Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 3/8/2017Spring has come. The war with the Ikko Ikki monks has begun! The Bugei students set off to various areas of Japan in the first war the country has seen in nearly 200 years! What will happen as monks and samurai clash? FIND OUT!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I Didn't Come Here For The Halibut., The Quest for Fish! (OPEN)
Moby Dick
 Posted: May 10 2017, 06:38 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

The last pearl of wisdom that Suishoku would get from Tohru Bento - and admittedly, what he said would make sense - was "Remember, this is Edo. Even if it's not enough damage economically, politically...it's death.". If businesses stopped accepting fish into Edo...and they told them WHY...high ranking figures and noble families would hear of it and officially disapprove. Public opinion in Japan could kill. If your business was seen as disreputable, there was only so much you could do, and that's if nobody officially sent people down to wrest the fish market from the Mafia...which might happen. People love fish, after all.

Still, Suishoku had managed to have a pleasant conversation with Roshi's father, which...was surprising to Roshi. I guess you have to be female to receive polite courtesy with him. That explained his mother, at least. Roshi had to reinforce the fact that his voice was suffering from impersonating Boss Osato's frigging Wakamoto voice before she got it. It seemed that she was now trying to get somebody from the school now. He really hoped they got someone who would take this seriously, or at least not hang up immediately like it was a prank call.

--------------------
PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: May 15 2017, 02:38 PM

Story Teller

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Kai yawned stretching as he woke up to the sound of the phone in his office going off. The hitokiri startled awake and he stretched. He tiredly rubbed his eye and looked at the phone sighing softly. He reached out to pick it up. "I swear if this is another fan girl." He muttered annoyingly under his breath. This sort of thing happened from time to time.

To his surprise it wasn't a fangirl, but Suishoku on the other line... the staff at the front desk must have noticed the number and directed her to him. After all, he WAS in charge of the elite years at Bugei so it was to be expected. "Yuubae... what is it...?" His voice sounded drained. After all, he had just gotten back from a week long solo mission hunting a Ikko spy in Northern Japan.

He went silent to listen to her problem. He blinked as she finished and he closed his eyes and let out a very annoyed sigh. "How...? When..? Never mind , stay put I'll get someone over to help you...It might take about 20-30 minutes... and it won't be the authorities either. Well, not the police anyways. Just..stay put and out of sight.. knock the guy out if you have to."

With that Kai hung up the phone and sent a command down to the intelligence teacher to trace the phone call and pin point where they were. It took a few minutes for the data to be texted to Kai's phone. Kai looked up the area and narrowed his eyes. He knew someone nearby that could assist. It's just Kai didn't really want to ask.

With a resigned sigh Kai turned his phone on and dialed the number.

---------------------

Honshu

Music

user posted image

Aizen Haruzo sat behind the wheel of his government assigned car as he drove his way back to he safe house nearby in Honshu, the Head Hitokiri in all of Japan had just taken out four Ikko Commander at once and it was time to sit down with a good book and relax before his next assignment. Aizen reached out to pick up a cup of tea and bringing it to his lips. He took a deep breath and sighed contently. After every mission Aizen liked to take a moment to enjoy the relative calm, like any sane human he took no real pleasure in his work.

Just before he took a sip the built in phone in the car began to ring. Aizen sighed softly taking a sip and setting the cup down before looking to see who had called. It was Izuki-san, Aizen held a straight face as he pressed the answer button on the touch screen. "Izuki-san, I assume this isn't about a mission or Shinji hounding you?"

A tired voice responded. "No, nothing like that Aizen Tt's a student.. well STUDENTS that need help nearby. They got mixed up with the local mafia and the ended up kidnapping their boss. They're kinda stuck and you're the only one close by that I can trust to deal with this."

Aizen made a soft scoff of disapproval. "Fine students then, Shinji would approve." He let out a dry chuckle. Harsh as Aizen might sound he did care about Kai and Shinji as well as the students, it was just, like Kai he was tired and wished to rest. " I'll help them, but don't expect for them to come back unharmed... I fully tend to give them a stern talking too."

He could almost see Kai wince on the other end of the line. After a moment a sigh came out of is speakers. "Alright... do what you must, but go easy on them out.. they're doing their best."

Aizen smirked. "I'll do my best to keep myself restrained I assume you have a location?"

A buzz on his actual cellphone let him see a text from Kai. Then Kai's voice was heard again. "Location sent, bring them back safetly. And thanks."

"Anything for my pupil." Aizen said before hanging up and entering in teh address spinning his car around and speeding off to save the kids.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image user posted image
Kai Izuki: Head of the Elite Years, Bugei Staff ------- Kenji Tokugawa: Heir to the Shogunate 3rd Year
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 17 2017, 02:53 PM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

She nodded a few times and sighed a bit. "We'll stay in our area. Thank you," she spoke then hung up the phone and handed it back to Roshi as she would a knife with the handle toward him. "Izuki-senpai says we stay put and kinda out of sight. He'll send someone over but says they won't be a uniformed cop or someone of that authority. About twenty to half an hour from now." Obviously the next question would be who this person will be. Suishoku shrugged and left it at that. They'll have to see who this person would be. It didn't sound like it was Izuki-senpai's blonde Labrador like friend or else he'd voice them by name.

"Let's hang out in the shade and you can take it easy with your voice, Roshi." Suishoku offered and took this time to stretch and rub her arms a bit of that shockwave stung when the ladder broke. There weren't any cuts on her but the sound and feel of it breaking nearby was unnerving. They could also try cleaning themselves a bit after going through those dusty air vents but whatever tears and dirt smudges they had weren't going to easily rub off. She looked around though to find that there weren't many places to hang out at among warehouses. Maybe they can stuff the Boss into some cement piping and pull a tarp over him while they wait but for the mean time the two could rest easy for now.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: May 20 2017, 12:48 PM

Story Teller

So, someone had been sent by a friend of hers, but they didn't exactly know who, and it wasn't gonna be a policeman or anyone in authority. Well, that was good, he supposed, but how were they even gonna know the guy when he appeared? Presumably, he'd say who sent him. At least, that was Roshi's guess. They were gonna have to keep out of sight, which was going to be a bit hard With Big McLargeHuge Boss here, but maybe doable. Suishoku suggested the shade, but Roshi frowned. They were still basically out in the open on a street, even though it was empty. He began to listen carefully in the nearby warehouses. It must've been simple storage around here, because he didn't hear anything. He pointed to one.

"Unoccupied... Wanna try?"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 21 2017, 01:22 AM

Platinum Poster

No good. If they hung around outside with their boulder of a body with them then it was possible they would have been spotted eventually by someone before whoever Izuki sent rendezvous with them. Suishoku really contemplated on stuffing the boss into a cement pipe. Roshi found a warehouse they could crash in for awhile so it was a better bet. She started dragging the heavier man among at first then rolling the body along once that got annoying. The doorway to the warehouse was just wide enough for even the body to be rolled in. Afterwhich she pushed the man against the wall and had him settle there somewhat out of sight.

Here, with their dead weight, they would await for this stranger Izuki knew of. "Wonder what they're going to be like," Suishoku sighed and leaned against the wall for a moment's time to relax. Odds are that they were really weird, like senpai's blonde friend, or very strict, like the Elite gunner from the artillery team. She quietly hoped it wasn't anyone like that girl. The memory of it made her knees sting a little.

--------------------

PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: May 30 2017, 02:48 AM

Story Teller

Aizen pulled his car over to the side of the road as he neared what looked like an area made up mostly of factories and shipping businesses. He opened the door and stepped out of his car and closed the door locking it before taking out his phone to double check his phone just to make sure he was where he was supposed to be. After confirming so he turned the volume on his phone off and moved to the back of his car opening the trunk.

Reaching inside Aizen pulled out two Ninjato placing each on the back of his waist. He put on black leather gloves and pulled up a face mask to hide his features. After all with a mob boss missing there were bound to be guards. His phone buzzed again in his pocket and he pulled it out. It was another messages from Kai.

Inside the text was a photo of Suishoku with the caption that this was the student he was looking for. Aizen closed his phone and made his way silently into the compound not so much as a flutter breaking the silence as he snuck into the factory yard each movement precise and planned after all he was leader of the Hitokiri for a reason.

It didn't take long for Aizen to run into the so called Yakuza looking for their boss in a panic. Hiding behind cover Aizen watched the men carefully, they had numbers and that could prove problematic. Fighting them on his own wouldn't be an issues, but it would be easier to escape without starting a fight. Slipping back into the shadows Aizen resumed his search.

About 15 minutes later Aizen was now quite a ways into the park. He had stayed out of sight and completely unnoticed as he weaved in and out of building searching for the students, and finally he seemed to have found them. They were hiding in a warehouse with a large knocked out fat man with them bound by a whip, must have been the mob boss that had sent the Yakuza outside into a fit. Aizen dropped down from in front the students and spoke softly. "Izuki-san sent me, my name is Aizen, I'm Kai's superior. You two should get ready to leave quickly. It's best we leave this man here, I don't know how you got into this situation, but he's to much of a burden." He spoke quietly but his voice commanded respect and obedience.

--------------------
user posted image

Kai Izuki: Head of the Elite Years, Bugei Staff ------- Kenji Tokugawa: Heir to the Shogunate 3rd Year
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 02:19 AM

Story Teller

So, with a little effort, they managed to get Large-And-In-Charge into the warehouse, where they could take several breathers to recuperate the lost energy. Suishoku was thinking aloud about the person they'd be getting help from. Roshi just shook his head with a shrug on that one. He was starting to recover his voice now, but he was frankly tired, thanks to their ordeal taxing his reserves with no lunch in sight.

Finally, a man identifying himself as Aizen entered the room. Here was their man, apparently. He certainly looked like some kind of superior. Tough guy, he was. Alright, that was great. He was, however, advising that they get the hell out of here, and while he definitely wanted out, the problems that got them into this mess were gonna have to be addressed somehow.

"He's threatening the fish industry and extorting distributors to transport drugs. I'm fine to go, as long as something is done about that after we do."

All of this is happening before Kai has met Roshi, but for the record...you can see why Kai has taken a liking to the guy.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 03:14 AM

Platinum Poster

Suishoku rubbed at the fabric of her dress where some dust smudges were as they waited. It felt good to have a moment to relax and thankfully have someone with experience of what to do. Only reason why they kept the boss with them was how dangerous he was; too dangerous to leave alone to go back to. He's seen their faces and know some idea of who they are and this would put Roshi in more of a bind than before after that business shut down threat between Osano and Roshi's father. Her head pressed into the wall to think of any ideas but they've both been running to near fumes to find anymore. If someone didn't come soon then it would had been a matter of time the suits actually go looking for their boss. Sure the man is physically powerful but someone has to have a bit more brain in that outfit.

Her shoulders relaxed while listening out for anything related to Osano's men. A scouting party of some kind would be out if any were instructed to do so. Thankfully for them all, someone else found them first. A suited man jumped down from the support beams or somewhere before them looking much more sharply dressed and far less yakuza thug type. even is manner of speech was a sharper contract than anything either of them has heard all day.

"Izuki-san sent me, my name is Aizen, I'm Kai's superior. You two should get ready to leave quickly. It's best we leave this man here, I don't know how you got into this situation, but he's to much of a burden."

Kai-senpai's senapi. What are the odds. Suishoku moved her back from the wall and bowed a little in greeting as Roshi voiced the complications against leaving the man. She nodded in agreement.

"Events escalated quickly to the point where it was best not to stick around and then his large man somehow tracked us down to...the results you see now. As much as we'd like to leave him tied up and humiliated,"
Or dead "Is that all we can do? My friend's father explained methods of ruining his business reputation to eventually run him out of the fishing business but this one will still find other means of his trafficking." Suishoku asked to share what concerns they had which lead them to taking the man along with a sample of how things came to be. A full story would come up later. "We might be reading far too into this but removing him as the root of the problem; won't that give way to some other mafia power group to take over? It all happened so quickly to have a full understanding of the area to know if this would help the people more or not."

--------------------

PM
^
KaiIzuki
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 07:21 PM

Story Teller

Aizen looked at the two students in front of him. He listened to them speak his arms crossed. They had a strong sense of justice, honestly he had to admire the two for this as he wasn't that far off. He turned his head to look at the knocked out man and his mask shifted as he frowned. They were right after all they did need to do something. He spent a minute thinking before walking over to the man and kinelt down looking him over. He could see a wound on the back of the head. He smirked.

Standing up and dusted off his pants and turned to them. "You struck true, this man will be out for a while more. Now, you want to handle this before we leave? Commendable and I'll of course tell the higher ups about you intentions. However, it might be best to leave now." He really wasn't suggesting as he said before they needed to leave. "Now, there are a lot Yakuza out there, we'll need to be as quiet as possible. If we get spotted I want you to hide until I've killed them all." He spoke bluntly to them, there was no need to beat around the bush.

Turning his bakc to them he pulled out his phone. "As for what we'll do about him, I can get you a meeting with the police afterwards, but it is unreasonable to try and do anything right now. Killing or harming the boss anymore may lead to worse outcomes such as a gang war." He looked at Roshi. "I can putting you father in contact with the Government and they can work out a way to stop him."

He looked at the mafia boss again and rolled him to a position where he could get a picture of his face. He saved the photo and slipped the phone back into his pocket. "You, Yuubae you're an elite yes? If we do get into combat please make sure your friend here gets out safely, I will stay and cover you." HE moved to the door and looked outside to make sure the coast was clear. "Remember be as quiet as you can. Open conflict is a last resort."

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 02:14 AM

Story Teller

The two of them having said their peace, Aizen went to inspect the prone form of Boss Osato, a man who may have been huge, but essentially tough like the Kingpin of Marvel fame. Anyway, according to him, he was out like a light, not due to come out of it for a long time. It's a good thing too, because that guy scared the hell out of Roshi.

Since it seemed like Aizen was perfectly fine with doing something about this, that settled matters for him. He may not have liked his family, except his mother, but he didn't want them to be extorted by this loud, monster of a man. Their rescuer reassured them, and then once again informed them that they had to go. This time, there would be no objections, just one thing...

"If he's out, I'm taking this back."

The knot that Suishoku's whip was in may've been practically impossible while tied up in it, but from the outside, it could be loosened up and pulled apart, which Roshi did. He then handed it back to its owner.

"I think you'll need this way more than he will."

And with that, he was ready to proceed quietly, letting Aize take the lead but keeping his eyes and ears open.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 09:22 PM

Platinum Poster

Suishoku stood with hands kept at her sides as Kai's senior inspected them. His demeanor looked stern so she treated him as she would with small animals; with caution and fear of bites. It may be just her imagination but was he somehow amused by all this? She didn't want to say anything to invite a bite remark so she watched him along with Roshi. The senior agent knelt down to check the unconscious mafia boss and oddly gave her approval of her work. Suishoku just looked back stunned and uttered a quick "thank you," in acceptance then casts a weary eye at the Boos again. He has been knocked out for awhile now. Given his strength, the man could be just laying in wait before becoming a berserk on them again.

Aizen took some identification pictures of Boss Osano and gave her further instruction to look after Roshi when things get bad on their resumed stealth mission. Assuming that they are going to leave the place then that wouldn't be any different than what she and Roshi attempted to do from the start till Osano had to throw himself in. Just before they set off though did Roshi went over to Boss Osano to do something pretty unthinkable. Thanks to how she did her binding knot, difficult on the prisoner but easy for the handler, he undid the fastenings and handed her whip back to her. "You sure?" Suishoku raised a brow, voicing concern as her hands recoiled her whip loosely.

Having her weapon with her again, it was time to leave this area for good. This time they won't be slowed down by Osano as it would be just the three of them leaving. "Well...as long as he doesn't track us again," she sighed in hopeful prayer that he wouldn't go hunting them down a second time. What a troublesome boss. She joined with Aizen as the man took point to lead them out of here. Once it is safe would they be able to ask an inclusion of Roshi's brother, maybe.

--------------------

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Get Ink'd! My Hero Academia Roleplay Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis LIGHT IT UP .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES DELTA CROSS UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH MASQUERADE Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow SHOWDOWN! Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule Missing Frames Koi no Yokan RWBY-AU Those Among Us Battle Born Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Temporal Deadzone Bravelink All of Me Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo