confused seemed to have become his natural state since entering the academy. Izumi remembered having a weird head and trying to scare people. Next thing he knew the surroundings around him started to drop like flies. The building and people made way to reveal the night sky. As if the entire thing was an elaborate trick. Thoroughly impressive in his book.

To have the gall to do this to a prankster such as I is comical. If another person is strong enough to trick me like this. I wonder if they would enjoy the tricks I keep up my sleeve. Vengeance shall be mine.

The responses from the only two people drew his focus. “Sure, if I see a mummy I will let you know. Although if I do see a mummy. I will have to start making sure my tea is not spiked with some crazy drugs.” Izumi spoke back. Was he sure that the girl was joking? No. Did he really want to double check and find out? Not really. It was more fun to just go with it. As for the girl? or maybe a really feminine guy. Izumu believed she meant their turn to be pranked or sacrificed. He was still not sure what was going on. Izumi really needed to start paying more attention to details at times. Izumi may have even noticed the difference in school attires if he did.

He shivered again as a cool breeze hit him. The skirt was really a terrible idea in his book. Thinking it better to just be in the form covered with fur. A puff of smoke appeared around him as his little white fox form sat where he was. “Now ladies I think we should head over there.” Izumi continued like people turning into animals was an often occurrence. With his enhanced senses, it was easier to see a light in the distance along with a faint buzzing sound.

Izumi started trotting towards the light before stopping. Remembering his manners. “The name is Yoru. I am a first year here recently transferred, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintances.” He tried bowing fast, instead, he slammed his snout into the ground hard. Forgetting that he was small in this form made accidents common at times. Izumi brought a forepaw up to his snout and rubbed it a little to ease the pain.

--------------------
Yoru, Izumi -The Performing Trickster
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 04:26 PM

Administrator

(OOC: I wish someone would have told me this updated. lol. for some reason the system didn't. I'm really sorry guys.)

The walk to the cabin would be an unpleasant one. Around them was nothing but a snow storm and almost utter darkness out. No moon was visible in the sky and in the far distance they would be able to see thick woods and even, possibly, hear wolves howling. Though it was hard to tell exactly if it was really wolves, or simply the wind.

To quickly make clear this wasn't an illusion the group will feel the cold wind on their bodies and both hear and feel the snow crunch under their feet as they moved from the cardboard cut outs of the school to the wet snow. In the distance the cabin seemed surprisingly European in design, though it had a Chinese lantern hanging from it with the character for fire drawn in black ink upon the lantern. The cabin was made of thick wood and had a smoking chimney on top of it. The over all size was that of a small one floor home.

Inside the cabin they wouldn't be able to see movement, but two windows clearly had light visible inside. The windows themselves seemed extremely fogged over making seeing inside impossible. Coming from the cabin was the smell of a pot roast.

Aideen
Matsushina
Fairy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 05:49 PM

Elite Member

"Nah, see, the mummy isn't an illusion. I met him back during the war. He stabbed me in the chest." She said as she started walking towards the cabin. "Ah punched him in the face and stuff but Ah started thinking, maybe one punch wasn't enough, ya know?" She was mostly talking to the guy on the assumption that the talking animal was just another illusion like back in the city. "He was a scion kind of guy and made you see illusions, like all your friends telling you to kill yourself or talking animals, like that one." she nodded her head at the fox.

It was freezing out and she wished that her jacket had fit. The sarashi around her chest was about as good at keeping the cold out as an ice cube and the skirt was miserable. Her best bet was to wrap her hands and arms in the jacket for what warmth it could provide. Still, she could see the cabin and the light plus the chimney smoke meant that it was warmer inside. The smell of cooking was another pleasant invitation and Bu was not feeling particularly hesitant about it. "You can call me Bu. Ah'm a first year too, technically."

She walked up to the front door and stopped. She could pull her hands out of the jacket to knock but that would be cold. There wasn't a knob either so she shrugged and kicked the door several times. "Hey, open up. It's cold out here and we're freezing." she shouted with about as much politeness as you might expect from a freezing sukeban.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Matsushina
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 06:54 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 36

Ladies?

Matsu chuckled at the thought of being mistaken as a girl, instead of being offended, which is the normal fare in this situation, at least normally. But Matsu, well, he isn't exactly isn't normal and wouldn't respond in the normal way to such interjection, at least not with barbaric outburst, for having his gender mistaken.

"I'm no lady; even if I look like one, I'm a boy."

He tried correcting the student who thought he was a lady. It doesn't help he has hair longer than most girls, and it's soft enough to appear like a girl's. More than that his facial features is definitely on the feminine side.

"But you're right, we really should head over there".

He responded calmly, not affected by the changes, he's used to this kind of cold due to his hometown being much colder than this. Paying little attention to what's going on around him and more to his group peers who are talking between themselves, it was nice to see them get along. He observed them a little bit more.

"Yoru-kun, is it? As for me, I'm Matsu, a first year, just like you. It's also a pleasure of mine to make your acquaintance". He bowed his head in return to Yoru's own bow towards their group.

He overheard the female student's explanation about the mummy, finding the information to be believable; he's not a skeptic in any way, he's had his fair share of weirdness and facing freaks even before the event of Ikko Ikki invasion, Shogunate's enemies seems to be a bunch of lunatics, if anything. But that's what makes them dangerous.

"Ah, Bu-chan, if that's okay to call you that?" He nodded after learning their names; he followed her restlessly after her introduction, standing behind her as they are within range to a place they can stay.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 08:34 AM

Administrator

"Hey, open up. It's cold out here and we're freezing." Bu shout as she started kicking the door multiple times. The loud sound of her foot against the door echoing in the air around them. Matsu and Izumi stood behind her as she kicked the door. In response, the new quickly flew open and almost off of it's hinges completely.

As the trio stepped inside they would find a beautiful cabin. It looked shockingly modern with electricity, appliances, even a nice dinning table. The entire cabin consisted of a well lit kitchen that had clearly been recently used, a dinning table with four places set for food, a living room, and then two bedrooms. It seemed, however, that the two bedroom doors had been locked shut.

The food on the table seemed to be roasted turkey with mashed potatoes and some green beans on the side. Four places had been set and in front of the plates, name tags. "Bu, Matsu, Izumi." and then the fourth name tag had been left blank.

Behind the students, the cold from the open door swept in and through the cabin as the electricity briefly flickered. The food smelled delicious and looked quite warm in spite of the cold outside. In the living room a nice fire was going with a few extra logs next to it.

Aideen
Matsushina
Fairy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 09:54 AM

Elite Member

"Now this is more like it." Bu said as she strolled in and looked around. If this was another mummy trick, it was a pretty good one, Bu thought as she dropped her jacket into a corner. She wouldn't mind staying around for awhile. "Bu-chan is fine." She walked over to the table and looked at the name tags. At least whoever was behind this whole charade had been prepared. She casually threw the name tag over her shoulder and sat down at the table.

"Guess we're supposed to ask who mystery guest number 4 is." She said as she hung one arm off the chair. "Ooh, spooky," she waggled the fingers on one hand, "somebody is late for dinner." She looked over the spread. It seemed quite up scale, very nice, like somebody was getting ready for a holiday. Well, if this show didn't get started soon, somebody was going to find themselves short a good amount of food. "So, you think this is the trap? Something to do with the food or are we going to be dining and telling ghost stories around the fire?"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 02:08 PM

Administrator

As Bu and the other students sat down at the table Bu began making a series of jokes about the building, the mission, and how someone was apparently late for dinner. As this happened the lights of the building began to violently flicker. As the lights went completely dark then came back on the door to the cabin was closed and the food had been served up on all four plates.

The name tag that had been blank now had the simple writing "IV" on it. Likely to symbolize the fourth person at the table. It was nothing fancy of course, but it was something out of the new. One of the logs had also been added to the fire and one the bedroom doors now seemed open.

The room had dressers, a beautiful western style bed, its own mini-fireplace, and a full set of white sheets upon the bed. It looked as though it could easily fit three people.

Aideen
Matsushina
Fairy

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute Sidereal Gardens The Gaea Chronicles AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Kids in America Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK