Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Relic Repair: Tokugawa Jun
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 03:03 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

His relic had been broken. A better way to phrase it would have been shattered. Edo Bugei students trained hard to learn to unleash the full power of their relics without hurting themselves of breaking their relic. Yet in order to save the country he had released the relic's full power with extremely dangerous results.

It has been quite a while without his relic, and now Jun would be ordered to go get his relic repaired. The first thought in most Scion's minds would be a simple trip to the underground relic vault in Edo. After all the vaults had monks that spent their entire life studying and searching for relics. Sadly nothing would be that simple. While the monks under Edo Castle knew about relics, repairing them was an entirely different process.

A relic was old magic. Magic designed to keep the pure energies and intentions of a person inside a physical object much smaller than the actual power itself. Comparatively it was like trying to fit a nuclear beast inside of an earring. Thus, access to the relic vault would not be granted or even mentioned. Instead Jun would receive a simple order.

The order said that he was to travel to the city of Kyoto and inquire how to fix his relic with the Imperial Court. It was odd to say the least. In most people's minds the Imperial Court managed the country. They had nothing to do with relics nor the military, since that was all handled by the Tokugawa Shogunate.

Now Jun would be on his way to Kyoto via train, a pouch containing the shattered pieces of his relic would be handed to him by Tokugawa officials before his trip.

Darkhawkin

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:05 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

To say things have been rough for Jun since the incident would be an understatement, for Jun has lost more then just his power that day, but this was neither the time nor the place for such thoughts. As he was currently on a train to Kyoto to fix that which had been lost. To say the least he would be glad to fill this empty void he felt since its lose but then he would rather live with that felling then dealing with the imperial court. Jun was not a big fan of the imperial court and not because of the reason most would thing, it has nothing to do with his family and who controlled what. That nonsense held no interest with Jun, rather his distaste sprang from another source, but alas he had choice in the matter. Besides he would need his power back if he was going to fulfill his original mission. Thus all he could do was wait for the train to arrive and hope this would be over quick and how know if he was lucky he may gleam some truths that may benefit him in the future.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 07:47 PM

Administrator

The long train ride to Kyoto was far from perfect. The train clicked and clacked loudly as it traveled westward and it was hardly the type of train Jun would be use to. This was mostly due to having to keep a low profile. No one needed to know he was going to Kyoto, nor that he was without a relic. A few of his fellow passengers whispered upon seeing him, but for the most part it was a fairly boring ride as the train arrived north of the great walled city.

As the passengers cleared out Jun would travel to the Northern Gate of the Imperial Capital. The two guards, both in beautiful green and gold armor with very high quality spears, eyed the boy a bit before huffing and letting him in. They didn't ask why he had come, after all they already knew. They didn't need civilians, or even worse spies, to hear who the boy was or why he had journeyed to the city. The large gates opened for him and he was in the civilian district of Kyoto.

Within the city life looked as though they had never heard of the Ikko Ikki. The city was in perfect condition and the people all looked casual and care free. Kyoto had it's own protections and in spite of their best efforts the Ikko had been stopped from disrupting the city by the students of Edo Bugei academy.

Waiting for Jun was a beautiful looking man in a light blue kimono with a great blue heron flying across the bottom. He had purple hair in an elaborate top knot and two swords by his side. Approaching Jun he gave a large smile.
"Welcome to our grand city. I trust you brought what was lost?" he asked in a slightly quizzical manor.

Darkhawkin

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 09:04 PM

Story Teller

Finally, free from the metal confinement that was an uncomfortable train ride, Jun made his way to the north gate to which he was greeted with what appeared to be contempt. Jun payed the guards no mind as he was allowed to pass through to a scene that made his stomach turn. Say what you will about Kyoto, be it peaceful, elegant or some other nice words it was all lies. This city was nothing more then an illusion cut off from the world, the people that lived here did not care about anything that happened outside their walls for in their mind even if the nation fell to ruin they would still thrive as they picked at the corpses that lined their wall seeking shelter. This place was the prime example of everything wrong with the country, however now was not the time nor place to dwell on such thoughts. For he had come here with a purpose and the sooner he fulfilled that the sooner he could leave.

Upon entering the city proper Jun was greeted by what Jun assumed was some sort of guide or something, just another viper. Welcome to our grand city. I trust you brought what was lost?, Jun said nothing rather he simple raised a pouch the contained the remnants of his relic, that in itself would be answer enough.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 10:17 PM

Administrator

The purple haired man smiled at Jun as he held up the small package containing the broken remnants of his relic. With a wide grin the purple haired man walked over to Jun.
"Come now, don't be so tense. Though, I would suggest you follow me." he said with a deep bow before walking off towards the center of the city. Occasionally he would check back to make sure Jun was still following behind him. In the center of Kyoto was the most important part of the city, the Kyoto Imperial Court. It was a large series of building with the Imperial Court as it's heart. The very residence of the Emperor himself.

However, they didn't seem to be going directly to the Imperial Court itself. Instead they seemed to be going to a small tea house to the left of it. It looked to only be big enough for two people, attached to a building. Giving a polite bow the purple haired man then motioned for him to enter.
"Take care." and saying no more the man seemed to spin on his heals and walk away.

Inside the tea house sat two cups full of warm green tea, one beautiful, ancient looking tea pot, and a very serious faced black haired man. He had beautiful onmoyouji robes on and a rather series look in his eyes. Yet his actions seemed extremely slow, and patient. Taking one of the tea cups he slowly moved it over to the place Jun would sit at.
"Welcome to Kyoto, Mr. Tokugawa." the man said in a deep voice.

Darkhawkin

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 12:08 PM

Story Teller

Tense was no the word Jun would have used but it described the situation well enough and it wasn’t like Jun was going to suggestion otherwise and challenge this purple haired mans perception. Regardless he did as he was told and followed the man thought the streets of Kyoto all the way to the imperial court or more precisely a small tea house close to the court. once they reached the destination the purple haired man’s job seemed complete as he left with nothing but a Take care, which didn’t surprise Jun all that much since that was the kind of treatment that he expected from the residents of Kyoto. Regardless Jun did not waste anytime entering the tea house to which he was greeted with interesting sight, a mage and two fancy cups of tea. This he wasn’t expecting but again not every shocking after all Kyoto was home to many onmoyouji.

Welcome to Kyoto, Mr. Tokugawa With the greeting and the offer of tea Jun took his place in the tea house. As he took his seat a few thoughts swirled in his mind as the he narrowed down the possibilities and resulting outcomes, yet such thoughts would not change the reasoning for him being here thus he simple asked. “Shall we begin?”

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 10:14 PM

Administrator

“Shall we begin?” Jun asked, causing the Onmyou master to smirk a bit as he handed Jun a tea cup and lightly sipped some of his own before putting the cup down. The onmyou master gazed into the tea for a moment then gazed into Jun's eyes. Jun would be able to feel the man gazing into Jun's soul, as though looking around for something very specific. It was as though he had found the book he was looking for, pulled it off the shelf, and was now attempting to find a particular passage on a page.

"Hmmm. We shall begin then. Tell me, what do you know of your relic? Tell me everything. What have you been able to do with it thus far?" the question was far from simple, especially when the onmyou mage seemed to be looking for something in particular, either by what Jun said, or didn't. Yet as Jun looking, he would also notice that the Mage's right hand was open and turned up, his fingers clearly pointing towards the tea cup he had placed in front of Jun. It would be heard to tell at this point if he was waiting for June to hand over his broken relic, or simply pointing out that Jun should drink his tea. In many ways, both would be a distinct possibility.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 04:36 PM

Story Teller

…Tell me, what do you know of your relic? Tell me everything. What have you been able to do with it thus far?

This was something Jun has asked himself many times over the past year, what was the relic and what was it capable of. Jun contemplated this at he took a sip from his tea, from his teacher growing up, from the academy and from his travels Jun has learned a great many things but when it all came to the relic he could only obtain rumours, myths and conjectures but no facts or hard evidence of there true nature. It was only after Jun felt he had an answer that he put down his tea and pulled out the bag containing his relic’s remains. Looking upon it Jun finally spoke.

“the true answer is none a thing, for how can one truly know something they do not understand,” which was what made relics so dangerous, they were a powerfully device that those that used them did not understand. “However I believe it’s a source. A well of energy that attunes to a specific individual. Be it by choice or fate I do not know, all I do know is that those that can access the power hidden within can alter then very fabric of the world be it through elemental domination, personally augmentation or ethereal manipulation. Yet on its own it is nothing or appears to be nothings is the better way of putting it. regardless of what one is able to achieve with a relic, a relic on its own was nothing but a mundane item. With out a host to channel its power through it would not bring about the power that scions displayed, which is here the problem both started and ended but this man was not asking about the scions just about the relic.

“In my case I have been granted dominion over fire, it heeds my call and acts out my will. What I have been able to do is no different than any other, its just that my form of destruction is just not as pleasant.” it may not have been the answer the man was looking for it was the only one Jun was willing to give for in his mind all he had ever accomplished ever since becoming a scion was bring about death and destruction.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 08:55 PM

Administrator

The old man listened carefully to Jun's explanation of his relic. Looking over the shattered pieces as the boy spoke and nodding along while drinking his tea. As Jun explained the man pointed at the pieces of the relic in Jun's hands.

"That is no longer a relic." he said plainly. It was something Jun would know as well. The shattered pieces he held had no connection with him. They had no power left within them. Even if someone was a master at sensing and understanding spiritual energy the amount remaining within his relic was slim. As the old man let his words sink in he suddenly, instantly, flung Jun's tea cup against the wall as it violently shattered. Then looked Jun in the eyes.

"This is no longer a tea cup." he said. As Jun would focus on the old man he had one of his hand facing down, and slowly rotated it as in his hand the tea cup appeared, repaired. He then held it out to Jun.
"Even when it becomes a tea cup again." he then slowly moved his arm to motion to the puddle of tea on the floor where it had broken.
"The tea is gone." and with that he put the cup down and refilled it. Slowly pushing it towards Jun and bowing politely, as though to apologize for his rude action of shattering the tea cup.

"Do you know, who's tea you have spilled? What they have done?" the old man asked simply.
"Do you know where they called home? Where they perished?"

Darkhawkin

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 12:54 AM

Story Teller

That is no longer a relic
Obviously

The statement wasn’t anything new however what he did next was a bit unexpected. The tea cup Jun was hold flew out of his hands and smashed against the wall. I wasn’t done with that was all Jun though however the metaphor was not lost on him, even as the old man remade the cup and poured him more tea he continued the metaphor with more questions. This time however Jun simply ignore the tea and looked at the man. “I do believe it was you how spilled that tea. “ He wasn’t trying to be rude, he was just stating a fact. “I’m afraid my palate is not so refined I can tell were a tea comes from. Besides unless this is grown in a personal garden would there not be many involved from start to finish, and the odds of those involved in its production still being alive is quite high.” If the man didn’t understand Jun’s personality he would now. Jun was a matter of fact kind of person, for him hypotheticals were other possibilities and anything thing else was nonsense. He was the kind of guy if asked a ridicules question to which the asker expected an abused response Jun would give a normal answer with logic to justify it. Essentially, he was a kill joy that never got invited to the fun party’s sort of person. So obviously the answers he had given were meant to be taken seriously, sure he understood it was probably meant to a metaphor for his relic but the man had asked about the tea and if he wanted to ask about his knowledge of the relic he should have done that.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 11:18 AM

Administrator

As Jun talked of tea the old man smiled a bit. Jun fit the relic he carried well and it brought a smile to the old man's face, reminding him of the person Jun's relic was based off of as he looked Jun in the eyes.
"I will repair your relic. However, making it work again is beyond my control. The power source is free, and you will need to take care of that yourself." he said blatantly.

Cloth was far from a tea cup. He couldn't simply craft a new tea cup. He had to repair an old, beautiful cape. Yet that was far from the hardest thing he had ever done. Mind you, at this point, not much of the cape was left aside from tatters.

"You will need to go to the resting place of the former owner of your relic. Go to the remains of the Shrine. I'm sure you will find your missing relic powers at that place. Go late in the evening, When the moon is directly overhead." he had no time to be blunt, not with this one. If the boy wanted directness, the man would gladly supply it. After all, being direct was rare among nobles, even back in his own day.

"Do be aware, however, that it is fortunate you maintained even pieces of your relic. If all of the relic had been lost, not even I could fix that." his old eyes looked extremely serious, and his tone shared that seriousness. One of the most important parts of a relic was that the relic itself had come from the person who's power was placed inside of it.

Darkhawkin

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 02:24 PM

Story Teller

As Jun listen the mans directs he could not help but think that the next stage of his journey was going to be rather involved and most likely a bit of a pain. Regardless Jun burned the mans words into his mind, after all he planed on getting this right the first time. as he listened Jun returned to his newly poured tea, it seemed like fairly decent tea and it would-be a shame if it went to waste. It would seem that Jun was being directed to former owners resting place, he know of the place after all he was rather familiar with it the problem however is that he had not been there since before the incident that started the mess that got him in this position in the first place. Last he heard the place was a mess, and he wasn’t looking forward to it after all it was a reminder of the shoguns failure now. With his tea now finished, a location and time Jun had all he needed, however Jun did have something to say about the mans last comment. “That just means that my work is not yet done.” No Jun’s work was far from over, there were still many things left for him to do in this world. “Thank you for the tea,” Jun gave a slight bow to show his gratitude before his took his leave. He would waste no time heading to the shire, after all he would not miss his chance.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 09:28 AM

Administrator

The apparent tea master smiled and bowed politely at Jun's words. After all, he had not served tea to someone in quite a long time. Though, he had also not fixed a relic in far longer. As the young Tokugawa seemed clear eyed about this goal the tea master simply smiled politely. In his mind, however, he couldn't help be laugh.
"Those determined eyes. Truly Iemitsu indeed." he thought to himself after Jun had left.

Waving his hand a bit a series of purple kanji briefly appeared in the air before fading away as in front of the tea master the purple haired young man from before had appeared. The man seemed wide eyed and full of life as he bowed politely, awaiting the tea master's words.
"Go with him. I am not sure he understands what awaits him." the old man said simply. The purple haired boy smiled and bowed deeply.
"Yes master." and vanished from the small tea house as it in and of itself faded away from the world.

As Jun moved back towards the station North of Kyoto he would feel a familiar but odd presence skip up behind him looking seemingly delighted. The boy from earlier was all grins as he casually skipped next to the Tokugawa.
"My master told me to make sure you don't get yourself killed!" he said in a hushed voice. After all he had no wish of alarming the people of Kyoto by talking about such things as suicide and murder. Then he giggled a bit.
"Did you know Master Tokugawa Iemitsu was actually a very focused young man? In a few short years, in spite of his young age, he swiftly brought sweeping reforms to our country and even worked hard on making both peasant and samurai organized into various groups to aid things like farming and construction work. It was very swift." he explained, smiling even more until they finally reached the train.

"Oh, I hear his resting place, the Tokugawa Shrine, is still a mess after the Ikko ambush on the Shogunate. Do you plan to just walk up the normal way, or sneak through the woods like a bandit? Or perhaps a mighty shout of "TOKUGAWA JUN HAS ARRIVED! BOW PEASANTS!" hmmm?" he asked quizzically.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:28 PM

Story Teller

The old man’s words filled Jun’s mind so much he didn’t even notice the trip to the station it was only when he felt a familiar presence that he was brought back to reality.
My master told me to make sure you don't get yourself killed!
Did he now, Jun simple relied, after all he didn’t like this purple haired man he didn’t know why but something felt off about him and it bugged Jun like crazy. As the young man sent on with his little history lesson Jun tuned him out, he was well aware of Tokugawa Iemitsu legacy. Jun was also well aware the mans resting place after all it was a place rather close to his family for obvious reasons. It was then Jun was questioned about his approach to the whole thing, of course Jun know what he was going to do but for now silence would be his answer. It wasn’t until the pair were on the train that Jun finally gave the young man an answer he seemed to be pining for. “Flash, pomp and circumstance are more my brother’s thing. I will simple go where I need to go and not disturbed those that are cleaning up the Tokugawa’s mess.” it was a simple answer from a simple man, there was no need for skulking after all it wasn’t like he was entering forbidden lands or a restricted area. It was a place he could go to whenever he so choose to.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 05:20 PM

Administrator

“Flash, pomp and circumstance are more my brother’s thing. I will simple go where I need to go and not disturbed those that are cleaning up the Tokugawa’s mess.” Jun finally answered as the man looked rather disappointed. It wasn't nearly flashy at all and it was like a cat playing with a mouse only to finally realize the mouse had been dead the past five minutes and wasn't going to move again. The boy seemed to visibly sulk a bit as he looked out the windows of the train. His eyes seemed filled with wonder as he looked at the world outside of Kyoto.
"Its truely beautiful." he said with all the wanderlust of a small child.
"Its a shame people want destroy it." he said in a contemplative tone. The first time Jun had heard his voice as such before the man would sit down and look at the ceiling of the train, contemplating.

"You know, you aren't the first person to destroy a relic. Some people just say forget it. Give up being a Scion, and just let the relic be lost. Why do you want one? Aren't they a lot of trouble?" he asked as he then leaned and sat on the empty seats like a cat relaxing in the sunlight that was trickling into the train through the large windows.
"What if you can't fix it?" the boy then asked. Jun would be aware that this banter was to pas the time, and by now the train was about halfway to the site of the shrine.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute Sidereal Gardens The Gaea Chronicles AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Kids in America Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK